Had a great round yesterday. Not so great this morning. Played nine, hit 6 of 9 greens and shot...42. Ouch. Two three putts and a blow up hole. I need a putting intervention.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 12/20/14 at 12:33pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
I bought this cart after deciding that paying $4 for the lousy pull cart rentals was a sucker's plan with the frequency of my playing golf and at $99, this cart made a ton of sense, financially....
I like to play in cooler weather. What I don't like it bulky outerwear that restricts my golf swing. I searched out a number of lighter weight tops for fall golf. I tried on Oakley, Adidas,...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 595
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Belmont Country Club
Hot and muggy today. Was planning on playing 18 but I was walking the course and it just got too much. Started getting into trouble off of the tee again.
42, back 9 70.1/127 and it was the best golf I've EVER played. Problem, the wind was gusting 20-30 mph and it made putting hell. I hit 83% FIR and 55% GIR, GIR is low because a few rolled on to the fringe, twice on par 3's and on one I made a sandie out of a bunker 40 yds from the flag. But the wind was very difficult to putt in, 3 putted 3 times from less than 7 feet and all were birdie attempts. 21 putts in all, half my strokes were putts. I average 1.8 per 18 through 2012-2013 and I am never as close to the hole as I was today. Bummed and excited at the same time, game is improving.
Played ok tonight. Shot a 48. Only hit 2 fairways, but most of my misses were just barely in the rough. Also managed to hit 3 greens, which is high for me. My 7 iron was absolute money.
I could have easy scored in the low 40s, but my driver is in the shop, so my distance off the tee suffered, and the greens were overgrown and soaking wet (Has rained here 16 days straight until today). Also got unlucky on a par 3, hit the cart path just over the green and rocketed way OB.
A little proof of the terrible greens...this wasn't a lob wedge, it was my 7 iron from 166 yards:
+6, 78. Short game struggles. had 5 easy straight forward up & downs from just off the greens that I ran the chips by 4 or 5 feet and missed the putt coming back. That's usually money in the bank for me. That's 2 rounds in a row...not sure what's going on. Need to hit the practice green.
43 on a par 37 (included 4 penalties or a 39 would have been very good for me on this course). Lots of trouble, but I was scrambling well. Great approach shots, hit well from the fairway. Driving and putting, not so much.
Couldn't seem to get my draw on my driver back at all.
Only 2 fairways hit
Only 4 GIR or better
But I did have one legitimate eagle opportunity. Tough putt, which I completely left short. Still hunting.
Belmont Country Club
First time in my life I had 2 birdies in 1 round.
Shot 49/46 for a 95 at Forest Hills in Heath. 9 hole played twice 68.7/119 , course was soft, greens were dry & slow. I had two shots that I have never seen before, divot left of target, ball way right of target? First round in eight days...I however got to witness a dad with his wife and kids, launch like 7 tee shots OB on the first tee...I have been there, i could feel his frustration. The OB line is 30 yds right of the fairway all the way. Hey above poster! I live 10 miles from Longaberger GC !...
First round today.
Belmont Country Club
Second round today, same score as the morning round. Played 36 holes in 8 hours with a breakfast break in the middle.
Belmont Country Club
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › KBS Tour vs. Dynamic Gold 1 minute ago
- › What are you listening to? 12 minutes ago
- › The catch-all swing video editing thread - tips and techniques 19 minutes ago
- › Monty: Rory better than Woods ever was 20 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Women 27 minutes ago
- › My Swing (golfrocks) 32 minutes ago
- › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. 34 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Bechambo) 55 minutes ago
- › TST Fantasy Golf 2015 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes