Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 12/20/14 at 12:33pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
I bought this cart after deciding that paying $4 for the lousy pull cart rentals was a sucker's plan with the frequency of my playing golf and at $99, this cart made a ton of sense, financially....
I like to play in cooler weather. What I don't like it bulky outerwear that restricts my golf swing. I searched out a number of lighter weight tops for fall golf. I tried on Oakley, Adidas,...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 612
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
played real bad, had fun, always love to play lol. hitting it fat a lot which is a result of my head dropping coming OTT etc etc etc. sick thing is there are a few key swing concepts I put a lot of work into, which I just didn't trust out there and reverted back into bad tendencies. hit a small bucket on the range after the 9 holes and put on a laser show (albeit a cheap one), I was doing an ok job at executing those swing concepts which of course resulted in better shots on the range. need to put a ton more work on this before I can bring a better swing onto the course.
One of our guys was frustrated enough that he quit after 9. I relaxed more on the back and shot even par 35.
I HATE playing as a 5-some and rushing everything!
Got 3 rounds in last weekend in our strokeplay club championships.
Started with a great ground off 72. Just didn't hit a bad shot really.
failed to make up and down a few times. on the most difficult hole
a 440 yard par 4 i was off with driver and had to layup and made bogey.
made 3 birds 5 bogeys 10 pars.
Second round ( same day in afternoon )
Went off well again.
Started par bogey birdie
great teeshot on no 4 middle fairway 150 yards out pin stuck right back
only place you can't miss is right. so i think with a little breeze into face i
take 7 iron and aim for middle green. I blocked it right into big trouble.
Teeshot 5 ( par 5 ) left in bushes pitched out leaving 80 yards ball was on a uphill slope.
Forgot about the fact off de lofting. 58 wedge sailed over the green and never was found
so made a double. Had trouble on the greens because they where speeding up and didn't hole
a putt after that ballstricking was still solid tho carded a 78.
Than my sunday last round.
I was 4 off the lead with my 2 rounds, i wanted to play full attack. because i was striking the ball so good
i didn't hit 1 shot clean on the first 9 and went out in 42 ( +7 )
I hit my tee shot on 10 ( par 5 ) and nailed it, i felt what i did wrong and what was good on this shot.
split fairway 300 yards slight draw. hit 5 iron on the green and 2putted for a birdie this pretty much triggered
me and came in with 33 ( -2 ) made birdie on the short par 4 15th only 305 yards and made only pars.
Finished T3 very happy with this result. Lowered my hdc to 6.1
the winner carded rounds off 74-72-72 way out off my abilities.
3 rounds this weekend - 3 different courses
80 on Friday (78 and two in the water)
42 on Sat (9 holes) - That just seems to be score I have on this course. Can't seem to get it together here at all.
Sunday - Best round to date -75 on Sun (73 plus two penalty strokes) par 72 course (short 6042). 16 fairways hit (13 drivers even), 14 GIR - two birdies. Just boring golf - lots of holes in regulation. Putting short a lot on the first nine to miss a few birdies. Converted only two birdies on the back nine (two over on the front, 1 under on the back - plus one penalty each front and back). So there is a lot more in there to improve with even. But overall, just wow. Didn't even know where I was until the very end when I added it up. I knew I was driving good though. My 60 wedge was fantastic from abour 60-70, and made a couple different really short stop flops, one from the sand. Heck, I was hitting Top Flites and they were backing up. Very Windy. Just wow - rare game for me. Hopefully not so rare in the future
Something good is happening lately
I'll double check. Is it penalty for the drop, and then you keep counting. (so physical stroke into the water, then a penalty stroke for the drop, then continue counting from that point). If it's two strokes for each water, no biggie. Happy to count that too. But I thought it was net plus one, not net plus two for each wet ball.
(No, I checked, It's only one stroke per - I counted it correctly)
Sunday stats - crazy day. (This also had one water penalty on 9, and one stroke for the water, not two.. ; ). but feel free to double up if anyone likes). Note that the two holes with fairways missed were the two with the penalties....
Edited by rehmwa - 8/19/13 at 10:24am
After hitting lots of form recently, came crashing back down to earth.
87 on the par 65. I had been hitting 77, 79, 80 recently.
Just one of those days I suppose as although ball striking and especially driving were fantastic. I had not much luck with my approach shots - 4 ended up in the sand, and I need to work on this paper, I cannot get it out well and just happy if it gets out at all.
Putting was terrible, lots of 3 putts.
On the green for a 140 yard par 3 - within 20 ft and 3 putted. Whilst my buddy shanked right into the cabbage, found his ball chipped out and nailed his 15footer for par.
Back out tonight though.
Today was a rollercoaster ride, couldn't get a good consistent round going. Par 5's killed me. I was with in 70 yards of the 2nd par 5, and i took 4 shots to get the ball in the hole, pathetic. Couldn't pitch the ball worth shit.
Though i figured out a bit more on the golf swing. sometimes i try to get a feel for what i want to do with my practice swing. Got the swing down on the final few holes, and just flushed three great iron shots.
I had a good night on the short course. "Inside 9" Short 4's and 3's par 32 I had a 40 and 38. I was able to play 2x for the price of one walking for a whooping 11 dollars. Almost all my bad scores were due to bad approach shots under 100 yards. I had 3 really close shots on the par 3's though pictures to follow:
after first shot on 160 yd par 3 pushed right into the trees I played a second ball and it was almost a par-visional :-
2 holes later 130 yd par 3
2 holes later another 160 yd par 3
So, even though it was a short course I'm very happy with my overall play. I made one simple change to my swing and it's paying off big time. Basically I am making sure I turn my left shoulder under my chin.
Made up a round from league yesterday. Shot a 43. Had a couple of doubles - one from a duffed tee shot and another from trying to bend (draw) a ball around a corner with my hybrid (it bent alright, right into the woods). Overall, I was very happy with my score though.
Also, had a great drive on a 347 yard par 4. Hole doglegs slightly right with a fairway that slopes left to right. Ended up about 30 yards off the green. Chipped to about 4 feet and sank my putt for birdie. Woot! Woot!
Edited by bluecollar01 - 8/20/13 at 9:38am
Shot a +10 82 today.
Finished the front 9 just +2 after birdying the 9th, went on to top my drive and put my 2nd shot into the woods on the 10th, making a 7.
I have finally mastered bunker shots to some extent, as opposed to it being a flip of the coin whether it gets out of the sand or not.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › Pick the 2015 Major Champions 58 minutes ago
- › When is a green "clear?" 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › From the uk?? I'm after some thoughts! 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › what forms of golf etiquette do you ignore and why? 4 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › The Films and Movies Thread 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Bogey Golfers Only (HI From 16-22)/Breaking 90 Thread 5 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Ball on wrong fairway - who has priority? 5 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › How far should you hit your 8 iron? 5 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › BIg Break Myrtle Beach (Fall 2014 Golf Channel) 5 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes