Played the front 9 at Bayou Din golf club in Beaumont, Texas. Shot 8 over for a 44 including 2 penalty strokes. I had 4 pars, with 3 of them back to back!!!! That's a personal best for me. I love golf,.........today.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
I picked up this book after it was posting for discussion in the Reading Room section of The Sand Trap. James Sieckmann is a former PGA Pro who turned to coaching. His methods were developed...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 597
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
78 (41 and 37) on Saturday. Something clicked on driver, 100% fairways hit from hole 3 to the end. Great back nine. 3 Bogies and 2 birdies and 4 pars, but one of those bogies included a penalty stroke.
90 yesterday. 83 strokes, plus 7 penalties. On the plus side, I got to open a new box of balls when I got home......moments of brilliance peppered with periods of just missing my line...again and again and again.......but contact was clean
all over the place
81 Sunday with 3 birdies. 1 put off the green, hit the flag and in. I'm hardly playing this year compared to last year since I couldn't afford a membership this year (my local club has a low first year membership and then it goes up slightly for the second year but jumps big time for 3rd year so I couldn't afford it). I have to wait 4 years to be considered a new member. I've only played 4 rounds and 2 - 9 hole games this year.
Played the tips for the first time since we added about 230 yards of length a few years back. I was playing with a few guys who were qualifying for the club championship, so I teed it back when I am at an age when I should be teeing it forward (I am not championship flight material). Four of the par 4's are unreachable for me, and a few others play way more difficult, especially two of the par-3's. Slope goes from 135 for the regular tees to 140.
46-45-91. Should have been better, as I three-putted four times, and missed some easy putts that would have made for sweet up-and-downs.
Belmont Country Club
Worst start in a long time. The only positive was the last 4 holes, played them 1 over. Today was on of those days that I wondered why I play golf.
Pretty ugly 40 this morning. Missed two putts around 6' that I should have made hits my lines and speed, just did not read them correctly. Got off the tee well, and my approach shots were ok. I really need to focus on paying attention to the wind, selecting the right club based on wind/elevation, and I am not sure I can actually read a green.
After a 16 year lay off and the second year back I'm finally getting my old swing back. I was away for so long the Club Pro looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked for a sleeve of Titleist Balata balls. Shot a 76 on a tight par 67 course. Started with a triple bogey 8, 3 double bogies but made 4 birds.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › How many different clubs do you use around the greens? 40 seconds ago
- › Wedge Play - What works for you? 20 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Ernest Jones) 23 minutes ago
- › Classic Ping shaft info needed 29 minutes ago
- › which ball for a beginner 33 minutes ago
- › Dayton, OH 36 minutes ago
- › Take Your Driver Out of the Bag 43 minutes ago
- › My Swing (saevel25) 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Bunker Shot : What part of club hits sand first 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Sassafrass) 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest