Shot a 97 (48--49) on a tougher course that I played from farther back tees than I normally play.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I was given a dozen of these balls to play and test out.. I have played these for over 6-7 rounds now and have shot some good scores for me (Mid-70-s). As such, I kept the same ball for a few...
First off I would like to thank The Sand Trap Staff along with Bridgestone Golf for the opportunity to test and write my review of the E-6 golf ball. Hopefully my review will enhance the...
I thought the book was well thought out. It dispels some long held myths about the golf game, but also shows you why they are myths instead of just telling you. It really takes game management...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 594
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I don't usually post this stuff but what the heck. Worked a 12hr shift today and it rained almost all day. The last hour of work it stopped raining so when I got off at 6 I headed to the course. It was empty so I started off. Got to #1 cold but it's a pretty easy hole and parred it. #2 is the toughest hole on the course and hooked a drive OB.....SOB.....Double bogey. I was 5 over after 6 and pretty much wrote off the round. Then chip in birdie on 7, birdie on 8 and 9 and had a 38 at the turn.
#10 is my hardest hole on the course and I parred it. That's rare but stuck a great iron from 170 out for easy 2 putt. I was even until 17 par 3. Dumped the tee shot about 15ft short and wrenched my back....damn. Really hard green with steep break. 2 putt for bogey....No big deal. 18th is a par 5 dog leg but I birdie it about 50% of the time. Not today. Back tightened up on 17 so I sliced my drive into trees. Punched out and was still 250 out. Ended up with a bogey for another 38.
I'll take a 76 for my lowest round of the season and best since my knee surgery 2 months ago. Of course I'll still bitch about being 5 over after 6 with stupid mistakes and bogey on 18 but overall it was in the zone. All in 1:45.......
77, on a par 72, 6400 yards rated 71. I had 4 bogies in a row on the back nine and then an eagle on 17. Other than my eagle chip in, my short game - both chipping and putting, took the day off. Gone. I hit my driver great. Straight as an arrow all day swinging smooth and getting 275 give or take 10 yards either way. Hit my full iron shots great too. My short game is usually the cornerstone of my game. Not today.
I have a 21.2 handicap now.. having been away for a few years from the game.
my all time best score was 87 (+15)..
Today after work, went out and shot 81.. (+9).. not even sure what happened or how i shaved 6 shots off my all time best and not even close to my handicap.. but that was fun.
first time at 81
first time back to back birdies..
man golf can be this much fun? :)
Well I play 4 rounds since last Saturday,to date its the most golf I have ever play In a week time. I started out Last Saturday morning at Jackson golf course, i shot a 82. It was a wonderful day. Sunday was a hot one here In the NW,muggy. I Play Bellevue Muni shot a 87, i had to bag the last two holes. I had heat exshaustion. I was I pretty bad shape. Wen play Jackson again, shot a 83 much better day. I got a round special on the 4th and shot a 84 at Bellevue.
Played River Bend Links in Tunica today from the white tees
Shot a 99 which I'm happy with being that its only the 3rd time I've ever broke 100. All 3 times have actually been out of my last 4 games so I'm feeling better about my game. Being that I'm running off about 11 hours of sleep in the last 3 nights due to the baby I was actually expecting a lot worse.
Belmont Country Club
Yesterday, I carded an 84 on the same course... It's amazing how one day you can stink up the course, and the next everything just seems so easy...
84 Sunday on an easy course 69.3/119. Really played better than that. If not for a shank that came out of nowhere and flew into a pond, leading to an unfortunate triple after what should have been a birdie opportunity it was a solid round. Really just two bad shots that ran the score up.
Shot a 93 up in Door County. Course rating only 65.8 but man the trees and rough made it very unforgiving. I lost 8 balls! I was hitting my irons a little bit right, I think it's because I used to have a draw, almost a hook really that I would compensate for, but the last few times on the range I corrected that, but then playing I still aimed right. I hope that's what it is anyways haha I also could have putted better. I only had 31 putts, but with only 22% GIR, I should be pitching/chipping much closer to the hole.
I shot a 99 this weekend, which was my first time to break 100. My previous best was 107, although that course was rated 70.1/129 compared to this course which was 67/112. This was also a 9-hole course that I played twice but was still par 72 when playing 18. Would you still calculate your handicap the same way for this even though it was a 9-hole course?
The bad thing is, I hit one stupid shot that cost me 2 strokes on the 15th, then my drive hit a fairway bunker on 17 that led to a triple bogey, and I hit the water on the par 3 18th which led to a triple bogey. If I had just gotten a bogey on those last two, and not been stupid on the 15th, I could have easily shot a 93.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Sketchers commercials with Matt Kuchar 21 seconds ago
- › Trump: I'm still making money off golf industry 1 minute ago
- › Help me decide: Should I get new irons or an Edel putter first! 3 minutes ago
- › Apple's Awesome Thread (was 9/9 Event Thread) 13 minutes ago
- › Mis-hearing a concession 15 minutes ago
- › Male Scratch Golfer on the LPGA Tour 19 minutes ago
- › Automated Strike Zones MLB 25 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing 26 minutes ago
- › Harrison Ford Seriously Injured After Plane Crash at Golf Course 28 minutes ago
- › My Swing (GHIN0011458) 29 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by cliffj
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Club Rat
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by oregongolfguy
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes