45 - 38. Really must start to warm up before playing!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 12:33 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
I bought this cart after deciding that paying $4 for the lousy pull cart rentals was a sucker's plan with the frequency of my playing golf and at $99, this cart made a ton of sense, financially....
I like to play in cooler weather. What I don't like it bulky outerwear that restricts my golf swing. I searched out a number of lighter weight tops for fall golf. I tried on Oakley, Adidas,...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 652
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Was able to get to the course and practice for two or three hours. Even better, I didn't have my phone, so no distractions.
So, I was prepared when I played nine holes with my father, my uncle, and a family friend. I shot a 1 over 36 on aerated greens, with a chip in on 8 for birdie and a chip in on 9 for par. Struck the ball really well today; all the work I've put in is really paying off.
Won't be able to play tomorrow because we're moving so I'm glad I got to play today.
Played 9 twice, with a push cart.
My driver and irons are okay, but my wedges were horrible. All the distance tuning I did was pure crap. I over hit and under hit from 50 yards and in. Cost me lots of strokes. The main issue is the 3 300 yard par 4 ended up with bogies instead of par or birdie. You really need to use feel for these short shots. I tried to use an "open loop" preprogrammed swing, and it totally failed. My half swings gave me +/-10 yards or more. On one GIR, I was 50 feet from the back of the pin.
Oh yes, i wasn't allowed to take a drop from behind the driving range fence I nailed on the drive. That's a stroke.
Ironically, the one 453 yard par 4 was my best par 4.
First 9 was fast, 2nd one was really slow. 2 men, an old man and woman in front of us. The two men were probably trying to impress the woman (who was kind of cute). They played horribly from the blue tees. They hit no more than 200 yards, and took 3 shots every time to make the area around the green. My son gave up on driver and started to play around with 6i off the tee and 6 to the green. I just ended up hitting parallel to their position (most of the time). Slow play is really bad, and now I can't even hit and putt while waiting if I want a valid score to post.
Need to convince my son to play the more challenging courses in our area next Saturday.
First one on the course this morning for a relaxing round by myself. Shot 26 over for a 98. Really kind of bummed by the score, but really pleased with my swing and ball striking. Pitching and putting ate my lunch. I feel like a lesson or three would help me knock a bunch of stokes off my average game.
99 for me today, unlike you I was happy with that score but disappointed in my ball striking. I chipped and putted well but got too aggressive on a couple of holes and shot a 9 on a front nine par 5 and a triple on a par3 with an 8 on a par 4 thrown in just for kicks.
This is how I know that I am improving, when I am not hitting well and spraying the ball all over and I can still manage a double at worst. Today it was over aggression that cost me 6 or 7 strokes.
Played Rutgers golf course on Saturday. Black tees, Par 71, 68.9/126, 6,034 yards.
Shot 95, even after taking two lost balls on 18. Hit 4 fairways, 3 GIR, had a chip in on 13 to save bogey, but only managed one other up and down. Greens weren't really in great shape, though, so I'm not going to look too hard at my putting, yet.
There was a fair amount of wind, too. All in all, a good round for me to start the year off.
I am MN so playing today is not an option, but i played this winter while at the PGA Show in Orlando and played really well at the Legends at Orange Lake. We played match play but I think i shot about 10 over. Really good for being a 14. Made some amazing wedge shots to within ~6 feet on 2 holes. One to win the 9 hole match :-) Was a great day!
Sunday - Even par 72 @ Ridgeview Ranch in Plano, TX
I quit playing for 8-9 years due to some stomach surgery, started playing again last October. When I quit I was scratch....Since I started playing again I've been playing to a 5.2 index and my best round was a 76. I read Dave Stocktons book "Unconscious Putting" and it was a tremendous read. I hit balls this past week a few times but did have 3-4 practice putting sessions making the changes he suggested.
The result was a 72 with 4 birdies and 4 bogeys and I did miss a 3.5' birdie putt. I should add I only had 26 putts.
I'm 50 and it was great to shoot an even par round. As I try to remember my scores back 8-9 years ago I don't think I had many rounds that were even or better, what I recall was a bunch of +1 or +2 rounds that got my official index to a 0.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › What's on your Christmas Wish List 2014? 3 minutes ago
- › Patting down grass behind ball when in the rough ... 13 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 35 minutes ago
- › Rate this drill! 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › What is the most important aspect of golf that you think can... 2 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Still swinging: Indoor golf opportunities grow - The Journal News... 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › "Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik 3 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 3 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › My Swing (deason) 4 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › AimPoint Green Reading 4 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes