Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Today at 8:12 am in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 584
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I'm going out tonight for 9 if the weather holds up. Besides a cold/sinus thing, I'm feeling pretty healthy, close to 100% for the first time in a while. Gonna try to have a good, safe round. Slow down my swing, and no hero shots. Hope to break my record 42 for 9. This summer I want a 9 in the 30's....that's the goal. If I don't have any terrible mishits and the putter is on, I know I can do it. I'll report back tonight with results!
+9 45, pretty bad night.
First hole caught a flier out of the rough, a 90 yard wedge went 125 yards, nicked a cart path and bounced up onto a tee box, had to punch under a tree and hope it bounces right, i caught the bunker, booo :p
Had a bit of trouble with the swing early, kept pulling the ball slightly, short game and putting cost me as well. But since +5 of that +9 came in the first two holes, it wasn't that half bad. By the 5th hole i was hitting some better push draws. Still got to work on creating depth with my hips and not my hands.
Shot 89. First round with my new G25 irons. Having an adjustment period with distance control. I did card SIX (3's) on my card including 2 birdies (obviously). Had a rough blowup hole where I took 3 penalty strokes and then 3 putted on a par 4 for a 9!
Oh, yeah, it was 106 degrees out there today too. Hoping for a better effort next time out. My next 6 rounds will be in NY while on vacation next week.
Terrible tonight. Drives sucked...and my God...the putting...19 putts in 9 holes. Terrible. These greens are awful, but still. Played from the tips and shot a 50. Ugh. The only good part was my sub 80 yard game.
Started out well, par on 1 (par 5), then quadrupled 2, par on 3, then it just sucked ass from there.
At one point I hit a 60 yarder to within a foot and a half. Missed the putt. How do I miss an 18" putt? Terrible. lol
On the bright side, not a single skull, topper, or fat shot in 9 holes. If my putting was normal, even with my penalty strokes and bad drives I would have shot mid 40's at least.
A quick nine after work (to practice up for tomorrow) and a 37 on a par 35.
Started out pretty good with a birdie on one, pars on two and three and a birdie on four. Then after pars on five and six I hit my tee shot OB on seven and made a double. Then had to lay up on the par five eighth after a poor tee shot but had a good chance from the middle of the fairway from 123 but I pulled my pitching wedge a little long and left and would have been no problem except it hit the cart path and went an extra 40 yards. Hit a good flop shot over a tree to 10 feet but missed the putt.
Good tee shot on the island green ninth leaving me with 70 yards but I got greedy with the pin on the right and missed right and it ended up against the collar (which hadn't been mowed) and my attempt at a putt only made it halfway to the hole and I missed the par putt. If I had it to do over again I would have bladed a wedge with that ball against the collar (no chance with the putter with the collar that high...stupid move).
Dad-in-law drove down today, so we decided to hit a 9 hole course for a while. Got through 13 holes in 3 and a half hours...and would of went faster if he'd stop looking 15 or 20 minutes for a lost ball. I shot 57 (+21) on the first 9, dad-in-law shot 54. We didn't keep track on the rest of it, took some time to work on my game a little bit. It was an enjoyable time.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Robert Allenby Claims He Was Kidnapped, Beaten, Robbed in Hawaii 44 seconds ago
- › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone interested in a tee that you don't have to stick in the ground 4 minutes ago
- › Who doesn't want to be a pro? 4 minutes ago
- › 2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open Discussion Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Adams A3os irons 14 minutes ago
- › 2015 PGA Show: Best New Products List 15 minutes ago
- › Holly Sonders MIA 21 minutes ago
- › Golf Celebrations 26 minutes ago
- › 2015 PGA Merchandise Show - Videos and Photos, Latest from Ben... 29 minutes ago
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes