Walked a quick nine this morning. (1 hr. 15 min.) Shot 40 (+4).
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 12/20/14 at 12:33pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
I bought this cart after deciding that paying $4 for the lousy pull cart rentals was a sucker's plan with the frequency of my playing golf and at $99, this cart made a ton of sense, financially....
I like to play in cooler weather. What I don't like it bulky outerwear that restricts my golf swing. I searched out a number of lighter weight tops for fall golf. I tried on Oakley, Adidas,...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 611
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I played Ocotillo Golf Course in Hobbs, NM again this afternoon/evening. Shot a 46 (+10) on the front nine which is a large improvement for me over yesterday. I finally got the feel of my irons back and hit a lot of well struck balls, with the occasional diff. Lots of future range time will bring my consistency up, as I know what a good swing feels like. It's a complete training of the body, muscles and mind, and I need more practice to be able to perform consistently and avoid hitting a 180 yard ball 50 yards.
The back 9 was so backed up it was unreal. I got stuck behind a group of 2 couples who were spraying it everywhere, and they were stuck behind a slow party as well, so no sense in letting me play through. I had so much time, I took 4 - 5 balls with me to each tee box and played best ball by myself. I really wanted to get some work in on an actual course for the tournament tomorrow, so I hit a wide variety of shots. Of course I didn't keep score since I was going so far off the grid, but it was very relaxing and I feel I got a lot done. I took several drops in random spots and forced myself to make several 'golf' shots instead of taking the easy route from the middle of the fairway. All I want right now is to strike the ball well. If I get off-target, my chipping is almost always ON and I can rescue myself from any right or left misses when hitting approach shots.
Tonight was a good mental comeback, which I desperately needed after hacking it up on the same course yesterday.
42 on front of 70.9/125. Not bad but I am a dolt. I missed the fairway, dang near hit it across a patch of unmaintained field between the 1 and 2 coming back the other way. There's a gas well out there for crying out loud, have never seen anyone over there. Seriously I missed the fairway some 20 yds left over a serious of mounds that typically keep balls on the green stuff. Bad lie and I tried to punch a 7i towards the green from shin deep dried whatever. Fail, the ball land short and I chunk a chip leaving a long downhill, left to right impossible putt. Because I am a lazy SOB I leave the flag in. Blam in it goes after trying to lag it close to save bogey and with it a 2 stroke penalty for double. All I had to do was walk 25-30 feet and it couild have been an awesome par.
Can't remember who asked about my clubs being locked in the car. I had intended to play up with just spare irons but this was my first time out in a few days. I managed to free my clubs from car jail so not going to happen. I do need to update my forum HI, yesterday I made into the tens finally. Feel pretty good about it considering more than a decade passed before I started playing again 04/2012. If I move back a set of tees and stay the course I'll trend to single digits this season.
-3 32, 2500 yards 9-holes, 32.5 rating, 117 slope, net round -0.5
4 birdies, 1 bogey, 4 pars, probably the most completely dominating round of nine holes i ever played. Though the course is short, its a tricky course. The third hole is a very long par 3 over water. The 4th hole is a short par 4, with water that snakes across the fairway, and water and OB guard the left and deep of the green. The 5th hole is a short three tiered par 3, with OB Right and long. The 9th hole is a short par 4 with OB left due to the driving range. So, its a short course, but accuracy is needed or it can beat up on ya.
I knew it was a good day when i am 2 under going into the 8th hole, and i in-vision my shot starting over the white tee marker, and drawing back to the flag. The ball did that because i nicked the flag stick, and the ball came back towards the hole for a 1 foot birdie putt. The ball mark was about 2 feet past the pin.
Playing at the local course again tomorrow. My schedule is clear and I'm ready to get back out there.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › KBS Tour vs. Dynamic Gold 4 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 6 minutes ago
- › The catch-all swing video editing thread - tips and techniques 13 minutes ago
- › Monty: Rory better than Woods ever was 14 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Women 21 minutes ago
- › My Swing (golfrocks) 26 minutes ago
- › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. 28 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Bechambo) 49 minutes ago
- › TST Fantasy Golf 2015 55 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes