I'm new to golf and played 9 holes today on an executive course par 29. I shot a 46 which is the first time I broke 50 and it felt really good. Especially the first hole I was on the green in one and then three putted. Stayed on the fairways except twice. I have to work on my short game.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 5/24/15 at 4:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
*dozen came with my SkyTrak purchase. Played a full round with e6 today. Driving and iron shots were straighter then normal. Not as soft as some of the other premium balls. I'm testing about 5-6...
It's like having a Mercedes Benz that stalls at every stop light. Such beauty, all things wonderful....but that one annoying feature that drives you crazy. Ping makes great products. If you're...
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 603
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I'm slowly making some progress on the game. I'm guessing my index will drop on the next update Thursday...currently at 24.5. That equates to a 28 handicap at my home course. I played on Wednesday last week (just getting to write about it now) after work and shot a 91. That's my best score so far since I started playing last year, but more importantly to me was the breakdown which was 50/41 with 4 pars and no doubles on the back 9! Since I went right out after the train without any warm up, I'm pretty psyched about the result. Still lots of work do to but it's always nice to have the GHIN computer tell you that you're posting outside of your normal range and it's because your score is higher, not lower ;-)
I am really making progress with my short game, but now my driver is a bit balky. I believe that it is indicative of where my better scoring comes from. I was driving the ball better earlier in the season and my scores were anywhere from 84 to 90, but I played twice over the weekend and shot 81 both times with mediocre driving, but getting up and down from everywhere and putting very well. I had a couple of sloppy doubles in both rounds and I think I should have easily broken 80 both days. I feel it coming any day now, just have to drive it in play better. My index should be down significantly in the next cycle, as my last four scores are 80, 84, 81, 81.
The Oaks Course at Dancing Rabbit IS awesome. There is another great course there, too, maybe called the Magnolia for the literally thousands of Magnolias on the course. As I recall one course is a Fazio and the other is a Jerry Pate course. In the middle of nowhere, but worth the trip if those courses are in good condition. One course has bent grass greens and the other is the fairly rare tee to green zoysia, both terrific surfaces. When my group goes on golf junkets, we always call ahead for the maintenance schedule to avoid your problem with the punched out greens. Given the time and effort required to get there, I agree; it's a screw-job, even if you don't ask, that when you book tee times in advance and before you tee off the Proshop should tell you of the course conditions. "There ought to be a law."
played 36 holes today in NC with my nephew. par 72, 6,354 yards, rating 71. I shot 75 first round and 75 second round. Used my father-in-law's golf clubs, he died last year. He was my long-time golf buddy. I left his clubs at my parent's house and use them when I visit NC. Pretty consistent for clubs ive only used twice.
Last night 39 70.9/125, can't remember the rating for that side, it's the back and the easier of the two. Really windy, led to a few missed putts, 19 is high for me. 66% GIR and 83% FIR so I feel I played well, not surprising the only missed GIR were the holes over par. Going down to 11.7 tomorrow.
Putting killed me. I missed at least 10 that I should not have. I seem to do better on courses with higher indices. I did not have one single putt green, but I did manage to hit a few GIR. which is an improvement. Therefore my running handicap went up a tad. Oh, well, guess I should practice putting more. Best shot of the day....Par 3 167 yards, up hill, blind green, #4H on the green in one.
Okay I guess I'll be the guy that makes you all feel like pros.
I played the front 9 at Olmos Golf course here in San Antonio on Sunday. It was 102 degrees out, but only felt like 99..
1 -9 plays 3244 yards, par 36. I shot a blistering 61. (This is only the second round I have played in over 40 years) I was hitting my drives straight down the fairways about 230 yards and really hitting my irons fairly well, or at least I was happy with them. Then came my chipping and pitching. I hit 2 bunkers that took me 3 shots each to get out of. A couple of chips that did the old chip from off the green on one side to off the green on the other. And a short pitch that didn't make the green. I am going to spend my entire lunch hour tomorrow chipping. Then I will be playing a round in Houston on Saturday with my brother in law. I will post another, hopefully better score on Monday.
Had a rough day, sick all day after mild food poisoning last night. Anyway I had a tee time paid for yesterday so off I went. 48 on 71.9/134, don't know the rating for the 3494 front because I haven't posted it yet. Five doubles in a row to finish the front, too shaky to chip and putt well but oddly killed it with my driver. We didn't finish the back, dreadfully slow out there but I was one over through 14 on the back. Started to rebound but it got dark and we headed for the house.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Non-Instructional Golf Books 5 minutes ago
- › Unexpected Lost Ball - No Provisional - What Do You Do? 8 minutes ago
- › Rules incident in Des Moines 8 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Ernest Jones) 15 minutes ago
- › Establishing your yardage numbers 15 minutes ago
- › Questions for Shane Ryan about His Upcoming Book, Slaying The Tiger 21 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015) 21 minutes ago
- › Tips to Improve Slow Play 25 minutes ago
- › Playing Golf with Someone Carrying a Weapon 29 minutes ago
- › Golf Skate Caddy 34 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone e6 by mcat12
- › PING Hoofer by Vinsk
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest