Tough weekend to say the least. Played in Member-Guest at MidPac CC Saturday. Shot 44-54. Ugh. Sunday played at Waialae CC and shot 46-47. Better play but number of three putts and errant shot on 18 cost me from breaking 90. A meager goal with a 13.4 index.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
New this year from True Linkswear is the TRUE motion. Set at $119.95, it is a step up from last years TRUE vegas shoe. From True Linkswear: The Motion was inspired by the popular TRUE street...
This is a very solid belt. A little wider than what I normally wear for golf, but that's more a commentary on my lack of style, than on the belt itself. Nice supple leather that needs no...
River Forest CC is my home course. This is a shorter course but don't be fooled by the lack of length. The greens are small and the fairways are tight. The layout of the course is fair, but you...
In my opinion, they are an excellent grip for both players who use gloves and those who do not. I really like the feel of the "reduced taper" which gives my lower hand a positive feel. The top...
Bought 4 dozen of these when they on sale and I got a really good deal on the balls and I have used them this week playing 4 rounds. I really enjoyed using the ball and did not feel a huge...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 638
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I had my best round ever, I shot 75 off the stick which was 9 over par on a short course with cored greens.
I had never been in single figures over par and was 10over with the last hole to play.
It was a 348m slight dogleg to the left a little bit uphill which is the second hardest hole on the course.. I hit my hybrid off the tee and smacked it dead straight to 146m (range finder distance). This left me with an 8 iron to go. there was a slight breeze from the left of the green which and I aimed at the left edge of the green and hit it sweet. It faded with the wind and looked like it was going to be close to the pin.
Due to the slight uphill slope as I walked towards the green I could not see the ball and assumed it had rolled off the back.
As I got close I was pretty happy! I was about 2 feet from the pin and sunk a simple birdie putt to get to 9 over.
This is probably my best played hole ever, I would not change a thing.
I am now off 15 so I dropped a stroke today.
For me, this is a no-brainer! If I am directly behind the offending group with open holes ahead........I skip right on past! If they won't let my group through, we go AROUND!
Sweet Brown said it best.... "Ain't nobody got time for THAT!"
Just in case you don't remember SWEET BROWN...LOL
Edited by BuckeyeNut - 11/5/13 at 9:24pm
6610 yds. 71.1/121 home course.
77 with TWO DOUBLES, a bogey, and 15 pars. Really just one bad swing and one somewhat unlucky unplayable lie, barely off the fairway, that led to the doubles.
Worth noting for the "ball-striking/GIR vs short game" discussions....... I Hit 11 greens. Didn't really putt horribly, but certainly not well. Had 5 birdie putts under 10 feet and couldn't get any of them into the hole.
On Wednesday, I played at Palmetto Golf Course, CR 70.3/123 slope. I shot a 107 not bad, continuously improving which is what matters. This course isn't where it should be, the fairways are not the best, the greens on the other hand are really good, not fast and not slow, just right! I like the course, it's near home and has treated me very good. I am still having issues with my long game while my short game is becoming very good. Most of my chips are near the hole and I am 1 and 2 putting regardless of distance to the hole.
Shot a 40 on the front, it was a par 36, 5 par's 4 bogeys. Only able to play 6 holes on the back over booked course again and got dark, but a this was a par 23 I shot a 26.
Bad part is my son will be trying out for school at this course so we will be playing it again for the next couple week.
Rancho San Joaquin Golf Course
This was yesterday. Would have played better, but was unable to warm up and hit balls. Haven't swung a golf club very much lately.
Belmont Country Club
par 72 rate 72.5 slope 135
front 39 back 39 = 78
I think I'm going to have to have some lessons on just putting, I had 3 birdies on the round but missed at least 5 other very makeable birdie putts as well, my ball striking is really coming on and I'm just feeling more confident now than ever before.\ just knocking down flags these days. There just seems to be something missing in the way I'm seeing putts and or routine, but I just know I can putt better than I am right now I know I have good touch it's just not finding itself in my stroke.
Played in a charity scramble at the local goat pasture. Veteran's Day......Toys for Tots. No way to turn it down.
The usual mess.......2 decent players, one 18ish hcp, and one guy that hadn't touched a club all year and was carrying 20 year-old Wilson Staff Blades......including the butter knife. Shot 63 and didn't crack the top 5. 55 won, on overseeded greens that hadn't been cut yet. Right.....
God, I hate those things....... Nice day to be out on the course rather than at work though.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 2015 Shenzhen China Intl Open (Euro Tour) 46 seconds ago
- › How to transition practice 9 minutes ago
- › Average Distances... How far do you hit each club? and don't lie... 11 minutes ago
- › Forward Press to Start Swing 15 minutes ago
- › Pics From Augusta National 15 minutes ago
- › What Are Your 2015 Golf Goals? Official Thread 15 minutes ago
- › How many different clubs do you use around the greens? 22 minutes ago
- › Nasty People Abound On Some Forums 24 minutes ago
- › Quit or continue (based on time and skill...) 26 minutes ago
- › How fast do you play? 38 minutes ago
- › True Linkswear TRUE motion by boogielicious
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by David in FL
- › Freeport, PA by dfreuter415
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by Club Rat
- › Srixon Z-Star XV by Tgb02
- › Talon Golf Glove by Jakester23
- › Cobra Men's Bio Cell Driver by Uncle Peter
- › George Wright Golf Course by Back 9 Bandit
- › PING Glide Wedges by Golfingdad
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Shindig
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest