Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
If you are going there for a fun and short weekend round, you can usually finish up on 2 hours or less depending upon how many golfers are playing. My kids and I used to play this course once a...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 584
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I'm going out tonight for 9 if the weather holds up. Besides a cold/sinus thing, I'm feeling pretty healthy, close to 100% for the first time in a while. Gonna try to have a good, safe round. Slow down my swing, and no hero shots. Hope to break my record 42 for 9. This summer I want a 9 in the 30's....that's the goal. If I don't have any terrible mishits and the putter is on, I know I can do it. I'll report back tonight with results!
+9 45, pretty bad night.
First hole caught a flier out of the rough, a 90 yard wedge went 125 yards, nicked a cart path and bounced up onto a tee box, had to punch under a tree and hope it bounces right, i caught the bunker, booo :p
Had a bit of trouble with the swing early, kept pulling the ball slightly, short game and putting cost me as well. But since +5 of that +9 came in the first two holes, it wasn't that half bad. By the 5th hole i was hitting some better push draws. Still got to work on creating depth with my hips and not my hands.
Shot 89. First round with my new G25 irons. Having an adjustment period with distance control. I did card SIX (3's) on my card including 2 birdies (obviously). Had a rough blowup hole where I took 3 penalty strokes and then 3 putted on a par 4 for a 9!
Oh, yeah, it was 106 degrees out there today too. Hoping for a better effort next time out. My next 6 rounds will be in NY while on vacation next week.
Terrible tonight. Drives sucked...and my God...the putting...19 putts in 9 holes. Terrible. These greens are awful, but still. Played from the tips and shot a 50. Ugh. The only good part was my sub 80 yard game.
Started out well, par on 1 (par 5), then quadrupled 2, par on 3, then it just sucked ass from there.
At one point I hit a 60 yarder to within a foot and a half. Missed the putt. How do I miss an 18" putt? Terrible. lol
On the bright side, not a single skull, topper, or fat shot in 9 holes. If my putting was normal, even with my penalty strokes and bad drives I would have shot mid 40's at least.
A quick nine after work (to practice up for tomorrow) and a 37 on a par 35.
Started out pretty good with a birdie on one, pars on two and three and a birdie on four. Then after pars on five and six I hit my tee shot OB on seven and made a double. Then had to lay up on the par five eighth after a poor tee shot but had a good chance from the middle of the fairway from 123 but I pulled my pitching wedge a little long and left and would have been no problem except it hit the cart path and went an extra 40 yards. Hit a good flop shot over a tree to 10 feet but missed the putt.
Good tee shot on the island green ninth leaving me with 70 yards but I got greedy with the pin on the right and missed right and it ended up against the collar (which hadn't been mowed) and my attempt at a putt only made it halfway to the hole and I missed the par putt. If I had it to do over again I would have bladed a wedge with that ball against the collar (no chance with the putter with the collar that high...stupid move).
Dad-in-law drove down today, so we decided to hit a 9 hole course for a while. Got through 13 holes in 3 and a half hours...and would of went faster if he'd stop looking 15 or 20 minutes for a lost ball. I shot 57 (+21) on the first 9, dad-in-law shot 54. We didn't keep track on the rest of it, took some time to work on my game a little bit. It was an enjoyable time.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 2015/2016 Schedule Released 1 minute ago
- › My Swing (Ryan772) 5 minutes ago
- › HELP!!! First club fitting since I was a kid 7 minutes ago
- › Donald Trump for president? 8 minutes ago
- › Multiple Infractions 9 minutes ago
- › 2015 Quicken Loans National Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Best Shot of the Week 15 minutes ago
- › Self driving car project 20 minutes ago
- › The Films and Movies Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Putting - the frustration 33 minutes ago
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes