Yesterday, Pembroke Lakes Golf Course CR 71.5 Played off the blues shot for 116, felt sluggish going into the back 9. Playing from the blues proved to be hard, but the group I was playing with all agreed to play from the blues. No worries, the hard the game can only help me get better!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 11/20/14 at 1:23pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Great all-around ball - good length, checks-up on shots to green, and arguable helps with a straighter flight. Totally disagree with comment that ball is "too pricey" - [less than $2.00/ball...
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 637
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Played Meadowlark in HB today shot an 81 on a par 71, 40 on the front 41 on the back, had to work my ass off cleaning up bad shots.
They had also seeded so you could not drive on the fairways. Never played a course that did this before, leave your cart on the path and walk to find your ball, slowed play way down. And had a couple with a 4 some in front that the husband was giving lessons to his wife and would not let any one play through. I think at some point we had 4 groups lined up behind us.
Still wildly inconsistent off the tee. Thankfully, my irons and putting were solid. Was so frustrated, I snuck back out for another 9-holes after the tourney to replay holes with all the "should have done this" thoughts from earlier in the day. Settled down off the tee a bit (still fading/push slicing though) and ended up +7 with six pars. Go figure...
Friday at my home course shot a 99 (51/48)
10/14 Fairways, 1 GIR, 38 putts - started out with 4 bogies and the rest of the front went a bit downhill as the pace slowed to a crawl
Only got in 9 yesterday due to rain - should have quit after 7 but we finished up our 9. Shot a 52 on the back 9.
4/7 fairways, 18 putts
We got to the green on 7 ( we started on 18)....and it was impossible to putt their was standing water on the green. We had been playing in and out of the rain for two hours when the greens became saturated......
Today we had 18 in a small game....two man blind draw.......shot a 40/51/91......total collapse on the back side.but netted a 73 and was partnered with a guy that netted a 67.....good enough for a 140 and first place....$40 each.
Temps were still in the 30's when I got to Caberfae at 11 am with no one else on the course. I had penalties on every other hole (literally) on the first 9 and left my pitching wedge somewhere. Played through again, no penalties and hit very solid iron shots. I only hit one GIR which I got a rare birdie on. No pars the entire day. Found my club on the 6th hole and ended with 110 on an easy course. Even though it was a bad day score-wise, it was good to get out - especially when I think about how few days are left this season.
Shot a 100 at Oak Hollow Golf Course in Mckinney, TX. Didn't do myself any favors by doing a P90X 'Chest & Back' workout the day before, I was very sore and tight. Had trouble on the range finishing shots, so I really had to stretch before the round. Played decent off the tee box and never got into any trouble I couldn't get myself out of. Tried to play smarter golf today, took a 4i off the tee instead of my usual driver to play a layup shot on a hole that has a massive oak tree blocking most tee shots. Layed a 200 yard shot right up the middle, so it worked out well, and was also a good exercise in restraint for me. Shanked a few iron shots in the beginning as a result of being sore and not finishing properly, but I eventually got that worked out. I seem to be pulling alot of iron shots to the left, so I intend on putting in some quality range time to knock off the rust.
Putting killed me, of course.
I also played yesterday in Apple Valley... the wind was nuts! On top of that, I hadn't played in about 3 weeks to a month. Surprisingly though, I played pretty well. Shot 39 on the front, but had to skip a couple holes on the back due to darkness (darn time change!).
Rough day yesterday 46 on a the front of a tough course. I spent some time on the range before we hit the course and somehow managed to develop a massive blood blister on the ring finger of my right hand. I've had a callous there all year. It popped on my second shot on the first hole and it made swinging the club miserable. I taped it up but it was pretty sore so I stopped at 9.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Callaway Firm vs. Stiff 5 minutes ago
- › LPGA CME Champ: Lydia Ko 5 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 13 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 19 minutes ago
- › question about adding weight to your irons - lead tape vs. heavy... 19 minutes ago
- › What is your best shot ever played?? 19 minutes ago
- › Fantasy golf 23 minutes ago
- › My Swing (dylan006) 36 minutes ago
- › Do Slow Players Know They're Slow? 37 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2014 Fall Outing December 7th Empire Lakes 42 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes