Shot a 97 (48--49) on a tougher course that I played from farther back tees than I normally play.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
If you are going there for a fun and short weekend round, you can usually finish up on 2 hours or less depending upon how many golfers are playing. My kids and I used to play this course once a...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 594
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I don't usually post this stuff but what the heck. Worked a 12hr shift today and it rained almost all day. The last hour of work it stopped raining so when I got off at 6 I headed to the course. It was empty so I started off. Got to #1 cold but it's a pretty easy hole and parred it. #2 is the toughest hole on the course and hooked a drive OB.....SOB.....Double bogey. I was 5 over after 6 and pretty much wrote off the round. Then chip in birdie on 7, birdie on 8 and 9 and had a 38 at the turn.
#10 is my hardest hole on the course and I parred it. That's rare but stuck a great iron from 170 out for easy 2 putt. I was even until 17 par 3. Dumped the tee shot about 15ft short and wrenched my back....damn. Really hard green with steep break. 2 putt for bogey....No big deal. 18th is a par 5 dog leg but I birdie it about 50% of the time. Not today. Back tightened up on 17 so I sliced my drive into trees. Punched out and was still 250 out. Ended up with a bogey for another 38.
I'll take a 76 for my lowest round of the season and best since my knee surgery 2 months ago. Of course I'll still bitch about being 5 over after 6 with stupid mistakes and bogey on 18 but overall it was in the zone. All in 1:45.......
77, on a par 72, 6400 yards rated 71. I had 4 bogies in a row on the back nine and then an eagle on 17. Other than my eagle chip in, my short game - both chipping and putting, took the day off. Gone. I hit my driver great. Straight as an arrow all day swinging smooth and getting 275 give or take 10 yards either way. Hit my full iron shots great too. My short game is usually the cornerstone of my game. Not today.
I have a 21.2 handicap now.. having been away for a few years from the game.
my all time best score was 87 (+15)..
Today after work, went out and shot 81.. (+9).. not even sure what happened or how i shaved 6 shots off my all time best and not even close to my handicap.. but that was fun.
first time at 81
first time back to back birdies..
man golf can be this much fun? :)
Well I play 4 rounds since last Saturday,to date its the most golf I have ever play In a week time. I started out Last Saturday morning at Jackson golf course, i shot a 82. It was a wonderful day. Sunday was a hot one here In the NW,muggy. I Play Bellevue Muni shot a 87, i had to bag the last two holes. I had heat exshaustion. I was I pretty bad shape. Wen play Jackson again, shot a 83 much better day. I got a round special on the 4th and shot a 84 at Bellevue.
Played River Bend Links in Tunica today from the white tees
Shot a 99 which I'm happy with being that its only the 3rd time I've ever broke 100. All 3 times have actually been out of my last 4 games so I'm feeling better about my game. Being that I'm running off about 11 hours of sleep in the last 3 nights due to the baby I was actually expecting a lot worse.
Belmont Country Club
Yesterday, I carded an 84 on the same course... It's amazing how one day you can stink up the course, and the next everything just seems so easy...
84 Sunday on an easy course 69.3/119. Really played better than that. If not for a shank that came out of nowhere and flew into a pond, leading to an unfortunate triple after what should have been a birdie opportunity it was a solid round. Really just two bad shots that ran the score up.
Shot a 93 up in Door County. Course rating only 65.8 but man the trees and rough made it very unforgiving. I lost 8 balls! I was hitting my irons a little bit right, I think it's because I used to have a draw, almost a hook really that I would compensate for, but the last few times on the range I corrected that, but then playing I still aimed right. I hope that's what it is anyways haha I also could have putted better. I only had 31 putts, but with only 22% GIR, I should be pitching/chipping much closer to the hole.
I shot a 99 this weekend, which was my first time to break 100. My previous best was 107, although that course was rated 70.1/129 compared to this course which was 67/112. This was also a 9-hole course that I played twice but was still par 72 when playing 18. Would you still calculate your handicap the same way for this even though it was a 9-hole course?
The bad thing is, I hit one stupid shot that cost me 2 strokes on the 15th, then my drive hit a fairway bunker on 17 that led to a triple bogey, and I hit the water on the par 3 18th which led to a triple bogey. If I had just gotten a bogey on those last two, and not been stupid on the 15th, I could have easily shot a 93.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Man Shoots Down Drone Plane 1 minute ago
- › Dashcam catches off duty police officer out of control! 5 minutes ago
- › Car Covered in Post-It Notes 5 minutes ago
- › Killing Endangered Animals for Sport? Good Idea? 6 minutes ago
- › Got Woods? 8 minutes ago
- › 2015 TST Erie/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Etc.. Outing Fri/Sat Sept. 18/19 9 minutes ago
- › Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100 13 minutes ago
- › Going to Orlando 18 minutes ago
- › What would Tiger Woods need to do to become #1 Greatest Golfer? 21 minutes ago
- › Drought in California 23 minutes ago
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes