Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I was very excited to get a chance to review the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoe. When I first checked them out on the Adidas website, I was intrigued by the Boost energy capsules, and I was...
Back in summer 2013, a Bridgestone ballfitting team visited my home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The pair offered us a chance to test our current ball vs. Bridgestone products, and...
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
I bought these when I was still playing baseball and considering getting back into golf. Had them for about 8 months and they were decent enough and they worked. After about 7 ish months though of...
There's probably not much I can say about this book that hasn't already been addressed in either these other reviews or the myriad forums on the website. With that said, let me offer some insights...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 592
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
81 and an 84
each round had a single legitimate chance for eagle (both were Par 5's putting for Eagle - driver then 3w to grren). the first was difficult - huge putt, not normally a green to reach in 2, but I had a huge tail wind (310 drive and 270 3w to a huge green) - yes,,,,3 putt. the other was only about 30 feet (fairly straight, but up a ridge to the hole and then not much run after) and had potential - right on line but just a foot short (35 foot putt) - D and 3w more to my usual distances.....
Still hunting. I want to be putting for my first eagle, not just hole out something from an approach shot. Seems to be a bit more deliberate and not just prone to the luck of day (so stuck with Par 5's- two on and good putt, or short par 4's where I nail the drive and a good putt).
only 3 birdies total for both rounds. I just couldn't convert the putting opportunities. BUT, I am giving myself opportunities at least....
anything with a headcover was just hitting fantastic (driver, fairway woods, and my new favorite club - my first hybrid 4h)
not so hot on the putter this weekend
super windy both days, battery on the range finder putzed out early on the first round - had to eyeball it. Difficult for approach shots, but seemed to do better just 'estimating' for any shot within 50 yards.
I thought I was a decent hitter for length ('good' drive is usually rollout to 285....) but I was taken to school by a young friend on Sunday. The kid could just hit monsters.....I am appropriately humbled
Edited by rehmwa - 7/1/13 at 2:48pm
First time ever breaking 40 for 9 holes! I'm a pretty casual player but man facing a 8ft putt and knowing i needed it to get 39 (3 over) for the front 9 was nerve wrecking.. made it curl in!
Probably was too high from that, and fell apart for 3-4 holes (double, triple, double, double), before picking it back up a bit.. but still shot 87 total which is pretty decent given my 20 cap..
but man, what a thrill for the front 9.. 3 bogeys and 6 straight pars.. so THAT's what golf should feel like huh.. ;)
Really solid day. Started out with a nearly topped drive, that's what i get for going to the car to the tee box in less than 10 minutes :p But i settled in nicely, and played really solid.
All but one of my golf balls started out straight or with push. So the path is getting better, remembering to flare my feat help, especially the front foot. That really locked in my knee from going back, and centered my swing nicely.
Best shot i hit on the day was a 9 iron from 162, i caught that thing so flush, but i over draw it by about 3 yards, and also it carried about 170. Man, was it so flush.
33 on a par 31 yesterday. It's an easy course, so not exactly a huge accomplishment, but my best 9 hole score to par. Started out with a double and then played the next 8 holes at even par. Had a nice little chip in birdie as well. Best part was that I only hit 4 GIR, and my scrambling % was 80%.
I'm going on a long (non-golf) vacation starting Thursday, so this is my last round for probably 3 weeks. Good way to start the lay off.
Belmont Country Club
Sucked again today, but at least I can blame it on something. I walked 18 while the rest of my foursome rode carts because it was 108 degrees. It was so hot and draining that I was hitting every club much shorter than I usually do. Didn't figure it out until hole 11. I will get it going now that I have nothing to distract me from golfing.
Shot a 94- 50 and 44. Started out without range balls because the range was closed when we teed off. I just got a couple of new hybrids and so took out my over-lofted 5 iron but still my iron play sucked. I'm driving the ball great (last week 12/14, this week 10/14 fairways) and have hit some of my longest drives ever over the last two rounds but when I get over an iron shot I'm just not sure where it's going to go and what flightpath it will take to get there. Made a couple of nice up and downs and a few good putts but my GIRs are really low because of the irons (0/4 on par 3s, 1/4 on par 5s, 2/10 on par 4s) so I'm having to depend too much on my wedges, which are suspect in their own right. Bogeys and doubles with one triple were the order of the day. I seem to have no trouble hitting my woods and hybrids but keep lifting up on my irons causing me to top the ball or hit it off of the toe. Iron practice at the range on Friday. Hope I can straighten this out.
Belmont Country Club
Shot the greatest round of my life today. Could have shot even better if you I don't 3 putt 10 and on 18 I was lying 2 100 yards out and bladed my GW into a greenside bunker and took 2 shots to get out of the sand. Every part of my game was going well. Can't wait until I have one of those rounds where I have no complaints. I guess if I ever do that then I will be under par. Today was my first day using my new Patriot grips, I'm sure it had something to do with it.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Trees Impeding on or Being In the Fairway 2 minutes ago
- › Painting a graphite shaft 3 minutes ago
- › Should you play tees/courses based soley from driver times 28? 3 minutes ago
- › Ball markers 6 minutes ago
- › 2015 Masters Discussion Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Keegan Bradley and Luke Donald get schooled at basketball by... 21 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 29 minutes ago
- › GolfDigest Editor Goes Undercover as a Cart Girl 39 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Robersk) 41 minutes ago
- › Range Only Shanks? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by k-troop
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by cliffj
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes