Tough weekend to say the least. Played in Member-Guest at MidPac CC Saturday. Shot 44-54. Ugh. Sunday played at Waialae CC and shot 46-47. Better play but number of three putts and errant shot on 18 cost me from breaking 90. A meager goal with a 13.4 index.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 4:25 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
*dozen came with my SkyTrak purchase. Played a full round with e6 today. Driving and iron shots were straighter then normal. Not as soft as some of the other premium balls. I'm testing about 5-6...
It's like having a Mercedes Benz that stalls at every stop light. Such beauty, all things wonderful....but that one annoying feature that drives you crazy. Ping makes great products. If you're...
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 638
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I had my best round ever, I shot 75 off the stick which was 9 over par on a short course with cored greens.
I had never been in single figures over par and was 10over with the last hole to play.
It was a 348m slight dogleg to the left a little bit uphill which is the second hardest hole on the course.. I hit my hybrid off the tee and smacked it dead straight to 146m (range finder distance). This left me with an 8 iron to go. there was a slight breeze from the left of the green which and I aimed at the left edge of the green and hit it sweet. It faded with the wind and looked like it was going to be close to the pin.
Due to the slight uphill slope as I walked towards the green I could not see the ball and assumed it had rolled off the back.
As I got close I was pretty happy! I was about 2 feet from the pin and sunk a simple birdie putt to get to 9 over.
This is probably my best played hole ever, I would not change a thing.
I am now off 15 so I dropped a stroke today.
For me, this is a no-brainer! If I am directly behind the offending group with open holes ahead........I skip right on past! If they won't let my group through, we go AROUND!
Sweet Brown said it best.... "Ain't nobody got time for THAT!"
Just in case you don't remember SWEET BROWN...LOL
Edited by BuckeyeNut - 11/5/13 at 9:24pm
6610 yds. 71.1/121 home course.
77 with TWO DOUBLES, a bogey, and 15 pars. Really just one bad swing and one somewhat unlucky unplayable lie, barely off the fairway, that led to the doubles.
Worth noting for the "ball-striking/GIR vs short game" discussions....... I Hit 11 greens. Didn't really putt horribly, but certainly not well. Had 5 birdie putts under 10 feet and couldn't get any of them into the hole.
On Wednesday, I played at Palmetto Golf Course, CR 70.3/123 slope. I shot a 107 not bad, continuously improving which is what matters. This course isn't where it should be, the fairways are not the best, the greens on the other hand are really good, not fast and not slow, just right! I like the course, it's near home and has treated me very good. I am still having issues with my long game while my short game is becoming very good. Most of my chips are near the hole and I am 1 and 2 putting regardless of distance to the hole.
Shot a 40 on the front, it was a par 36, 5 par's 4 bogeys. Only able to play 6 holes on the back over booked course again and got dark, but a this was a par 23 I shot a 26.
Bad part is my son will be trying out for school at this course so we will be playing it again for the next couple week.
Rancho San Joaquin Golf Course
This was yesterday. Would have played better, but was unable to warm up and hit balls. Haven't swung a golf club very much lately.
Belmont Country Club
par 72 rate 72.5 slope 135
front 39 back 39 = 78
I think I'm going to have to have some lessons on just putting, I had 3 birdies on the round but missed at least 5 other very makeable birdie putts as well, my ball striking is really coming on and I'm just feeling more confident now than ever before.\ just knocking down flags these days. There just seems to be something missing in the way I'm seeing putts and or routine, but I just know I can putt better than I am right now I know I have good touch it's just not finding itself in my stroke.
Played in a charity scramble at the local goat pasture. Veteran's Day......Toys for Tots. No way to turn it down.
The usual mess.......2 decent players, one 18ish hcp, and one guy that hadn't touched a club all year and was carrying 20 year-old Wilson Staff Blades......including the butter knife. Shot 63 and didn't crack the top 5. 55 won, on overseeded greens that hadn't been cut yet. Right.....
God, I hate those things....... Nice day to be out on the course rather than at work though.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Amount of practice before a round. 7 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015) 12 minutes ago
- › Volvik Golf Balls... Yours FREE! 14 minutes ago
- › What will you watch more of? Wentworth or Colonial. *VOTE* 15 minutes ago
- › Playing Golf with Someone Carrying a Weapon 20 minutes ago
- › How To Improve My Handicap in 21 Days... 22 minutes ago
- › Ping ISI Iron set (stainless) 3-SW 25 minutes ago
- › My Swing (saevel25) 28 minutes ago
- › Claim Chowder: Rory has another Decade (or has to change his swing) 31 minutes ago
- › Bogey Golfers Only (HI From 16-22)/Breaking 90 Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone e6 by mcat12
- › PING Hoofer by Vinsk
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest