Shot a 97 (48--49) on a tougher course that I played from farther back tees than I normally play.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
New this year from True Linkswear is the TRUE motion. Set at $119.95, it is a step up from last years TRUE vegas shoe. From True Linkswear: The Motion was inspired by the popular TRUE street...
This is a very solid belt. A little wider than what I normally wear for golf, but that's more a commentary on my lack of style, than on the belt itself. Nice supple leather that needs no...
River Forest CC is my home course. This is a shorter course but don't be fooled by the lack of length. The greens are small and the fairways are tight. The layout of the course is fair, but you...
In my opinion, they are an excellent grip for both players who use gloves and those who do not. I really like the feel of the "reduced taper" which gives my lower hand a positive feel. The top...
Bought 4 dozen of these when they on sale and I got a really good deal on the balls and I have used them this week playing 4 rounds. I really enjoyed using the ball and did not feel a huge...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 594
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I don't usually post this stuff but what the heck. Worked a 12hr shift today and it rained almost all day. The last hour of work it stopped raining so when I got off at 6 I headed to the course. It was empty so I started off. Got to #1 cold but it's a pretty easy hole and parred it. #2 is the toughest hole on the course and hooked a drive OB.....SOB.....Double bogey. I was 5 over after 6 and pretty much wrote off the round. Then chip in birdie on 7, birdie on 8 and 9 and had a 38 at the turn.
#10 is my hardest hole on the course and I parred it. That's rare but stuck a great iron from 170 out for easy 2 putt. I was even until 17 par 3. Dumped the tee shot about 15ft short and wrenched my back....damn. Really hard green with steep break. 2 putt for bogey....No big deal. 18th is a par 5 dog leg but I birdie it about 50% of the time. Not today. Back tightened up on 17 so I sliced my drive into trees. Punched out and was still 250 out. Ended up with a bogey for another 38.
I'll take a 76 for my lowest round of the season and best since my knee surgery 2 months ago. Of course I'll still bitch about being 5 over after 6 with stupid mistakes and bogey on 18 but overall it was in the zone. All in 1:45.......
77, on a par 72, 6400 yards rated 71. I had 4 bogies in a row on the back nine and then an eagle on 17. Other than my eagle chip in, my short game - both chipping and putting, took the day off. Gone. I hit my driver great. Straight as an arrow all day swinging smooth and getting 275 give or take 10 yards either way. Hit my full iron shots great too. My short game is usually the cornerstone of my game. Not today.
I have a 21.2 handicap now.. having been away for a few years from the game.
my all time best score was 87 (+15)..
Today after work, went out and shot 81.. (+9).. not even sure what happened or how i shaved 6 shots off my all time best and not even close to my handicap.. but that was fun.
first time at 81
first time back to back birdies..
man golf can be this much fun? :)
Well I play 4 rounds since last Saturday,to date its the most golf I have ever play In a week time. I started out Last Saturday morning at Jackson golf course, i shot a 82. It was a wonderful day. Sunday was a hot one here In the NW,muggy. I Play Bellevue Muni shot a 87, i had to bag the last two holes. I had heat exshaustion. I was I pretty bad shape. Wen play Jackson again, shot a 83 much better day. I got a round special on the 4th and shot a 84 at Bellevue.
Played River Bend Links in Tunica today from the white tees
Shot a 99 which I'm happy with being that its only the 3rd time I've ever broke 100. All 3 times have actually been out of my last 4 games so I'm feeling better about my game. Being that I'm running off about 11 hours of sleep in the last 3 nights due to the baby I was actually expecting a lot worse.
Belmont Country Club
Yesterday, I carded an 84 on the same course... It's amazing how one day you can stink up the course, and the next everything just seems so easy...
84 Sunday on an easy course 69.3/119. Really played better than that. If not for a shank that came out of nowhere and flew into a pond, leading to an unfortunate triple after what should have been a birdie opportunity it was a solid round. Really just two bad shots that ran the score up.
Shot a 93 up in Door County. Course rating only 65.8 but man the trees and rough made it very unforgiving. I lost 8 balls! I was hitting my irons a little bit right, I think it's because I used to have a draw, almost a hook really that I would compensate for, but the last few times on the range I corrected that, but then playing I still aimed right. I hope that's what it is anyways haha I also could have putted better. I only had 31 putts, but with only 22% GIR, I should be pitching/chipping much closer to the hole.
I shot a 99 this weekend, which was my first time to break 100. My previous best was 107, although that course was rated 70.1/129 compared to this course which was 67/112. This was also a 9-hole course that I played twice but was still par 72 when playing 18. Would you still calculate your handicap the same way for this even though it was a 9-hole course?
The bad thing is, I hit one stupid shot that cost me 2 strokes on the 15th, then my drive hit a fairway bunker on 17 that led to a triple bogey, and I hit the water on the par 3 18th which led to a triple bogey. If I had just gotten a bogey on those last two, and not been stupid on the 15th, I could have easily shot a 93.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › Quit or continue (based on time and skill...) 4 minutes ago
- › Article on Low T as we age 17 minutes ago
- › Forward Press to Start Swing 24 minutes ago
- › TST Investigates GAME Golf 25 minutes ago
- › After a 2 Year Break: Playing like a Complete Beginner 27 minutes ago
- › My Swing (billchao) 37 minutes ago
- › A tour event played with the old equipment 50 minutes ago
- › Newbie 52 minutes ago
- › What to aim for when.... 53 minutes ago
- › numbers on the sole of clubs 57 minutes ago
- › True Linkswear TRUE motion by boogielicious
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by David in FL
- › Freeport, PA by dfreuter415
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by Club Rat
- › Srixon Z-Star XV by Tgb02
- › Talon Golf Glove by Jakester23
- › Cobra Men's Bio Cell Driver by Uncle Peter
- › George Wright Golf Course by Back 9 Bandit
- › PING Glide Wedges by Golfingdad
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Shindig
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest