Played 36 on Saturday and Sunday. Shot 81,76,80,83. Struggled with getting up and down and had a couple bad tee shots leading to double and triple.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
If you are going there for a fun and short weekend round, you can usually finish up on 2 hours or less depending upon how many golfers are playing. My kids and I used to play this course once a...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 615
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Have to get on track off the tee. This is such a mental game it's amazing. Yesterday is a great example - hit balls before teeing off and was making good contact with mostly straight or controlled fade ball flight. Feeling pretty good and pasted my first tee shot down the left side of the fairway. Every tee shot after was a horrible slice or block to the right. Hit the range a few hours later and was dead straight. Jumped right it to play the two holes on my way back to the clubhouse and put two in the trees. Focus this week is getting my "driving range" head onto the course - stop thinking and just let it rip.
This is actually a what I shot yesterday post.
I played my local course that is a slope 126 and a 69.7 rating I think? Anyway, shot an 88 going 45/43 which is my best round since early June (I am playing right now to consider bogey as par). I got new irons in June and I'd say they are a little better than my capability (if you believe in stuff like that) and I've struggled a bit learning how to hit them. But I've seen my form coming back around and yesterday was a day where things were generally much better on the ball striking. I actually made 7 greens in regulation so I feel like this score is higher than it could/should have been. I had three 3 putts for bogey, 2 of which were inside 20 feet on the first put. That's an easy couple strokes right there. But I also had a couple holes where I got in trouble and scrambled well to save bogey, so maybe 88 is about where I should have been.
Just broke 70 for the first time. Shot 69!
Black Tee's Par - 72
The course is at the top of a hill so it plays VERY VERY windy. Probably played, with the wind, easily 6600 yards.
Shot a 75 yesterday (38-37, par 72)... The front nine I played better than I scored. Was hitting my irons very solid leading to a few makeable birdies, only one of which I converted. Lipped out two birdie putts inside 10 feet. Also, I was pretty disappointed in bogeying two par 5's. The back 9 I actually didn't play as well, but was able to get up and down a couple times and just didn't make many bogeys.
It needs changing but I haven't had an update in ages.
I was talking to one of the guys at the club, and asked about my handicap which is officially 14 (after I posted 3 scores for my first handicap), whether I should use this for my first tournament, even though, it is lower than 14, he said yes, only tournament scores count towards handicaps.
Is this normal, or just something in the UK?
Went to Athens, AL. today and shot a 73 at Southern Gayles Golf Club. It's a par 72 with a course rating of 71.8 and 116 slope, but we didn't play from the tips and I never looked up what the rating was from the white tees we were playing. I heard the owner (who was in our group) say it was about 6,300 yards from those tees.
Made 3 birdies (all on par fives) and 4 bogeys. Missed a few birdie putts that I thought I should have made but had a little trouble with misreads.
Hit my driver and fairway woods very well. Long and mid irons pretty well. Wedges like crap.
Blah, another +4 40, seriously a +4 feels like something tough to do, use to be +4 were good rounds.
-1 through 4 holes, double bogied the 5th hole, put a drive into the water. Had to drop back to 250 yards out because dropping at the entry point is down the side of a hill under trees, no way to get close. hit a hybrid next to the front bunker, poor chip and two putts later. Bogied the next par 5, pulled a wedge slightly left and long, couldn't get up and down for par. Doubled the last hole, had to punch out from some trees, and then i totally mishit a wedge, chunked it to 20 yards in front of the green. Hit a pitch to 4 feet, and the putt lipped out on the BOTTOM SIDE, the putt was a good right to break, the ball caught the lip, and got sling shoted around the hole and behind it. I have never seen a ball define gravity like that, and i didn't hit the putt hard, the ball was dying into the hole, it was freakish.
As for the swing, driver is ok, i'm having trouble with a slight reverse pivot. I find with my drives, i do the hip turn well, but i am slighly falling away from the ball trying to get the path more right. This is a bad move for me. I am trying to artifically create an inside move by leaning away, not good.
Putting is better, short game needs a tune up. Think i will hit the range this week.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Shorts / Belt Question 5 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 13 minutes ago
- › Strength and Depth of Field in Jack's Day and Tiger's Day 19 minutes ago
- › TaylorMade Releases RSi Irons 31 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (July 2015) 45 minutes ago
- › In one sentence, what's the best statement you can make which would... 51 minutes ago
- › Good value ball 51 minutes ago
- › Being Fit for an Edel Putter 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › The Virtue of Being a Stupid Monkey (and How it can Help Your Golf... 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › How would you react? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes