Played front 9 this afternoon with my old man and his frend and managed to shoot a 29 out (first time ever), I did carry on to see if (SOMEHOW) I could shoot a 59 but ended up bogeying 10 - 11 so walked off on 13th, still.. Onwards and upwards!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
New this year from True Linkswear is the TRUE motion. Set at $119.95, it is a step up from last years TRUE vegas shoe. From True Linkswear: The Motion was inspired by the popular TRUE street...
This is a very solid belt. A little wider than what I normally wear for golf, but that's more a commentary on my lack of style, than on the belt itself. Nice supple leather that needs no...
River Forest CC is my home course. This is a shorter course but don't be fooled by the lack of length. The greens are small and the fairways are tight. The layout of the course is fair, but you...
In my opinion, they are an excellent grip for both players who use gloves and those who do not. I really like the feel of the "reduced taper" which gives my lower hand a positive feel. The top...
Bought 4 dozen of these when they on sale and I got a really good deal on the balls and I have used them this week playing 4 rounds. I really enjoyed using the ball and did not feel a huge...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 617
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Bested myself today. Not entirely sure where the shots were coming from. Shot an 85 at Stumpy Lake GC in Chesapeake, VA. I think it had to do with putting my driver up and hitting my 3W on all the tees. Just haven't had confidence in that particular driver since I got it - will probably be the last used driver I ever get. Golf Galaxy called and my new one is in so hopefully I'll be back to playing a driver soon.
Stoked! Thank you 5sk and thank you Evolvr. Brian and Stephen have really helped me add structure to my swing and even though I am miles away from nailing what they have taught me I am seeing real on course results.
I shot absolutely awful today. We had a match on a new course and played the harder back 9. Lots of hills and doglegs. I shot a 57 because I couldn't hit a ball straight to save my life.
But the bright side is I had one of the greatest shots of my life, I left the other team's coach speechless. Hell, everyone that saw it was speechless. I was down in a valley, my feet halfway on a cart path, and there was a tree I had to hit a draw around (I'm wrong handed just so you know). 180 out and the green is 20 yards or so up so I hit my 6 iron. I then make perfect contact and see the ball bend around the tree, then just disappear. I knew it was on line and just from their reactions I knew I was on the green. Bogeyed the hole though, but if it wasn't for that shot I could of been screwed.
Played terribly. EVERYTHING was off to the right, either a push or a strong fade.
Shot a 45...and that was only because I finished par-birdie on the final two. And got REAL lucky on 8. 90 degree dogleg left, and I pull the tee shot (only one I didn't hit right) into the woods. Hit a provisional and move on. Get down there, and my first shot made it all the way through the trees into the middle of the fairway leaving me a wedge to the green...proceeded to push the wedge right of the green, where it bounces of a hill and rolls 15 feet from the cup. 2 putt par.
Kind of a mixed-bag round. Didn't get a chance to warmup at the range and got off to an indifferent start and didn't make my first par until the 5th hole. Got on a roll and went 1-over from 5 through 13. Had a complete brain fart on 14 and butchered the hole into a triple bogey. Finished with a birdie on our very difficult finishing hole.
Out last night 43 on front of 70.9/125. 19 putts was the story, not a happy ending for sure. I hit 5 o7 FIR, better than 70%, and 4 of 9 GIR. Just couldn't get the putter working and it led to 3 doubles. Though they had nearly every hole placed on the top of a ridge. Doesn't look as difficult as it is. Pretty much impossible to land it near the hole, everything rolled away and putting back up it was tough to get the speed right.
I've been AWOL in 2013 because I've been working too hard (I think)..LOL... and my golf game went missing too. I haven't had time to keep up with this fun message board!! Most of this golf season has been a terrible struggle. With that said, I logged my first par-breaker of 2013! I've been playing like crap all year too........aaargh!!
For 1 day...I put that aside. I played Stone Canyon. It's a Greg Norman course that positively kicks my butt...UNTIL TODAY
I played the 73.2CR 141slope tees......par 72
34-37=71.............Maybe a fluke? I don't care! BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! hehe....Freaking A.....my best damn round of 2013 is in the books!
Whatever happens the rest of the year, I don't really care because I had my day!! Sheesh...
Just played 9 holes after work this afternoon. Hit the ball the best I've played in a long time, but didn't score well. I shot 37 (which I normally wouldn't complain about) but hit 6/6 fairways and 8/9 GIR's, with one of those being a par 5 in two. Had a 10 foot eagle putt that I ran by a few feet, then carelessly tried to tap in for birdie and missed. That was frustrating. I had one other 3 putt and a one putt for birdie, so a total of 19 putts on the round. Just didn't have a good feel for the reads today for some reason. Lipped out on three different holes. Heading back in the morning for an 18 hole round, and if I'm striking the ball as well as I was today I hope to be reporting a par or under par score tomorrow afternoon.
Did 47 on front 9 (par 72, 71/120 rating). Forgot to bring my putter and putted everything with 6 iron. The end result is 20 putts where I average 16. Made 3 of 9 GIRs which is pretty good for me. 4 days of range practice helped get my iron shot straight.
I was working on putting from fringe with 6 iron. So, forgetting to bring putter worked out OK as I was forced to practice on real course.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › SkyTrak Launch Monitor 5 minutes ago
- › numbers on the sole of clubs 12 minutes ago
- › Biggest jerk on the tour? 12 minutes ago
- › Forward Press to Start Swing 17 minutes ago
- › Brandt Snedeker Testing New Bridgestone J15 Line of Clubs 18 minutes ago
- › Driver Shaft Length 25 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Jakester23) 31 minutes ago
- › My Swing (boogielicious) 37 minutes ago
- › 2015 RBC Heritage Discussion Thread 37 minutes ago
- › AimPoint Green Reading 44 minutes ago
- › True Linkswear TRUE motion by boogielicious
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by David in FL
- › Freeport, PA by dfreuter415
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by Club Rat
- › Srixon Z-Star XV by Tgb02
- › Talon Golf Glove by Jakester23
- › Cobra Men's Bio Cell Driver by Uncle Peter
- › George Wright Golf Course by Back 9 Bandit
- › PING Glide Wedges by Golfingdad
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Shindig
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest