On the plus side, the few holes I did well on matched with the ones where I remembered to aim for the center of the green.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 5:34 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
*dozen came with my SkyTrak purchase. Played a full round with e6 today. Driving and iron shots were straighter then normal. Not as soft as some of the other premium balls. I'm testing about 5-6...
It's like having a Mercedes Benz that stalls at every stop light. Such beauty, all things wonderful....but that one annoying feature that drives you crazy. Ping makes great products. If you're...
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 648
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
95, with only 4 lost balls from lateral hazards. I got a few pars, but mostly bogie or worse.
My son was 91, missed breaking 90 by one splash on hole 18. Right in the drink. His longest drive, ever, another 30 yards would have put it really close. He also got 2 birdies, and had a 300 yard drive for the first time.
Had a great time playing @hacker101 and his son, we're a team! Nice job to you and your son.
Next time, we'll win!
I tried yesterday but it was too windy for me. Played 3 holes and called it a day but it wasn't going well, missed two short par putts to go +3 in 3. The first 3 holes are lined with homes so wind not as bad but 4-9 are wide open and it was brutal. Pretty much every hole plays south to north from 4-7 and it was blowing hard from the west, would have been to tough to keep balls in play from the tee. I got there early to spend some time on the range because it was nice but the gusts started as soon as I got there. Even hitting the ball low the wind was blowing it 30-40 yards off line. NBD they paired me with some total douches so I was glad to leave.
I played 9 holes on Saturday and 18 on Sunday. None of it was particularly memorable since I'm trying to work on a new move away from the ball that will put me in a more consistent position with a shorter backswing. It's not comfortable yet, but I hit some really good shots and some others that made me wonder why I couldn't keep a single thought in my head for the second it takes to swing the club.
I played with a friend from out of town who I see once a year, so it was all good anyway.
Went and whacked the ball around the course for the first time in a while today. Didn't keep score and hit a lot of extra shots, working on different kinds of shots.
I mostly wanted to see how any of the changes I've attempted to make this winter translated to the course. It was obvious from the start that the changes made it much more likely to pull the ball and I hit way too many pulls today.
I think overall I'm on the right track and when I tried to add some extra turn on the backswing it helped my problem with the pulls as the round went along.
Another thing that was off was my feel on short game shots but that was no surprise since I haven't been hitting anything into a green. My carry distances were pretty good but I didn't have much feel for the reaction on the ground. Hopefully that will come back fairly quickly.
All in all it went okay and it was nice to be out playing again.
78/77 ESC 34Front -2 Back44/43 ESC par 72 rate 72.6 slope 135 indexed 3.7
Four of my five birdies came on the front nine, I started of with birdies on the first two holes, I wish I could have been a little more mentally strong to finish what I started but I think I'm starting to see some of the light at the end of the tunnel. I really didn't expect to play this well after not being able to touch a club for two weeks but it all came together nicely. The double and Triple shou;d have never happened but I listened to my partner and went for it on one hole I knew better and then the triple was caused by a lost ball that got found 5 seconds after I hit the provisional.
Random stats I forgot to add
Three different times I was able to stick an iron within 2 feet for birdie today best one was 6 iron from 168.
Today was a good day that 2 under front was my best 9 holes to date, I shot 34 on 9 before but that course was not near as tough.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › My Injury sheds light on disabled or aging golfers 24 seconds ago
- › My Swing (saevel25) 5 minutes ago
- › Euros Complain U.S. Fans Too Boozed Up 9 minutes ago
- › Golf Skate Caddy 22 minutes ago
- › Back soreness 25 minutes ago
- › Your favorite burger. 31 minutes ago
- › Repairing green in your putting line 35 minutes ago
- › 2015 Irish Open Thread 49 minutes ago
- › Best day to attend a practice round - for the US Open? 49 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015) 49 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone e6 by mcat12
- › PING Hoofer by Vinsk
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest