Shot a 58. Well, okay, it took four of us in a scramble tournament at Tiffany Greens Golf Club. But 14 under par was good enough to win. It was a good day for the four of us in windy conditions.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 6/7/15 at 10:01am in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
So I was ordering some stuff online from Golfsmith and my order was a few dollars shy of qualifying for free shipping. Added a Snake Eyes leather glove to my order because it was cheap but still...
Bought this net from Walmart to make better use of my home practice time. The net was easy to assemble, disassemble, and stow away when not in use. The indoor stand was a bit flimsy and requires...
Yes, these are the grips that the most interesting golfer in the world uses on his clubs. While the Mechanic has aced a few holes with this grip in his hands, read on to see if these grips will fit...
For the last few years, I've worn the Next Belt, which is essentially identical to the Mission belt. Instead of the holes you find on a standard belt, the Mission belt uses a ratchet system. The...
Over the last few rounds I've been able to play the Snell My Tour golf ball, and at this point, I'd go so far as to say that it is my ball of choice. Even though I play right around a 9 handicap, I...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 577
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I'm happy about it though. My irons were inconsistent but I will improve.
Played up today and used only irons, longest is 6i, from gold tee's. Makes the course easier at 65.9/112, front 9 is 2950 from gold but not drastically different only 390 yds shorter than the tips. This course is short. Had to laugh, best score in several weeks 40 and that was with two lip outs, could/should have been a 38. Number 9 is a short par 5, from the gold more like a long par 4. Hit 6i twice and 62* wedge to kick in close. Made the birdie. Despite the low rating still better than my recent differentials. I'd do it more often but I'm certain my index would be artificially low. Wouldn't want to travel with it and play tougher courses when bets and strokes are the game.
I mention only because I got paired with duffers playing the tips. As usual the course destroyed them and I can say with certainty neither kept it under 55. Both hit driver on everything but the par 3's and not once was I not the last to hit approaching the green. One guy had the stones to make fun of me on the first tee. I hit 6i and 7i for GIR. He hit driver, a hybrid and two wedges to get to the green, # 1 is 410 from the back. I made par he tripled.
They were deflated by the 9th hole, asked what I shot and I revealed 40. They were playing 18 and were genuinely impressed by then. It was cool but not great or anything and I did have fun. Made me look better than I usually play. One kid asked for suggestions. Tee it forward was all I said. I don't think they liked it.
Shot a 91 (par 72, 69.5, 118). Very happy with the round, winds were steady 25-30kts with gusts near 50. Gotta love South Dakota some days! This is a sad thing to be happy about but after a long run of no birdies finally got a couple today, no more two putt pars!!! I've been plagued with horrific putting as of late.
75 on a par 70 course ( 13 pars 5 bogeys) pretty solid if you keep in mind there was a hard wind blowing all over the place.
came to this score by putting extremely well. think i holed 90% off the 10 feet putts some for par some for bogey.
best bogey i made was a 375 yard par 4 with a green with 4 bunkers. Straight forward hole but reasonable small fairway,
hole was playing into the wind and i hit a driver i hit a slight cut on it into the wind not a good idea it ended nearly
on the next fairway, i was in the rough with 165 to the green, but to get there i had to hit a high draw over some trees.
I hit a six iron but it didn't get i high enough to get it over the trees, it hit a branch and came straight down, still on the wrong
side off the fairway. only thing i could do from there was to put it in the bunker front right off the green. Bunker shot came to about 12 feet.
downhill strong left to right break. Holed the put dead center
yesterday's game was dreadful... 52 on 9. missed my par putt on hole 1 and that pretty much set the tone. easily could have saved 7 or 8 strokes had i not botched countless pitches and putts.
crushing it off the tee with my 3i, though -- second week in a row i've decided to play irons only (last week shot a 45 which had the potential to be a 41 -- again, pitches and putts). game is a lot more fun when you're not slicing and hooking every other drive!!
A couple of solid rounds this week. Yesterday ...
Sink a couple of makable putts, decide to lay-up on 7, and don't brainfart the drive OB on 10, or skull the PW over the green and into the water on 13, and that 78 is quite easily a 71 or 72. As is, still a good round for me, and I still know where the most improvement is to be made (driver and putter!!!)
Today, had a little fun on a pitch-n-putt ...
Still couldn't make any putts though.
Shot a 47 on the front 9 of a par 68 last night. The course is fairly short but is very old and has lots of mature trees lining the fairways. First cut of rough isn't bad but if you end up in the trees you're hosed. Two penalties off the tee, a stubbed chip shot and putting on several greens littered with winged elm seeds probably cost me 4-5 strokes. Only 3 FIRs (ended up in the first cut a lot) but had 5 GIRs.
Finally, regularly playing in the 90's. Look out 80's here I come!
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Bubba Watson Bought a New Car 9 minutes ago
- › Dayton, OH 10 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (July 2015) 12 minutes ago
- › So I'm sitting in my car with a buddy at 4am at Bethpage Black. 21 minutes ago
- › 2015 Greenbrier Classic Discussion Thread 23 minutes ago
- › How do you handle a group of jerks on the course without descending... 24 minutes ago
- › Tiger Woods Accused of Cheating With Amanda Dufner 25 minutes ago
- › The Films and Movies Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Playing Through 42 minutes ago
- › My Swing (shalabe) 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Snake Eyes Mens Leather Golf Glove by SavvySwede
- › Club Champ Multi-Sport Quik Net by SavvySwede
- › Lamkin Wrap-Tech Grip by Mr. Desmond
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by tristanhilton85
- › Snell Golf My Tour Ball by tristanhilton85
- › Sun Mountain Reflex Cart by Valleygolfer
- › Snell Golf Get Sum by newtogolf
- › ProAm by Morkin
- › PING G30 Driver by Mac62
- › Winn Dri-Tac Dark Gray Oversize Grip (+1/8 in.) by Mac62
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes