Played a new course and shot a 93, 70.7/131 slope rating from the tees I played. Had a couple good shots that caught me by surprise, a 170 yard 4 iron out of a fairway bunker that ended up about pin high and a 45 foot par putt with a couple different breaks. It seems even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I thought the book was well thought out. It dispels some long held myths about the golf game, but also shows you why they are myths instead of just telling you. It really takes game management...
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 619
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Just came in from a +4 76. 39-37... Had 19 putts on the front nine which was pretty frustrating, including a missed birdie putt from about 3 feet. Also doubled a par 4. Short game was better on the back nine with 14 putts, but didn't hit my iron shots as well so that included 4 up and downs. Overall, I hit 6 out 12 fairways and 13 out of 18 GIR's. I'm on the brink of shooting even/under par but just still need some work on the short game.
This weekend I finally got away from my two years of ill-fated attempts with the stack and tilt swing. I spent the week watching the videos from lessons I took 3 years ago and they finally made sense to me.
While my scores were no better, my ball striking was much better. I have a much higher ball flight - a bit of distance is currently being sacrificed because of my lack of confidence in a full back swing. Even when missing the fairway, I only had to punch out once - putting sank me 2 out of the 3 days this weekend, but I will excuse myself on that level due to the greens being aerated on Tuesday and we had no real rain this week to clean them up. I also tried to rely on irons more than my hybrid and tried to keep niblick use down to a minimum (only for full swings out of deep rough)
Friday - shot a 99 - 7/14 fairways, 1 GIR, 29 putts, 2 pars and one chip in bogey
Saturday - shot a 102 - 9/14 fairways 2 GIRs, 37 putts, 1 par
Monday - shot a 99 - 10/14 fairways, 2 GIRs, 32 putts (one 30 footer and one 35 footer, both for bogey), 1 par
Did 89 on a home course (71/120, par 72). Needed only 29 putts, thanks to two hole outs. One was a chip-putt using 6 iron from 8 yards out. Another was from 30 yards, using 60 degree lob wedge. Breaking 90 on every round is my goal and all I needed was a double or less on #18. This is a sucker hole with water on right and bunker on left guarding a small green. I proceeded to put two balls in water and was hitting 6th. I needed to hole out from 30 yards out to break 90, a likelihood of 1 in 100 chances. Viola! My pitch shot landed and rolled 10 feet (seemed like forever) and went in. This must have been a lucky day.
Unfortunately, this round made my handicap to go up over 17. It pushed out the last good score. That completes a circle of going from 17 to 12 and back to 17 handicap in 4 months span. Time to update my profile again. Sigh.
Followed it up with 88 on the same course. I did everything sort of ok. The highlight of the round was that I par'd the two remaining holes I couldn't this year. My iron shots are coming around really nice since I decided to grip one inch short.
Shot my best 9 in 2 years... Par 37 and I shot a +1, 38
Hole #1- Par 5
Hit my best drive of the day dead down the middle. 3 hybrid to 10 yards short of the green. Chipped to 6 feet and made the birdie
Hole #2- Par 4
Another good drive, just leaked right and in to the rough. 2nd shot was center of the green leaving me a 25 footer for birdie. Missed on the low side and tapped in for par
Hole #3- Par 5
Another good drive on the left side of the fairway. My 2nd shot I swung out of my shoes and pushed way right into a waste bunker. Hit that thin off the back of the green. Chipped on and 2 putted for bogey
Hole #4- Par 4
this is a reachable par 4, i put my drive in the bunker in front of the green. Out of the sand to 12 feet, missed the birdie, tap in par
Hole #5- Par 3 - 147yards
9 iron to a back pin that i pulled left and put on the fringe. Missed the birdie tap in par
Hole #6- Par 4
right side is all lake, so I aimed left and stayed left. 2nd shot was a little long to the back fringe, 2 putt par
Hole #7- Par 3 180yards
Hit my only really bad shot of the day. Dumped it in to the lake on the right. Went to the drop area and stuck it to 18 inches and tapped in for bogey
Hole #8- Par 5
Good drive, put my 2nd in the bunker in front of the green. Bad shot out left me on the fringe, missed the birdie putt and made the come backer for par
Hole #9- Par 4
Over cut the drive in to the right rough. Played an 8 iron that went long left. Chipped to 2 feet and tapped in for par
My secret? Choked up on my driver and drove the best I have all season and didn't lose distance at all
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › WITB Photo Edition! 8 minutes ago
- › Revivals and Remakes 11 minutes ago
- › To golfers who score in the 70s - What's your story? 12 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 25 minutes ago
- › The Golf Channel Amateur Tour 25 minutes ago
- › 2015 The Honda Classic Discussion Thread 58 minutes ago
- › Is it ok to tilt your head 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Full swings and shaking off the cobwebs 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Indoor full swing practice 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › What do you think is the most important club in the bag? 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by oregongolfguy
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes