First round out on my own after really practicing my swing for a month. 55 on a nine hole par 35 course. Played off the short tees which made the course 2382 yards. I found that I need to work on my putting and pitch/chip shots.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 11/24/14 at 1:56pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Great all-around ball - good length, checks-up on shots to green, and arguable helps with a straighter flight. Totally disagree with comment that ball is "too pricey" - [less than $2.00/ball...
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 568
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Went out today as a single - didn't keep score, but played about 3 balls and really focused on 100 yds and in, dropping balls from different distances in different lies just to work on different things. Hit the driver really poorly over the 9 holes. Lots of duck hooks, and when not a hook, it was a block to the right. After the round did some up and downs on the practice green and went 3 for 4 getting up and down. Hopefully I can keep it around 95 when I go out this saturday
I haven't been able to get my typical range sessions in so far this season and my score is showing it!
If I remember correctly, I hit 10 of 14 fairways, had 33 putts (+/-1), and hit only 8 of 18 greens in regulation. NOT my best work..
I ended up shooting 88 but I did take a few positives away from my round.
I have been struggling in my iron game as of late. My iron play has always been my strong point. However, I was overseas last summer and wasn't able to strike a golf ball until mid September.
In addition, I upgraded from my Titleist 755 forged irons to Taylormade Burner 2.0 irons.
Last season, I was able to get in 2 range sessions and about 5 rounds of golf before the temperatures dropped and the snow arrived. I felt good about my new irons and struck them solid at the end of last season.
My early season swing hasn't come around yet and it's causing major inconsistencies with my iron play. I have no confidence when i look down at the ball, with an iron in my hand.
The lack of confidence leads me to disliking: the bulky topline, the wide sole, the huge cavity protruding outward, the thin TM grip, my grip, my swing, my alignment, my trajectory, etc...
My dad always said "It's not the arrow, it's the Indian." and he's right!
I guess my out of shape muscles need some time.. Then slowly.. my swing will comeback, my ball striking will come back, my confidence will come back, and ultimately the scores will comeback!
I suppose, If none of us struggled, then we wouldn't feel as good when we achieve..
(38-40) 78, two birdies, one double, and a few bogies. Hit the ball nicely and had several nice sand shots but couldn't convert. Have to admit, this course isn't very penal for wayward shots off the tee and is relatively short (6,300).
43 last night. My scores are trending up, not sure why because the overall quality of my golf has improved. Last year I was pretty consistent, lot's of bogeys with some pars and birdies here and there. I'm hitting more FIR and GIR and I making par more frequently but there's a hole or two every time I'm out where the number gets high. Example last night 6 pars with a triple and two doubles. The penalties are the biggest factor and in most instances just odd and random. Not trying to force anything just really bad shots that come out of nowhere.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Slow players 18 minutes ago
- › Is Distance Really That Important for Amateurs? 47 minutes ago
- › How Would You Play This Hole (500 Yard Par Five)? 50 minutes ago
- › Private Membership 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Shoulder Turn & Balance 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Why Flaring Your Feet at Address Makes Golf Easier 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › Can't take soccer (football) seriously 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › explain this one 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › TST Call to Action - Create a Golfer in 2014! 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes