Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
After purchasing and being very disappointed with the Taylormade RSI 2 irons, I needed to find an iron set that fit me well and that went along well with my rapidly improving game. I've found this...
Modern’ wedges bear a puzzling similarity to those dating all the way back to the 1950s, the ones Ben Hogan said should not be hit over 40 yards. (This from a man who was known to hit his driver...
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 651
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I normally don't post scores for the first month of play coming off a 3 month winter layoff, but decided to post every single round from the first played this year.......LOL
Stone Canyon 73.2CR 141Slope
I hit the ball terrible from the tee....... 4/13 fairways......7GIR(function of bad driving)........35putts
ouch.....I'm sure there will be more where this came from.
It was a pleasant sunny and 70 in KC today!! I was only able to play 9 holes because I took my son bowling, but at least I got to play.
Stone Canyon: Front nine........36.2CR 145slope.........39
I'm not holing any putts yet, but my lag putting was solid today. I didn't have any close looks, so I am happy with all the 2 putt pars. I really only threw away 1 shot. On the last, I needed 3 strokes to get down from the fringe 20ft away. Oh well...... I'm not complaining. My other 2 bogeys were tough up-and-ins so I deserved the scores. All in all....a good day.
Forgot the course stats:
71.4 course rating
Although the rating and slope are for the entire 18, but the back 9 is harder. Front 9 still closed.
Had to really consider it as had 77 on Thursday. But, normal for this time of year.
yesterday could only play 9 but shot a 44 par 37/3209 yds but 70-119 slope rating. They converted a par 4's into one of those par 4/5 the tee boxes are only 10 yds apart. Avg drive 171(using Wilson smart-core cheapo balls), straight but way short, 3gir, 5/7 fairways. the course was littered with balls from years past? with the vegetation gone/dead found a couple Hi-end Pro v's etc. I am 11 strokes better on first three 9 hole rounds of the season compared to last year, at this rate I should be shooting high 70's in may...
49/44 (scored better on the harder course). The 7 I got on the second hole didn't help.
Didn't shoot that great, but at least I got my swing back.
Played the first 5 holes on Brookside course 2 (rated 68.8/122) then the other 13 on course 1 (rated 72.9/130).
Around the 7th hole, I was getting my drives back, then on the 13th I got my 4 iron back again (over hit an uphill green from 182). After this my 8 iron was my 150 club again. Now I can use the MP32 with the stiff KBS. All 6 GIR I got were after the 9th hole, 3 of them with my 8 iron.
Anyone want to buy a set of MP33 with Xstiff KBS and Titleist 735 CM with Rifle 6.5?
47/47 for 94..best march score ever...70/119 slope. nothing to write home about..except... bouncing a 119yd, sky high, wedge shot out of the cup, it went down the flag stick and bounced out of the cup probably 10 feet in the air and landed on the fringe. I have played this course probably 100 times and never saw anything like that. Even the Geese (my gallery) thought it was amazing honk, honk they jeered..closest to a hole in 3 on a par 4 for me..I chipped, and putt, putted the hole for a DB. I also passed a whole crew of Gollums fishing "precious" golf balls out of the castle moat. I already got the pro v1's & others out of the moat last week. ..at least they let me play around them while they were foraging for their Easter eggs...Hurrah for spring.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Game Golf vs. Rangefinder 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 Deutsche Bank Championship Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shaft/Club advice 9 minutes ago
- › How much golf is "too much" for your wife? 14 minutes ago
- › Are new clubs being introduced to quickly? 45 minutes ago
- › My Swing (amoline) 51 minutes ago
- › My Swing (DuffMcGee) 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Does the "hot-hand fallacy" apply to golf? 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Am I within my rights to return this? or am I being stupid 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone J15 Dual Pocket Forged Irons 4-PW by bjwestner
- › Ben Hogan Golf Men's TK1561TVS Sand Wedge, Right Hand, Steel,... by bmartin461
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes