80. Birdie on 18 would have been so much more fun if it had been for a 79, but I had 3 birdies in the round, and I've never had more than that. So... all in all, a great round for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I have always enjoyed walking. Always feel much more connected to the round, feel like i can learn the course better etc. However, of late some lower back nerve problems have really slowed me down....
The Garmin G3 is a basic, but very solid GPS unit. This is a model that came out a few years ago and it certainly doesn't have some of the advanced features that its successors have added. But what...
I was very excited to get a chance to review the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoe. When I first checked them out on the Adidas website, I was intrigued by the Boost energy capsules, and I was...
Back in summer 2013, a Bridgestone ballfitting team visited my home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The pair offered us a chance to test our current ball vs. Bridgestone products, and...
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 650
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Today was the first day the course opened after the most recent snow. As you would expect, the course was completely saturated/sloppy and drives were plugging in the fairway.
Stone Canyon: 73.2CR 141slope 39-41=80
I was happy with how I played because the conditions were tough and it's only my 2nd round of the year. I played the course to a length of 6,633 and it felt like 7,633yds. LOL I didn't make any birdies, but I holed everything around the cup. I had a few bad lags and holed all the knee knockers.
88 front 46 back 42 rate 73.7 slope 139 indexd 11.9
Well just a day I think I would rather forget.
Nothing went right with my game today everything was just blah from start until the 14th hole then I parred in from there.
Not going to bother any other stats just because I want to forget today happened and get ready for the Nor Cal outing at Poppy Ridge. Seriously thinking about buying that SLDR driver on Ebay just depends on when I go back to work.
81 on a 6403 yard 70.1/124. Realized how my fitness and flexibility need to improve if I'm going to consistently go sub-80. I shot a 39 on the front, and it would have probably been lower if I didn't make the hero play and try to carry my 3W 240 over water to a 280 yard par 4. I missed several birdie putts from 10-15 feet, so I could've gone lower and broken 80 for the first time. 42 on the back with LOTS of scrambling because of errant drives and skulled approach shots. Putted and pitched my butt off to save that 42. I haven't walked 18 in a while and I plan on doing it from now on when I play solo. Add that in with some flex/resistance training, a diet, and other cardio work and I hope to get my HDCP below 10 before summer's out.
Shot 83 - I'm okay with it... Had a grip put on my putter yesterday and forgot to put it back in my bag... had to use a 32 inch ping answer (same length as my putter) and boy did I forget how good those feel! I forget that my mallet has such a damped muted feel to it.. my distance control was great all day.
PS... Eagled 17! driver, six iron to 6 feet! It was windy all day but the wind was behind us, so that helped.
In spite of the nice weather today, I had no golf plans because my daughter had her end of year Cheerleading banquet from 1-330pm. I ruled out trying to play early because it was cold overnight with frost. It was a sunny pleasant day with a high of 58 degrees as I left the banquet when it occurred to me it is daylight savings time and there is plenty of daylight left!!!!! I teed off at 410pm and was finished by 520pm!! I probably had time to finish 18, but I have the day off tomorrow and opted to buy some booze and go home instead. LOL I'll probably play at least 27 holes tomorrow!!
Stone Canyon Front 9:
40.........4 over par
3/7 fairways........(I missed 3 by only a couple feet so I felt happy with my driving today)
I was able to scramble to save bogey after driving into a hazard, and my single 3-jack was up a steep slope so I'm not even too upset about that. For early season golf in the Midwest, I'm satisfied because I normally play a lot worse this time of year.
I hit a pitching wedge on the 2nd hole from 65 yds out and actually hit the pin! Then sunk the short 2 foot putt for par. Then on the ninth I knocked in a 25 foot putt to save par!
I couldn't get it off the tee at all but inside 90 yds I felt like a pro. Had 4 one putts and only 1 three putt!
Brave man playing your first competitive round in a mixed couples format. That is often known as "The Divorce Open." Well done, still married and 3rd place!! (yes I understand I am not supposed to comment but this just called for a well done)
for a windy , cold, frozen fairway, golf tees only going in less than an inch, par 3's sucked...etc. I do not think i did too bad for a melon head form Virginia, living in Ohio for 20 years...shot a 96 on 18 with all the glamour you would expect from shooting a whole new bag of irons and driver. shot a 96 50/46
Out for a quick 9 before work. Shot a +5 40 with a 3 putt double, 4 of 6 FIR. Only hit 2 GIR but 2 were inches into the fringe so still putting. My fault for the bad play, a bad club choice led to the double. It hit the green but at the very back and bounced into a bad lie. That green has a year old mower scar (fluid damage) that runs completely across it and I tried to chip past it but didn't so had to putt over it and it funked everything up. I'd have been happy with a 38 or 39.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › The Most Annoying Golf Partners 1 minute ago
- › Should you play tees/courses based solely from driver times 28? 4 minutes ago
- › Pitching in wet, soft, and muddy conditions 4 minutes ago
- › Game Golf iPhone/Android App adds GPS Rangefinder 6 minutes ago
- › Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce 9 minutes ago
- › Forum Profile Handicap Indices.... 14 minutes ago
- › Tiger Passing On Bay Hill, Still Dangling Masters Possibility 15 minutes ago
- › Just joined. 18 minutes ago
- › What is Your Golf Opinion? 19 minutes ago
- › Penalty for Giving Advice After a Round is Complete 21 minutes ago
- › Clicgear Model 3.5+ Push Cart by oregongolfguy
- › Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS by dkolo
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by k-troop
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes