Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Modern’ wedges bear a puzzling similarity to those dating all the way back to the 1950s, the ones Ben Hogan said should not be hit over 40 yards. (This from a man who was known to hit his driver...
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 581
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
74 on the unrated par 70 course I usually play. Hit the ball exceptionally well with the driver and fairway woods. Chipped very well for most of the round. Not very sharp with my irons which left me with longer birdie putts than I should have had, and I had a bad day of green reading. I only made two birdies and one of them was a two putt on a par five. Missed six birdie putts that I would normally expect to make most of the time.
My reads were consistently an inch or two off on the high side and I left a couple short. I hate leaving a putt short, and dying it at the hole is never my intention. Since I was rolling the ball well and hitting my line the only thing I can do about it is to hit it closer or get smarter. (Not sure which is more likely). Ha ha!
Even though they went to Bermuda grass greens last year I don't seem to be able to help but judge my breaks and speed based on all of the memories of putts on the same line when the greens were Bent grass.
Oh well, I had fun and it felt nice to at least hit some really good tee shots if nothing else.
My one and only swing thought for the day: Jason Dufner waggle. (Worked terrific for the driver, fair for the irons).
Saturday - an 80 in a local course I've never played. It was pretty much a swamp and had some hidden tricks that'll be easier to deal with the next time I play. medium frustrating, but hard to complain about the round. Lost my draw on the drive, just couldn't keep my club path under control.
Sunday - 75 on a very easy local course I take the wife to. Putted good, but had a hard time with the irons. Only one birdie. Lots of 1 putts to save par. great score but not great game. Retuned the driver at the range and had a lot of nice straight hits. Still recover the baby draw - need more range time.
general trend, not so many birdies lately, but saving par a lot more consistently - I think that's a good trend. More opportunities will present themselves and I'll learn to make more of them. Frustrated a lot at the short pitches and chips, kept leaving them short - soft conditions might have played in that.
In yesterday's stableford roll up I got 41 points, 23 of which were on the back nine. The guys I play with will soon be having a quiet chat with the handicap secretary I think
In my defense, I've recently sorted out a swing fault and I haven't yet played enough competitions for my handicap to equalise.
Shot 81. 43-38. Rating 71.7, Slope 134. I had not played in 9 months, so I was quite happy. I have come to realize that I do the paralysis by analysis. I went out there, with no expectations, and got out of my own way and posted a good score for me. ~10 handicap.
I am slowly starting to realize course management and mentally relaxing while out there are HUGE.
Shot my best round in 16 years today!!! Matched my personal best 77 (par 72) on my local course. Everything was going my way...a little luck kicked in on one par 5, I sliced it right into the trees but luckily it hit a trunk and bounced back out into the first cut. Its a 485 yard par 5...so I still managed to get on in 3 with a 2 putt for par.
I've already played more this year than I did in my last 2 seasons combined. 6 rounds in, and its not even summer yet! Playing in a 2 man best ball league with work, so getting free 9 hole rounds every two weeks...plus I'm playing once a week at my local course.
Played 18 last night by myself. Was a great night for golf in MN - Cool and hardly anyone on the course.
I posted my best round I've ever played! Went +2 (38) on the front and -2 (35) on the back for an even par round of 73! Finally starting to straighten out the driver on a more consistent basis.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › My Swing (2ndtimegolfer) 32 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Soccer (Football) Thread 56 minutes ago
- › Shaft/Club advice 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Tour Pros: Draw v. Fade 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › My Swing (amoline) 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Bogey Golfers Only (HI From 16-22)/Breaking 90 Thread 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Lost Ball Rule is Stupid 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Every putt looks right to left - help! 2 hours ago
- › Match Play - what constitutes advice? 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Ben Hogan Golf Men's TK1561TVS Sand Wedge, Right Hand, Steel,... by bmartin461
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes