Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 11/20/14 at 1:23pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
From the creator of the classic HipTi Driver comes this flat black, easygoing, straight driver with distance. Jesse Ortiz has always carved his prototypes from wood by hand. It was the way he was...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 613
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Played the inside 9 course again last night. Had 5 over first two times around 37 37 then tried some dumb stuff the 3rd time, like hitting a 1 iron haha. Paid the price for that though, ended up 11 over, of course part of that was probably fatigue due to walking the course for 45 holes over 2 days. All in all, I've been able to get a lot more consistent.
Another boring round
Got into a bit of trouble off the tee on the first three holes. My short game decided to cost me on the first par 3, took a double bogey there. I three putted from 20 feet on the par 5, had an eagle putt. I thought i hit the ball lightly going down the hill, but it rolled out to 6' or so, and the ball did the shoe horn loop around the hole.
Overall not bad, but not good. My expectations are for much better play.
I'm the loving new USGA "Tee it Foward" campaign. As a 36 handicapper the scorecard said I should be playing from the forward tees anyways at over 5100 yards it presented a fair challenge with some easy drivable par 4's at 225 yards and 359 yard ones which I parred and quadruple bogeyed respectivetly. Made a par and 2 bogeys over 24 holes. I
I shot a 98 over 14 holes and then ran out of of balls after hitting a slice in a tree then a hook in the left trees on hole 15. Would have probably around a 120-130 ny usual sceore.
Played Trump National in Rancho Palo Verde's yesterday shot a 91.
50 on the front 9 that I felt was easier then the back?
41 on the back, started out with 4 pars, went down hill on hole 14, hit 3 bunkers in a row.
Still struggle on the par 3 holes I am sure it is a mind thing now. It has been a few months of missing every green, now I am hitting them but have no confidence.
Played Aronimink yesterday and it just beat me up. Shot 88, with a bunch of doubles that were a result of me missing greens from too far out. The course is one 400+ yard, uphill par-4 after another and I just don't drive it far enough to be able to get a manageable club in my had to hit most of the greens. Almost all of my pars were up-and-downs and I never sniffed birdie.
At one point, I was standing in the middle of the 15th fairway after a decent drive and the caddie just smiled and said, "I don't have to tell you anything", because it was just another uphill 185 yard shot that played 200.
Only played 10 today, it was a rainy day and simply got too wet to continue. Started off with just rain, nothing too heavy, by the 6th hole it began to downpour. This was only my second outing this year in the rain, but it was much better than the last. I actually played OK. Of the 10 I played, par was 40...I ended the day with a 51. For the conditions, I was quite happy with my score. Good news is, my rain gear held up quite well.
played 36 holes today, 78 and 77, from the middle tees. par 72, 6300+ yards. the 8th hole (which is one of the toughest on the course anyway) really had my number as i took double bogey on it both rounds. the other side of the coin is the 18th, which is a pretty easy par 5, where i went birdie-eagle.
Tied for my lowest ever 9 hole scored at 53 on the front 9 at Lake Park in Lewisville today. Great start with a double bogey for me, than triple on hole 2. Then I hit a groove and shot a couple doubles. Then I hit a GIR on hole 7 and 3 putted for my first bogey on that round. Finished hole 9 with a great drive, 2nd shot 3 wood carried 200 yards but pulled to the left, but cleared the bunker. Pitched onto the green and 2 putts for par(Almost a birdie but the nerves to making my first birdie got to me. Nothing worse than a triple bogey for all 9 holes. I played perfectly to my handicap pretty much.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 3 minutes ago
- › Is "ready" golf against the rules? 6 minutes ago
- › Michael Phelps alleged girlfriend was once a man?!! 12 minutes ago
- › Food Thread 58 minutes ago
- › Golf Channel 59 minutes ago
- › NEW Titleist 915D Driver, First Look 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Chris Como Named Tiger's New Coach 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Hogan's Pivot - 'Right Loading' Discussion 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Best balls on a tight budget? 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › IceSkin Cooling Shirt by Garmatex by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes