Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
This is a very nice course designed in the 1900 time frame. One of my partners shared some history with us. The course was actually designed in 1890, but did not get built until 1900. They were...
The Vault I purchased this bag back in 2012 after I moved because I needed to ship my clubs over seas. I also needed the bag to travel back and forth with my clubs while making sure nothing...
ECCO WEBSITE Upper: Rich, textured leather with performance textile at heel and toe Hydromax® treated for water and stain resistances, keeping leather soft, supple and breathable Lining:...
I didn’t know what to expect when I got the Stable Stick. I’m not much of a photographer. My existing tripod is a hand-me-down, and when I started using it, I needed such hints as that my videos...
My first reaction when offered the chance to review a pair of Loudmouth golf pants was a dismissive chuckle and an assumption that the offer was directed at me as a joke. I've always been more of...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 581
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
74 on the unrated par 70 course I usually play. Hit the ball exceptionally well with the driver and fairway woods. Chipped very well for most of the round. Not very sharp with my irons which left me with longer birdie putts than I should have had, and I had a bad day of green reading. I only made two birdies and one of them was a two putt on a par five. Missed six birdie putts that I would normally expect to make most of the time.
My reads were consistently an inch or two off on the high side and I left a couple short. I hate leaving a putt short, and dying it at the hole is never my intention. Since I was rolling the ball well and hitting my line the only thing I can do about it is to hit it closer or get smarter. (Not sure which is more likely). Ha ha!
Even though they went to Bermuda grass greens last year I don't seem to be able to help but judge my breaks and speed based on all of the memories of putts on the same line when the greens were Bent grass.
Oh well, I had fun and it felt nice to at least hit some really good tee shots if nothing else.
My one and only swing thought for the day: Jason Dufner waggle. (Worked terrific for the driver, fair for the irons).
Saturday - an 80 in a local course I've never played. It was pretty much a swamp and had some hidden tricks that'll be easier to deal with the next time I play. medium frustrating, but hard to complain about the round. Lost my draw on the drive, just couldn't keep my club path under control.
Sunday - 75 on a very easy local course I take the wife to. Putted good, but had a hard time with the irons. Only one birdie. Lots of 1 putts to save par. great score but not great game. Retuned the driver at the range and had a lot of nice straight hits. Still recover the baby draw - need more range time.
general trend, not so many birdies lately, but saving par a lot more consistently - I think that's a good trend. More opportunities will present themselves and I'll learn to make more of them. Frustrated a lot at the short pitches and chips, kept leaving them short - soft conditions might have played in that.
In yesterday's stableford roll up I got 41 points, 23 of which were on the back nine. The guys I play with will soon be having a quiet chat with the handicap secretary I think
In my defense, I've recently sorted out a swing fault and I haven't yet played enough competitions for my handicap to equalise.
Shot 81. 43-38. Rating 71.7, Slope 134. I had not played in 9 months, so I was quite happy. I have come to realize that I do the paralysis by analysis. I went out there, with no expectations, and got out of my own way and posted a good score for me. ~10 handicap.
I am slowly starting to realize course management and mentally relaxing while out there are HUGE.
Shot my best round in 16 years today!!! Matched my personal best 77 (par 72) on my local course. Everything was going my way...a little luck kicked in on one par 5, I sliced it right into the trees but luckily it hit a trunk and bounced back out into the first cut. Its a 485 yard par 5...so I still managed to get on in 3 with a 2 putt for par.
I've already played more this year than I did in my last 2 seasons combined. 6 rounds in, and its not even summer yet! Playing in a 2 man best ball league with work, so getting free 9 hole rounds every two weeks...plus I'm playing once a week at my local course.
Played 18 last night by myself. Was a great night for golf in MN - Cool and hardly anyone on the course.
I posted my best round I've ever played! Went +2 (38) on the front and -2 (35) on the back for an even par round of 73! Finally starting to straighten out the driver on a more consistent basis.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › My Quest to Break 80 in a Year (July 2016) from a 22 Handicap 53 seconds ago
- › Delta, BA loses luggage - Lewis, Korda and Lincicome 2 minutes ago
- › Tamping down behind the ball on a tee box 4 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (July 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › The Drive for 5... 11 minutes ago
- › Looking for advice on a "progress plan" 13 minutes ago
- › Worst Shot of the Week 16 minutes ago
- › Golf Rules Quiz - How well can you do? 21 minutes ago
- › Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100 22 minutes ago
- › What Climate Wars Did To Science 30 minutes ago
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › adidas Men's Asym RH Energy Boost Golf Shoe, Running... by Club Rat
- › BrightSpot Solutions Spotless Swing Premium Multi-Use Golf Towel,... by Mr. Desmond
- › Snake Eyes Mens Leather Golf Glove by SavvySwede
- › Club Champ Multi-Sport Quik Net by SavvySwede
- › Lamkin Wrap-Tech Grip by Mr. Desmond
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes