Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Modern’ wedges bear a puzzling similarity to those dating all the way back to the 1950s, the ones Ben Hogan said should not be hit over 40 yards. (This from a man who was known to hit his driver...
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 592
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
81 and an 84
each round had a single legitimate chance for eagle (both were Par 5's putting for Eagle - driver then 3w to grren). the first was difficult - huge putt, not normally a green to reach in 2, but I had a huge tail wind (310 drive and 270 3w to a huge green) - yes,,,,3 putt. the other was only about 30 feet (fairly straight, but up a ridge to the hole and then not much run after) and had potential - right on line but just a foot short (35 foot putt) - D and 3w more to my usual distances.....
Still hunting. I want to be putting for my first eagle, not just hole out something from an approach shot. Seems to be a bit more deliberate and not just prone to the luck of day (so stuck with Par 5's- two on and good putt, or short par 4's where I nail the drive and a good putt).
only 3 birdies total for both rounds. I just couldn't convert the putting opportunities. BUT, I am giving myself opportunities at least....
anything with a headcover was just hitting fantastic (driver, fairway woods, and my new favorite club - my first hybrid 4h)
not so hot on the putter this weekend
super windy both days, battery on the range finder putzed out early on the first round - had to eyeball it. Difficult for approach shots, but seemed to do better just 'estimating' for any shot within 50 yards.
I thought I was a decent hitter for length ('good' drive is usually rollout to 285....) but I was taken to school by a young friend on Sunday. The kid could just hit monsters.....I am appropriately humbled
Edited by rehmwa - 7/1/13 at 2:48pm
First time ever breaking 40 for 9 holes! I'm a pretty casual player but man facing a 8ft putt and knowing i needed it to get 39 (3 over) for the front 9 was nerve wrecking.. made it curl in!
Probably was too high from that, and fell apart for 3-4 holes (double, triple, double, double), before picking it back up a bit.. but still shot 87 total which is pretty decent given my 20 cap..
but man, what a thrill for the front 9.. 3 bogeys and 6 straight pars.. so THAT's what golf should feel like huh.. ;)
Really solid day. Started out with a nearly topped drive, that's what i get for going to the car to the tee box in less than 10 minutes :p But i settled in nicely, and played really solid.
All but one of my golf balls started out straight or with push. So the path is getting better, remembering to flare my feat help, especially the front foot. That really locked in my knee from going back, and centered my swing nicely.
Best shot i hit on the day was a 9 iron from 162, i caught that thing so flush, but i over draw it by about 3 yards, and also it carried about 170. Man, was it so flush.
33 on a par 31 yesterday. It's an easy course, so not exactly a huge accomplishment, but my best 9 hole score to par. Started out with a double and then played the next 8 holes at even par. Had a nice little chip in birdie as well. Best part was that I only hit 4 GIR, and my scrambling % was 80%.
I'm going on a long (non-golf) vacation starting Thursday, so this is my last round for probably 3 weeks. Good way to start the lay off.
Belmont Country Club
Sucked again today, but at least I can blame it on something. I walked 18 while the rest of my foursome rode carts because it was 108 degrees. It was so hot and draining that I was hitting every club much shorter than I usually do. Didn't figure it out until hole 11. I will get it going now that I have nothing to distract me from golfing.
Shot a 94- 50 and 44. Started out without range balls because the range was closed when we teed off. I just got a couple of new hybrids and so took out my over-lofted 5 iron but still my iron play sucked. I'm driving the ball great (last week 12/14, this week 10/14 fairways) and have hit some of my longest drives ever over the last two rounds but when I get over an iron shot I'm just not sure where it's going to go and what flightpath it will take to get there. Made a couple of nice up and downs and a few good putts but my GIRs are really low because of the irons (0/4 on par 3s, 1/4 on par 5s, 2/10 on par 4s) so I'm having to depend too much on my wedges, which are suspect in their own right. Bogeys and doubles with one triple were the order of the day. I seem to have no trouble hitting my woods and hybrids but keep lifting up on my irons causing me to top the ball or hit it off of the toe. Iron practice at the range on Friday. Hope I can straighten this out.
Belmont Country Club
Shot the greatest round of my life today. Could have shot even better if you I don't 3 putt 10 and on 18 I was lying 2 100 yards out and bladed my GW into a greenside bunker and took 2 shots to get out of the sand. Every part of my game was going well. Can't wait until I have one of those rounds where I have no complaints. I guess if I ever do that then I will be under par. Today was my first day using my new Patriot grips, I'm sure it had something to do with it.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 2015 TST Erie/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Etc.. Outing Fri/Sat Sept. 18/19 2 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 3 minutes ago
- › Is the new research that Michael Breed has done on the short game... 10 minutes ago
- › Forum Profile Handicap Indices.... 13 minutes ago
- › Olde Stonewall in Elwood City PA 20 minutes ago
- › Donald Trump for president? 25 minutes ago
- › Opinions from club members 40 minutes ago
- › Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 42 minutes ago
- › Changing/cleaning your ball during a hole? 47 minutes ago
- › 2015 NFL Football Thread 48 minutes ago
- › Ben Hogan Golf Men's TK1561TVS Sand Wedge, Right Hand, Steel,... by bmartin461
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes