Played 36 on Saturday and Sunday. Shot 81,76,80,83. Struggled with getting up and down and had a couple bad tee shots leading to double and triple.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 12:33 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
I bought this cart after deciding that paying $4 for the lousy pull cart rentals was a sucker's plan with the frequency of my playing golf and at $99, this cart made a ton of sense, financially....
I like to play in cooler weather. What I don't like it bulky outerwear that restricts my golf swing. I searched out a number of lighter weight tops for fall golf. I tried on Oakley, Adidas,...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 615
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Have to get on track off the tee. This is such a mental game it's amazing. Yesterday is a great example - hit balls before teeing off and was making good contact with mostly straight or controlled fade ball flight. Feeling pretty good and pasted my first tee shot down the left side of the fairway. Every tee shot after was a horrible slice or block to the right. Hit the range a few hours later and was dead straight. Jumped right it to play the two holes on my way back to the clubhouse and put two in the trees. Focus this week is getting my "driving range" head onto the course - stop thinking and just let it rip.
This is actually a what I shot yesterday post.
I played my local course that is a slope 126 and a 69.7 rating I think? Anyway, shot an 88 going 45/43 which is my best round since early June (I am playing right now to consider bogey as par). I got new irons in June and I'd say they are a little better than my capability (if you believe in stuff like that) and I've struggled a bit learning how to hit them. But I've seen my form coming back around and yesterday was a day where things were generally much better on the ball striking. I actually made 7 greens in regulation so I feel like this score is higher than it could/should have been. I had three 3 putts for bogey, 2 of which were inside 20 feet on the first put. That's an easy couple strokes right there. But I also had a couple holes where I got in trouble and scrambled well to save bogey, so maybe 88 is about where I should have been.
Just broke 70 for the first time. Shot 69!
Black Tee's Par - 72
The course is at the top of a hill so it plays VERY VERY windy. Probably played, with the wind, easily 6600 yards.
Shot a 75 yesterday (38-37, par 72)... The front nine I played better than I scored. Was hitting my irons very solid leading to a few makeable birdies, only one of which I converted. Lipped out two birdie putts inside 10 feet. Also, I was pretty disappointed in bogeying two par 5's. The back 9 I actually didn't play as well, but was able to get up and down a couple times and just didn't make many bogeys.
It needs changing but I haven't had an update in ages.
I was talking to one of the guys at the club, and asked about my handicap which is officially 14 (after I posted 3 scores for my first handicap), whether I should use this for my first tournament, even though, it is lower than 14, he said yes, only tournament scores count towards handicaps.
Is this normal, or just something in the UK?
Went to Athens, AL. today and shot a 73 at Southern Gayles Golf Club. It's a par 72 with a course rating of 71.8 and 116 slope, but we didn't play from the tips and I never looked up what the rating was from the white tees we were playing. I heard the owner (who was in our group) say it was about 6,300 yards from those tees.
Made 3 birdies (all on par fives) and 4 bogeys. Missed a few birdie putts that I thought I should have made but had a little trouble with misreads.
Hit my driver and fairway woods very well. Long and mid irons pretty well. Wedges like crap.
Blah, another +4 40, seriously a +4 feels like something tough to do, use to be +4 were good rounds.
-1 through 4 holes, double bogied the 5th hole, put a drive into the water. Had to drop back to 250 yards out because dropping at the entry point is down the side of a hill under trees, no way to get close. hit a hybrid next to the front bunker, poor chip and two putts later. Bogied the next par 5, pulled a wedge slightly left and long, couldn't get up and down for par. Doubled the last hole, had to punch out from some trees, and then i totally mishit a wedge, chunked it to 20 yards in front of the green. Hit a pitch to 4 feet, and the putt lipped out on the BOTTOM SIDE, the putt was a good right to break, the ball caught the lip, and got sling shoted around the hole and behind it. I have never seen a ball define gravity like that, and i didn't hit the putt hard, the ball was dying into the hole, it was freakish.
As for the swing, driver is ok, i'm having trouble with a slight reverse pivot. I find with my drives, i do the hip turn well, but i am slighly falling away from the ball trying to get the path more right. This is a bad move for me. I am trying to artifically create an inside move by leaning away, not good.
Putting is better, short game needs a tune up. Think i will hit the range this week.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Playing Irons Only 8 minutes ago
- › long iron/hybrid gapping 13 minutes ago
- › The Films and Movies Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Do Not Use a Heavy Club or Weighted Donuts 33 minutes ago
- › Still swinging: Indoor golf opportunities grow - The Journal News... 52 minutes ago
- › NEW Titleist 915D Driver, First Look 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › KBS Tour vs. Dynamic Gold 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Patting down grass behind ball when in the rough ... 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › How far should you hit your 8 iron? 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › My Little Blade vs. GI Iron Test 2 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes