Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
I picked up this book after it was posting for discussion in the Reading Room section of The Sand Trap. James Sieckmann is a former PGA Pro who turned to coaching. His methods were developed...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 654
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Summary of today's round, BOGEY TRAIN!!!!
1 double, 2 pars, 6 bogeys, 45
Had some trouble with hitting shots thin . Was able to get some decent shots in later in the round. The greens were absolutely SLOW as I have ever seen greens be slow. These greens had to be below an 8 Stimp. Putts were consistently coming up 4-5 feet short, just horrible. I hate slow greens. Pitching was blah, thinned a couple pitch shots as well. Chipping was not bad, had a few good short pitches and chips. Driving was pretty good. The SLDR is an absolute monster like the numbers said it was. That driver has just turned my ball flight into a boring trajectory, LOVE IT!!
Still work to do. Need to get this backswing piece down, and still get the swing shorter. When I tried half swing and rip through the ball, I hit a few too many thin shots. I think I need the weight forward more + rip through the ball.
On the plus side, the 60 degree day was absolutely the highlight of the round
I feel like breaking into a song and dance and singing the theme song from the Jeffersons......."Movin' on Up" because that is exactly the direction my HC is trending. It's no surprise this happens every spring. The question is where will it peak and when will it reverse itself. I peaked at 5.4 in 2013 and my goal is to stop short of that before trending down.
I played Sunday at Stone Canyon and it was a sunny and 73 degree March day. With that came howling winds.........(as you might suspect)
I started the year a 1.7 and already revised to 2.2 and now 2.6 with the April 1 revision
I played the Innisbrook Island Course from the green tees last Friday and shot a -2, 70. I had 6 birdies. Putter was on fire. Made a 30 foot par putt and a 60 foot birdie putt. I stuck a couple of par 3 tee shots inside of 3 feet. Chipped a couple of 3rd shots close on some par 5s and put another approach on a par 5 from 70 yards to within a couple of feet. Drained a lot of par putts in the 6-8 foot range. I played with my boss, a couple of other co-workers, and a consultant. We had a great time and I really enjoyed the day.
Okay, he just scored 50(36) yesterday on the front 9 of Rio Hondo Golf Club (70.5/124) ending with 3 pars in a row (Hole scores: 7/4 7/4 6/5 6/5 6/4 6/4 3/3 3/3 4/4). Anyway, he's out back practicing his swing against a net, which is the most I have ever seen him practice.
He's getting the bug to play well, finally.
He said he needs to warm up before playing from now on. No more going cold, which means that when we play a round together I also get to warm up.
He shot a 43 (par 36) in competition. Best score today, and his team won. Very windy conditions.
I shot 5 balls per hole 5 holes, made mostly bogies with a few pars. Drove a ball that rolled into a tree root, and took a stroke out for a double. Driving was really bad, but my new irons are deadly accurate. If I had played, I would have been roughly bogey. Greens were punched, and I hit a 100 foot putting stroke for 25 feet. Made 6 greens out of the 25 ball/holes played. I hit one drive straight out and it hung in the air for a really long time (I could have counted to 10 or 20 fast), ended up only 220 yards down the fairway. The wind was blowing really hard.
Fun bogey day for me and a great scoring day for my son.
37-36-73 Springfield Golf & CC
Par 70 (3rd hole being played as par 3 until late April, new fairway needs to come in better after harsh winter)
13 GIR (8 Front/5 Back)
31 Putts (19 on Front (all 2 putts and 1-3 putt) and 12 on back (1 chip in, 4-1 putts))
46/48, 9 Gir, couple 4 putts, 1 lost drive, nine 3 putts, 3 up and downs.
Greens were just punched no breaks or them's the breaks, so to speak. Hit a 6i out of trouble through a 20' gap 120' away.
Feeling better about these new irons. 8i is around 145 carry.
Awful drives are the main culprit for my blow up round. Putting would be next. Longest drive was 270, shortest was 100 bouncing back from a tree.
My first official posted score in 2014 was 97, the highest score I have posted in a dozen years. Almost expected I guess since I hardly swung a golf club since October. Yesterday was a little better (87) but it was all a result of some serious scrambling. My tee game and long game is horrendous and I am having a hard time leeping anything longer that a 6-iron in play. Time to see the Pro,
Hit 8/18 fairways and 4/18 GIR (including two dead shanks from the center of the fairway).
I hit six shanks in total: two from the fairway, and five chips. It was embarassing as all hell. Thankfully, I putted out of my mind and made four twenty footers for par.
I've gotta get that under control. The shanks from the fairway I know how to fix, but the chips not so much.
Hopefully, the next round has no shanks. We'll see.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › My Swing (WillM) 33 minutes ago
- › My Swing (billchao) 40 minutes ago
- › About to quit! 55 minutes ago
- › AimPoint Green Reading 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Take Your Driver Out of the Bag 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › 2015 Zurich Classic Discussion Thread 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Big Break Palm Beaches Discussion Thread 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › For my 1000th post, a journal about my golf past, present, and what... 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Paula Creamer wants a Women’s Masters at Augusta [SB Nation] 2 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › April in Colorado & Utah - Recommendations? 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest