Played the front 9 at Bayou Din golf club in Beaumont, Texas. Shot 8 over for a 44 including 2 penalty strokes. I had 4 pars, with 3 of them back to back!!!! That's a personal best for me. I love golf,.........today.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 11/24/14 at 1:56pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Great all-around ball - good length, checks-up on shots to green, and arguable helps with a straighter flight. Totally disagree with comment that ball is "too pricey" - [less than $2.00/ball...
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 597
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
78 (41 and 37) on Saturday. Something clicked on driver, 100% fairways hit from hole 3 to the end. Great back nine. 3 Bogies and 2 birdies and 4 pars, but one of those bogies included a penalty stroke.
90 yesterday. 83 strokes, plus 7 penalties. On the plus side, I got to open a new box of balls when I got home......moments of brilliance peppered with periods of just missing my line...again and again and again.......but contact was clean
all over the place
81 Sunday with 3 birdies. 1 put off the green, hit the flag and in. I'm hardly playing this year compared to last year since I couldn't afford a membership this year (my local club has a low first year membership and then it goes up slightly for the second year but jumps big time for 3rd year so I couldn't afford it). I have to wait 4 years to be considered a new member. I've only played 4 rounds and 2 - 9 hole games this year.
Played the tips for the first time since we added about 230 yards of length a few years back. I was playing with a few guys who were qualifying for the club championship, so I teed it back when I am at an age when I should be teeing it forward (I am not championship flight material). Four of the par 4's are unreachable for me, and a few others play way more difficult, especially two of the par-3's. Slope goes from 135 for the regular tees to 140.
46-45-91. Should have been better, as I three-putted four times, and missed some easy putts that would have made for sweet up-and-downs.
Belmont Country Club
Worst start in a long time. The only positive was the last 4 holes, played them 1 over. Today was on of those days that I wondered why I play golf.
Pretty ugly 40 this morning. Missed two putts around 6' that I should have made hits my lines and speed, just did not read them correctly. Got off the tee well, and my approach shots were ok. I really need to focus on paying attention to the wind, selecting the right club based on wind/elevation, and I am not sure I can actually read a green.
After a 16 year lay off and the second year back I'm finally getting my old swing back. I was away for so long the Club Pro looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked for a sleeve of Titleist Balata balls. Shot a 76 on a tight par 67 course. Started with a triple bogey 8, 3 double bogies but made 4 birds.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › YouTube (or Whatever) Video Thread 1 minute ago
- › LPGA CME Champ: Lydia Ko 31 minutes ago
- › What golfers mean when they say .... 39 minutes ago
- › Is Distance Really That Important for Amateurs? 47 minutes ago
- › Will Ebola become a big problem in the United States? 54 minutes ago
- › question about adding weight to your irons - lead tape vs. heavy... 56 minutes ago
- › Can't take soccer (football) seriously 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Unusual vision problem 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Laser Rangefinder 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › OZ Open rules dispute 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes