Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
If you are going there for a fun and short weekend round, you can usually finish up on 2 hours or less depending upon how many golfers are playing. My kids and I used to play this course once a...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 588
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
So i'm on holiday at the moment in spain. Well a short holiday this is allready had 2 weeks Croatiä.
So my wife gave me green light to play golf when i want and as much i want.
Gotta love a wife like that.
With my family we own a house there, and normally if i go there i call my neighbor there to see if he's there also.
Called him he didn't have plans on going, but i explained what my wife said and he booked a ticket 10 mins later hehe.
He's a good player 3,2.
First we played Los Arqueros Golfclub ( absolutely brilliant course designed by Seve ) difficult but nice.
First time i played there i won a bet from my neighbor he saind i couldn't finish it between 80-89, i shot 83.
I'm on a roll lately so i had high expectations, did bring my golf set from home just plays better than my spain set off x14 irons.
Managed to play the course in the 70's for the first time, 78. holed a lot off putts. 3 birdies, 6 bogeys, 1 triple and 8 pars.
tomorrow we play La Cala and sunday we play Valderama. Would be nice to play my A game to Valdarama and see what i shoot.
Last time 95.
Went to the range Wednesday evening and had a very good session, and then played four holes one under par.
Played 18 yesterday afternoon and it was horrible. One birdie (lucky, 90 foot putt), three pars and 6 double bogeys. WTF? I actually drove the ball fairly well, but the course was playing hard and fast and ball kept going until it found some rough, which is brutal at my course right now. 91, Bummer of a round, as I thought I found something the day before and had something more like 80 in mind.
Doubled the first three holes before settling into a groove and only doubling one hole between #4 and #16. Unfortunately, I finished triple, double, double on the round. I'm struggling badly with the putter, and three-putted seven times. Every double was matched up with a three-putt, and the remaining three-putt was after hitting GIR.
Geez...I'm not even sure if I want to post rounds anymore. sheesh.. I made a career change and don't play as much....I'm playing a new course that is really hard and kicking my butt......and I am feeling golf-demoralized. I finally posted my 20th round of 2013 and my index is up to 4.5. During this stretch, my average score was 82.2. (73.2CR 141slope) It cracks me up that I can average that high, and still maintain an index in the 4s.
I guess that makes sense...I got to a zero HC averaging a 77, but averaging over 80 is a bitter pill to swallow...
Shot an 88, first time playing in 5 days. While that may not seem like a very long delay, I was getting pretty use to playing almost every other day. Also first time that I haven't had to tape my thumb since I cut it at work about 3 weeks ago.
Probably my best ball striking day I have had this year coupled with my worst putting performance, including what I believe to be my first 4 putt of the year.
78 (39/39) on a normal par 72 course - best of the year so far. I play this course well. The fairways were in Great shape.
I played alone, drove a cart, didn't mess around, hits were clean mostly. Took about 3 hours at the most.
Learned a little lesson.
Broke my driver on hole 4. Had to go with fairway woods off the tees for the rest of the round.
Fairways hit -
Driver (2 of 4) one fairway hit was on the one that broke - only 245 yards I lasered it as it felt great but looked short - it was for that feel of a hit. The head broke off as I put it in the bag.
Fairway woods (8 of 10) 7 of 9 with 3w, 1 of 1 with 5w.
80% >> 50%
Hmmmmm, I like hitting driver - but it worth the extra 25-35 yards I get over the 3w?
The only downside was I couldn't reach the par 5's in 2 now. the upside was I did hit them all GIR.
Maybe thoughtful play is a bigger reward than hitting the occasional big drive.
At least I can go get fitted for the right shaft on my driver now.
I shot a 44 on 9 holes, par was 29 though. I should have been at least 5 strokes better. I rushed myself because another golfer was behind me. Need to stop worrying so much about it. Can definitely see an improvement in my game. Last week I played two rounds and got 2 pars. Today I had 3. We'll see how Wednesday goes.
Coming off the best round of my life (83, even par after 9) at a pretty average course (69.1/120), I shot a 97 at the same course. Very demoralizing! Shot a 37,46 for my 83, then a 52,45 for the 97. Just couldn't hit fairways, couldn't putt, wasn't hitting greens with my short irons either. I lost 5 balls also, only lost 1 the round before. I suppose that's the way it goes right, your best round followed by something like this? Time to hit the range!
I played a course I've only played one other time. 6400 yards, par 71, rating 71.2, slope 125. I only got through 11 holes before the storm started. +2 through 11.
3-jacked the first green, but made some nice 20 footers for some pars. Stuffed a 7 iron from 160 to a foot from the hole for a bird.
Shot perhaps the worst round in my short time playing. As bad as the score was (119), my inability to hit any G.I.R. was just mind-numbing. Parring holes wasn't even on the radar. I had absolutely no control with my mid or long irons - none. No distance control, direction control, contact control. It was painful. I think my blood pressure is finally starting to come down as I type this. Lol.
Almost every time I've played this year - even when I've scored high, there were positive aspects to build on. I had been slowly inching my way towards breaking 100 (shot in the 40's a few times on 9). Today was a real kick in the nuts.
Oh well, back to the practice range tomorrow.
My poor opponent did not have a prayer, shooting a new personal low on our front 9 with a 45.
I was up 5 after 9 and alternated halving the hole and winning on the first 4 of the back. Closed out with a 94, with more beers than holes to finish out the round.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Thanks for having me 20 seconds ago
- › Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100 1 minute ago
- › Thanks for having me 4 minutes ago
- › A question for all you lower handicappers(12ish and below) 10 minutes ago
- › Bubba Watson Bought a New Car 14 minutes ago
- › Must Play Courses in the UK and Ireland? 26 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Women 29 minutes ago
- › Killing Endangered Animals for Sport? Good Idea? 37 minutes ago
- › What Climate Wars Did To Science 44 minutes ago
- › Does Anyone Know the Rules? 55 minutes ago
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes