Tough weekend to say the least. Played in Member-Guest at MidPac CC Saturday. Shot 44-54. Ugh. Sunday played at Waialae CC and shot 46-47. Better play but number of three putts and errant shot on 18 cost me from breaking 90. A meager goal with a 13.4 index.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I thought the book was well thought out. It dispels some long held myths about the golf game, but also shows you why they are myths instead of just telling you. It really takes game management...
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 638
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I had my best round ever, I shot 75 off the stick which was 9 over par on a short course with cored greens.
I had never been in single figures over par and was 10over with the last hole to play.
It was a 348m slight dogleg to the left a little bit uphill which is the second hardest hole on the course.. I hit my hybrid off the tee and smacked it dead straight to 146m (range finder distance). This left me with an 8 iron to go. there was a slight breeze from the left of the green which and I aimed at the left edge of the green and hit it sweet. It faded with the wind and looked like it was going to be close to the pin.
Due to the slight uphill slope as I walked towards the green I could not see the ball and assumed it had rolled off the back.
As I got close I was pretty happy! I was about 2 feet from the pin and sunk a simple birdie putt to get to 9 over.
This is probably my best played hole ever, I would not change a thing.
I am now off 15 so I dropped a stroke today.
For me, this is a no-brainer! If I am directly behind the offending group with open holes ahead........I skip right on past! If they won't let my group through, we go AROUND!
Sweet Brown said it best.... "Ain't nobody got time for THAT!"
Just in case you don't remember SWEET BROWN...LOL
Edited by BuckeyeNut - 11/5/13 at 9:24pm
6610 yds. 71.1/121 home course.
77 with TWO DOUBLES, a bogey, and 15 pars. Really just one bad swing and one somewhat unlucky unplayable lie, barely off the fairway, that led to the doubles.
Worth noting for the "ball-striking/GIR vs short game" discussions....... I Hit 11 greens. Didn't really putt horribly, but certainly not well. Had 5 birdie putts under 10 feet and couldn't get any of them into the hole.
On Wednesday, I played at Palmetto Golf Course, CR 70.3/123 slope. I shot a 107 not bad, continuously improving which is what matters. This course isn't where it should be, the fairways are not the best, the greens on the other hand are really good, not fast and not slow, just right! I like the course, it's near home and has treated me very good. I am still having issues with my long game while my short game is becoming very good. Most of my chips are near the hole and I am 1 and 2 putting regardless of distance to the hole.
Shot a 40 on the front, it was a par 36, 5 par's 4 bogeys. Only able to play 6 holes on the back over booked course again and got dark, but a this was a par 23 I shot a 26.
Bad part is my son will be trying out for school at this course so we will be playing it again for the next couple week.
Rancho San Joaquin Golf Course
This was yesterday. Would have played better, but was unable to warm up and hit balls. Haven't swung a golf club very much lately.
Belmont Country Club
par 72 rate 72.5 slope 135
front 39 back 39 = 78
I think I'm going to have to have some lessons on just putting, I had 3 birdies on the round but missed at least 5 other very makeable birdie putts as well, my ball striking is really coming on and I'm just feeling more confident now than ever before.\ just knocking down flags these days. There just seems to be something missing in the way I'm seeing putts and or routine, but I just know I can putt better than I am right now I know I have good touch it's just not finding itself in my stroke.
Played in a charity scramble at the local goat pasture. Veteran's Day......Toys for Tots. No way to turn it down.
The usual mess.......2 decent players, one 18ish hcp, and one guy that hadn't touched a club all year and was carrying 20 year-old Wilson Staff Blades......including the butter knife. Shot 63 and didn't crack the top 5. 55 won, on overseeded greens that hadn't been cut yet. Right.....
God, I hate those things....... Nice day to be out on the course rather than at work though.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Sketchers commercials with Matt Kuchar 59 seconds ago
- › RIP Leonard Nimoy 5 minutes ago
- › A Golfer's Good and Bad Swings Look the Same - They're Repeatable... 7 minutes ago
- › NJ Golf Show 2015 17 minutes ago
- › Favorite TV Show(s) 34 minutes ago
- › The Films and Movies Thread 36 minutes ago
- › NFL Football 2015 Edition 41 minutes ago
- › Do I need to be more flexible?? 46 minutes ago
- › My swing (anderjam) 47 minutes ago
- › Best Course to play outside of the United States 55 minutes ago
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by oregongolfguy
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes