Tough weekend to say the least. Played in Member-Guest at MidPac CC Saturday. Shot 44-54. Ugh. Sunday played at Waialae CC and shot 46-47. Better play but number of three putts and errant shot on 18 cost me from breaking 90. A meager goal with a 13.4 index.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 638
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I had my best round ever, I shot 75 off the stick which was 9 over par on a short course with cored greens.
I had never been in single figures over par and was 10over with the last hole to play.
It was a 348m slight dogleg to the left a little bit uphill which is the second hardest hole on the course.. I hit my hybrid off the tee and smacked it dead straight to 146m (range finder distance). This left me with an 8 iron to go. there was a slight breeze from the left of the green which and I aimed at the left edge of the green and hit it sweet. It faded with the wind and looked like it was going to be close to the pin.
Due to the slight uphill slope as I walked towards the green I could not see the ball and assumed it had rolled off the back.
As I got close I was pretty happy! I was about 2 feet from the pin and sunk a simple birdie putt to get to 9 over.
This is probably my best played hole ever, I would not change a thing.
I am now off 15 so I dropped a stroke today.
For me, this is a no-brainer! If I am directly behind the offending group with open holes ahead........I skip right on past! If they won't let my group through, we go AROUND!
Sweet Brown said it best.... "Ain't nobody got time for THAT!"
Just in case you don't remember SWEET BROWN...LOL
Edited by BuckeyeNut - 11/5/13 at 9:24pm
6610 yds. 71.1/121 home course.
77 with TWO DOUBLES, a bogey, and 15 pars. Really just one bad swing and one somewhat unlucky unplayable lie, barely off the fairway, that led to the doubles.
Worth noting for the "ball-striking/GIR vs short game" discussions....... I Hit 11 greens. Didn't really putt horribly, but certainly not well. Had 5 birdie putts under 10 feet and couldn't get any of them into the hole.
On Wednesday, I played at Palmetto Golf Course, CR 70.3/123 slope. I shot a 107 not bad, continuously improving which is what matters. This course isn't where it should be, the fairways are not the best, the greens on the other hand are really good, not fast and not slow, just right! I like the course, it's near home and has treated me very good. I am still having issues with my long game while my short game is becoming very good. Most of my chips are near the hole and I am 1 and 2 putting regardless of distance to the hole.
Shot a 40 on the front, it was a par 36, 5 par's 4 bogeys. Only able to play 6 holes on the back over booked course again and got dark, but a this was a par 23 I shot a 26.
Bad part is my son will be trying out for school at this course so we will be playing it again for the next couple week.
Rancho San Joaquin Golf Course
This was yesterday. Would have played better, but was unable to warm up and hit balls. Haven't swung a golf club very much lately.
Belmont Country Club
par 72 rate 72.5 slope 135
front 39 back 39 = 78
I think I'm going to have to have some lessons on just putting, I had 3 birdies on the round but missed at least 5 other very makeable birdie putts as well, my ball striking is really coming on and I'm just feeling more confident now than ever before.\ just knocking down flags these days. There just seems to be something missing in the way I'm seeing putts and or routine, but I just know I can putt better than I am right now I know I have good touch it's just not finding itself in my stroke.
Played in a charity scramble at the local goat pasture. Veteran's Day......Toys for Tots. No way to turn it down.
The usual mess.......2 decent players, one 18ish hcp, and one guy that hadn't touched a club all year and was carrying 20 year-old Wilson Staff Blades......including the butter knife. Shot 63 and didn't crack the top 5. 55 won, on overseeded greens that hadn't been cut yet. Right.....
God, I hate those things....... Nice day to be out on the course rather than at work though.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 2015 WGC - Bridgestone Invitational Discussion Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Lost Ball Rule is Stupid 36 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015) 41 minutes ago
- › How to Grip a Golf Club, Commonalities of a Functional Golf Grip 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Ball Actually "Pinched" Against Ground or Not 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › My Swing (mslice15) 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › What would Tiger Woods need to do to become #1 Greatest Golfer? 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › How many balls did you lose today? 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Pulling 3-hybrid (hitting left), I hit my 3-wood straight, Time for... 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Mark Broadie Dispels Some Golf Myths 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes