Walked a quick nine this morning. (1 hr. 15 min.) Shot 40 (+4).
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 2:47 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 611
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I played Ocotillo Golf Course in Hobbs, NM again this afternoon/evening. Shot a 46 (+10) on the front nine which is a large improvement for me over yesterday. I finally got the feel of my irons back and hit a lot of well struck balls, with the occasional diff. Lots of future range time will bring my consistency up, as I know what a good swing feels like. It's a complete training of the body, muscles and mind, and I need more practice to be able to perform consistently and avoid hitting a 180 yard ball 50 yards.
The back 9 was so backed up it was unreal. I got stuck behind a group of 2 couples who were spraying it everywhere, and they were stuck behind a slow party as well, so no sense in letting me play through. I had so much time, I took 4 - 5 balls with me to each tee box and played best ball by myself. I really wanted to get some work in on an actual course for the tournament tomorrow, so I hit a wide variety of shots. Of course I didn't keep score since I was going so far off the grid, but it was very relaxing and I feel I got a lot done. I took several drops in random spots and forced myself to make several 'golf' shots instead of taking the easy route from the middle of the fairway. All I want right now is to strike the ball well. If I get off-target, my chipping is almost always ON and I can rescue myself from any right or left misses when hitting approach shots.
Tonight was a good mental comeback, which I desperately needed after hacking it up on the same course yesterday.
42 on front of 70.9/125. Not bad but I am a dolt. I missed the fairway, dang near hit it across a patch of unmaintained field between the 1 and 2 coming back the other way. There's a gas well out there for crying out loud, have never seen anyone over there. Seriously I missed the fairway some 20 yds left over a serious of mounds that typically keep balls on the green stuff. Bad lie and I tried to punch a 7i towards the green from shin deep dried whatever. Fail, the ball land short and I chunk a chip leaving a long downhill, left to right impossible putt. Because I am a lazy SOB I leave the flag in. Blam in it goes after trying to lag it close to save bogey and with it a 2 stroke penalty for double. All I had to do was walk 25-30 feet and it couild have been an awesome par.
Can't remember who asked about my clubs being locked in the car. I had intended to play up with just spare irons but this was my first time out in a few days. I managed to free my clubs from car jail so not going to happen. I do need to update my forum HI, yesterday I made into the tens finally. Feel pretty good about it considering more than a decade passed before I started playing again 04/2012. If I move back a set of tees and stay the course I'll trend to single digits this season.
-3 32, 2500 yards 9-holes, 32.5 rating, 117 slope, net round -0.5
4 birdies, 1 bogey, 4 pars, probably the most completely dominating round of nine holes i ever played. Though the course is short, its a tricky course. The third hole is a very long par 3 over water. The 4th hole is a short par 4, with water that snakes across the fairway, and water and OB guard the left and deep of the green. The 5th hole is a short three tiered par 3, with OB Right and long. The 9th hole is a short par 4 with OB left due to the driving range. So, its a short course, but accuracy is needed or it can beat up on ya.
I knew it was a good day when i am 2 under going into the 8th hole, and i in-vision my shot starting over the white tee marker, and drawing back to the flag. The ball did that because i nicked the flag stick, and the ball came back towards the hole for a 1 foot birdie putt. The ball mark was about 2 feet past the pin.
Playing at the local course again tomorrow. My schedule is clear and I'm ready to get back out there.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › Mark Broadie: How to Survive The 'No Man's Land' From 60 to 100... 6 minutes ago
- › 2015 U.S. Open Prediction Contest: Win a Callaway XR Driver and... 6 minutes ago
- › Michelle Wie Twerking Video 17 minutes ago
- › I Hope Matt Every Wins The Damn Sony Open! 18 minutes ago
- › Lake Balls Performance 19 minutes ago
- › New Clubs - How much is too much 22 minutes ago
- › Brian Henninger - something fishy going on 22 minutes ago
- › Is handicap really a measure of potential? 30 minutes ago
- › Frustrating Round-Bad Putters Represent 32 minutes ago
- › Snell Golf Ball Member Reviews 34 minutes ago
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest