I might be talking bout the weather here thougB-):-!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 571
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot a 55 on the first 9 and decided to consider the 2nd nine practice. I can't seem to get my score down despite some really good shots. Today I hit two greens with my 5 iron at 165yds and came very close using woods off the fairway on two others. Did really well setting up on every dog legs regardless of which club I used. Yesterday my short irons were working well. I dropped the ball 2" from the hole with an 80yd approach wedge shot and it wasn't a surprise. It just felt good at that point of the round. I believe all aspects of my game are improving but just not on the same day. So any improvement is not showing up on my scorecard. I just have to put it all together - long, mid, short game and course management. Or I'm just full of #%$. Still enjoyable when I look back on the day.
I have a question - does anyone shoot better/worse when walking the course as opposed to riding a cart?
My first time out this year was about 3 weeks ago and i shot a 103. Didnt think it was too bad since it was the first time i played the course. The name of the course is Tom's Run for those of you from the western Pennsylvania area. Yesterday i shot a 105 at a local course (Chetremon). I had my first birdie of the year on the front nine and shot a 53. Then i started the back nine with par, par, bogey and thought i might be back in the 90's, but then i went 7,9,6 on the next three holes and finished with a 52 on the back. Im going out again tomorrow morning to the same course and hoping to improve on the 105 and get back in the 90's
Golf is so much more fun from the fairway ....
Finally broke 50 with a 47 on the back nine. No mulligans or rule infractions. I missed shooting under 100 because of a 55 on the front. Wedges - which were always the best part of my game - have been very spotty lately especially the high lobs.
Anyway, to most of you these scores are high but it was goal of mine. Picked up a lot of usable info from posts on this site. So thanks to the other members and staff.
Shot an 86 on Thursday. My God, the rough is brutal this time of year. If I missed a fairway by even a few feet it became an Easter egg hunt. I only missed four fairways but I doubled each one of them. Otherwise, I played great, but couldn't make any birdie putts. I had 4-5 legit chances.
Shot 89 today off the white tees at my local golf club.
Out - 43: 1 birdie, 2 pars, 4 bogeys, 2 double bogeys, 19 putts (2x1 putt, 4x2 putt, 3x3putt), 1xFIR, 1xGIR
In - 46: 2 pars, 3 bogeys, 4 double bogeys, 17 putts (2x1 putt, 6x2 putt, 1x3 putt), 0xFIR, 2xGIR
- Couldnt hit a bloody FIR even if it was right in front of me!
- Got the 7th birdie of my life today :)
- Matched my one put record today with 4 in total but more importantly kept instances of playing ping pong down to only 4 three putts!
- The real test will come on Monday when I get out for the bank holiday weekend competition. Id be happy with shooting high 90's or even low hundreds!
- Got some lovely photos of the sun setting this evening too :)
This winter has been an absolute hell in the Kansas City area. We just had snow again on May 2nd. (thursday) I played today and posted my first official round for handicap purposes and it was a brutal struggle. 73.2CR 141Slope.........84= (8.7diff)
The course was sloppy wet and the fairways were plugging. Most of my tee shots backed up and the course played like it was 6 miles long...LOL I hit 3-wood into 3 par 4s!!!!!!!! (parred 2 of them) I had 4 double bogeys and 3 were due to bad tee shots. The other was due to bad short game. I'm struggling with distance control on approaches. I'm hitting extra club into holes and coming up short. When I finally club extra to compensate, then I go long!! LOL The story of my day is coming up short on the front pins, and flying over the green at the back pins....(not a good combo) When I finally make a nice chip after missing a green, I miss the short par saving putts. I hit several crisp irons today, but the results were bad anyway due to distance control issues.
Overall....my game is pretty rough right now. I did make 2 birdies today, so at least there is a glimmer of hope.
Belmont Country Club
Best round of my life today. Could have been better. Had a GIR on 8 & 9 and 3 putted both, and sucked on 18. I'm totally stoked that I shot an 86, and even more stoked that I probably should have shot an 82.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 13 minutes ago
- › Vote on the 2015 Newport Cup Team Colors 17 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing 18 minutes ago
- › What if Iron Byron or some other Golf Robot hit all your long shots? 28 minutes ago
- › Wedge gap distances 36 minutes ago
- › Male Scratch Golfer on the LPGA Tour 55 minutes ago
- › Pinehurst in April 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Do you remember all of your shots in a round? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › The "Ball Under a Foot of Water" Challenge 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Topping short irons and hooking long irons .. arghhh!!! 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes