shot 72 yesterday on a par 69 course. was -1 thru 11. not bad for only playing twice in the last 6 months. my swing felt terrible, but i was hitting my irons pretty solid. driver and woods not so much...
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 1:23 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
From the creator of the classic HipTi Driver comes this flat black, easygoing, straight driver with distance. Jesse Ortiz has always carved his prototypes from wood by hand. It was the way he was...
For golfers with average swing speed, about 93 or less with a driver who desire tour-like control around the green and a high launch off tee and irons, Callaway offers you the SR1 for your golfing...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 566
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Yesterday a front 9 +6 with 4 pars but found water twice so it ran the score up. Just bad luck after hitting great shots from tricky lies. Last two times out I've hit the ball really good but it's resulted in missing greens long. Pretty sure it's just a combo of off season practice gains and the warmer temps.
Disclaimer: I know that schizophrenia is a horrible disorder and I am by no means demeaning nor making light of this disease, but only using the term as an adjective that best describes my round of golf.
Talk about a schizophrenic round. We have all had and heard of rounds where the wheels totally come off, but at the start of yesterday's round my wheels were nowhere to be found, but then suddenly popped ONTO my vehicle. Right at the turn. 48 front, 36 back. What a game this is...
shot 108 today @ Rhodes Ranch in Las Vegas :( 108 isn't too bad for me. It was my second time playing with the Adams A30S clubs. I'm liking them the more I play with them. Shaved about 7 strokes off my avg so far. currently using the HT superfast driver (12 degree, I think).way too much loft for me. Just purchased the Bridgestone J40 9.5 this evening for $80 in great condition, which means tomorrow will be a driving range session !
First 2 rounds using new irons on Monday and Tuesday.
Shot a 96.
What I learned.... I have gained a club in distance with new irons. Other than a 175 par 3 I hit fat and came up 5 yards short, I was long on almost every approach except the par 5's where I was 3/4 GIR (because I was within 100 yards and in).
Then the next day, I played 2 balls and didnt keep score. Didn't even pull my driver out. I hit 4iron off the tee. Just wanted to get distances on my irons.
Pretty happy with this round today. Played a lot of irons off the tee to keep it in play (Course basically has hazards all along both sides of every hole) but the fairways are really tight so you can get some decent roll. 17 was my favorite ... 4 iron, 6 iron to the back fringe, 20 foot putt straight into the heart. A couple stupid 3 putt bogeys, and hacked my way from a fairway bunker to another fairway bunker to a collection area on 15, which led to the double. Otherwise, I'm really pleased with the way I hit it today.
Yesterday I made a 90 for 33 Stableford points on a par 71 course. Bit pissed because I was driving very well and the course was in bad shape. On hole 1 made a tripple because my drive was best ever on that course and that hole. But a bad bounce made it go out of bounds
Only 1 GIR, so my approaches were as bad as possible. Need to work on my approaches. Even the short par 4 (275y) and only 90 yards for my second shot was not on the green.
Shot an 87 in my first round of the year earlier this week (and it's snowing on and off once again here in Western WI). Not up to my standards from last year score-wise. However, I felt my overall game (fairways, GIR, recovery shots) is at a better starting point, so the score doesn't bother me. Just really hard to putt when the greens are so deceptively slow.
Shot an "unofficial" 101 today (practice round, not carded for handicap). Went out solo after work, didn't get a chance to warm up beforehand, so I was +11 after the first three holes. Since I was the last one out on the course, I started playing 2-3 balls per hole, trying different course management approaches (aggressive vs. conservative), etc. and ended up having a very enjoyable and educational afternoon. I was catching up to the foursome ahead of me (guys playing from the tips who obviously had no business doing so), so I created some space by spending about 30 minutes around the 7th green practicing my short game from various lies, distances and angles - the most beautiful thing about having nobody else behind you! Despite the full swing inconsistencies that are still driving me crazy, it was a great opportunity to learn a lot of things about my game and work on scoring strategy. Nice way to spend a sunny, 85-degree Arizona afternoon.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Push cart vs carrying the bag 2 minutes ago
- › Songs With Girls Names In Title... 5 minutes ago
- › Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball) 5 minutes ago
- › My Swing (GHIN0011458) 6 minutes ago
- › Michael Phelps alleged girlfriend was once a man?!! wth?! 6 minutes ago
- › The tool USGA officials hope will help solve the problem of slow play 22 minutes ago
- › My Swing (FireDragon76) 24 minutes ago
- › How Much Better does Online Instruction Have to Be? 28 minutes ago
- › Wilson Staff Duo review 40 minutes ago
- › Late february early march play, your club 42 minutes ago
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › IceSkin Cooling Shirt by Garmatex by boogielicious
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by CarlSpackler
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes