Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 6/7/15 at 10:01am in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
So I was ordering some stuff online from Golfsmith and my order was a few dollars shy of qualifying for free shipping. Added a Snake Eyes leather glove to my order because it was cheap but still...
Bought this net from Walmart to make better use of my home practice time. The net was easy to assemble, disassemble, and stow away when not in use. The indoor stand was a bit flimsy and requires...
Yes, these are the grips that the most interesting golfer in the world uses on his clubs. While the Mechanic has aced a few holes with this grip in his hands, read on to see if these grips will fit...
For the last few years, I've worn the Next Belt, which is essentially identical to the Mission belt. Instead of the holes you find on a standard belt, the Mission belt uses a ratchet system. The...
Over the last few rounds I've been able to play the Snell My Tour golf ball, and at this point, I'd go so far as to say that it is my ball of choice. Even though I play right around a 9 handicap, I...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 562
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Well not today but yesterday. Shot 71. 1 over par at chalambar course(5526Meters par 70) at Ararat Victoria. If I had to characterize the round it would be a combination of solid putting, solid chipping(well it was all pretty solid) and some of the most tin arsed golf you've ever seen.
Example 1: a chip in from 30 meters to save par on 12.....Haha
example 2: a drive with the long driver that smashed though one line of fairway trees on to the next fairway. A chip over the trees and a long 5 iron to within 6 feet for a birdie......I'm buying a lottery ticket after that crap!!
example 3: a COMPLETE misread of a green followed by the WORST execution of a putt ever combining to sink a 20 footer......NICE!
Most annoying though was I'd never parred a course using the LPG swing and I managed to dupe myself into thinking that the save I'd made on number thirteen(example 2) was a par when on their card and website it says it's a par 5.
Anyway it really ****ed me up and I proceeded to bogie the last 3 to finish over.
I was on the course for the fist time this year last weekend, we have some weird weather going on here in the Netherlands.
Normal it would be around 15-16 degrees ( celsius ) right now we still have snow and frost. I remember last years easter lunch was outside right now it's -1. But anyway with competition on the line ( starting sunday ) i forced myself into the cold on the course.
I did some indoor golf and some range sessions, but that was it. So i didn't expect much of it.
result 3 pars and 15 bogeys. most bogeys came from bad chipping and putting. (but what can you expect from halve frozen greens) so actually it was fairly good. Hit some solid shots off the tee and irons.
Only played 9
abt 90 degrees out
had 2 blow up holes but happy with consistently breaking 100 for the last 4 rounds , putting needs to improve and need to get back my confidence with the pw
Qutab Golf Course
Today is a significant day for me . .I finally broke 100! I had an amazing front nine and made the turn at +6. Then I had a fairly typical back nine and carded a 97. On that front 9, I was doing everything well (for me) . .driving, chipping, putting. I made a couple really good up and downs and dropped a 20 footer to save par.
Then, on the back nine, I was more like my normal self. 1 bad blow-up hole, a couple of doubles and a triple.
51 - 2 pars, 3 FIRS, 1 GIR, 20 putts (2x1 putt, 3x2 putt, 4x3 putt) and 1 lost ball!
44 - 2 pars, 1 FIR, 1 GIR, 19 putts (1x1, 6x2, 2x3 putts) and 1 lost ball!
95 (par 71)
- This is more lowest ever score and the second time Ive broken 100 in the last three rounds!!!
- Three one putts is the most one putts Ive ever had in a round.
- I started off with a his and a roar as hit the fairway in regulation three out of the first five holes (and one of those was a par 3:)!
- Broke 40 putts in a round for the second time running! Not long now until I hit the magical 36! :)
- Two lost balls is pretty good for me considering that at the start of March I was losing in the region of a half dozen plus per round!
- When we got to the first par 3 hole divers were out dredging the lake that surrounds the hole. Made me happy I got out last night after 5pm for a quick few practice holes and fished a few Pro V1's and AD333's out of the lake for myself (and left the Top Flights and Dunlops on the side of the green for someone else to claim:)
New to this site.
Was out yesterday for the first time with a new set of clubs that isn't always easy and on a course that I do not like. Great combination.
Started out not too bad then started to get into the swing of things quiet literally and had four birdie puts in 6 holes. Was frustrated to say the least when they pared them all. From then on went down hill as the coldness set in with a bitter breeze coming down the Mountains that still have snow on them in Ireland. All in all not a bad start with the new set.
Shot a +3 (75) today.
13 GIR with 34 putts, and no birdies.
That's 7 more putts than my last round and the story of my round. I had 9 birdie putts in the 10-15 foot range and failed to get any of them in the hole.
Not my normal putting day so I'll put it off as this damn cold weather, lol! Please weather man, just give us a day in the mid 50's at least!!!
48 - 1 par, 5 bogeys, 3 double bogeys, 1 lost ball, 8x2 putts, 1x4 putt ping pong game, 1 FIR!
47 - 1 par, 4 bogeys, 4 double bogeys, 2 lost balls, 7x2 putts, 2x3 putts, 3 FIR and 3 GIR.
95 (24 over)
- This is the first time Ive ever had played a game with the front and back 9 under 50 each! :)
- I had realistic shots at 3 birdies for the three GIRS I managed on the back nine only to screw things up with putting that resembled ping pong!
- First time Ive had only three 3 putts or more in a round. Still pushing to break 36!
- This is the third round in the last four that Ive broken 100 :)
- First competition on Saturday, which Ill be happy to keep in the low hundreds!
Played 15 holes yesterday, after work before darkness came. Had a pretty decent score tho.
hole par my score
1 4 4 ( the way to go fairway hit and green hit )
2 5 6 ( i hit a massive hook off the tee ob )
3 3 3 7 iron just over the green with a back pin position 2 putts
4 4 5 ( 3 putted )
5 5 5
6 3 4 ( most difficult par 3 on the course had i horrible lie in the bunker )
7 4 5 ( another hook off the tee into water hazard )
8 4 4
9 3 3 ( hit a flush 4 iron on the green 170 m into some serious wind )
10 5 3 ( yeah first eagle off the year ) after hitting my drive in the rough right between some trees 205 M from the green had a good lie and could make a full swing i had to hit a little fade to get past some trees. i just hit the most flush hybrid, ball ended just past the green leaving a 15 M chip uphill with a big left to right break. My chip with PW just went in the middle.
11 3 2 165 M missed the green left pin high and holed another chip this time with my gap wedge
12 4 5 i chip 2 putted for bogey
13 4 4 nothing much going on here hit fairway and green 2 putts
14 4 5 mishit on my approach i was way short could not manage to hole my put after my pitch
15 4 5 shortest hole (280 M ) hit 5 iron 9 iron ( into wind ) 3 putts
We just got out off winter time here in holland so the course is not in optimal condition, so i was happy the way i played
42 (+6), 4 Bogey's, 1 Double Bogey, 4 Pars
A great 9 holes with the driver, 6 out of 7 fairways. But i couldn't hit an iron to save my life. Only 1 green in Regulation, it was horrible. I think i was taking to big of a backswing, and i am dipping a bit at the ball, to steep angle of attack with the irons. Putting was very good, only took 13 putts. Short game was so-so, had some really good shots, and some realy bad ones. I just need to stop thinking and trust that part of my game. Its my weakest, but i know i can hit good shots.
Fairly easy (most of the time) unrated par 70 course.
First nine 37 two over par.
Second nine 38 three over par.
Third nine 38 three over par.
Fourth nine 36 one over par.
Not too great on that course but I was fairly happy with the way I hit the ball considering the cold, wet, wind, and dormant Bermuda.
Tomorrow is supposed to be a nicer day.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (July 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 Greenbrier Classic Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Phil Mickelson Reportedly Tied to Money Laundering, Gambling Case 11 minutes ago
- › Tiger Woods Accused of Cheating With Amanda Dufner 11 minutes ago
- › Pete's Programme (Single Digit to Tour Player) 19 minutes ago
- › Donald Trump for president? 22 minutes ago
- › GameGolf Users, how do you use the results 23 minutes ago
- › Who will win more Majors in their career: Rory or Spieth? 27 minutes ago
- › My Edel Irons: Welcome Back, My Friends to the Show That Never Ends... 27 minutes ago
- › My Swing (saevel25) 33 minutes ago
- › Snake Eyes Mens Leather Golf Glove by SavvySwede
- › Club Champ Multi-Sport Quik Net by SavvySwede
- › Lamkin Wrap-Tech Grip by Mr. Desmond
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by tristanhilton85
- › Snell Golf My Tour Ball by tristanhilton85
- › Sun Mountain Reflex Cart by Valleygolfer
- › Snell Golf Get Sum by newtogolf
- › ProAm by Morkin
- › PING G30 Driver by Mac62
- › Winn Dri-Tac Dark Gray Oversize Grip (+1/8 in.) by Mac62
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes