I went back to Palmetto golf course yesterday, shot a 103, 2 stroke improvement on the same course. I am really happy about that. My drives were descent but on the last few holes I just started slicing it and couldn't figure out why. I finally got a par on a par 3 and had 2 GIR which I am super excited about.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 11/20/14 at 1:23pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Great all-around ball - good length, checks-up on shots to green, and arguable helps with a straighter flight. Totally disagree with comment that ball is "too pricey" - [less than $2.00/ball...
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 639
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
(Actually on Monday . . . )
Shot my best ever 18 hole round - 86. 44 on the front 42 on the back. Lots of pars, no birdies dropped, too many doubles and a triple (with an OB). Course was Pecan Hollow Golf Course in Plano, TX ("Player's" tees at 68.9/118). I haven't really played since the end of August (and not well then), so I was very pleased.
Tried to fiddle with some things on the course (good idea it was not) and started the round with double bogey, quadruple bogey (is that even a thing - 9 on a par 5), another quadruple bogey (8 on a par 4), bogey'd a par 3, and put up another 9 on a par 5. Suffice to say, starting the round by scoring 15 over par on the first 5 holes was not what I envisioned.
Shot a 22 over par on the front 9 (58 on a par 36).
Decided to just do what had been working for me on the back nine and got 2 pars, 3 bogeys, 3 double bogeys, and a 1 triple bogey for a 12 over par.
For me, shooting under 50 (48 on par 36) on the back felt great. I'm sure a lot of people here wouldn't feel so great about throwing up that kind of number on the back 9 but I was very pleased at my recovery.
My goal right now.is to try and consistently shoot under 100 so anytime I put up a 50 or less on the front or back, I'm happy.
So, overall, shot a 106 on a par 72 wasn't terrible (for me, anyway).
I won't even go into the course details, but suffice it to say I shot 88 yesterday. 25 mph winds......gusts higher, but that's really no excuse. Just a mess of a day.
Gonna get back on the horse today before going away for the weekend. Gotta get the taste of yesterday's round out of my mouth!
Miami Springs CR 69.6/116 - 113
Most disappointing 113 I could shoot! (Normally, I'd be satisfied with that score) 65-48, 38 putts. Went off the back 9 first, as a single. Passed a couple of groups, and then the rain started. I should have stopped playing, but I pushed on. The three 'rain holes' I had were 9, 10, 8. Everything else was 7 or under, including a birdie on the last It was a LONG birdie putt, too. probably 25 feet. And I KNEW I was gonna make it, too. Funny how that works!
Still looking for that sub-100 round. I know it's in me somewhere. And it's close!
Score aside, I was striking my irons better than ever, and the driver wasn't awful.
The 48 on the back, and the long bird on the last really were nice to end it.
Belmont Country Club
Back nine couldn't hit a ball of the tee to save my life. Either chunked the ball or hit it thin. It helped me have five penalty strokes after having none on the front nine.
The only thing that felt good consistently was my short iron and wedge full swings.
An absolutely abysmal day otherwise.
Back at it tomorrow/Sunday.
Rutgers today, shot 96. Great weather for November. Had a few consistency problems with my long game, but that's in transition, so I expected it.
Short game was solid today. I think I only made one or two mistakes and even managed to hit six shots inside 4' (one was out of a bunker). I only made three of those putts, though (I made the sandy), so needless to say, had a fairly poor putting day.
Five fairways hit, one GIR, nine errant tee shots that cost me strokes. Definitely felt like I could have made more of the round, but I don't play often enough to shake off the rust. I'll take the 96.
Big addition is my RBZ Stage 2 Hybrid 3. It's super easy to hit off the deck. Big help on par 5s and after I've screwed the driver off the tee
Its a month since my last game.I was as rusty as hell.only 1 fairway hit all day and only 4 g.i.r.
my iron play got me out of a lot of trouble.I somehow managed to get through 17 holes without a double bogey,then I finished with a triple.I
I finished 3 over my handicap,but it felt much worse.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 3 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 9 minutes ago
- › question about adding weight to your irons - lead tape vs. heavy... 9 minutes ago
- › What is your best shot ever played?? 9 minutes ago
- › Fantasy golf 13 minutes ago
- › Callaway Firm vs. Stiff 16 minutes ago
- › My Swing (dylan006) 26 minutes ago
- › Do Slow Players Know They're Slow? 27 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2014 Fall Outing December 7th Empire Lakes 32 minutes ago
- › Is Distance Really That Important for Amateurs? 35 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes