Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 5/27/15 at 5:34pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Played here again last weekend. Just a great, rolling links course always in wonderful condition. If you ever get to south central PA, play this course.
*dozen came with my SkyTrak purchase. Played a full round with e6 today. Driving and iron shots were straighter then normal. Not as soft as some of the other premium balls. I'm testing about 5-6...
It's like having a Mercedes Benz that stalls at every stop light. Such beauty, all things wonderful....but that one annoying feature that drives you crazy. Ping makes great products. If you're...
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 581
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
74 on the unrated par 70 course I usually play. Hit the ball exceptionally well with the driver and fairway woods. Chipped very well for most of the round. Not very sharp with my irons which left me with longer birdie putts than I should have had, and I had a bad day of green reading. I only made two birdies and one of them was a two putt on a par five. Missed six birdie putts that I would normally expect to make most of the time.
My reads were consistently an inch or two off on the high side and I left a couple short. I hate leaving a putt short, and dying it at the hole is never my intention. Since I was rolling the ball well and hitting my line the only thing I can do about it is to hit it closer or get smarter. (Not sure which is more likely). Ha ha!
Even though they went to Bermuda grass greens last year I don't seem to be able to help but judge my breaks and speed based on all of the memories of putts on the same line when the greens were Bent grass.
Oh well, I had fun and it felt nice to at least hit some really good tee shots if nothing else.
My one and only swing thought for the day: Jason Dufner waggle. (Worked terrific for the driver, fair for the irons).
Saturday - an 80 in a local course I've never played. It was pretty much a swamp and had some hidden tricks that'll be easier to deal with the next time I play. medium frustrating, but hard to complain about the round. Lost my draw on the drive, just couldn't keep my club path under control.
Sunday - 75 on a very easy local course I take the wife to. Putted good, but had a hard time with the irons. Only one birdie. Lots of 1 putts to save par. great score but not great game. Retuned the driver at the range and had a lot of nice straight hits. Still recover the baby draw - need more range time.
general trend, not so many birdies lately, but saving par a lot more consistently - I think that's a good trend. More opportunities will present themselves and I'll learn to make more of them. Frustrated a lot at the short pitches and chips, kept leaving them short - soft conditions might have played in that.
In yesterday's stableford roll up I got 41 points, 23 of which were on the back nine. The guys I play with will soon be having a quiet chat with the handicap secretary I think
In my defense, I've recently sorted out a swing fault and I haven't yet played enough competitions for my handicap to equalise.
Shot 81. 43-38. Rating 71.7, Slope 134. I had not played in 9 months, so I was quite happy. I have come to realize that I do the paralysis by analysis. I went out there, with no expectations, and got out of my own way and posted a good score for me. ~10 handicap.
I am slowly starting to realize course management and mentally relaxing while out there are HUGE.
Shot my best round in 16 years today!!! Matched my personal best 77 (par 72) on my local course. Everything was going my way...a little luck kicked in on one par 5, I sliced it right into the trees but luckily it hit a trunk and bounced back out into the first cut. Its a 485 yard par 5...so I still managed to get on in 3 with a 2 putt for par.
I've already played more this year than I did in my last 2 seasons combined. 6 rounds in, and its not even summer yet! Playing in a 2 man best ball league with work, so getting free 9 hole rounds every two weeks...plus I'm playing once a week at my local course.
Played 18 last night by myself. Was a great night for golf in MN - Cool and hardly anyone on the course.
I posted my best round I've ever played! Went +2 (38) on the front and -2 (35) on the back for an even par round of 73! Finally starting to straighten out the driver on a more consistent basis.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Post Your GAME Golf Rounds 34 seconds ago
- › Suggestions for a new GPS unit? 1 minute ago
- › 7 minute tee time interval, really? Can weekend golfers in big... 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 Irish Open Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Questions for Shane Ryan about His Upcoming Book, Slaying The Tiger 11 minutes ago
- › RFKFREAK's journal about golf past, present, and future 18 minutes ago
- › NCAA Women's golf championships 19 minutes ago
- › Crazy Drill from Monte Gave me Tour Impact Position (video) 20 minutes ago
- › Anyone here play disc golf? 20 minutes ago
- › TST Explores STATE APPAREL 26 minutes ago
- › Royal Manchester Golf Links by atb5079
- › Bridgestone e6 by mcat12
- › PING Hoofer by Vinsk
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest