Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Today at 3:17 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 580
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
A deplorable 1 gir (although most misses were just a few yards off the green and in good spots)
11 total putts (one of my birdies was putting from a foot or two off the green)
After practicing with a short putter for 10 days or so, this was my first round without a belly putter in 5+ years. I holed 4 putts within the range of 8 to 15 feet and was very pleased. I'm sure that won't last long, but it's a confidence booster as I move forward with my standard-length putter...
Drove like a dog on the front nine and was struggling to make bogey. Got it together on the back and shot 4-over with a triple bogey (OB) and no birdies. Some really good up-and-downs. I finally got my money shot back (85-100 yard knockdown dart right at the pin), which helps when I am not driving the ball well and have to layup. Did it three times yesterday for kick-ins. Last four holes were routine pars and I took the money after falling woefully behind on the front.
I just wish I could play like that for 18 holes. Hasn't happened yet this season.
Bad putting day (19 putts over 9 holes) and I thought my score would be worse but I managed a 48 which is right around my norm, I thought I was at least 4-5 strokes higher but I counted twice and it was a 48. I'm starting to get pretty consistent, not good, but consistent which I guess is the first step. Mostly happy that I've learned to "stay in the game" and play golf instead of golf swing. The scores will come.
90 on my beloved Bethpage Red. 45 on both the front and back. I'm starting to get out of my slump. I went to the course with a real purpose this morning. Hit good crisp iron shots and it just came around. I actually flew 4 greens today hitting my normal clubs in. Not sure if that's how far my clubs actually go now that the wind and cold in NY seemed to FINALLY GO AWAY...or I'm just that powerful...LOL.
Now if only my short game was on target especially my sand game, that 90 could have been an 85 easily. This was my 1st step in getting back down to low 80s with a sprinkling of high 70s.
I just wish people would give more info with the scores. I like reading this thread, but..........
Saying....Hey, I shot XX means nothing without a CR. Without a course rating from the tees you played, it's just a meaningless number. I just assume it's a 5400yd course with a 65.5CR when it's not offered.......LOL Your score compared the course rating is what tells a story......
Was playing a strokeplay competition on my homecourse thursday. Front nine most difficult of the 36 holes course. Made two tripples (2 and 4) and a quadrupple on the fifth. Then hit my second ball on the next hole in the rough never to be found again and surrenderd . We play Stableford for handicap and I made 6 points on the front nine (18 would be playing my handicap). So I played 12 shots worse then the handicap on 9 holes.
Goal for the backnine was set to play better then the front nine, and I shot 44 (16 stableford). Still want to know courserating?
Next day I played a tourney on a course I never played before. Tight fairways, high rough and strong winds. Made 2 birdies, 88 strokes and second place (stableford competition 34 points). Its a 6.300y 71.5/135 course.
Did win two tickets to the KLM open to be held this year on the same course (European tour).
The course I played is an executive course it's in a private community I can't find the course rating on it I can tell you it's not very long at all being an executive course it's all par 3's and 4's but the damn greens are quite small. Most on here would probably blow through this course no problem and shoot low scores but for me getting going after 15 years it's fun to play and challenging enough with small greens and homes all around. I've been to the range once and played the nine holes and felt pretty good about my first time out on a course I've never seen with clubs I've only hit once on the range.
Well today turned out to be the day! I started playing last June and after 49 weeks I finally broke 100 and hit my first birdie in the same round. My goal had been to break 100 within a year.
Played the blues at Happy Valley Golf Course in Wilson NC, 68.1/119, 5807 yards. I knew it was going to be a good day when I birdied #1, again that was my first birdie ever! I started with 45 on the front and felt good going into the back. Started to get a little anxious toward the end of the round knowing I was so close to my goal and even 4-putted #17. Finished the round with a bogey and man did it feel good. Should of at least shot a 95 today so that feels really good like I am actually improving and getting respectable out there.
I keep a handicap on oobgolf.com and I'm now at 32.5. My goal now moves toward moving that handicap to 23 over the next 12 months. Consistent scoring in the mid 90's . I've got a long way to go but I know its going to be fun getting there!
First decent round in a bit over a month at my home course. Finished with a 96 (47/49.)
I was finally able to control my driver with 10/14 fairways and 2 just missing. Of course, I was also smart enough to tee off with a hybrid on a couple of holes with trouble on the left.
This left me zero shots off of tree roots today (which may be a first)
33 putts, 3 GIRs, 1 birdie and a ton of bogies
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015) 1 minute ago
- › My Swing (saevel25) 5 minutes ago
- › Playing Golf with Someone Carrying a Weapon 13 minutes ago
- › Is handicap really a measure of potential? 43 minutes ago
- › Croquet Golf? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Dan Jenkins On Tiger Beating "Nobodies" 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › trapping my 3 wood 2 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Lihu) 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Best Shot of the Week 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Going to range tonight ;-p 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest