shot 72 yesterday on a par 69 course. was -1 thru 11. not bad for only playing twice in the last 6 months. my swing felt terrible, but i was hitting my irons pretty solid. driver and woods not so much...
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I have always enjoyed walking. Always feel much more connected to the round, feel like i can learn the course better etc. However, of late some lower back nerve problems have really slowed me down....
The Garmin G3 is a basic, but very solid GPS unit. This is a model that came out a few years ago and it certainly doesn't have some of the advanced features that its successors have added. But what...
I was very excited to get a chance to review the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoe. When I first checked them out on the Adidas website, I was intrigued by the Boost energy capsules, and I was...
Back in summer 2013, a Bridgestone ballfitting team visited my home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The pair offered us a chance to test our current ball vs. Bridgestone products, and...
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 566
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Yesterday a front 9 +6 with 4 pars but found water twice so it ran the score up. Just bad luck after hitting great shots from tricky lies. Last two times out I've hit the ball really good but it's resulted in missing greens long. Pretty sure it's just a combo of off season practice gains and the warmer temps.
Disclaimer: I know that schizophrenia is a horrible disorder and I am by no means demeaning nor making light of this disease, but only using the term as an adjective that best describes my round of golf.
Talk about a schizophrenic round. We have all had and heard of rounds where the wheels totally come off, but at the start of yesterday's round my wheels were nowhere to be found, but then suddenly popped ONTO my vehicle. Right at the turn. 48 front, 36 back. What a game this is...
shot 108 today @ Rhodes Ranch in Las Vegas :( 108 isn't too bad for me. It was my second time playing with the Adams A30S clubs. I'm liking them the more I play with them. Shaved about 7 strokes off my avg so far. currently using the HT superfast driver (12 degree, I think).way too much loft for me. Just purchased the Bridgestone J40 9.5 this evening for $80 in great condition, which means tomorrow will be a driving range session !
First 2 rounds using new irons on Monday and Tuesday.
Shot a 96.
What I learned.... I have gained a club in distance with new irons. Other than a 175 par 3 I hit fat and came up 5 yards short, I was long on almost every approach except the par 5's where I was 3/4 GIR (because I was within 100 yards and in).
Then the next day, I played 2 balls and didnt keep score. Didn't even pull my driver out. I hit 4iron off the tee. Just wanted to get distances on my irons.
Pretty happy with this round today. Played a lot of irons off the tee to keep it in play (Course basically has hazards all along both sides of every hole) but the fairways are really tight so you can get some decent roll. 17 was my favorite ... 4 iron, 6 iron to the back fringe, 20 foot putt straight into the heart. A couple stupid 3 putt bogeys, and hacked my way from a fairway bunker to another fairway bunker to a collection area on 15, which led to the double. Otherwise, I'm really pleased with the way I hit it today.
Yesterday I made a 90 for 33 Stableford points on a par 71 course. Bit pissed because I was driving very well and the course was in bad shape. On hole 1 made a tripple because my drive was best ever on that course and that hole. But a bad bounce made it go out of bounds
Only 1 GIR, so my approaches were as bad as possible. Need to work on my approaches. Even the short par 4 (275y) and only 90 yards for my second shot was not on the green.
Shot an 87 in my first round of the year earlier this week (and it's snowing on and off once again here in Western WI). Not up to my standards from last year score-wise. However, I felt my overall game (fairways, GIR, recovery shots) is at a better starting point, so the score doesn't bother me. Just really hard to putt when the greens are so deceptively slow.
Shot an "unofficial" 101 today (practice round, not carded for handicap). Went out solo after work, didn't get a chance to warm up beforehand, so I was +11 after the first three holes. Since I was the last one out on the course, I started playing 2-3 balls per hole, trying different course management approaches (aggressive vs. conservative), etc. and ended up having a very enjoyable and educational afternoon. I was catching up to the foursome ahead of me (guys playing from the tips who obviously had no business doing so), so I created some space by spending about 30 minutes around the 7th green practicing my short game from various lies, distances and angles - the most beautiful thing about having nobody else behind you! Despite the full swing inconsistencies that are still driving me crazy, it was a great opportunity to learn a lot of things about my game and work on scoring strategy. Nice way to spend a sunny, 85-degree Arizona afternoon.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce 51 seconds ago
- › Tiger Passing On Bay Hill, Still Dangling Masters Possibility 6 minutes ago
- › Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100 13 minutes ago
- › 7 WD's by 1/2 way thru Friday's round. Was only 6 when I started... 17 minutes ago
- › The Most Annoying Golf Partners 20 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 23 minutes ago
- › Downwind - Knocking the Ball Out of the Air 23 minutes ago
- › When do your hips start to turn. 24 minutes ago
- › Question on posting scores for handicaps 27 minutes ago
- › Augusta National Responds to Longer Driving Distances 41 minutes ago
- › Clicgear Model 3.5+ Push Cart by oregongolfguy
- › Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS by dkolo
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by k-troop
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes