Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I was very excited to get a chance to review the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoe. When I first checked them out on the Adidas website, I was intrigued by the Boost energy capsules, and I was...
Back in summer 2013, a Bridgestone ballfitting team visited my home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The pair offered us a chance to test our current ball vs. Bridgestone products, and...
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
I bought these when I was still playing baseball and considering getting back into golf. Had them for about 8 months and they were decent enough and they worked. After about 7 ish months though of...
There's probably not much I can say about this book that hasn't already been addressed in either these other reviews or the myriad forums on the website. With that said, let me offer some insights...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 613
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Played the inside 9 course again last night. Had 5 over first two times around 37 37 then tried some dumb stuff the 3rd time, like hitting a 1 iron haha. Paid the price for that though, ended up 11 over, of course part of that was probably fatigue due to walking the course for 45 holes over 2 days. All in all, I've been able to get a lot more consistent.
Another boring round
Got into a bit of trouble off the tee on the first three holes. My short game decided to cost me on the first par 3, took a double bogey there. I three putted from 20 feet on the par 5, had an eagle putt. I thought i hit the ball lightly going down the hill, but it rolled out to 6' or so, and the ball did the shoe horn loop around the hole.
Overall not bad, but not good. My expectations are for much better play.
I'm the loving new USGA "Tee it Foward" campaign. As a 36 handicapper the scorecard said I should be playing from the forward tees anyways at over 5100 yards it presented a fair challenge with some easy drivable par 4's at 225 yards and 359 yard ones which I parred and quadruple bogeyed respectivetly. Made a par and 2 bogeys over 24 holes. I
I shot a 98 over 14 holes and then ran out of of balls after hitting a slice in a tree then a hook in the left trees on hole 15. Would have probably around a 120-130 ny usual sceore.
Played Trump National in Rancho Palo Verde's yesterday shot a 91.
50 on the front 9 that I felt was easier then the back?
41 on the back, started out with 4 pars, went down hill on hole 14, hit 3 bunkers in a row.
Still struggle on the par 3 holes I am sure it is a mind thing now. It has been a few months of missing every green, now I am hitting them but have no confidence.
Played Aronimink yesterday and it just beat me up. Shot 88, with a bunch of doubles that were a result of me missing greens from too far out. The course is one 400+ yard, uphill par-4 after another and I just don't drive it far enough to be able to get a manageable club in my had to hit most of the greens. Almost all of my pars were up-and-downs and I never sniffed birdie.
At one point, I was standing in the middle of the 15th fairway after a decent drive and the caddie just smiled and said, "I don't have to tell you anything", because it was just another uphill 185 yard shot that played 200.
Only played 10 today, it was a rainy day and simply got too wet to continue. Started off with just rain, nothing too heavy, by the 6th hole it began to downpour. This was only my second outing this year in the rain, but it was much better than the last. I actually played OK. Of the 10 I played, par was 40...I ended the day with a 51. For the conditions, I was quite happy with my score. Good news is, my rain gear held up quite well.
played 36 holes today, 78 and 77, from the middle tees. par 72, 6300+ yards. the 8th hole (which is one of the toughest on the course anyway) really had my number as i took double bogey on it both rounds. the other side of the coin is the 18th, which is a pretty easy par 5, where i went birdie-eagle.
Tied for my lowest ever 9 hole scored at 53 on the front 9 at Lake Park in Lewisville today. Great start with a double bogey for me, than triple on hole 2. Then I hit a groove and shot a couple doubles. Then I hit a GIR on hole 7 and 3 putted for my first bogey on that round. Finished hole 9 with a great drive, 2nd shot 3 wood carried 200 yards but pulled to the left, but cleared the bunker. Pitched onto the green and 2 putts for par(Almost a birdie but the nerves to making my first birdie got to me. Nothing worse than a triple bogey for all 9 holes. I played perfectly to my handicap pretty much.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 2015 Masters Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tiger Passing On Bay Hill, Still Dangling Masters Possibility 6 minutes ago
- › Trees Impeding on or Being In the Fairway 7 minutes ago
- › Winter Depression Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Ping Graphite Shafts Breaking? 17 minutes ago
- › Golf vs. baseball 20 minutes ago
- › Should you play tees/courses based soley from driver times 28? 26 minutes ago
- › Rory McIlroy Nike commercial - gym workout 44 minutes ago
- › Will I ever be a great golfer? 56 minutes ago
- › Jack or Tiger: Who's the greatest 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by k-troop
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by cliffj
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes