Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I was given a dozen of these balls to play and test out.. I have played these for over 6-7 rounds now and have shot some good scores for me (Mid-70-s). As such, I kept the same ball for a few...
First off I would like to thank The Sand Trap Staff along with Bridgestone Golf for the opportunity to test and write my review of the E-6 golf ball. Hopefully my review will enhance the...
I thought the book was well thought out. It dispels some long held myths about the golf game, but also shows you why they are myths instead of just telling you. It really takes game management...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 592
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
81 and an 84
each round had a single legitimate chance for eagle (both were Par 5's putting for Eagle - driver then 3w to grren). the first was difficult - huge putt, not normally a green to reach in 2, but I had a huge tail wind (310 drive and 270 3w to a huge green) - yes,,,,3 putt. the other was only about 30 feet (fairly straight, but up a ridge to the hole and then not much run after) and had potential - right on line but just a foot short (35 foot putt) - D and 3w more to my usual distances.....
Still hunting. I want to be putting for my first eagle, not just hole out something from an approach shot. Seems to be a bit more deliberate and not just prone to the luck of day (so stuck with Par 5's- two on and good putt, or short par 4's where I nail the drive and a good putt).
only 3 birdies total for both rounds. I just couldn't convert the putting opportunities. BUT, I am giving myself opportunities at least....
anything with a headcover was just hitting fantastic (driver, fairway woods, and my new favorite club - my first hybrid 4h)
not so hot on the putter this weekend
super windy both days, battery on the range finder putzed out early on the first round - had to eyeball it. Difficult for approach shots, but seemed to do better just 'estimating' for any shot within 50 yards.
I thought I was a decent hitter for length ('good' drive is usually rollout to 285....) but I was taken to school by a young friend on Sunday. The kid could just hit monsters.....I am appropriately humbled
Edited by rehmwa - 7/1/13 at 2:48pm
First time ever breaking 40 for 9 holes! I'm a pretty casual player but man facing a 8ft putt and knowing i needed it to get 39 (3 over) for the front 9 was nerve wrecking.. made it curl in!
Probably was too high from that, and fell apart for 3-4 holes (double, triple, double, double), before picking it back up a bit.. but still shot 87 total which is pretty decent given my 20 cap..
but man, what a thrill for the front 9.. 3 bogeys and 6 straight pars.. so THAT's what golf should feel like huh.. ;)
Really solid day. Started out with a nearly topped drive, that's what i get for going to the car to the tee box in less than 10 minutes :p But i settled in nicely, and played really solid.
All but one of my golf balls started out straight or with push. So the path is getting better, remembering to flare my feat help, especially the front foot. That really locked in my knee from going back, and centered my swing nicely.
Best shot i hit on the day was a 9 iron from 162, i caught that thing so flush, but i over draw it by about 3 yards, and also it carried about 170. Man, was it so flush.
33 on a par 31 yesterday. It's an easy course, so not exactly a huge accomplishment, but my best 9 hole score to par. Started out with a double and then played the next 8 holes at even par. Had a nice little chip in birdie as well. Best part was that I only hit 4 GIR, and my scrambling % was 80%.
I'm going on a long (non-golf) vacation starting Thursday, so this is my last round for probably 3 weeks. Good way to start the lay off.
Belmont Country Club
Sucked again today, but at least I can blame it on something. I walked 18 while the rest of my foursome rode carts because it was 108 degrees. It was so hot and draining that I was hitting every club much shorter than I usually do. Didn't figure it out until hole 11. I will get it going now that I have nothing to distract me from golfing.
Shot a 94- 50 and 44. Started out without range balls because the range was closed when we teed off. I just got a couple of new hybrids and so took out my over-lofted 5 iron but still my iron play sucked. I'm driving the ball great (last week 12/14, this week 10/14 fairways) and have hit some of my longest drives ever over the last two rounds but when I get over an iron shot I'm just not sure where it's going to go and what flightpath it will take to get there. Made a couple of nice up and downs and a few good putts but my GIRs are really low because of the irons (0/4 on par 3s, 1/4 on par 5s, 2/10 on par 4s) so I'm having to depend too much on my wedges, which are suspect in their own right. Bogeys and doubles with one triple were the order of the day. I seem to have no trouble hitting my woods and hybrids but keep lifting up on my irons causing me to top the ball or hit it off of the toe. Iron practice at the range on Friday. Hope I can straighten this out.
Belmont Country Club
Shot the greatest round of my life today. Could have shot even better if you I don't 3 putt 10 and on 18 I was lying 2 100 yards out and bladed my GW into a greenside bunker and took 2 shots to get out of the sand. Every part of my game was going well. Can't wait until I have one of those rounds where I have no complaints. I guess if I ever do that then I will be under par. Today was my first day using my new Patriot grips, I'm sure it had something to do with it.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Joost Luiten 2 minutes ago
- › Price of regripping 2 minutes ago
- › Royal St. George Votes to Allow Female Membership 3 minutes ago
- › How to deal with Nerves, proper mindset 5 minutes ago
- › Greg Norman Says Players Content with Top 20s over Wins 6 minutes ago
- › Joe vs pro 8 minutes ago
- › Prediction contest 2015 WGC - Cadillac. Win a glove signed by Joost... 12 minutes ago
- › The Golf Channel Amateur Tour 16 minutes ago
- › Removing distance stakes. 20 minutes ago
- › Meaning of the term "the player" 20 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by cliffj
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Club Rat
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by oregongolfguy
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes