Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 584
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I'm going out tonight for 9 if the weather holds up. Besides a cold/sinus thing, I'm feeling pretty healthy, close to 100% for the first time in a while. Gonna try to have a good, safe round. Slow down my swing, and no hero shots. Hope to break my record 42 for 9. This summer I want a 9 in the 30's....that's the goal. If I don't have any terrible mishits and the putter is on, I know I can do it. I'll report back tonight with results!
+9 45, pretty bad night.
First hole caught a flier out of the rough, a 90 yard wedge went 125 yards, nicked a cart path and bounced up onto a tee box, had to punch under a tree and hope it bounces right, i caught the bunker, booo :p
Had a bit of trouble with the swing early, kept pulling the ball slightly, short game and putting cost me as well. But since +5 of that +9 came in the first two holes, it wasn't that half bad. By the 5th hole i was hitting some better push draws. Still got to work on creating depth with my hips and not my hands.
Shot 89. First round with my new G25 irons. Having an adjustment period with distance control. I did card SIX (3's) on my card including 2 birdies (obviously). Had a rough blowup hole where I took 3 penalty strokes and then 3 putted on a par 4 for a 9!
Oh, yeah, it was 106 degrees out there today too. Hoping for a better effort next time out. My next 6 rounds will be in NY while on vacation next week.
Terrible tonight. Drives sucked...and my God...the putting...19 putts in 9 holes. Terrible. These greens are awful, but still. Played from the tips and shot a 50. Ugh. The only good part was my sub 80 yard game.
Started out well, par on 1 (par 5), then quadrupled 2, par on 3, then it just sucked ass from there.
At one point I hit a 60 yarder to within a foot and a half. Missed the putt. How do I miss an 18" putt? Terrible. lol
On the bright side, not a single skull, topper, or fat shot in 9 holes. If my putting was normal, even with my penalty strokes and bad drives I would have shot mid 40's at least.
A quick nine after work (to practice up for tomorrow) and a 37 on a par 35.
Started out pretty good with a birdie on one, pars on two and three and a birdie on four. Then after pars on five and six I hit my tee shot OB on seven and made a double. Then had to lay up on the par five eighth after a poor tee shot but had a good chance from the middle of the fairway from 123 but I pulled my pitching wedge a little long and left and would have been no problem except it hit the cart path and went an extra 40 yards. Hit a good flop shot over a tree to 10 feet but missed the putt.
Good tee shot on the island green ninth leaving me with 70 yards but I got greedy with the pin on the right and missed right and it ended up against the collar (which hadn't been mowed) and my attempt at a putt only made it halfway to the hole and I missed the par putt. If I had it to do over again I would have bladed a wedge with that ball against the collar (no chance with the putter with the collar that high...stupid move).
Dad-in-law drove down today, so we decided to hit a 9 hole course for a while. Got through 13 holes in 3 and a half hours...and would of went faster if he'd stop looking 15 or 20 minutes for a lost ball. I shot 57 (+21) on the first 9, dad-in-law shot 54. We didn't keep track on the rest of it, took some time to work on my game a little bit. It was an enjoyable time.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 14 seconds ago
- › Would You Leave Earth to Colonize Mars? 15 minutes ago
- › Dufner @ Honda less 20 lbs - Jason Dufner looks like a lean mean... 17 minutes ago
- › Pinehurst in April 32 minutes ago
- › Topping short irons and hooking long irons .. arghhh!!! 38 minutes ago
- › Male Scratch Golfer on the LPGA Tour 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Joost Luiten 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › KickX Tour Z Golf Balls - Now Widely Available 3 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Are you a hitter or a swinger? 3 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Comprehensive Camera for Filming your Golf Swing Thread 4 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes