I might be talking bout the weather here thougB-):-!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
If you are going there for a fun and short weekend round, you can usually finish up on 2 hours or less depending upon how many golfers are playing. My kids and I used to play this course once a...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 571
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot a 55 on the first 9 and decided to consider the 2nd nine practice. I can't seem to get my score down despite some really good shots. Today I hit two greens with my 5 iron at 165yds and came very close using woods off the fairway on two others. Did really well setting up on every dog legs regardless of which club I used. Yesterday my short irons were working well. I dropped the ball 2" from the hole with an 80yd approach wedge shot and it wasn't a surprise. It just felt good at that point of the round. I believe all aspects of my game are improving but just not on the same day. So any improvement is not showing up on my scorecard. I just have to put it all together - long, mid, short game and course management. Or I'm just full of #%$. Still enjoyable when I look back on the day.
I have a question - does anyone shoot better/worse when walking the course as opposed to riding a cart?
My first time out this year was about 3 weeks ago and i shot a 103. Didnt think it was too bad since it was the first time i played the course. The name of the course is Tom's Run for those of you from the western Pennsylvania area. Yesterday i shot a 105 at a local course (Chetremon). I had my first birdie of the year on the front nine and shot a 53. Then i started the back nine with par, par, bogey and thought i might be back in the 90's, but then i went 7,9,6 on the next three holes and finished with a 52 on the back. Im going out again tomorrow morning to the same course and hoping to improve on the 105 and get back in the 90's
Golf is so much more fun from the fairway ....
Finally broke 50 with a 47 on the back nine. No mulligans or rule infractions. I missed shooting under 100 because of a 55 on the front. Wedges - which were always the best part of my game - have been very spotty lately especially the high lobs.
Anyway, to most of you these scores are high but it was goal of mine. Picked up a lot of usable info from posts on this site. So thanks to the other members and staff.
Shot an 86 on Thursday. My God, the rough is brutal this time of year. If I missed a fairway by even a few feet it became an Easter egg hunt. I only missed four fairways but I doubled each one of them. Otherwise, I played great, but couldn't make any birdie putts. I had 4-5 legit chances.
Shot 89 today off the white tees at my local golf club.
Out - 43: 1 birdie, 2 pars, 4 bogeys, 2 double bogeys, 19 putts (2x1 putt, 4x2 putt, 3x3putt), 1xFIR, 1xGIR
In - 46: 2 pars, 3 bogeys, 4 double bogeys, 17 putts (2x1 putt, 6x2 putt, 1x3 putt), 0xFIR, 2xGIR
- Couldnt hit a bloody FIR even if it was right in front of me!
- Got the 7th birdie of my life today :)
- Matched my one put record today with 4 in total but more importantly kept instances of playing ping pong down to only 4 three putts!
- The real test will come on Monday when I get out for the bank holiday weekend competition. Id be happy with shooting high 90's or even low hundreds!
- Got some lovely photos of the sun setting this evening too :)
This winter has been an absolute hell in the Kansas City area. We just had snow again on May 2nd. (thursday) I played today and posted my first official round for handicap purposes and it was a brutal struggle. 73.2CR 141Slope.........84= (8.7diff)
The course was sloppy wet and the fairways were plugging. Most of my tee shots backed up and the course played like it was 6 miles long...LOL I hit 3-wood into 3 par 4s!!!!!!!! (parred 2 of them) I had 4 double bogeys and 3 were due to bad tee shots. The other was due to bad short game. I'm struggling with distance control on approaches. I'm hitting extra club into holes and coming up short. When I finally club extra to compensate, then I go long!! LOL The story of my day is coming up short on the front pins, and flying over the green at the back pins....(not a good combo) When I finally make a nice chip after missing a green, I miss the short par saving putts. I hit several crisp irons today, but the results were bad anyway due to distance control issues.
Overall....my game is pretty rough right now. I did make 2 birdies today, so at least there is a glimmer of hope.
Belmont Country Club
Best round of my life today. Could have been better. Had a GIR on 8 & 9 and 3 putted both, and sucked on 18. I'm totally stoked that I shot an 86, and even more stoked that I probably should have shot an 82.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Killing Endangered Animals for Sport? Good Idea? 1 minute ago
- › Swampy Woods - Hazard or Lost Ball? 4 minutes ago
- › What would Tiger Woods need to do to become #1 Greatest Golfer? 8 minutes ago
- › Low punch cut 8 minutes ago
- › 2015 Quicken Loans National Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Putting - the frustration 16 minutes ago
- › Tiger Woods and Chris Como spliting? 23 minutes ago
- › Who is your golf buddy? 24 minutes ago
- › The 2015 Newport Cup 27 minutes ago
- › Maintaining the Flying Wedge 27 minutes ago
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes