Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 651
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I normally don't post scores for the first month of play coming off a 3 month winter layoff, but decided to post every single round from the first played this year.......LOL
Stone Canyon 73.2CR 141Slope
I hit the ball terrible from the tee....... 4/13 fairways......7GIR(function of bad driving)........35putts
ouch.....I'm sure there will be more where this came from.
It was a pleasant sunny and 70 in KC today!! I was only able to play 9 holes because I took my son bowling, but at least I got to play.
Stone Canyon: Front nine........36.2CR 145slope.........39
I'm not holing any putts yet, but my lag putting was solid today. I didn't have any close looks, so I am happy with all the 2 putt pars. I really only threw away 1 shot. On the last, I needed 3 strokes to get down from the fringe 20ft away. Oh well...... I'm not complaining. My other 2 bogeys were tough up-and-ins so I deserved the scores. All in all....a good day.
Forgot the course stats:
71.4 course rating
Although the rating and slope are for the entire 18, but the back 9 is harder. Front 9 still closed.
Had to really consider it as had 77 on Thursday. But, normal for this time of year.
yesterday could only play 9 but shot a 44 par 37/3209 yds but 70-119 slope rating. They converted a par 4's into one of those par 4/5 the tee boxes are only 10 yds apart. Avg drive 171(using Wilson smart-core cheapo balls), straight but way short, 3gir, 5/7 fairways. the course was littered with balls from years past? with the vegetation gone/dead found a couple Hi-end Pro v's etc. I am 11 strokes better on first three 9 hole rounds of the season compared to last year, at this rate I should be shooting high 70's in may...
49/44 (scored better on the harder course). The 7 I got on the second hole didn't help.
Didn't shoot that great, but at least I got my swing back.
Played the first 5 holes on Brookside course 2 (rated 68.8/122) then the other 13 on course 1 (rated 72.9/130).
Around the 7th hole, I was getting my drives back, then on the 13th I got my 4 iron back again (over hit an uphill green from 182). After this my 8 iron was my 150 club again. Now I can use the MP32 with the stiff KBS. All 6 GIR I got were after the 9th hole, 3 of them with my 8 iron.
Anyone want to buy a set of MP33 with Xstiff KBS and Titleist 735 CM with Rifle 6.5?
47/47 for 94..best march score ever...70/119 slope. nothing to write home about..except... bouncing a 119yd, sky high, wedge shot out of the cup, it went down the flag stick and bounced out of the cup probably 10 feet in the air and landed on the fringe. I have played this course probably 100 times and never saw anything like that. Even the Geese (my gallery) thought it was amazing honk, honk they jeered..closest to a hole in 3 on a par 4 for me..I chipped, and putt, putted the hole for a DB. I also passed a whole crew of Gollums fishing "precious" golf balls out of the castle moat. I already got the pro v1's & others out of the moat last week. ..at least they let me play around them while they were foraging for their Easter eggs...Hurrah for spring.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › New PING Glide Wedges and Cadence Putters 10 minutes ago
- › What if Iron Byron or some other Golf Robot hit all your long shots? 32 minutes ago
- › Rory McIlroy is overrated... 34 minutes ago
- › What color is this dress? 39 minutes ago
- › Rules for a new caddie to learn. 45 minutes ago
- › As Tiger Woods Fades, a Fear That Revenue Will, Too [NYT] 46 minutes ago
- › getting taller at address 51 minutes ago
- › Back surgeries and golf 56 minutes ago
- › Male Scratch Golfer on the LPGA Tour 1 hour ago
- › My Swing (summerhunter726) 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes