Shot a 58. Well, okay, it took four of us in a scramble tournament at Tiffany Greens Golf Club. But 14 under par was good enough to win. It was a good day for the four of us in windy conditions.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
If you are going there for a fun and short weekend round, you can usually finish up on 2 hours or less depending upon how many golfers are playing. My kids and I used to play this course once a...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 577
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I'm happy about it though. My irons were inconsistent but I will improve.
Played up today and used only irons, longest is 6i, from gold tee's. Makes the course easier at 65.9/112, front 9 is 2950 from gold but not drastically different only 390 yds shorter than the tips. This course is short. Had to laugh, best score in several weeks 40 and that was with two lip outs, could/should have been a 38. Number 9 is a short par 5, from the gold more like a long par 4. Hit 6i twice and 62* wedge to kick in close. Made the birdie. Despite the low rating still better than my recent differentials. I'd do it more often but I'm certain my index would be artificially low. Wouldn't want to travel with it and play tougher courses when bets and strokes are the game.
I mention only because I got paired with duffers playing the tips. As usual the course destroyed them and I can say with certainty neither kept it under 55. Both hit driver on everything but the par 3's and not once was I not the last to hit approaching the green. One guy had the stones to make fun of me on the first tee. I hit 6i and 7i for GIR. He hit driver, a hybrid and two wedges to get to the green, # 1 is 410 from the back. I made par he tripled.
They were deflated by the 9th hole, asked what I shot and I revealed 40. They were playing 18 and were genuinely impressed by then. It was cool but not great or anything and I did have fun. Made me look better than I usually play. One kid asked for suggestions. Tee it forward was all I said. I don't think they liked it.
Shot a 91 (par 72, 69.5, 118). Very happy with the round, winds were steady 25-30kts with gusts near 50. Gotta love South Dakota some days! This is a sad thing to be happy about but after a long run of no birdies finally got a couple today, no more two putt pars!!! I've been plagued with horrific putting as of late.
75 on a par 70 course ( 13 pars 5 bogeys) pretty solid if you keep in mind there was a hard wind blowing all over the place.
came to this score by putting extremely well. think i holed 90% off the 10 feet putts some for par some for bogey.
best bogey i made was a 375 yard par 4 with a green with 4 bunkers. Straight forward hole but reasonable small fairway,
hole was playing into the wind and i hit a driver i hit a slight cut on it into the wind not a good idea it ended nearly
on the next fairway, i was in the rough with 165 to the green, but to get there i had to hit a high draw over some trees.
I hit a six iron but it didn't get i high enough to get it over the trees, it hit a branch and came straight down, still on the wrong
side off the fairway. only thing i could do from there was to put it in the bunker front right off the green. Bunker shot came to about 12 feet.
downhill strong left to right break. Holed the put dead center
yesterday's game was dreadful... 52 on 9. missed my par putt on hole 1 and that pretty much set the tone. easily could have saved 7 or 8 strokes had i not botched countless pitches and putts.
crushing it off the tee with my 3i, though -- second week in a row i've decided to play irons only (last week shot a 45 which had the potential to be a 41 -- again, pitches and putts). game is a lot more fun when you're not slicing and hooking every other drive!!
A couple of solid rounds this week. Yesterday ...
Sink a couple of makable putts, decide to lay-up on 7, and don't brainfart the drive OB on 10, or skull the PW over the green and into the water on 13, and that 78 is quite easily a 71 or 72. As is, still a good round for me, and I still know where the most improvement is to be made (driver and putter!!!)
Today, had a little fun on a pitch-n-putt ...
Still couldn't make any putts though.
Shot a 47 on the front 9 of a par 68 last night. The course is fairly short but is very old and has lots of mature trees lining the fairways. First cut of rough isn't bad but if you end up in the trees you're hosed. Two penalties off the tee, a stubbed chip shot and putting on several greens littered with winged elm seeds probably cost me 4-5 strokes. Only 3 FIRs (ended up in the first cut a lot) but had 5 GIRs.
Finally, regularly playing in the 90's. Look out 80's here I come!
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › New Windows 10 - Discussions 2 seconds ago
- › 2015 Quicken Loans National Discussion Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Bogey Golfers Only (HI From 16-22)/Breaking 90 Thread 1 minute ago
- › How many balls did you lose today? 2 minutes ago
- › Tampa Bay 4 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015) 16 minutes ago
- › What year are these Callaway Big Bertha irons? 16 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 26 minutes ago
- › What are some nice courses to play in Southern California? 27 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Sassafrass) 43 minutes ago
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes