Despite a few bogies my tee shots were spot on, overall a great end to my golf season. Here comes winter :((
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 634
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I just couldn't swing the club today to save my life! I'd duck hook one, then slice the next one, then a pull, then a push.... I was chunking them fat so bad I thought I was going to strike oil. I shot a bloody 10 on a par five that I was inches from birdieing the other day.
Shot 91 in some pretty tough conditions yesterday. Should have stayed home.
If I can post one sub 90 round between now & 10/31 all or my scores counted for handicap purposes would be in the 80's. That would be some nice improvement for me after a pretty rough stretch during mid-summer this year. In MN you can't post scores after 10/31.
So bummed there's not much left of the season, I just feel like I'm a few rounds away from possibly breaking 90 for the first time, going to stink having to put the clubs away and start all over again next spring.
9x3 over the weekend, front was closed for maintenance. 41-43-44. Actually played the best for the 44 but had a strange, for me, triple start and end. Though it goes on the books as a 43 due to ESC. Can't remember the last time I carded an 8 on a par 5. And that with no penalties. Didn't make a bogey in 27 holes, just par and double or worse. Dreadful golf weather, rain, snow and sub 40 temps yesterday.
37-39 76 with a double bogey on the front 9. Going very well on the back until 13 and started to lose ita bit. Three straight bogies then finished with three straight pars. Today was may first day using the Super Stroke 3.0 on my putter. Did good for me on several putts inside 10 feet that I usually have been missing. Only really had one bad putt all day and that was a very nice feeling.
Today I shot my lowest score ever of 82. I haven't been able to break the 90 mark much this year, but I have been playing quite a bit lately and it really seemed to pay off today. I was playing with my new Taylormade ATV wedge set today and I actually think the 60* really helped my game. Until I got that club I would just try half shots with a 56*.
Played Monday and Tuesday at Oglebay Park in West Virginia...
Monday: 40-41 = 81 @ Speidel Course designed by Robert Trent Jones
Tuesday: 46-39 = 85 @ Klieves Course designed by Arnold Palmer
Great two days on the October special. Two rounds of golf, one night accommodations at the Wilson lodge, and a buffet breakfast for $121.
I can remember wanting to play that course many years ago when I was still a beginner golfer living in the Columbus Ohio area. I never did make the trip, but I can remember thinking about how I really wanted to play that course. The closest I ever got was playing Eagle Sticks in Zanesville and the Salt Fork State Park course in Cambridge.......I was working my way East on I-70, but never went far enough!! DARN!!!
I played Stone Canyon Today and Monday: 73.2CR 141 slope
Average golf....I'm not complaining because I can play a lot worse!!
PS...for people posting scores. Rather than to say I played the tips or purple tees or whatever, (that means nothing).....please state the CR and slope from the tees you played because that would be informative.
""steps down off soap box""
I am reading these posts from you guys and I am even embarrassed to post mine. But here goes nothing. At least let me disclaim that it has been almost 4 years since I last played, and I never took the time to get some practice in prior this game. A good friend of my instigated me to playing on the fly. Any how, I am so glad he did get me out to play because at least I am now going out everyday to the range and to the practice green to get my game back. So here goes and please don't freak out!
Crandon Golf Course in Key Biscayne Florida on Friday October 18th, score, 140! First time since I first started playing that I would score over 10 on any hole. The good thing I covered all my bases, I hooked, I sliced, I grounded it, chucked it, I even missed it. Let me add that it has been such a long time that my favorite Ecco golf shoes disintegrated before even reaching the first hole making me have to buy new golf shoes. (not that its a bad thing). It was a funny day and just took it as a lesson. it definitely isn't like riding a bike! I hope you all enjoyed a good laugh, lord knows I am laughing rereading this.
Played a course at 6600 yds and the rating of 71.2/135:
Shot -1 on the front nine (three bogeys and four birdies), then proceeded to play like a cr@p on 2 holes (a quadruple and a triple) on the back nine for +9 for 80 (+8 total). Two holes cost me 7 strokes over par!!!! AARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Dufner @ Honda less 20 lbs - Jason Dufner looks like a lean mean... 3 seconds ago
- › Adjustable loft hybrid for mid-high handicap 4 minutes ago
- › New PING Glide Wedges and Cadence Putters 17 minutes ago
- › Different club flexes 41 minutes ago
- › 2015 The Honda Classic Discussion Thread 46 minutes ago
- › Male Scratch Golfer on the LPGA Tour 53 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Jetfan1983) 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Member Review Roll Call: Bridgestone E Series Golf Balls 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Distance irons v traditional 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Napa Valley Visit 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes