Had a great round yesterday. Not so great this morning. Played nine, hit 6 of 9 greens and shot...42. Ouch. Two three putts and a blow up hole. I need a putting intervention.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
After purchasing and being very disappointed with the Taylormade RSI 2 irons, I needed to find an iron set that fit me well and that went along well with my rapidly improving game. I've found this...
Modern’ wedges bear a puzzling similarity to those dating all the way back to the 1950s, the ones Ben Hogan said should not be hit over 40 yards. (This from a man who was known to hit his driver...
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 595
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Belmont Country Club
Hot and muggy today. Was planning on playing 18 but I was walking the course and it just got too much. Started getting into trouble off of the tee again.
42, back 9 70.1/127 and it was the best golf I've EVER played. Problem, the wind was gusting 20-30 mph and it made putting hell. I hit 83% FIR and 55% GIR, GIR is low because a few rolled on to the fringe, twice on par 3's and on one I made a sandie out of a bunker 40 yds from the flag. But the wind was very difficult to putt in, 3 putted 3 times from less than 7 feet and all were birdie attempts. 21 putts in all, half my strokes were putts. I average 1.8 per 18 through 2012-2013 and I am never as close to the hole as I was today. Bummed and excited at the same time, game is improving.
Played ok tonight. Shot a 48. Only hit 2 fairways, but most of my misses were just barely in the rough. Also managed to hit 3 greens, which is high for me. My 7 iron was absolute money.
I could have easy scored in the low 40s, but my driver is in the shop, so my distance off the tee suffered, and the greens were overgrown and soaking wet (Has rained here 16 days straight until today). Also got unlucky on a par 3, hit the cart path just over the green and rocketed way OB.
A little proof of the terrible greens...this wasn't a lob wedge, it was my 7 iron from 166 yards:
+6, 78. Short game struggles. had 5 easy straight forward up & downs from just off the greens that I ran the chips by 4 or 5 feet and missed the putt coming back. That's usually money in the bank for me. That's 2 rounds in a row...not sure what's going on. Need to hit the practice green.
43 on a par 37 (included 4 penalties or a 39 would have been very good for me on this course). Lots of trouble, but I was scrambling well. Great approach shots, hit well from the fairway. Driving and putting, not so much.
Couldn't seem to get my draw on my driver back at all.
Only 2 fairways hit
Only 4 GIR or better
But I did have one legitimate eagle opportunity. Tough putt, which I completely left short. Still hunting.
Belmont Country Club
First time in my life I had 2 birdies in 1 round.
Shot 49/46 for a 95 at Forest Hills in Heath. 9 hole played twice 68.7/119 , course was soft, greens were dry & slow. I had two shots that I have never seen before, divot left of target, ball way right of target? First round in eight days...I however got to witness a dad with his wife and kids, launch like 7 tee shots OB on the first tee...I have been there, i could feel his frustration. The OB line is 30 yds right of the fairway all the way. Hey above poster! I live 10 miles from Longaberger GC !...
First round today.
Belmont Country Club
Second round today, same score as the morning round. Played 36 holes in 8 hours with a breakfast break in the middle.
Belmont Country Club
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Classics.....Answer irons?? 2 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 6 minutes ago
- › The Worst (and Best) Golf Club Logos 9 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 10 minutes ago
- › Scratch Players: Practice and Playing Frequency 16 minutes ago
- › The Drive for 5... 21 minutes ago
- › Predict Your Handicap One Year From Now 27 minutes ago
- › My Swing (William W) 30 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (September 2015) 35 minutes ago
- › The Films and Movies Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone J15 Dual Pocket Forged Irons 4-PW by bjwestner
- › Ben Hogan Golf Men's TK1561TVS Sand Wedge, Right Hand, Steel,... by bmartin461
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes