99 in our ABCD best 3 ball tourney, we won by one stroke and my pars on a couple of the holes where I got 2 strokes made me a good part of the team this time
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 12/20/14 at 12:33pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
I bought this cart after deciding that paying $4 for the lousy pull cart rentals was a sucker's plan with the frequency of my playing golf and at $99, this cart made a ton of sense, financially....
I like to play in cooler weather. What I don't like it bulky outerwear that restricts my golf swing. I searched out a number of lighter weight tops for fall golf. I tried on Oakley, Adidas,...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 574
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
my regular playing partners and I played in a church fundraising scramble yesterday and came home with the win shooting a 60! Course was very soft and wet due to a weeks worth of good rain falling but still was playable. Oh, this was not one of those "buy a bunch of freebies" scrambles, either...so I feel good about it.
6400 yard white tees, par 71 (SSS71)
Monthly medal competition
Out - 52: 1 par, 5 bogies, 3 double bogies or worse, 16 putts (2x1 putt, 7x2 putts), 2 FIR, 1 GIR.
In - 57: 3 bogies, 6 double bogies or worse, 19 putts (8x2 putts, 1x3 putts), 3 FIR, 0 GIR.
- Back to earth with a crash after the two previous rounds being in the 80s thanks to four blow up holes that totalled 34 shots (+18)!!!!
- A positive, if you can find one, is that those four holes could have been far worse if it wasnt for my putting as each of the first shots on the greens were still at the very least 30 feet from the hole! As it was, each first putt on my four blow up holes were good enough to leave me with very short 2nd putts to tidy things up (all four were within 3 feet of the pin!).
- My putting was on fire! Only one three putt in this round is the lowest number of three putts Ive ever had.
- Apart from my putting another aspect of my game that I enjoyed was using my wedges. With rain over night the greens were nice and soft and I got a few balls to check up...and...spin back:)
- Until the blow up holes came along (three in a row on the back nine!) I was striking the ball quite well...but I guess thats golf isnt it. There is such a fine line between success and failure! :)
Broke 90 for the first time in quite a while. Shot an 89 with pine needles and pine nuts all over the greens! I posted last week that I want to:
Stay out of trouble
Get good at the short game
What dropped my score by 5 (in spite of the crap all over the greens from the winds) was that I did better at playing smarter and the short game. I didn't not stay out of trouble well though (lots of shots just off the fairway) and a couple of lies around the trees.
I hope to go out tomorrow and do even better! I'm most excited that I have brought the 3 wood back into the bag and am hitting it well now.
monday, first time out in the company league, New Albany Links, back nine,shot a 46 while 3-putting 6! Greens. Greens were fast already, and with a new putter I was blowing birdie putts 6-8 feet past the hole.
Ball striking was excellent tee to green so there is hope for the year. On the plus side, I'm still carrying the 14 hdcp I ended last year with, so the net 32 gave me an 8 shot win for the night.
Shot a 45 over 9 holes. Not overly happy about it. I was actually hitting the ball very well. Had a birdie on one of the par 5s and lipped out another birdie on a par 5. I had a couple of pars as well.
I had an 8 on a par 3 though :l there is always one inconsistent hole that I have. Hit 2 into the water and was angry. Next hole I birdied. Talk about inconsistent.
One thing that did make me mad was on a hole I pushed my par putt about 6 inches past. Clear gimmie range, no one said anything and me being the dumb guy I am, I walked up and stood completely sideways to not stand in the line of one of the others and missed the tap in. I rushed it and it was stupid.
Ended up 3 putting. For the first round it wasn't bad though gotta work on consistency!
46 from the front of a 7404y, 3740y on the front, rated 74.3/140, tough and long course. Honestly it was the greens that got me, inconsistent speed at best. GIR on #1 from 25f and a 4 putt. Really? Played par for the next 3 holes before 3 doubles in row, two were my fault, the other another bad green. Played the 7 and 8 bogey. Pissed me off on 8 because I hit a big drive and chunked a 98y wedge and then stuck it to 6f only to miss the putt. Again hung up in the shag carpet of the green. Anyway I played good. Lot's of opportunity from the elevated tees to counter the long holes. A great deal, $25 for 18 with gps cart twilight rate. Could have played on but I was starving, skipped lunch today.
Had a lot of fun getting back on the course, hope to play more again this year.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › My Swing (Bechambo) 18 minutes ago
- › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. 22 minutes ago
- › TST Fantasy Golf 2015 24 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Women 26 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 32 minutes ago
- › List your favorite piece of golf equipment! 35 minutes ago
- › Evolution of High Launch and Low Spin 48 minutes ago
- › The catch-all swing video editing thread - tips and techniques 49 minutes ago
- › The Films and Movies Thread 57 minutes ago
- › CMP Challenge #002 - Hit a 6-Iron Cross Handed 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes