shot 72 yesterday on a par 69 course. was -1 thru 11. not bad for only playing twice in the last 6 months. my swing felt terrible, but i was hitting my irons pretty solid. driver and woods not so much...
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
If you are going there for a fun and short weekend round, you can usually finish up on 2 hours or less depending upon how many golfers are playing. My kids and I used to play this course once a...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 566
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Yesterday a front 9 +6 with 4 pars but found water twice so it ran the score up. Just bad luck after hitting great shots from tricky lies. Last two times out I've hit the ball really good but it's resulted in missing greens long. Pretty sure it's just a combo of off season practice gains and the warmer temps.
Disclaimer: I know that schizophrenia is a horrible disorder and I am by no means demeaning nor making light of this disease, but only using the term as an adjective that best describes my round of golf.
Talk about a schizophrenic round. We have all had and heard of rounds where the wheels totally come off, but at the start of yesterday's round my wheels were nowhere to be found, but then suddenly popped ONTO my vehicle. Right at the turn. 48 front, 36 back. What a game this is...
shot 108 today @ Rhodes Ranch in Las Vegas :( 108 isn't too bad for me. It was my second time playing with the Adams A30S clubs. I'm liking them the more I play with them. Shaved about 7 strokes off my avg so far. currently using the HT superfast driver (12 degree, I think).way too much loft for me. Just purchased the Bridgestone J40 9.5 this evening for $80 in great condition, which means tomorrow will be a driving range session !
First 2 rounds using new irons on Monday and Tuesday.
Shot a 96.
What I learned.... I have gained a club in distance with new irons. Other than a 175 par 3 I hit fat and came up 5 yards short, I was long on almost every approach except the par 5's where I was 3/4 GIR (because I was within 100 yards and in).
Then the next day, I played 2 balls and didnt keep score. Didn't even pull my driver out. I hit 4iron off the tee. Just wanted to get distances on my irons.
Pretty happy with this round today. Played a lot of irons off the tee to keep it in play (Course basically has hazards all along both sides of every hole) but the fairways are really tight so you can get some decent roll. 17 was my favorite ... 4 iron, 6 iron to the back fringe, 20 foot putt straight into the heart. A couple stupid 3 putt bogeys, and hacked my way from a fairway bunker to another fairway bunker to a collection area on 15, which led to the double. Otherwise, I'm really pleased with the way I hit it today.
Yesterday I made a 90 for 33 Stableford points on a par 71 course. Bit pissed because I was driving very well and the course was in bad shape. On hole 1 made a tripple because my drive was best ever on that course and that hole. But a bad bounce made it go out of bounds
Only 1 GIR, so my approaches were as bad as possible. Need to work on my approaches. Even the short par 4 (275y) and only 90 yards for my second shot was not on the green.
Shot an 87 in my first round of the year earlier this week (and it's snowing on and off once again here in Western WI). Not up to my standards from last year score-wise. However, I felt my overall game (fairways, GIR, recovery shots) is at a better starting point, so the score doesn't bother me. Just really hard to putt when the greens are so deceptively slow.
Shot an "unofficial" 101 today (practice round, not carded for handicap). Went out solo after work, didn't get a chance to warm up beforehand, so I was +11 after the first three holes. Since I was the last one out on the course, I started playing 2-3 balls per hole, trying different course management approaches (aggressive vs. conservative), etc. and ended up having a very enjoyable and educational afternoon. I was catching up to the foursome ahead of me (guys playing from the tips who obviously had no business doing so), so I created some space by spending about 30 minutes around the 7th green practicing my short game from various lies, distances and angles - the most beautiful thing about having nobody else behind you! Despite the full swing inconsistencies that are still driving me crazy, it was a great opportunity to learn a lot of things about my game and work on scoring strategy. Nice way to spend a sunny, 85-degree Arizona afternoon.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › What type of course is best for you? 1 minute ago
- › Trouble with Driver 2 minutes ago
- › Dashcam catches off duty police officer out of control! 8 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Ryan772) 13 minutes ago
- › Swampy Woods - Hazard or Lost Ball? 20 minutes ago
- › Low punch cut 32 minutes ago
- › Lefty playing righty: Should I putt lefty or maybe cross-handed? 37 minutes ago
- › Shorts / Belt Question 47 minutes ago
- › Stand Bag 48 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Sassafrass) 49 minutes ago
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes