Played a new course and shot a 93, 70.7/131 slope rating from the tees I played. Had a couple good shots that caught me by surprise, a 170 yard 4 iron out of a fairway bunker that ended up about pin high and a 45 foot par putt with a couple different breaks. It seems even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Today at 4:25 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 619
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Just came in from a +4 76. 39-37... Had 19 putts on the front nine which was pretty frustrating, including a missed birdie putt from about 3 feet. Also doubled a par 4. Short game was better on the back nine with 14 putts, but didn't hit my iron shots as well so that included 4 up and downs. Overall, I hit 6 out 12 fairways and 13 out of 18 GIR's. I'm on the brink of shooting even/under par but just still need some work on the short game.
This weekend I finally got away from my two years of ill-fated attempts with the stack and tilt swing. I spent the week watching the videos from lessons I took 3 years ago and they finally made sense to me.
While my scores were no better, my ball striking was much better. I have a much higher ball flight - a bit of distance is currently being sacrificed because of my lack of confidence in a full back swing. Even when missing the fairway, I only had to punch out once - putting sank me 2 out of the 3 days this weekend, but I will excuse myself on that level due to the greens being aerated on Tuesday and we had no real rain this week to clean them up. I also tried to rely on irons more than my hybrid and tried to keep niblick use down to a minimum (only for full swings out of deep rough)
Friday - shot a 99 - 7/14 fairways, 1 GIR, 29 putts, 2 pars and one chip in bogey
Saturday - shot a 102 - 9/14 fairways 2 GIRs, 37 putts, 1 par
Monday - shot a 99 - 10/14 fairways, 2 GIRs, 32 putts (one 30 footer and one 35 footer, both for bogey), 1 par
Did 89 on a home course (71/120, par 72). Needed only 29 putts, thanks to two hole outs. One was a chip-putt using 6 iron from 8 yards out. Another was from 30 yards, using 60 degree lob wedge. Breaking 90 on every round is my goal and all I needed was a double or less on #18. This is a sucker hole with water on right and bunker on left guarding a small green. I proceeded to put two balls in water and was hitting 6th. I needed to hole out from 30 yards out to break 90, a likelihood of 1 in 100 chances. Viola! My pitch shot landed and rolled 10 feet (seemed like forever) and went in. This must have been a lucky day.
Unfortunately, this round made my handicap to go up over 17. It pushed out the last good score. That completes a circle of going from 17 to 12 and back to 17 handicap in 4 months span. Time to update my profile again. Sigh.
Followed it up with 88 on the same course. I did everything sort of ok. The highlight of the round was that I par'd the two remaining holes I couldn't this year. My iron shots are coming around really nice since I decided to grip one inch short.
Shot my best 9 in 2 years... Par 37 and I shot a +1, 38
Hole #1- Par 5
Hit my best drive of the day dead down the middle. 3 hybrid to 10 yards short of the green. Chipped to 6 feet and made the birdie
Hole #2- Par 4
Another good drive, just leaked right and in to the rough. 2nd shot was center of the green leaving me a 25 footer for birdie. Missed on the low side and tapped in for par
Hole #3- Par 5
Another good drive on the left side of the fairway. My 2nd shot I swung out of my shoes and pushed way right into a waste bunker. Hit that thin off the back of the green. Chipped on and 2 putted for bogey
Hole #4- Par 4
this is a reachable par 4, i put my drive in the bunker in front of the green. Out of the sand to 12 feet, missed the birdie, tap in par
Hole #5- Par 3 - 147yards
9 iron to a back pin that i pulled left and put on the fringe. Missed the birdie tap in par
Hole #6- Par 4
right side is all lake, so I aimed left and stayed left. 2nd shot was a little long to the back fringe, 2 putt par
Hole #7- Par 3 180yards
Hit my only really bad shot of the day. Dumped it in to the lake on the right. Went to the drop area and stuck it to 18 inches and tapped in for bogey
Hole #8- Par 5
Good drive, put my 2nd in the bunker in front of the green. Bad shot out left me on the fringe, missed the birdie putt and made the come backer for par
Hole #9- Par 4
Over cut the drive in to the right rough. Played an 8 iron that went long left. Chipped to 2 feet and tapped in for par
My secret? Choked up on my driver and drove the best I have all season and didn't lose distance at all
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Michelle Wie Twerking Video 21 minutes ago
- › McDonald’s To Open A Restaurant Run By Robots In Phoenix 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing - May 24th, 2015 @ Industry Hills... 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Best Sunglasses for vision enhancement on the course 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Lihu) 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Are you spending 70% of your practice time on your short game like... 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › What will you watch more of? Wentworth or Colonial. *VOTE* 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Having issues hitting my wedges..... grrrrrrrrr 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Bad day of golf? 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest