First round out on my own after really practicing my swing for a month. 55 on a nine hole par 35 course. Played off the short tees which made the course 2382 yards. I found that I need to work on my putting and pitch/chip shots.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 568
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Went out today as a single - didn't keep score, but played about 3 balls and really focused on 100 yds and in, dropping balls from different distances in different lies just to work on different things. Hit the driver really poorly over the 9 holes. Lots of duck hooks, and when not a hook, it was a block to the right. After the round did some up and downs on the practice green and went 3 for 4 getting up and down. Hopefully I can keep it around 95 when I go out this saturday
I haven't been able to get my typical range sessions in so far this season and my score is showing it!
If I remember correctly, I hit 10 of 14 fairways, had 33 putts (+/-1), and hit only 8 of 18 greens in regulation. NOT my best work..
I ended up shooting 88 but I did take a few positives away from my round.
I have been struggling in my iron game as of late. My iron play has always been my strong point. However, I was overseas last summer and wasn't able to strike a golf ball until mid September.
In addition, I upgraded from my Titleist 755 forged irons to Taylormade Burner 2.0 irons.
Last season, I was able to get in 2 range sessions and about 5 rounds of golf before the temperatures dropped and the snow arrived. I felt good about my new irons and struck them solid at the end of last season.
My early season swing hasn't come around yet and it's causing major inconsistencies with my iron play. I have no confidence when i look down at the ball, with an iron in my hand.
The lack of confidence leads me to disliking: the bulky topline, the wide sole, the huge cavity protruding outward, the thin TM grip, my grip, my swing, my alignment, my trajectory, etc...
My dad always said "It's not the arrow, it's the Indian." and he's right!
I guess my out of shape muscles need some time.. Then slowly.. my swing will comeback, my ball striking will come back, my confidence will come back, and ultimately the scores will comeback!
I suppose, If none of us struggled, then we wouldn't feel as good when we achieve..
(38-40) 78, two birdies, one double, and a few bogies. Hit the ball nicely and had several nice sand shots but couldn't convert. Have to admit, this course isn't very penal for wayward shots off the tee and is relatively short (6,300).
43 last night. My scores are trending up, not sure why because the overall quality of my golf has improved. Last year I was pretty consistent, lot's of bogeys with some pars and birdies here and there. I'm hitting more FIR and GIR and I making par more frequently but there's a hole or two every time I'm out where the number gets high. Example last night 6 pars with a triple and two doubles. The penalties are the biggest factor and in most instances just odd and random. Not trying to force anything just really bad shots that come out of nowhere.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 2015 The Honda Classic Discussion Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Male Scratch Golfer on the LPGA Tour 1 minute ago
- › laser rangefinder question 1 minute ago
- › Big Break Palm Beaches Discussion Thread 25 minutes ago
- › What did you buy on your last trip to the golf store? 28 minutes ago
- › West palm beach golf shop? 38 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Jetfan1983) 43 minutes ago
- › getting taller at address 45 minutes ago
- › Rules for a new caddie to learn. 52 minutes ago
- › Back surgeries and golf 59 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes