First round out on my own after really practicing my swing for a month. 55 on a nine hole par 35 course. Played off the short tees which made the course 2382 yards. I found that I need to work on my putting and pitch/chip shots.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Modern’ wedges bear a puzzling similarity to those dating all the way back to the 1950s, the ones Ben Hogan said should not be hit over 40 yards. (This from a man who was known to hit his driver...
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 568
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Went out today as a single - didn't keep score, but played about 3 balls and really focused on 100 yds and in, dropping balls from different distances in different lies just to work on different things. Hit the driver really poorly over the 9 holes. Lots of duck hooks, and when not a hook, it was a block to the right. After the round did some up and downs on the practice green and went 3 for 4 getting up and down. Hopefully I can keep it around 95 when I go out this saturday
I haven't been able to get my typical range sessions in so far this season and my score is showing it!
If I remember correctly, I hit 10 of 14 fairways, had 33 putts (+/-1), and hit only 8 of 18 greens in regulation. NOT my best work..
I ended up shooting 88 but I did take a few positives away from my round.
I have been struggling in my iron game as of late. My iron play has always been my strong point. However, I was overseas last summer and wasn't able to strike a golf ball until mid September.
In addition, I upgraded from my Titleist 755 forged irons to Taylormade Burner 2.0 irons.
Last season, I was able to get in 2 range sessions and about 5 rounds of golf before the temperatures dropped and the snow arrived. I felt good about my new irons and struck them solid at the end of last season.
My early season swing hasn't come around yet and it's causing major inconsistencies with my iron play. I have no confidence when i look down at the ball, with an iron in my hand.
The lack of confidence leads me to disliking: the bulky topline, the wide sole, the huge cavity protruding outward, the thin TM grip, my grip, my swing, my alignment, my trajectory, etc...
My dad always said "It's not the arrow, it's the Indian." and he's right!
I guess my out of shape muscles need some time.. Then slowly.. my swing will comeback, my ball striking will come back, my confidence will come back, and ultimately the scores will comeback!
I suppose, If none of us struggled, then we wouldn't feel as good when we achieve..
(38-40) 78, two birdies, one double, and a few bogies. Hit the ball nicely and had several nice sand shots but couldn't convert. Have to admit, this course isn't very penal for wayward shots off the tee and is relatively short (6,300).
43 last night. My scores are trending up, not sure why because the overall quality of my golf has improved. Last year I was pretty consistent, lot's of bogeys with some pars and birdies here and there. I'm hitting more FIR and GIR and I making par more frequently but there's a hole or two every time I'm out where the number gets high. Example last night 6 pars with a triple and two doubles. The penalties are the biggest factor and in most instances just odd and random. Not trying to force anything just really bad shots that come out of nowhere.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › John Daly taken to hospital after collapsing on golf course 9 minutes ago
- › Bubba Watson Bought a New Car 14 minutes ago
- › 2015 Barclays Discussion Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Predict Your Handicap One Year From Now 19 minutes ago
- › What are you Reading Right Now? 31 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 39 minutes ago
- › Water Hazard Bordered by an unfenced backyard 51 minutes ago
- › Match Play - what constitutes advice? 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Lost Ball Rule is Stupid 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › How much golf is "too much" for your wife? 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Ben Hogan Golf Men's TK1561TVS Sand Wedge, Right Hand, Steel,... by bmartin461
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes