45 - 38. Really must start to warm up before playing!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Modern’ wedges bear a puzzling similarity to those dating all the way back to the 1950s, the ones Ben Hogan said should not be hit over 40 yards. (This from a man who was known to hit his driver...
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 652
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Was able to get to the course and practice for two or three hours. Even better, I didn't have my phone, so no distractions.
So, I was prepared when I played nine holes with my father, my uncle, and a family friend. I shot a 1 over 36 on aerated greens, with a chip in on 8 for birdie and a chip in on 9 for par. Struck the ball really well today; all the work I've put in is really paying off.
Won't be able to play tomorrow because we're moving so I'm glad I got to play today.
Played 9 twice, with a push cart.
My driver and irons are okay, but my wedges were horrible. All the distance tuning I did was pure crap. I over hit and under hit from 50 yards and in. Cost me lots of strokes. The main issue is the 3 300 yard par 4 ended up with bogies instead of par or birdie. You really need to use feel for these short shots. I tried to use an "open loop" preprogrammed swing, and it totally failed. My half swings gave me +/-10 yards or more. On one GIR, I was 50 feet from the back of the pin.
Oh yes, i wasn't allowed to take a drop from behind the driving range fence I nailed on the drive. That's a stroke.
Ironically, the one 453 yard par 4 was my best par 4.
First 9 was fast, 2nd one was really slow. 2 men, an old man and woman in front of us. The two men were probably trying to impress the woman (who was kind of cute). They played horribly from the blue tees. They hit no more than 200 yards, and took 3 shots every time to make the area around the green. My son gave up on driver and started to play around with 6i off the tee and 6 to the green. I just ended up hitting parallel to their position (most of the time). Slow play is really bad, and now I can't even hit and putt while waiting if I want a valid score to post.
Need to convince my son to play the more challenging courses in our area next Saturday.
First one on the course this morning for a relaxing round by myself. Shot 26 over for a 98. Really kind of bummed by the score, but really pleased with my swing and ball striking. Pitching and putting ate my lunch. I feel like a lesson or three would help me knock a bunch of stokes off my average game.
99 for me today, unlike you I was happy with that score but disappointed in my ball striking. I chipped and putted well but got too aggressive on a couple of holes and shot a 9 on a front nine par 5 and a triple on a par3 with an 8 on a par 4 thrown in just for kicks.
This is how I know that I am improving, when I am not hitting well and spraying the ball all over and I can still manage a double at worst. Today it was over aggression that cost me 6 or 7 strokes.
Played Rutgers golf course on Saturday. Black tees, Par 71, 68.9/126, 6,034 yards.
Shot 95, even after taking two lost balls on 18. Hit 4 fairways, 3 GIR, had a chip in on 13 to save bogey, but only managed one other up and down. Greens weren't really in great shape, though, so I'm not going to look too hard at my putting, yet.
There was a fair amount of wind, too. All in all, a good round for me to start the year off.
I am MN so playing today is not an option, but i played this winter while at the PGA Show in Orlando and played really well at the Legends at Orange Lake. We played match play but I think i shot about 10 over. Really good for being a 14. Made some amazing wedge shots to within ~6 feet on 2 holes. One to win the 9 hole match :-) Was a great day!
Sunday - Even par 72 @ Ridgeview Ranch in Plano, TX
I quit playing for 8-9 years due to some stomach surgery, started playing again last October. When I quit I was scratch....Since I started playing again I've been playing to a 5.2 index and my best round was a 76. I read Dave Stocktons book "Unconscious Putting" and it was a tremendous read. I hit balls this past week a few times but did have 3-4 practice putting sessions making the changes he suggested.
The result was a 72 with 4 birdies and 4 bogeys and I did miss a 3.5' birdie putt. I should add I only had 26 putts.
I'm 50 and it was great to shoot an even par round. As I try to remember my scores back 8-9 years ago I don't think I had many rounds that were even or better, what I recall was a bunch of +1 or +2 rounds that got my official index to a 0.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Backswing Sequence: What Leads the Way for You? 1 minute ago
- › Another Bloody Brit! 2 minutes ago
- › Best Shot of the Week 4 minutes ago
- › Backyard drills 7 minutes ago
- › Just... No to this tweet: When Mother Nature takes things to the... 8 minutes ago
- › Grips. A little thing makes a big difference 9 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Abu3baid) 17 minutes ago
- › This guy has an odd swing, but dayum, he sure plays some nice courses 19 minutes ago
- › Restaurant Review: The Woods Jupiter 22 minutes ago
- › How to Draw the Golf Ball (or How to Stop Slicing) 45 minutes ago
- › Ben Hogan Golf Men's TK1561TVS Sand Wedge, Right Hand, Steel,... by bmartin461
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes