45 - 38. Really must start to warm up before playing!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Gripping the club has always been an adventure with me. My father had me reading 5 lessons before I even picked up a club and it really instilled in me just how important the grip is to the swing....
I was at my local golf shop in need of a putter. I played around with Ping, Odyssey & scotty Camerons. I finally picked up a Cleveland Classic #1, 34" and it was on! It was buttery soft with a...
I bough this bag when I made the transition from carrying to walking with a cart. My local golf shop had them on clearance for $99. I chose the lime green figure I might aswell make a statement...
I got this bag 2 years ago and was never disappointment. The zipperless ball pocket is a great invention. The Drink Pouch is accessible while walking. I like the club compartments are individual....
I received this as a gift. One can never have too many socks or belts. However I usually purchase both at a neo-department store. I will not give the name of the store, but they target their...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 652
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Was able to get to the course and practice for two or three hours. Even better, I didn't have my phone, so no distractions.
So, I was prepared when I played nine holes with my father, my uncle, and a family friend. I shot a 1 over 36 on aerated greens, with a chip in on 8 for birdie and a chip in on 9 for par. Struck the ball really well today; all the work I've put in is really paying off.
Won't be able to play tomorrow because we're moving so I'm glad I got to play today.
Played 9 twice, with a push cart.
My driver and irons are okay, but my wedges were horrible. All the distance tuning I did was pure crap. I over hit and under hit from 50 yards and in. Cost me lots of strokes. The main issue is the 3 300 yard par 4 ended up with bogies instead of par or birdie. You really need to use feel for these short shots. I tried to use an "open loop" preprogrammed swing, and it totally failed. My half swings gave me +/-10 yards or more. On one GIR, I was 50 feet from the back of the pin.
Oh yes, i wasn't allowed to take a drop from behind the driving range fence I nailed on the drive. That's a stroke.
Ironically, the one 453 yard par 4 was my best par 4.
First 9 was fast, 2nd one was really slow. 2 men, an old man and woman in front of us. The two men were probably trying to impress the woman (who was kind of cute). They played horribly from the blue tees. They hit no more than 200 yards, and took 3 shots every time to make the area around the green. My son gave up on driver and started to play around with 6i off the tee and 6 to the green. I just ended up hitting parallel to their position (most of the time). Slow play is really bad, and now I can't even hit and putt while waiting if I want a valid score to post.
Need to convince my son to play the more challenging courses in our area next Saturday.
First one on the course this morning for a relaxing round by myself. Shot 26 over for a 98. Really kind of bummed by the score, but really pleased with my swing and ball striking. Pitching and putting ate my lunch. I feel like a lesson or three would help me knock a bunch of stokes off my average game.
99 for me today, unlike you I was happy with that score but disappointed in my ball striking. I chipped and putted well but got too aggressive on a couple of holes and shot a 9 on a front nine par 5 and a triple on a par3 with an 8 on a par 4 thrown in just for kicks.
This is how I know that I am improving, when I am not hitting well and spraying the ball all over and I can still manage a double at worst. Today it was over aggression that cost me 6 or 7 strokes.
Played Rutgers golf course on Saturday. Black tees, Par 71, 68.9/126, 6,034 yards.
Shot 95, even after taking two lost balls on 18. Hit 4 fairways, 3 GIR, had a chip in on 13 to save bogey, but only managed one other up and down. Greens weren't really in great shape, though, so I'm not going to look too hard at my putting, yet.
There was a fair amount of wind, too. All in all, a good round for me to start the year off.
I am MN so playing today is not an option, but i played this winter while at the PGA Show in Orlando and played really well at the Legends at Orange Lake. We played match play but I think i shot about 10 over. Really good for being a 14. Made some amazing wedge shots to within ~6 feet on 2 holes. One to win the 9 hole match :-) Was a great day!
Sunday - Even par 72 @ Ridgeview Ranch in Plano, TX
I quit playing for 8-9 years due to some stomach surgery, started playing again last October. When I quit I was scratch....Since I started playing again I've been playing to a 5.2 index and my best round was a 76. I read Dave Stocktons book "Unconscious Putting" and it was a tremendous read. I hit balls this past week a few times but did have 3-4 practice putting sessions making the changes he suggested.
The result was a 72 with 4 birdies and 4 bogeys and I did miss a 3.5' birdie putt. I should add I only had 26 putts.
I'm 50 and it was great to shoot an even par round. As I try to remember my scores back 8-9 years ago I don't think I had many rounds that were even or better, what I recall was a bunch of +1 or +2 rounds that got my official index to a 0.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Paula Creamer wants a Women’s Masters at Augusta [SB Nation] 1 minute ago
- › ESPN anchor rant on golf telecasts - probably echoes what most of... 6 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 8 minutes ago
- › Share your personal course pictures. 17 minutes ago
- › Anchored Putters Rules Change (Effective January 1, 2016) 22 minutes ago
- › Beginner looking for iron shaft recommendations 31 minutes ago
- › TST Talks with GAME Golf 37 minutes ago
- › Shanking wedges!!!! 45 minutes ago
- › Help with Driving 46 minutes ago
- › 140mph + head speed, but driver is still bad. 55 minutes ago
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by SavvySwede
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › True Linkswear TRUE motion by boogielicious
- › River Forest CC by dfreuter415
- › Srixon Z-Star XV by Tgb02
- › Talon Golf Glove by Jakester23
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest