Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
This is a very nice course designed in the 1900 time frame. One of my partners shared some history with us. The course was actually designed in 1890, but did not get built until 1900. They were...
The Vault I purchased this bag back in 2012 after I moved because I needed to ship my clubs over seas. I also needed the bag to travel back and forth with my clubs while making sure nothing...
ECCO WEBSITE Upper: Rich, textured leather with performance textile at heel and toe Hydromax® treated for water and stain resistances, keeping leather soft, supple and breathable Lining:...
I didn’t know what to expect when I got the Stable Stick. I’m not much of a photographer. My existing tripod is a hand-me-down, and when I started using it, I needed such hints as that my videos...
My first reaction when offered the chance to review a pair of Loudmouth golf pants was a dismissive chuckle and an assumption that the offer was directed at me as a joke. I've always been more of...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 613
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Played the inside 9 course again last night. Had 5 over first two times around 37 37 then tried some dumb stuff the 3rd time, like hitting a 1 iron haha. Paid the price for that though, ended up 11 over, of course part of that was probably fatigue due to walking the course for 45 holes over 2 days. All in all, I've been able to get a lot more consistent.
Another boring round
Got into a bit of trouble off the tee on the first three holes. My short game decided to cost me on the first par 3, took a double bogey there. I three putted from 20 feet on the par 5, had an eagle putt. I thought i hit the ball lightly going down the hill, but it rolled out to 6' or so, and the ball did the shoe horn loop around the hole.
Overall not bad, but not good. My expectations are for much better play.
I'm the loving new USGA "Tee it Foward" campaign. As a 36 handicapper the scorecard said I should be playing from the forward tees anyways at over 5100 yards it presented a fair challenge with some easy drivable par 4's at 225 yards and 359 yard ones which I parred and quadruple bogeyed respectivetly. Made a par and 2 bogeys over 24 holes. I
I shot a 98 over 14 holes and then ran out of of balls after hitting a slice in a tree then a hook in the left trees on hole 15. Would have probably around a 120-130 ny usual sceore.
Played Trump National in Rancho Palo Verde's yesterday shot a 91.
50 on the front 9 that I felt was easier then the back?
41 on the back, started out with 4 pars, went down hill on hole 14, hit 3 bunkers in a row.
Still struggle on the par 3 holes I am sure it is a mind thing now. It has been a few months of missing every green, now I am hitting them but have no confidence.
Played Aronimink yesterday and it just beat me up. Shot 88, with a bunch of doubles that were a result of me missing greens from too far out. The course is one 400+ yard, uphill par-4 after another and I just don't drive it far enough to be able to get a manageable club in my had to hit most of the greens. Almost all of my pars were up-and-downs and I never sniffed birdie.
At one point, I was standing in the middle of the 15th fairway after a decent drive and the caddie just smiled and said, "I don't have to tell you anything", because it was just another uphill 185 yard shot that played 200.
Only played 10 today, it was a rainy day and simply got too wet to continue. Started off with just rain, nothing too heavy, by the 6th hole it began to downpour. This was only my second outing this year in the rain, but it was much better than the last. I actually played OK. Of the 10 I played, par was 40...I ended the day with a 51. For the conditions, I was quite happy with my score. Good news is, my rain gear held up quite well.
played 36 holes today, 78 and 77, from the middle tees. par 72, 6300+ yards. the 8th hole (which is one of the toughest on the course anyway) really had my number as i took double bogey on it both rounds. the other side of the coin is the 18th, which is a pretty easy par 5, where i went birdie-eagle.
Tied for my lowest ever 9 hole scored at 53 on the front 9 at Lake Park in Lewisville today. Great start with a double bogey for me, than triple on hole 2. Then I hit a groove and shot a couple doubles. Then I hit a GIR on hole 7 and 3 putted for my first bogey on that round. Finished hole 9 with a great drive, 2nd shot 3 wood carried 200 yards but pulled to the left, but cleared the bunker. Pitched onto the green and 2 putts for par(Almost a birdie but the nerves to making my first birdie got to me. Nothing worse than a triple bogey for all 9 holes. I played perfectly to my handicap pretty much.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › My Quest to Break 80 in a Year (July 2016) from a 22 Handicap 53 seconds ago
- › Delta, BA loses luggage - Lewis, Korda and Lincicome 2 minutes ago
- › Tamping down behind the ball on a tee box 4 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (July 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › The Drive for 5... 11 minutes ago
- › Looking for advice on a "progress plan" 13 minutes ago
- › Worst Shot of the Week 16 minutes ago
- › Golf Rules Quiz - How well can you do? 21 minutes ago
- › Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100 22 minutes ago
- › What Climate Wars Did To Science 30 minutes ago
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › adidas Men's Asym RH Energy Boost Golf Shoe, Running... by Club Rat
- › BrightSpot Solutions Spotless Swing Premium Multi-Use Golf Towel,... by Mr. Desmond
- › Snake Eyes Mens Leather Golf Glove by SavvySwede
- › Club Champ Multi-Sport Quik Net by SavvySwede
- › Lamkin Wrap-Tech Grip by Mr. Desmond
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes