On the plus side, the few holes I did well on matched with the ones where I remembered to aim for the center of the green.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 12/20/14 at 12:33pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
I bought this cart after deciding that paying $4 for the lousy pull cart rentals was a sucker's plan with the frequency of my playing golf and at $99, this cart made a ton of sense, financially....
I like to play in cooler weather. What I don't like it bulky outerwear that restricts my golf swing. I searched out a number of lighter weight tops for fall golf. I tried on Oakley, Adidas,...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 648
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
95, with only 4 lost balls from lateral hazards. I got a few pars, but mostly bogie or worse.
My son was 91, missed breaking 90 by one splash on hole 18. Right in the drink. His longest drive, ever, another 30 yards would have put it really close. He also got 2 birdies, and had a 300 yard drive for the first time.
Had a great time playing @hacker101 and his son, we're a team! Nice job to you and your son.
Next time, we'll win!
I tried yesterday but it was too windy for me. Played 3 holes and called it a day but it wasn't going well, missed two short par putts to go +3 in 3. The first 3 holes are lined with homes so wind not as bad but 4-9 are wide open and it was brutal. Pretty much every hole plays south to north from 4-7 and it was blowing hard from the west, would have been to tough to keep balls in play from the tee. I got there early to spend some time on the range because it was nice but the gusts started as soon as I got there. Even hitting the ball low the wind was blowing it 30-40 yards off line. NBD they paired me with some total douches so I was glad to leave.
I played 9 holes on Saturday and 18 on Sunday. None of it was particularly memorable since I'm trying to work on a new move away from the ball that will put me in a more consistent position with a shorter backswing. It's not comfortable yet, but I hit some really good shots and some others that made me wonder why I couldn't keep a single thought in my head for the second it takes to swing the club.
I played with a friend from out of town who I see once a year, so it was all good anyway.
Went and whacked the ball around the course for the first time in a while today. Didn't keep score and hit a lot of extra shots, working on different kinds of shots.
I mostly wanted to see how any of the changes I've attempted to make this winter translated to the course. It was obvious from the start that the changes made it much more likely to pull the ball and I hit way too many pulls today.
I think overall I'm on the right track and when I tried to add some extra turn on the backswing it helped my problem with the pulls as the round went along.
Another thing that was off was my feel on short game shots but that was no surprise since I haven't been hitting anything into a green. My carry distances were pretty good but I didn't have much feel for the reaction on the ground. Hopefully that will come back fairly quickly.
All in all it went okay and it was nice to be out playing again.
78/77 ESC 34Front -2 Back44/43 ESC par 72 rate 72.6 slope 135 indexed 3.7
Four of my five birdies came on the front nine, I started of with birdies on the first two holes, I wish I could have been a little more mentally strong to finish what I started but I think I'm starting to see some of the light at the end of the tunnel. I really didn't expect to play this well after not being able to touch a club for two weeks but it all came together nicely. The double and Triple shou;d have never happened but I listened to my partner and went for it on one hole I knew better and then the triple was caused by a lost ball that got found 5 seconds after I hit the provisional.
Random stats I forgot to add
Three different times I was able to stick an iron within 2 feet for birdie today best one was 6 iron from 168.
Today was a good day that 2 under front was my best 9 holes to date, I shot 34 on 9 before but that course was not near as tough.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Body Building Exercises & Supplements Help Build A Brawny Physique 1 minute ago
- › When is a green "clear?" 4 minutes ago
- › From the uk?? I'm after some thoughts! 26 minutes ago
- › You more from by renowned not long 41 minutes ago
- › what forms of golf etiquette do you ignore and why? 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › The Films and Movies Thread 3 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 3 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Bogey Golfers Only (HI From 16-22)/Breaking 90 Thread 3 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Ball on wrong fairway - who has priority? 4 hours, 1 minute ago
- › How far should you hit your 8 iron? 4 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes