I went back to Palmetto golf course yesterday, shot a 103, 2 stroke improvement on the same course. I am really happy about that. My drives were descent but on the last few holes I just started slicing it and couldn't figure out why. I finally got a par on a par 3 and had 2 GIR which I am super excited about.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 639
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
(Actually on Monday . . . )
Shot my best ever 18 hole round - 86. 44 on the front 42 on the back. Lots of pars, no birdies dropped, too many doubles and a triple (with an OB). Course was Pecan Hollow Golf Course in Plano, TX ("Player's" tees at 68.9/118). I haven't really played since the end of August (and not well then), so I was very pleased.
Tried to fiddle with some things on the course (good idea it was not) and started the round with double bogey, quadruple bogey (is that even a thing - 9 on a par 5), another quadruple bogey (8 on a par 4), bogey'd a par 3, and put up another 9 on a par 5. Suffice to say, starting the round by scoring 15 over par on the first 5 holes was not what I envisioned.
Shot a 22 over par on the front 9 (58 on a par 36).
Decided to just do what had been working for me on the back nine and got 2 pars, 3 bogeys, 3 double bogeys, and a 1 triple bogey for a 12 over par.
For me, shooting under 50 (48 on par 36) on the back felt great. I'm sure a lot of people here wouldn't feel so great about throwing up that kind of number on the back 9 but I was very pleased at my recovery.
My goal right now.is to try and consistently shoot under 100 so anytime I put up a 50 or less on the front or back, I'm happy.
So, overall, shot a 106 on a par 72 wasn't terrible (for me, anyway).
I won't even go into the course details, but suffice it to say I shot 88 yesterday. 25 mph winds......gusts higher, but that's really no excuse. Just a mess of a day.
Gonna get back on the horse today before going away for the weekend. Gotta get the taste of yesterday's round out of my mouth!
Miami Springs CR 69.6/116 - 113
Most disappointing 113 I could shoot! (Normally, I'd be satisfied with that score) 65-48, 38 putts. Went off the back 9 first, as a single. Passed a couple of groups, and then the rain started. I should have stopped playing, but I pushed on. The three 'rain holes' I had were 9, 10, 8. Everything else was 7 or under, including a birdie on the last It was a LONG birdie putt, too. probably 25 feet. And I KNEW I was gonna make it, too. Funny how that works!
Still looking for that sub-100 round. I know it's in me somewhere. And it's close!
Score aside, I was striking my irons better than ever, and the driver wasn't awful.
The 48 on the back, and the long bird on the last really were nice to end it.
Belmont Country Club
Back nine couldn't hit a ball of the tee to save my life. Either chunked the ball or hit it thin. It helped me have five penalty strokes after having none on the front nine.
The only thing that felt good consistently was my short iron and wedge full swings.
An absolutely abysmal day otherwise.
Back at it tomorrow/Sunday.
Rutgers today, shot 96. Great weather for November. Had a few consistency problems with my long game, but that's in transition, so I expected it.
Short game was solid today. I think I only made one or two mistakes and even managed to hit six shots inside 4' (one was out of a bunker). I only made three of those putts, though (I made the sandy), so needless to say, had a fairly poor putting day.
Five fairways hit, one GIR, nine errant tee shots that cost me strokes. Definitely felt like I could have made more of the round, but I don't play often enough to shake off the rust. I'll take the 96.
Big addition is my RBZ Stage 2 Hybrid 3. It's super easy to hit off the deck. Big help on par 5s and after I've screwed the driver off the tee
Its a month since my last game.I was as rusty as hell.only 1 fairway hit all day and only 4 g.i.r.
my iron play got me out of a lot of trouble.I somehow managed to get through 17 holes without a double bogey,then I finished with a triple.I
I finished 3 over my handicap,but it felt much worse.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 2015 WGC - Bridgestone Invitational Discussion Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Lost Ball Rule is Stupid 36 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015) 41 minutes ago
- › How to Grip a Golf Club, Commonalities of a Functional Golf Grip 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Ball Actually "Pinched" Against Ground or Not 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › My Swing (mslice15) 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › What would Tiger Woods need to do to become #1 Greatest Golfer? 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › How many balls did you lose today? 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Pulling 3-hybrid (hitting left), I hit my 3-wood straight, Time for... 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Mark Broadie Dispels Some Golf Myths 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes