83 and all I can say is I am beat.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 622
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Won the finals of match play in my local club comp.
Went to an extra hole. Trust me to pull my drive out of bounds. Lucky for me the guy I was against smashed his into a metal pole used for a safety net. The ball then screwed off sideways and I smashed my 3rd 250 yards up the left side to be 50 yards short. I ended up down for a 5 and up for the win.
77 on my home course today (par 72, 6300 yards). our club championship is coming up this weekend and it's match play, so to get adjusted to that kind of play, before i began my round i filled out an imaginary opponent's score at the bottom of my card, giving him birdies on the 2 easiest holes and bogeys on the 4 hardest. i made it through 16 holes 1-down to my "opponent" before pulling my drive OB on 17 and taking a double bogey to lose my fictitious match 2 and 1. went ahead and played the 18th and undid a little of the damage closing with a birdie.
Home course. 6,610 yds. 71.1/121.
80 with a lost ball just off the fairway on a very short par 4. Turned a birdie putt into a double. Ugh...... Just never really got going. I'm on a "lip-out" roll the last 2 weeks or so. Hitting the putts exactly where I want to, but they're just not going in.
Another in a long line of bizarre rounds this summer. I couldn't drive the ball to save my life, especially on the front, but I hung in there to make some good bogeys and saved some incredible pars. My middle and long irons were on fire and I putted out of my mind. I posted 5 on my first eight holes and then birdied the ninth (par 3). I then went two under over the next four holes (including the ninth, I birdied three out of four holes; don't know if I ever did that before). I stood on the 14th tee four over par. Of course, I hit another poor drive, this time into a lateral hazard and made double bogey. I parred two of the four holes coming home, but they were two of the hardest holes on the course and I bogeyed two of the easiest. Overall frustrating, but I also played some of my best golf all season.
Consolation: I took the money.
+3, 39, was 5 over through 4, with a double and triple bogey, then went -2 in the next five holes.
Just stupid mistakes. Lay up perfect on a par 5, had a full wedge, hit it like crap, duffed a chip, finally got on to two putt. Next hole i thin a drive into the lake, crap another wedge short, then chip on and two putt for my 6. Then things started to get better.
Drove the ball well today, found out how to get my left shoulder a little steeper with out getting it to steep to sky the drives. Irons were coming around, short game was shit, putting was good, not outstanding.
86 today on my home course. First round with my new Mizuno 825's! Distances need sorted out, but today was not a day that was going to happen as my swing just never felt right. Had some great shots with the new clubs, and they are going to be great in my bag! The round was not great though. Three 3 putts (I hardly ever 3-putt), four doubles and an OB. Nearly 100 out today! It was a HOT one!
Things indeed got tougher with Delta View and I carded a 98 today. It was 100+ degrees hot and I got worn down by heat toward the end. Two par 5 holes did all the damage with 9 and 10. Otherwise, it would have been a good round given the course difficulty. In fact, it lowered my handicap index by 0.1. No 3 putts but I missed number of short and medium range putts.
97 from Arrowcreek, Legend course (70.7/134) in Reno, Nevada. Lost lots of balls, leading to 8 doubles or worse. Enough said. Will do better tomorrow or I will quit golf. If there is golf god out there, I mean it .
Both rounds at Stone Canyon (73.2/141)
I had 3 penalties and no birdies. This is an 80 that I was pleased with because it could have been a lot worse!!
3 bogeys-1 birdie
The putter has been sizzling hot inside scoring range. I made a bunch of great par saves. My single birdie was a bomb...I got lucky. I had some nice birdie looks, but it was always from the wrong side of the hole with lots of break.
Par save of the day:
I hit a solid drive, but it drifted a little left in a crosswind. 9 out of 10 times, it would have been fine on that line but the drive went further than normal in the hot/dry conditions and it rolled into a hazard on a line I normally don't reach. I take my drop and hit 5-wood. I never got a yardage.....my thought process was to get it up somewhere 30yds short of the green where I can pitch-putt for a par. I nuked it and reached the front/first of the greenside bunkers. The pin was in the back of the green some 30yds away... I hit a low chunk and runner to about 8ft.....draino...saved my par
Strokes: 34 (-2)
Fairways: 5 out of 6
GIR's: 7 out of 9
Had 3 birdies and one bogey (on the easiest par 5 on the course)... Really wish I could have kept the round going and played the back 9, but mother nature wouldn't allow it.
I did better (93) and I am not quitting golf just yet. 2nd time around on this course, I managed the course better. Number of times, I opted not to go for green on my second shot. It reduced number of blow out holes from 8 yesterday to 6 today. Lost only 1 ball! 4 GIRs, 31 putts, 6/13 FHs, 4 pars - pretty much the norm.
4 rounds in 4 days across two States ... I didn't fare well.
An 89....through 15 holes. The heat/humidity got the better of me and I had to call it a day. Struggling a bit with my new wedges, but this was only my second time out with them. Greens were a little rough due to recent aeration. Today was one of my best driving days this year, driver down to PW were all very solid.
This morning was my first official round in over 8 years. I've been to the range twice in the past couple of weeks trying to get a feel for these new irons I had fitted to my height. I hit the ball really well today, with the occasional errant tee shots, duffs... and other odds and ends. Putter wasn't too hot, but rolled a few balls well... and my PW left me... Course from the White tees is rated 68.8/117... I shot 93. I was hoping to break 100 so one goal down... now the 90 mark. If I can get just a bit more consistent then I think shooting in 80's will be no problem at all. Hit a gorgeous 8i over a gap from 130 to within 2 feet for my only birdie of the day... 4 pars.
The tee box is back behind Jim (red shirt). That's Terry his wife, awesome couple... Steve isn't in the picture... great bunch of folks I hooked up with today. The tee shot is over that ravine...
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › New PING Glide Wedges and Cadence Putters 2 minutes ago
- › Dufner @ Honda less 20 lbs - Jason Dufner looks like a lean mean... 2 minutes ago
- › Adjustable loft hybrid for mid-high handicap 7 minutes ago
- › Different club flexes 43 minutes ago
- › 2015 The Honda Classic Discussion Thread 48 minutes ago
- › Male Scratch Golfer on the LPGA Tour 55 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Jetfan1983) 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Member Review Roll Call: Bridgestone E Series Golf Balls 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Distance irons v traditional 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Napa Valley Visit 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes