83 and all I can say is I am beat.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I have always enjoyed walking. Always feel much more connected to the round, feel like i can learn the course better etc. However, of late some lower back nerve problems have really slowed me down....
The Garmin G3 is a basic, but very solid GPS unit. This is a model that came out a few years ago and it certainly doesn't have some of the advanced features that its successors have added. But what...
I was very excited to get a chance to review the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoe. When I first checked them out on the Adidas website, I was intrigued by the Boost energy capsules, and I was...
Back in summer 2013, a Bridgestone ballfitting team visited my home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The pair offered us a chance to test our current ball vs. Bridgestone products, and...
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 622
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Won the finals of match play in my local club comp.
Went to an extra hole. Trust me to pull my drive out of bounds. Lucky for me the guy I was against smashed his into a metal pole used for a safety net. The ball then screwed off sideways and I smashed my 3rd 250 yards up the left side to be 50 yards short. I ended up down for a 5 and up for the win.
77 on my home course today (par 72, 6300 yards). our club championship is coming up this weekend and it's match play, so to get adjusted to that kind of play, before i began my round i filled out an imaginary opponent's score at the bottom of my card, giving him birdies on the 2 easiest holes and bogeys on the 4 hardest. i made it through 16 holes 1-down to my "opponent" before pulling my drive OB on 17 and taking a double bogey to lose my fictitious match 2 and 1. went ahead and played the 18th and undid a little of the damage closing with a birdie.
Home course. 6,610 yds. 71.1/121.
80 with a lost ball just off the fairway on a very short par 4. Turned a birdie putt into a double. Ugh...... Just never really got going. I'm on a "lip-out" roll the last 2 weeks or so. Hitting the putts exactly where I want to, but they're just not going in.
Another in a long line of bizarre rounds this summer. I couldn't drive the ball to save my life, especially on the front, but I hung in there to make some good bogeys and saved some incredible pars. My middle and long irons were on fire and I putted out of my mind. I posted 5 on my first eight holes and then birdied the ninth (par 3). I then went two under over the next four holes (including the ninth, I birdied three out of four holes; don't know if I ever did that before). I stood on the 14th tee four over par. Of course, I hit another poor drive, this time into a lateral hazard and made double bogey. I parred two of the four holes coming home, but they were two of the hardest holes on the course and I bogeyed two of the easiest. Overall frustrating, but I also played some of my best golf all season.
Consolation: I took the money.
+3, 39, was 5 over through 4, with a double and triple bogey, then went -2 in the next five holes.
Just stupid mistakes. Lay up perfect on a par 5, had a full wedge, hit it like crap, duffed a chip, finally got on to two putt. Next hole i thin a drive into the lake, crap another wedge short, then chip on and two putt for my 6. Then things started to get better.
Drove the ball well today, found out how to get my left shoulder a little steeper with out getting it to steep to sky the drives. Irons were coming around, short game was shit, putting was good, not outstanding.
86 today on my home course. First round with my new Mizuno 825's! Distances need sorted out, but today was not a day that was going to happen as my swing just never felt right. Had some great shots with the new clubs, and they are going to be great in my bag! The round was not great though. Three 3 putts (I hardly ever 3-putt), four doubles and an OB. Nearly 100 out today! It was a HOT one!
Things indeed got tougher with Delta View and I carded a 98 today. It was 100+ degrees hot and I got worn down by heat toward the end. Two par 5 holes did all the damage with 9 and 10. Otherwise, it would have been a good round given the course difficulty. In fact, it lowered my handicap index by 0.1. No 3 putts but I missed number of short and medium range putts.
97 from Arrowcreek, Legend course (70.7/134) in Reno, Nevada. Lost lots of balls, leading to 8 doubles or worse. Enough said. Will do better tomorrow or I will quit golf. If there is golf god out there, I mean it .
Both rounds at Stone Canyon (73.2/141)
I had 3 penalties and no birdies. This is an 80 that I was pleased with because it could have been a lot worse!!
3 bogeys-1 birdie
The putter has been sizzling hot inside scoring range. I made a bunch of great par saves. My single birdie was a bomb...I got lucky. I had some nice birdie looks, but it was always from the wrong side of the hole with lots of break.
Par save of the day:
I hit a solid drive, but it drifted a little left in a crosswind. 9 out of 10 times, it would have been fine on that line but the drive went further than normal in the hot/dry conditions and it rolled into a hazard on a line I normally don't reach. I take my drop and hit 5-wood. I never got a yardage.....my thought process was to get it up somewhere 30yds short of the green where I can pitch-putt for a par. I nuked it and reached the front/first of the greenside bunkers. The pin was in the back of the green some 30yds away... I hit a low chunk and runner to about 8ft.....draino...saved my par
Strokes: 34 (-2)
Fairways: 5 out of 6
GIR's: 7 out of 9
Had 3 birdies and one bogey (on the easiest par 5 on the course)... Really wish I could have kept the round going and played the back 9, but mother nature wouldn't allow it.
I did better (93) and I am not quitting golf just yet. 2nd time around on this course, I managed the course better. Number of times, I opted not to go for green on my second shot. It reduced number of blow out holes from 8 yesterday to 6 today. Lost only 1 ball! 4 GIRs, 31 putts, 6/13 FHs, 4 pars - pretty much the norm.
4 rounds in 4 days across two States ... I didn't fare well.
An 89....through 15 holes. The heat/humidity got the better of me and I had to call it a day. Struggling a bit with my new wedges, but this was only my second time out with them. Greens were a little rough due to recent aeration. Today was one of my best driving days this year, driver down to PW were all very solid.
This morning was my first official round in over 8 years. I've been to the range twice in the past couple of weeks trying to get a feel for these new irons I had fitted to my height. I hit the ball really well today, with the occasional errant tee shots, duffs... and other odds and ends. Putter wasn't too hot, but rolled a few balls well... and my PW left me... Course from the White tees is rated 68.8/117... I shot 93. I was hoping to break 100 so one goal down... now the 90 mark. If I can get just a bit more consistent then I think shooting in 80's will be no problem at all. Hit a gorgeous 8i over a gap from 130 to within 2 feet for my only birdie of the day... 4 pars.
The tee box is back behind Jim (red shirt). That's Terry his wife, awesome couple... Steve isn't in the picture... great bunch of folks I hooked up with today. The tee shot is over that ravine...
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce 1 minute ago
- › The Most Annoying Golf Partners 7 minutes ago
- › Should you play tees/courses based solely from driver times 28? 10 minutes ago
- › Pitching in wet, soft, and muddy conditions 10 minutes ago
- › Game Golf iPhone/Android App adds GPS Rangefinder 12 minutes ago
- › Forum Profile Handicap Indices.... 19 minutes ago
- › Tiger Passing On Bay Hill, Still Dangling Masters Possibility 20 minutes ago
- › Just joined. 23 minutes ago
- › What is Your Golf Opinion? 25 minutes ago
- › Penalty for Giving Advice After a Round is Complete 27 minutes ago
- › Clicgear Model 3.5+ Push Cart by oregongolfguy
- › Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS by dkolo
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by k-troop
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes