it wouldnt let me edit for some reason.... also found about a dozen (good) balls in a tall patch of grass near a fence while looking for my ball on 8... (which i found)
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 12/20/14 at 12:33pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
I bought this cart after deciding that paying $4 for the lousy pull cart rentals was a sucker's plan with the frequency of my playing golf and at $99, this cart made a ton of sense, financially....
I like to play in cooler weather. What I don't like it bulky outerwear that restricts my golf swing. I searched out a number of lighter weight tops for fall golf. I tried on Oakley, Adidas,...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 583
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
92 yesterday really want to get in the 80's more consistently.
Last week I played in a club tournament and had the good fortune (and honor) of playing with the club teaching pro. We tied for 3rd (field of 19 teams). I won $110. I was able to make some key shots/putts for the team. That made me feel respected and a better player than I am (mental game).
Last night, after a week of being sick, I went out and played 9 after dinner. I was only going to practice some chipping/putting but the course wad light so I thought "why not?"
Because I didn't have much energy I couldn't swing hard, I just accelerated modestly through the downswing, letting gravity do the work. BINGO! Longest drives ever. Driving greens in regulation again, nice draw in second shots (finishing my swing). Putting: no 3 putts!!!
After all these years I feel like since the tournament that I'm performing at a new level.
I discovered lately that I have a good short game, that golf played well is almost effortless (without tension), and that barriers can be broken.
It's not in a new driver, irons or putter (over 12 years old).,.it's in being and playing relaxed, letting gravity work in my swing, finishing with a quality (if slower than others) swing, working in harmony with what the course brings and treasuring each shot oppotunity.
Hi, I'm 7 Iron and I'm a golfer!
Played 18 at a 9 hole course I haven't been to before. Played the second shortest sets of tees (33.1/114) both times, yardage was 2616. First 9 I shot a 49 (+13) and second 9 was a 51 (+15). It's not a fantastic score, but I'm happy with it being that I'm usually 20 over.
Drives weren't too bad, which surprised me since that's usually where I have the most trouble. My short game wasn't good...I ended up with several 3 putts. My pitching also needs a lot of work. I could get the ball to the green, but I couldn't adapt to the greens being as fast as they were so the ball would roll off the other end.
I did have two moments I was fairly proud of, though. The first was on #9. My drive left me about 40 or 50 yards short of a water hazard, the 2nd shot left me in the tall rough, across the pond but only about 3 yards off the water. Next shot only went about 50 yards (leaving me ~120 out) but was in the middle of the fairway. The 4th was absolutely fantastic - I had pulled my 7 iron and drilled the ball straight onto the green, leaving me a 3 ft putt for par (my first par ever.) The second moment was pitching on #2, the second time through. I managed to hit the stick, leaving the ball about 3 inches from the hole.
I have a 30 day membership at this course, so I'm planning on playing as often as possible and seeing how much I improve in that time.
Got the opportunity to play in a Pro-Am at Castle Pines today. I really wish I could have gotten Ggiese to play with me, he being such a stick and all. But alas, I had to settle for a couple of inferior amateur partners that didn't quite have the work ethic of good ol' George. But we finished 7th in the team and I finished 11th in the Professional division out of 32 teams. So it was an OK day and a blast to play that fantastic venue.
50 in League play... my best ever. 68.9/124 6542
Could have been better... I started with a 3 putt, 4 putt and 2 holes later a 4 chip(!?!).
However I hit 4 out of 7 fairways and had shots on the misses.
I had Zero mis-hits which was a first. ( and exciting )
Before this year I had played 3 rounds in 4 years and not much before that.
Because of that I haven't tried hitting a longer iron then a 6 on the course and have been shooting for bogey golf.
I've been working on long irons a lot at the range and this week I'll use a 4 or 5 which will either give me more chances at pars/birdies or make my score go south again.
Castlegregory links, 9 hole track, par 68 for 18. 5600 yards. I shot a 76. 3/12 fairways, 8/18 greens, 29 putts. My old familiar over the top move is back with a vengeance, and everything was pulled way left. I lost a ball 35-40 yards offline taking a 5 iron off the tee !! So much for playing it safe off the tee. On the plus side, I annoyed the hell out of my partners by getting up and down from the unlikeliest of spots. Chipping was good, and the putter was finally behaving itself (apart from 3 putting 16 and 17 that is...) . Drilled a 7 iron to 3 feet on 18 to walk off with a 2 and a smile. If I can keep this kind of short game and putting, and sort my hip movement out at transition to get the clubpath back online, then I might even get the handicap going in the right direction again.
Shot my best round over 9 holes last night, +10 over 9 holes.
Considering I'm a handicap of 24 and the 9 included 2 doubles and a snowman (8) with high winds and fair bit of rain, really happy with that! Finally seeing some proper progression. Got a nice 15ft birdie on the 9th.
Really worked on my extension on the backswing and it helped a lot and I think that's why I've been slicing it!
p.s. I wish we had the sunny summers here in the UK
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here! 3 minutes ago
- › Still swinging: Indoor golf opportunities grow - The Journal News... 6 minutes ago
- › Post Your Warm Up Routine 11 minutes ago
- › Winter Depression Thread 12 minutes ago
- › From the uk?? I'm after some thoughts! 12 minutes ago
- › Do Not Use a Heavy Club or Weighted Donuts 12 minutes ago
- › Waterproof Bags - Any Suggestions/Experience? 46 minutes ago
- › My Swing (billchao) 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Pick the 2015 Major Champions 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › When is a green "clear?" 3 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes