..and promptly followed that up with a 94...
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Bridgestone E6 – A High Handicappers Look At The E6 First off, thank you Mike and Eric for giving me the opportunity to review the E6 and thanks for the free balls. When I was giving this...
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
I was given a pair of the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoes for the purpose of writing a review. My previous experience with golf shoes is a couple of pairs of FootJoys and a couple of pairs of...
I bought these when I was still playing baseball and considering getting back into golf. Had them for about 8 months and they were decent enough and they worked. After about 7 ish months though of...
There's probably not much I can say about this book that hasn't already been addressed in either these other reviews or the myriad forums on the website. With that said, let me offer some insights...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 643
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Another crap round 86 front 44 back 42
rate 73.4 slope 137
I'm just getting so frustrated right now, I think I just want my index to go back up to about 7 again so it takes some pressure off, my damn left wrist is killing me every time and I think maybe I should just try a cortisone injection to put a stop to it, I really can't practice with any real focus with this damn thing bugging the crap out of me and it's hurting my scores, I have not broken 80 now for over a month and it's starting to aggravate the "F" out of me.
I played on Sunday at Dauphin Highlands and shot a 91 from the blacks which all in all I am happy with. Golf is such a frustrating game I must say! It seems like I always forget something important I need to do with my swing when I don't play for a while. On Sunday the big deal was tempo. It took me until the 10th whole to figure out that I wasn't pausing at the top like I used to. My swing when from really weak and not accurate to very powerful and putting my second shots 8 feet from the hole. Ugh!
Half of my problem is just remembering things. One other good thing about Sunday was that I used my buddy's putter with a fatso grip and I definitely think a big part of my problem putting is that the thing grip makes me get wristy and with his putter that did not happen. I could control the speed better as well as the direction. That said I bought a Super Stroke Fatso from Dicks and will have that put on! I'm pretty excited!
Out yesterday for 84 47/37. Really weird day, 10 pars, 4 doubles and a triple on the front, triple on the back followed by a birdie. Got paired with an older guy that is an above knee amputee. Really good golfer, told me he has competed in the national amputee tournaments and never done worse than top ten with sub 80's scores in every round. Very inspirational man. Wish I could play today, supposed to be over 60.
Shot a smooth 99 (44-55) yesterday. Waialae is getting ready for the Sony. The rough near the greens ate me alive. Ten feet off #14, (425 yd, par 4) in two. Chunk first chip (still in rough). Three feet off green now and double hit chip across green 30' from pin, now in short rough. three more to get down. An 8. Had three 8's on the back.. Ugh! Painful! How does one do that? Let me count the ways.
Today must of been in the low 80's outside and play was as slow as it could go.
Shot an 81 at Fullerton GC a par 68, missing the par 3 holes again and a few stupid shots but still had fun playing with my son.
Got put with two other guys, one my age (50)? and the other had to be 65? both very nice and fun to play with.
I can always tell how guys will be by how they interact with my son. Over all just a fun day in sorry East Coast guys in Sunny CA.
76 front 38 back 38
par 72 rate 70.5 slope 131 indexed 4.8
Finally had a decent scoring round, However I had to move to the forward tees but it still finally came together, I was paired with a friend of mine and a couple of really nice elderly gentlemen and I didn't want to disrupt the whole group mojo thing. One of the par 5's plays so differently I can actually hit driver off these tees and carry the ravine/environmental hazard and only have 150 to the green, because of the severe downslope my drive measured out to 354 . also had to post off of 13 holes because daylight went away but I was only 2 over at that point so I feel pretty confident.
Forecast for today was 49 degrees and a chance of rain starting at around 2:00 o'clock so I decided to play. Bad idea!!!!! (Damned weathermen).
Turned out it never made it to 40 degrees and hard wind AND rain from the start of the round at 10:00 o'clock. (Miserable).
We decided to only play nine while on the 7th hole and one guy in the group said "Let's make it 7" but we toughed it out for 9.
Amazingly I shot 1 under for the nine with 1 birdie and no bogies. More amazing I didn't hit my driver very well and only had 4 GIRs, but never missed any of the greens very badly. Chipped very well and putted even better.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Decisions.. Decisions.. Question regarding Irons.. What is the best... 18 seconds ago
- › Should you get penalized for a ball in the fairway? 2 minutes ago
- › AimPoint Green Reading 5 minutes ago
- › Ball markers 7 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 13 minutes ago
- › Should you play tees/courses based soley from driver times 28? 26 minutes ago
- › Help Bill Choose a Golf Ball 40 minutes ago
- › Jack or Tiger: Who's the greatest 49 minutes ago
- › Looking for an instructor in NYC 49 minutes ago
- › My Swing (b101) 51 minutes ago
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by meenman
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by cliffj
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes