I might be talking bout the weather here thougB-):-!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
Was given a sleeve of these today from a friend and decided to use them instead of pro v1's or junk balls and they feel great. Felt about the same as pro v1's except for on the green. Only thing I...
I was given a pair of the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoes for the purpose of writing a review. My previous experience with golf shoes is a couple of pairs of FootJoys and a couple of pairs of...
I bought these when I was still playing baseball and considering getting back into golf. Had them for about 8 months and they were decent enough and they worked. After about 7 ish months though of...
There's probably not much I can say about this book that hasn't already been addressed in either these other reviews or the myriad forums on the website. With that said, let me offer some insights...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 571
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot a 55 on the first 9 and decided to consider the 2nd nine practice. I can't seem to get my score down despite some really good shots. Today I hit two greens with my 5 iron at 165yds and came very close using woods off the fairway on two others. Did really well setting up on every dog legs regardless of which club I used. Yesterday my short irons were working well. I dropped the ball 2" from the hole with an 80yd approach wedge shot and it wasn't a surprise. It just felt good at that point of the round. I believe all aspects of my game are improving but just not on the same day. So any improvement is not showing up on my scorecard. I just have to put it all together - long, mid, short game and course management. Or I'm just full of #%$. Still enjoyable when I look back on the day.
I have a question - does anyone shoot better/worse when walking the course as opposed to riding a cart?
My first time out this year was about 3 weeks ago and i shot a 103. Didnt think it was too bad since it was the first time i played the course. The name of the course is Tom's Run for those of you from the western Pennsylvania area. Yesterday i shot a 105 at a local course (Chetremon). I had my first birdie of the year on the front nine and shot a 53. Then i started the back nine with par, par, bogey and thought i might be back in the 90's, but then i went 7,9,6 on the next three holes and finished with a 52 on the back. Im going out again tomorrow morning to the same course and hoping to improve on the 105 and get back in the 90's
Golf is so much more fun from the fairway ....
Finally broke 50 with a 47 on the back nine. No mulligans or rule infractions. I missed shooting under 100 because of a 55 on the front. Wedges - which were always the best part of my game - have been very spotty lately especially the high lobs.
Anyway, to most of you these scores are high but it was goal of mine. Picked up a lot of usable info from posts on this site. So thanks to the other members and staff.
Shot an 86 on Thursday. My God, the rough is brutal this time of year. If I missed a fairway by even a few feet it became an Easter egg hunt. I only missed four fairways but I doubled each one of them. Otherwise, I played great, but couldn't make any birdie putts. I had 4-5 legit chances.
Shot 89 today off the white tees at my local golf club.
Out - 43: 1 birdie, 2 pars, 4 bogeys, 2 double bogeys, 19 putts (2x1 putt, 4x2 putt, 3x3putt), 1xFIR, 1xGIR
In - 46: 2 pars, 3 bogeys, 4 double bogeys, 17 putts (2x1 putt, 6x2 putt, 1x3 putt), 0xFIR, 2xGIR
- Couldnt hit a bloody FIR even if it was right in front of me!
- Got the 7th birdie of my life today :)
- Matched my one put record today with 4 in total but more importantly kept instances of playing ping pong down to only 4 three putts!
- The real test will come on Monday when I get out for the bank holiday weekend competition. Id be happy with shooting high 90's or even low hundreds!
- Got some lovely photos of the sun setting this evening too :)
This winter has been an absolute hell in the Kansas City area. We just had snow again on May 2nd. (thursday) I played today and posted my first official round for handicap purposes and it was a brutal struggle. 73.2CR 141Slope.........84= (8.7diff)
The course was sloppy wet and the fairways were plugging. Most of my tee shots backed up and the course played like it was 6 miles long...LOL I hit 3-wood into 3 par 4s!!!!!!!! (parred 2 of them) I had 4 double bogeys and 3 were due to bad tee shots. The other was due to bad short game. I'm struggling with distance control on approaches. I'm hitting extra club into holes and coming up short. When I finally club extra to compensate, then I go long!! LOL The story of my day is coming up short on the front pins, and flying over the green at the back pins....(not a good combo) When I finally make a nice chip after missing a green, I miss the short par saving putts. I hit several crisp irons today, but the results were bad anyway due to distance control issues.
Overall....my game is pretty rough right now. I did make 2 birdies today, so at least there is a glimmer of hope.
Belmont Country Club
Best round of my life today. Could have been better. Had a GIR on 8 & 9 and 3 putted both, and sucked on 18. I'm totally stoked that I shot an 86, and even more stoked that I probably should have shot an 82.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Too much Sharpie on the golf ball? 1 minute ago
- › Footwork 8 minutes ago
- › Game improvement irons or lessons? 12 minutes ago
- › 2015 Valero Texas Open Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Local news report/pr on Chambers Bay [video] 15 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 22 minutes ago
- › Cheyenne Woods - video of iron swing slow motion down the line 23 minutes ago
- › Rio's Olympic golf course in turmoil 27 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 27 minutes ago
- › What do you think of Mark Crossfield? 47 minutes ago
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Tgb02
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by meenman
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by cliffj
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes