I'm new to golf and played 9 holes today on an executive course par 29. I shot a 46 which is the first time I broke 50 and it felt really good. Especially the first hole I was on the green in one and then three putted. Stayed on the fairways except twice. I have to work on my short game.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
New this year from True Linkswear is the TRUE motion. Set at $119.95, it is a step up from last years TRUE vegas shoe. From True Linkswear: The Motion was inspired by the popular TRUE street...
This is a very solid belt. A little wider than what I normally wear for golf, but that's more a commentary on my lack of style, than on the belt itself. Nice supple leather that needs no...
River Forest CC is my home course. This is a shorter course but don't be fooled by the lack of length. The greens are small and the fairways are tight. The layout of the course is fair, but you...
In my opinion, they are an excellent grip for both players who use gloves and those who do not. I really like the feel of the "reduced taper" which gives my lower hand a positive feel. The top...
Bought 4 dozen of these when they on sale and I got a really good deal on the balls and I have used them this week playing 4 rounds. I really enjoyed using the ball and did not feel a huge...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 603
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I'm slowly making some progress on the game. I'm guessing my index will drop on the next update Thursday...currently at 24.5. That equates to a 28 handicap at my home course. I played on Wednesday last week (just getting to write about it now) after work and shot a 91. That's my best score so far since I started playing last year, but more importantly to me was the breakdown which was 50/41 with 4 pars and no doubles on the back 9! Since I went right out after the train without any warm up, I'm pretty psyched about the result. Still lots of work do to but it's always nice to have the GHIN computer tell you that you're posting outside of your normal range and it's because your score is higher, not lower ;-)
I am really making progress with my short game, but now my driver is a bit balky. I believe that it is indicative of where my better scoring comes from. I was driving the ball better earlier in the season and my scores were anywhere from 84 to 90, but I played twice over the weekend and shot 81 both times with mediocre driving, but getting up and down from everywhere and putting very well. I had a couple of sloppy doubles in both rounds and I think I should have easily broken 80 both days. I feel it coming any day now, just have to drive it in play better. My index should be down significantly in the next cycle, as my last four scores are 80, 84, 81, 81.
The Oaks Course at Dancing Rabbit IS awesome. There is another great course there, too, maybe called the Magnolia for the literally thousands of Magnolias on the course. As I recall one course is a Fazio and the other is a Jerry Pate course. In the middle of nowhere, but worth the trip if those courses are in good condition. One course has bent grass greens and the other is the fairly rare tee to green zoysia, both terrific surfaces. When my group goes on golf junkets, we always call ahead for the maintenance schedule to avoid your problem with the punched out greens. Given the time and effort required to get there, I agree; it's a screw-job, even if you don't ask, that when you book tee times in advance and before you tee off the Proshop should tell you of the course conditions. "There ought to be a law."
played 36 holes today in NC with my nephew. par 72, 6,354 yards, rating 71. I shot 75 first round and 75 second round. Used my father-in-law's golf clubs, he died last year. He was my long-time golf buddy. I left his clubs at my parent's house and use them when I visit NC. Pretty consistent for clubs ive only used twice.
Last night 39 70.9/125, can't remember the rating for that side, it's the back and the easier of the two. Really windy, led to a few missed putts, 19 is high for me. 66% GIR and 83% FIR so I feel I played well, not surprising the only missed GIR were the holes over par. Going down to 11.7 tomorrow.
Putting killed me. I missed at least 10 that I should not have. I seem to do better on courses with higher indices. I did not have one single putt green, but I did manage to hit a few GIR. which is an improvement. Therefore my running handicap went up a tad. Oh, well, guess I should practice putting more. Best shot of the day....Par 3 167 yards, up hill, blind green, #4H on the green in one.
Okay I guess I'll be the guy that makes you all feel like pros.
I played the front 9 at Olmos Golf course here in San Antonio on Sunday. It was 102 degrees out, but only felt like 99..
1 -9 plays 3244 yards, par 36. I shot a blistering 61. (This is only the second round I have played in over 40 years) I was hitting my drives straight down the fairways about 230 yards and really hitting my irons fairly well, or at least I was happy with them. Then came my chipping and pitching. I hit 2 bunkers that took me 3 shots each to get out of. A couple of chips that did the old chip from off the green on one side to off the green on the other. And a short pitch that didn't make the green. I am going to spend my entire lunch hour tomorrow chipping. Then I will be playing a round in Houston on Saturday with my brother in law. I will post another, hopefully better score on Monday.
Had a rough day, sick all day after mild food poisoning last night. Anyway I had a tee time paid for yesterday so off I went. 48 on 71.9/134, don't know the rating for the 3494 front because I haven't posted it yet. Five doubles in a row to finish the front, too shaky to chip and putt well but oddly killed it with my driver. We didn't finish the back, dreadfully slow out there but I was one over through 14 on the back. Started to rebound but it got dark and we headed for the house.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 3 Keys to Better Putting 4 minutes ago
- › Opinion on pros and cons of private club membership 8 minutes ago
- › Article on Low T as we age 10 minutes ago
- › Swing Science? Wishon? 12 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Colin007) 26 minutes ago
- › How many different clubs do you use around the greens? 29 minutes ago
- › Callaway's new Mack Daddy PM (Phil Mickelson) Grind wedge 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Hitting driver on the heel .? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › My Swing (boogielicious) 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › My Swing (fredwilliam) 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › True Linkswear TRUE motion by boogielicious
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by David in FL
- › Freeport, PA by dfreuter415
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by Club Rat
- › Srixon Z-Star XV by Tgb02
- › Talon Golf Glove by Jakester23
- › Cobra Men's Bio Cell Driver by Uncle Peter
- › George Wright Golf Course by Back 9 Bandit
- › PING Glide Wedges by Golfingdad
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Shindig
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest