Despite a few bogies my tee shots were spot on, overall a great end to my golf season. Here comes winter :((
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
If you are going there for a fun and short weekend round, you can usually finish up on 2 hours or less depending upon how many golfers are playing. My kids and I used to play this course once a...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 634
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I just couldn't swing the club today to save my life! I'd duck hook one, then slice the next one, then a pull, then a push.... I was chunking them fat so bad I thought I was going to strike oil. I shot a bloody 10 on a par five that I was inches from birdieing the other day.
Shot 91 in some pretty tough conditions yesterday. Should have stayed home.
If I can post one sub 90 round between now & 10/31 all or my scores counted for handicap purposes would be in the 80's. That would be some nice improvement for me after a pretty rough stretch during mid-summer this year. In MN you can't post scores after 10/31.
So bummed there's not much left of the season, I just feel like I'm a few rounds away from possibly breaking 90 for the first time, going to stink having to put the clubs away and start all over again next spring.
9x3 over the weekend, front was closed for maintenance. 41-43-44. Actually played the best for the 44 but had a strange, for me, triple start and end. Though it goes on the books as a 43 due to ESC. Can't remember the last time I carded an 8 on a par 5. And that with no penalties. Didn't make a bogey in 27 holes, just par and double or worse. Dreadful golf weather, rain, snow and sub 40 temps yesterday.
37-39 76 with a double bogey on the front 9. Going very well on the back until 13 and started to lose ita bit. Three straight bogies then finished with three straight pars. Today was may first day using the Super Stroke 3.0 on my putter. Did good for me on several putts inside 10 feet that I usually have been missing. Only really had one bad putt all day and that was a very nice feeling.
Today I shot my lowest score ever of 82. I haven't been able to break the 90 mark much this year, but I have been playing quite a bit lately and it really seemed to pay off today. I was playing with my new Taylormade ATV wedge set today and I actually think the 60* really helped my game. Until I got that club I would just try half shots with a 56*.
Played Monday and Tuesday at Oglebay Park in West Virginia...
Monday: 40-41 = 81 @ Speidel Course designed by Robert Trent Jones
Tuesday: 46-39 = 85 @ Klieves Course designed by Arnold Palmer
Great two days on the October special. Two rounds of golf, one night accommodations at the Wilson lodge, and a buffet breakfast for $121.
I can remember wanting to play that course many years ago when I was still a beginner golfer living in the Columbus Ohio area. I never did make the trip, but I can remember thinking about how I really wanted to play that course. The closest I ever got was playing Eagle Sticks in Zanesville and the Salt Fork State Park course in Cambridge.......I was working my way East on I-70, but never went far enough!! DARN!!!
I played Stone Canyon Today and Monday: 73.2CR 141 slope
Average golf....I'm not complaining because I can play a lot worse!!
PS...for people posting scores. Rather than to say I played the tips or purple tees or whatever, (that means nothing).....please state the CR and slope from the tees you played because that would be informative.
""steps down off soap box""
I am reading these posts from you guys and I am even embarrassed to post mine. But here goes nothing. At least let me disclaim that it has been almost 4 years since I last played, and I never took the time to get some practice in prior this game. A good friend of my instigated me to playing on the fly. Any how, I am so glad he did get me out to play because at least I am now going out everyday to the range and to the practice green to get my game back. So here goes and please don't freak out!
Crandon Golf Course in Key Biscayne Florida on Friday October 18th, score, 140! First time since I first started playing that I would score over 10 on any hole. The good thing I covered all my bases, I hooked, I sliced, I grounded it, chucked it, I even missed it. Let me add that it has been such a long time that my favorite Ecco golf shoes disintegrated before even reaching the first hole making me have to buy new golf shoes. (not that its a bad thing). It was a funny day and just took it as a lesson. it definitely isn't like riding a bike! I hope you all enjoyed a good laugh, lord knows I am laughing rereading this.
Played a course at 6600 yds and the rating of 71.2/135:
Shot -1 on the front nine (three bogeys and four birdies), then proceeded to play like a cr@p on 2 holes (a quadruple and a triple) on the back nine for +9 for 80 (+8 total). Two holes cost me 7 strokes over par!!!! AARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (July 2015) 19 minutes ago
- › Swaying on the backswing - please, help 45 minutes ago
- › Jack or Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer? 46 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Jetfan1983) 1 hour ago
- › My Swing (alleztom) 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › In one sentence, what's the best statement you can make which would... 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Does Zach Johnson move up a tier now...? 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Dashcam catches off duty police officer out of control! 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › How long will I be out after Rotator Cuff Surgery? 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Man Shoots Down Drone Plane 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes