Had a great round yesterday. Not so great this morning. Played nine, hit 6 of 9 greens and shot...42. Ouch. Two three putts and a blow up hole. I need a putting intervention.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Today at 5:34 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
*dozen came with my SkyTrak purchase. Played a full round with e6 today. Driving and iron shots were straighter then normal. Not as soft as some of the other premium balls. I'm testing about 5-6...
It's like having a Mercedes Benz that stalls at every stop light. Such beauty, all things wonderful....but that one annoying feature that drives you crazy. Ping makes great products. If you're...
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 595
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Belmont Country Club
Hot and muggy today. Was planning on playing 18 but I was walking the course and it just got too much. Started getting into trouble off of the tee again.
42, back 9 70.1/127 and it was the best golf I've EVER played. Problem, the wind was gusting 20-30 mph and it made putting hell. I hit 83% FIR and 55% GIR, GIR is low because a few rolled on to the fringe, twice on par 3's and on one I made a sandie out of a bunker 40 yds from the flag. But the wind was very difficult to putt in, 3 putted 3 times from less than 7 feet and all were birdie attempts. 21 putts in all, half my strokes were putts. I average 1.8 per 18 through 2012-2013 and I am never as close to the hole as I was today. Bummed and excited at the same time, game is improving.
Played ok tonight. Shot a 48. Only hit 2 fairways, but most of my misses were just barely in the rough. Also managed to hit 3 greens, which is high for me. My 7 iron was absolute money.
I could have easy scored in the low 40s, but my driver is in the shop, so my distance off the tee suffered, and the greens were overgrown and soaking wet (Has rained here 16 days straight until today). Also got unlucky on a par 3, hit the cart path just over the green and rocketed way OB.
A little proof of the terrible greens...this wasn't a lob wedge, it was my 7 iron from 166 yards:
+6, 78. Short game struggles. had 5 easy straight forward up & downs from just off the greens that I ran the chips by 4 or 5 feet and missed the putt coming back. That's usually money in the bank for me. That's 2 rounds in a row...not sure what's going on. Need to hit the practice green.
43 on a par 37 (included 4 penalties or a 39 would have been very good for me on this course). Lots of trouble, but I was scrambling well. Great approach shots, hit well from the fairway. Driving and putting, not so much.
Couldn't seem to get my draw on my driver back at all.
Only 2 fairways hit
Only 4 GIR or better
But I did have one legitimate eagle opportunity. Tough putt, which I completely left short. Still hunting.
Belmont Country Club
First time in my life I had 2 birdies in 1 round.
Shot 49/46 for a 95 at Forest Hills in Heath. 9 hole played twice 68.7/119 , course was soft, greens were dry & slow. I had two shots that I have never seen before, divot left of target, ball way right of target? First round in eight days...I however got to witness a dad with his wife and kids, launch like 7 tee shots OB on the first tee...I have been there, i could feel his frustration. The OB line is 30 yds right of the fairway all the way. Hey above poster! I live 10 miles from Longaberger GC !...
First round today.
Belmont Country Club
Second round today, same score as the morning round. Played 36 holes in 8 hours with a breakfast break in the middle.
Belmont Country Club
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › My swing (Huddo) 6 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 NBA Season 8 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015) 17 minutes ago
- › Spieth v McIlroy - The Millenials' Tiger v Phil? 22 minutes ago
- › Advice I Hate: "Release the Club" 25 minutes ago
- › Forged irons for 18 handicap? 36 minutes ago
- › Nike is Releasing Vapor Speed Driver with Tiger's Specs 41 minutes ago
- › Playing Golf with Someone Carrying a Weapon 42 minutes ago
- › Best Sunglasses for vision enhancement on the course 46 minutes ago
- › Rules incident in Des Moines 58 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone e6 by mcat12
- › PING Hoofer by Vinsk
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest