Yesterday, Pembroke Lakes Golf Course CR 71.5 Played off the blues shot for 116, felt sluggish going into the back 9. Playing from the blues proved to be hard, but the group I was playing with all agreed to play from the blues. No worries, the hard the game can only help me get better!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I thought the book was well thought out. It dispels some long held myths about the golf game, but also shows you why they are myths instead of just telling you. It really takes game management...
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 637
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Played Meadowlark in HB today shot an 81 on a par 71, 40 on the front 41 on the back, had to work my ass off cleaning up bad shots.
They had also seeded so you could not drive on the fairways. Never played a course that did this before, leave your cart on the path and walk to find your ball, slowed play way down. And had a couple with a 4 some in front that the husband was giving lessons to his wife and would not let any one play through. I think at some point we had 4 groups lined up behind us.
Still wildly inconsistent off the tee. Thankfully, my irons and putting were solid. Was so frustrated, I snuck back out for another 9-holes after the tourney to replay holes with all the "should have done this" thoughts from earlier in the day. Settled down off the tee a bit (still fading/push slicing though) and ended up +7 with six pars. Go figure...
Friday at my home course shot a 99 (51/48)
10/14 Fairways, 1 GIR, 38 putts - started out with 4 bogies and the rest of the front went a bit downhill as the pace slowed to a crawl
Only got in 9 yesterday due to rain - should have quit after 7 but we finished up our 9. Shot a 52 on the back 9.
4/7 fairways, 18 putts
We got to the green on 7 ( we started on 18)....and it was impossible to putt their was standing water on the green. We had been playing in and out of the rain for two hours when the greens became saturated......
Today we had 18 in a small game....two man blind draw.......shot a 40/51/91......total collapse on the back side.but netted a 73 and was partnered with a guy that netted a 67.....good enough for a 140 and first place....$40 each.
Temps were still in the 30's when I got to Caberfae at 11 am with no one else on the course. I had penalties on every other hole (literally) on the first 9 and left my pitching wedge somewhere. Played through again, no penalties and hit very solid iron shots. I only hit one GIR which I got a rare birdie on. No pars the entire day. Found my club on the 6th hole and ended with 110 on an easy course. Even though it was a bad day score-wise, it was good to get out - especially when I think about how few days are left this season.
Shot a 100 at Oak Hollow Golf Course in Mckinney, TX. Didn't do myself any favors by doing a P90X 'Chest & Back' workout the day before, I was very sore and tight. Had trouble on the range finishing shots, so I really had to stretch before the round. Played decent off the tee box and never got into any trouble I couldn't get myself out of. Tried to play smarter golf today, took a 4i off the tee instead of my usual driver to play a layup shot on a hole that has a massive oak tree blocking most tee shots. Layed a 200 yard shot right up the middle, so it worked out well, and was also a good exercise in restraint for me. Shanked a few iron shots in the beginning as a result of being sore and not finishing properly, but I eventually got that worked out. I seem to be pulling alot of iron shots to the left, so I intend on putting in some quality range time to knock off the rust.
Putting killed me, of course.
I also played yesterday in Apple Valley... the wind was nuts! On top of that, I hadn't played in about 3 weeks to a month. Surprisingly though, I played pretty well. Shot 39 on the front, but had to skip a couple holes on the back due to darkness (darn time change!).
Rough day yesterday 46 on a the front of a tough course. I spent some time on the range before we hit the course and somehow managed to develop a massive blood blister on the ring finger of my right hand. I've had a callous there all year. It popped on my second shot on the first hole and it made swinging the club miserable. I taped it up but it was pretty sore so I stopped at 9.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › San Francisco Bay Area Courses 12 minutes ago
- › Winter Depression Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Sketchers commercials with Matt Kuchar 15 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 24 minutes ago
- › Distortion Factor Prescription Sunglasses 37 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Billgeo) 45 minutes ago
- › Shoulder turn/getting driver parallel to ground 58 minutes ago
- › 2015 The Honda Classic Discussion Thread 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Removing distance stakes. 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Indoor full swing practice 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by oregongolfguy
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes