Walked a quick nine this morning. (1 hr. 15 min.) Shot 40 (+4).
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
Was given a sleeve of these today from a friend and decided to use them instead of pro v1's or junk balls and they feel great. Felt about the same as pro v1's except for on the green. Only thing I...
I was given a pair of the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoes for the purpose of writing a review. My previous experience with golf shoes is a couple of pairs of FootJoys and a couple of pairs of...
I bought these when I was still playing baseball and considering getting back into golf. Had them for about 8 months and they were decent enough and they worked. After about 7 ish months though of...
There's probably not much I can say about this book that hasn't already been addressed in either these other reviews or the myriad forums on the website. With that said, let me offer some insights...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 611
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I played Ocotillo Golf Course in Hobbs, NM again this afternoon/evening. Shot a 46 (+10) on the front nine which is a large improvement for me over yesterday. I finally got the feel of my irons back and hit a lot of well struck balls, with the occasional diff. Lots of future range time will bring my consistency up, as I know what a good swing feels like. It's a complete training of the body, muscles and mind, and I need more practice to be able to perform consistently and avoid hitting a 180 yard ball 50 yards.
The back 9 was so backed up it was unreal. I got stuck behind a group of 2 couples who were spraying it everywhere, and they were stuck behind a slow party as well, so no sense in letting me play through. I had so much time, I took 4 - 5 balls with me to each tee box and played best ball by myself. I really wanted to get some work in on an actual course for the tournament tomorrow, so I hit a wide variety of shots. Of course I didn't keep score since I was going so far off the grid, but it was very relaxing and I feel I got a lot done. I took several drops in random spots and forced myself to make several 'golf' shots instead of taking the easy route from the middle of the fairway. All I want right now is to strike the ball well. If I get off-target, my chipping is almost always ON and I can rescue myself from any right or left misses when hitting approach shots.
Tonight was a good mental comeback, which I desperately needed after hacking it up on the same course yesterday.
42 on front of 70.9/125. Not bad but I am a dolt. I missed the fairway, dang near hit it across a patch of unmaintained field between the 1 and 2 coming back the other way. There's a gas well out there for crying out loud, have never seen anyone over there. Seriously I missed the fairway some 20 yds left over a serious of mounds that typically keep balls on the green stuff. Bad lie and I tried to punch a 7i towards the green from shin deep dried whatever. Fail, the ball land short and I chunk a chip leaving a long downhill, left to right impossible putt. Because I am a lazy SOB I leave the flag in. Blam in it goes after trying to lag it close to save bogey and with it a 2 stroke penalty for double. All I had to do was walk 25-30 feet and it couild have been an awesome par.
Can't remember who asked about my clubs being locked in the car. I had intended to play up with just spare irons but this was my first time out in a few days. I managed to free my clubs from car jail so not going to happen. I do need to update my forum HI, yesterday I made into the tens finally. Feel pretty good about it considering more than a decade passed before I started playing again 04/2012. If I move back a set of tees and stay the course I'll trend to single digits this season.
-3 32, 2500 yards 9-holes, 32.5 rating, 117 slope, net round -0.5
4 birdies, 1 bogey, 4 pars, probably the most completely dominating round of nine holes i ever played. Though the course is short, its a tricky course. The third hole is a very long par 3 over water. The 4th hole is a short par 4, with water that snakes across the fairway, and water and OB guard the left and deep of the green. The 5th hole is a short three tiered par 3, with OB Right and long. The 9th hole is a short par 4 with OB left due to the driving range. So, its a short course, but accuracy is needed or it can beat up on ya.
I knew it was a good day when i am 2 under going into the 8th hole, and i in-vision my shot starting over the white tee marker, and drawing back to the flag. The ball did that because i nicked the flag stick, and the ball came back towards the hole for a 1 foot birdie putt. The ball mark was about 2 feet past the pin.
Playing at the local course again tomorrow. My schedule is clear and I'm ready to get back out there.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Hello from Eastern Maine 40 seconds ago
- › Rio's Olympic golf course in turmoil 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 Valero Texas Open Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › TST Investigates GAME Golf 9 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Logo) 11 minutes ago
- › From Vine: If Monday were a golf swing 13 minutes ago
- › Right Elbow Spacing at A4 24 minutes ago
- › Footwork 29 minutes ago
- › Ball markers 43 minutes ago
- › Local news report/pr on Chambers Bay [video] 45 minutes ago
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Tgb02
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by meenman
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by cliffj
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes