Tough weekend to say the least. Played in Member-Guest at MidPac CC Saturday. Shot 44-54. Ugh. Sunday played at Waialae CC and shot 46-47. Better play but number of three putts and errant shot on 18 cost me from breaking 90. A meager goal with a 13.4 index.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 6/7/15 at 10:01am in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
So I was ordering some stuff online from Golfsmith and my order was a few dollars shy of qualifying for free shipping. Added a Snake Eyes leather glove to my order because it was cheap but still...
Bought this net from Walmart to make better use of my home practice time. The net was easy to assemble, disassemble, and stow away when not in use. The indoor stand was a bit flimsy and requires...
Yes, these are the grips that the most interesting golfer in the world uses on his clubs. While the Mechanic has aced a few holes with this grip in his hands, read on to see if these grips will fit...
For the last few years, I've worn the Next Belt, which is essentially identical to the Mission belt. Instead of the holes you find on a standard belt, the Mission belt uses a ratchet system. The...
Over the last few rounds I've been able to play the Snell My Tour golf ball, and at this point, I'd go so far as to say that it is my ball of choice. Even though I play right around a 9 handicap, I...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 638
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I had my best round ever, I shot 75 off the stick which was 9 over par on a short course with cored greens.
I had never been in single figures over par and was 10over with the last hole to play.
It was a 348m slight dogleg to the left a little bit uphill which is the second hardest hole on the course.. I hit my hybrid off the tee and smacked it dead straight to 146m (range finder distance). This left me with an 8 iron to go. there was a slight breeze from the left of the green which and I aimed at the left edge of the green and hit it sweet. It faded with the wind and looked like it was going to be close to the pin.
Due to the slight uphill slope as I walked towards the green I could not see the ball and assumed it had rolled off the back.
As I got close I was pretty happy! I was about 2 feet from the pin and sunk a simple birdie putt to get to 9 over.
This is probably my best played hole ever, I would not change a thing.
I am now off 15 so I dropped a stroke today.
For me, this is a no-brainer! If I am directly behind the offending group with open holes ahead........I skip right on past! If they won't let my group through, we go AROUND!
Sweet Brown said it best.... "Ain't nobody got time for THAT!"
Just in case you don't remember SWEET BROWN...LOL
Edited by BuckeyeNut - 11/5/13 at 9:24pm
6610 yds. 71.1/121 home course.
77 with TWO DOUBLES, a bogey, and 15 pars. Really just one bad swing and one somewhat unlucky unplayable lie, barely off the fairway, that led to the doubles.
Worth noting for the "ball-striking/GIR vs short game" discussions....... I Hit 11 greens. Didn't really putt horribly, but certainly not well. Had 5 birdie putts under 10 feet and couldn't get any of them into the hole.
On Wednesday, I played at Palmetto Golf Course, CR 70.3/123 slope. I shot a 107 not bad, continuously improving which is what matters. This course isn't where it should be, the fairways are not the best, the greens on the other hand are really good, not fast and not slow, just right! I like the course, it's near home and has treated me very good. I am still having issues with my long game while my short game is becoming very good. Most of my chips are near the hole and I am 1 and 2 putting regardless of distance to the hole.
Shot a 40 on the front, it was a par 36, 5 par's 4 bogeys. Only able to play 6 holes on the back over booked course again and got dark, but a this was a par 23 I shot a 26.
Bad part is my son will be trying out for school at this course so we will be playing it again for the next couple week.
Rancho San Joaquin Golf Course
This was yesterday. Would have played better, but was unable to warm up and hit balls. Haven't swung a golf club very much lately.
Belmont Country Club
par 72 rate 72.5 slope 135
front 39 back 39 = 78
I think I'm going to have to have some lessons on just putting, I had 3 birdies on the round but missed at least 5 other very makeable birdie putts as well, my ball striking is really coming on and I'm just feeling more confident now than ever before.\ just knocking down flags these days. There just seems to be something missing in the way I'm seeing putts and or routine, but I just know I can putt better than I am right now I know I have good touch it's just not finding itself in my stroke.
Played in a charity scramble at the local goat pasture. Veteran's Day......Toys for Tots. No way to turn it down.
The usual mess.......2 decent players, one 18ish hcp, and one guy that hadn't touched a club all year and was carrying 20 year-old Wilson Staff Blades......including the butter knife. Shot 63 and didn't crack the top 5. 55 won, on overseeded greens that hadn't been cut yet. Right.....
God, I hate those things....... Nice day to be out on the course rather than at work though.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Dayton, OH 6 seconds ago
- › TST Fantasy Golf 2015 1 minute ago
- › Tiger Woods Accused of Cheating With Amanda Dufner 2 minutes ago
- › Should Jordan Spieth Play The John Deere Or Go To St. Andrews? 4 minutes ago
- › Alignment issue, ball goes right ! 10 minutes ago
- › What is really wrong with Tiger Woods? 13 minutes ago
- › 2015 Greenbrier Classic Discussion Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Donald Trump for president? 31 minutes ago
- › How many courses have you played? 37 minutes ago
- › Aspartame, High Fructose Corn, Raw Cane Sugar... 56 minutes ago
- › Snake Eyes Mens Leather Golf Glove by SavvySwede
- › Club Champ Multi-Sport Quik Net by SavvySwede
- › Lamkin Wrap-Tech Grip by Mr. Desmond
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by tristanhilton85
- › Snell Golf My Tour Ball by tristanhilton85
- › Sun Mountain Reflex Cart by Valleygolfer
- › Snell Golf Get Sum by newtogolf
- › ProAm by Morkin
- › PING G30 Driver by Mac62
- › Winn Dri-Tac Dark Gray Oversize Grip (+1/8 in.) by Mac62
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes