Played the front 9 at Bayou Din golf club in Beaumont, Texas. Shot 8 over for a 44 including 2 penalty strokes. I had 4 pars, with 3 of them back to back!!!! That's a personal best for me. I love golf,.........today.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
After purchasing and being very disappointed with the Taylormade RSI 2 irons, I needed to find an iron set that fit me well and that went along well with my rapidly improving game. I've found this...
Modern’ wedges bear a puzzling similarity to those dating all the way back to the 1950s, the ones Ben Hogan said should not be hit over 40 yards. (This from a man who was known to hit his driver...
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 597
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
78 (41 and 37) on Saturday. Something clicked on driver, 100% fairways hit from hole 3 to the end. Great back nine. 3 Bogies and 2 birdies and 4 pars, but one of those bogies included a penalty stroke.
90 yesterday. 83 strokes, plus 7 penalties. On the plus side, I got to open a new box of balls when I got home......moments of brilliance peppered with periods of just missing my line...again and again and again.......but contact was clean
all over the place
81 Sunday with 3 birdies. 1 put off the green, hit the flag and in. I'm hardly playing this year compared to last year since I couldn't afford a membership this year (my local club has a low first year membership and then it goes up slightly for the second year but jumps big time for 3rd year so I couldn't afford it). I have to wait 4 years to be considered a new member. I've only played 4 rounds and 2 - 9 hole games this year.
Played the tips for the first time since we added about 230 yards of length a few years back. I was playing with a few guys who were qualifying for the club championship, so I teed it back when I am at an age when I should be teeing it forward (I am not championship flight material). Four of the par 4's are unreachable for me, and a few others play way more difficult, especially two of the par-3's. Slope goes from 135 for the regular tees to 140.
46-45-91. Should have been better, as I three-putted four times, and missed some easy putts that would have made for sweet up-and-downs.
Belmont Country Club
Worst start in a long time. The only positive was the last 4 holes, played them 1 over. Today was on of those days that I wondered why I play golf.
Pretty ugly 40 this morning. Missed two putts around 6' that I should have made hits my lines and speed, just did not read them correctly. Got off the tee well, and my approach shots were ok. I really need to focus on paying attention to the wind, selecting the right club based on wind/elevation, and I am not sure I can actually read a green.
After a 16 year lay off and the second year back I'm finally getting my old swing back. I was away for so long the Club Pro looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked for a sleeve of Titleist Balata balls. Shot a 76 on a tight par 67 course. Started with a triple bogey 8, 3 double bogies but made 4 birds.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Game Golf vs. Rangefinder 13 minutes ago
- › 2015 Deutsche Bank Championship Discussion Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Shaft/Club advice 19 minutes ago
- › How much golf is "too much" for your wife? 24 minutes ago
- › Are new clubs being introduced to quickly? 55 minutes ago
- › My Swing (amoline) 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › My Swing (DuffMcGee) 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Does the "hot-hand fallacy" apply to golf? 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Am I within my rights to return this? or am I being stupid 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone J15 Dual Pocket Forged Irons 4-PW by bjwestner
- › Ben Hogan Golf Men's TK1561TVS Sand Wedge, Right Hand, Steel,... by bmartin461
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes