Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
Was given a sleeve of these today from a friend and decided to use them instead of pro v1's or junk balls and they feel great. Felt about the same as pro v1's except for on the green. Only thing I...
I was given a pair of the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoes for the purpose of writing a review. My previous experience with golf shoes is a couple of pairs of FootJoys and a couple of pairs of...
I bought these when I was still playing baseball and considering getting back into golf. Had them for about 8 months and they were decent enough and they worked. After about 7 ish months though of...
There's probably not much I can say about this book that hasn't already been addressed in either these other reviews or the myriad forums on the website. With that said, let me offer some insights...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 654
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Summary of today's round, BOGEY TRAIN!!!!
1 double, 2 pars, 6 bogeys, 45
Had some trouble with hitting shots thin . Was able to get some decent shots in later in the round. The greens were absolutely SLOW as I have ever seen greens be slow. These greens had to be below an 8 Stimp. Putts were consistently coming up 4-5 feet short, just horrible. I hate slow greens. Pitching was blah, thinned a couple pitch shots as well. Chipping was not bad, had a few good short pitches and chips. Driving was pretty good. The SLDR is an absolute monster like the numbers said it was. That driver has just turned my ball flight into a boring trajectory, LOVE IT!!
Still work to do. Need to get this backswing piece down, and still get the swing shorter. When I tried half swing and rip through the ball, I hit a few too many thin shots. I think I need the weight forward more + rip through the ball.
On the plus side, the 60 degree day was absolutely the highlight of the round
I feel like breaking into a song and dance and singing the theme song from the Jeffersons......."Movin' on Up" because that is exactly the direction my HC is trending. It's no surprise this happens every spring. The question is where will it peak and when will it reverse itself. I peaked at 5.4 in 2013 and my goal is to stop short of that before trending down.
I played Sunday at Stone Canyon and it was a sunny and 73 degree March day. With that came howling winds.........(as you might suspect)
I started the year a 1.7 and already revised to 2.2 and now 2.6 with the April 1 revision
I played the Innisbrook Island Course from the green tees last Friday and shot a -2, 70. I had 6 birdies. Putter was on fire. Made a 30 foot par putt and a 60 foot birdie putt. I stuck a couple of par 3 tee shots inside of 3 feet. Chipped a couple of 3rd shots close on some par 5s and put another approach on a par 5 from 70 yards to within a couple of feet. Drained a lot of par putts in the 6-8 foot range. I played with my boss, a couple of other co-workers, and a consultant. We had a great time and I really enjoyed the day.
Okay, he just scored 50(36) yesterday on the front 9 of Rio Hondo Golf Club (70.5/124) ending with 3 pars in a row (Hole scores: 7/4 7/4 6/5 6/5 6/4 6/4 3/3 3/3 4/4). Anyway, he's out back practicing his swing against a net, which is the most I have ever seen him practice.
He's getting the bug to play well, finally.
He said he needs to warm up before playing from now on. No more going cold, which means that when we play a round together I also get to warm up.
He shot a 43 (par 36) in competition. Best score today, and his team won. Very windy conditions.
I shot 5 balls per hole 5 holes, made mostly bogies with a few pars. Drove a ball that rolled into a tree root, and took a stroke out for a double. Driving was really bad, but my new irons are deadly accurate. If I had played, I would have been roughly bogey. Greens were punched, and I hit a 100 foot putting stroke for 25 feet. Made 6 greens out of the 25 ball/holes played. I hit one drive straight out and it hung in the air for a really long time (I could have counted to 10 or 20 fast), ended up only 220 yards down the fairway. The wind was blowing really hard.
Fun bogey day for me and a great scoring day for my son.
37-36-73 Springfield Golf & CC
Par 70 (3rd hole being played as par 3 until late April, new fairway needs to come in better after harsh winter)
13 GIR (8 Front/5 Back)
31 Putts (19 on Front (all 2 putts and 1-3 putt) and 12 on back (1 chip in, 4-1 putts))
46/48, 9 Gir, couple 4 putts, 1 lost drive, nine 3 putts, 3 up and downs.
Greens were just punched no breaks or them's the breaks, so to speak. Hit a 6i out of trouble through a 20' gap 120' away.
Feeling better about these new irons. 8i is around 145 carry.
Awful drives are the main culprit for my blow up round. Putting would be next. Longest drive was 270, shortest was 100 bouncing back from a tree.
My first official posted score in 2014 was 97, the highest score I have posted in a dozen years. Almost expected I guess since I hardly swung a golf club since October. Yesterday was a little better (87) but it was all a result of some serious scrambling. My tee game and long game is horrendous and I am having a hard time leeping anything longer that a 6-iron in play. Time to see the Pro,
Hit 8/18 fairways and 4/18 GIR (including two dead shanks from the center of the fairway).
I hit six shanks in total: two from the fairway, and five chips. It was embarassing as all hell. Thankfully, I putted out of my mind and made four twenty footers for par.
I've gotta get that under control. The shanks from the fairway I know how to fix, but the chips not so much.
Hopefully, the next round has no shanks. We'll see.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Jack or Tiger: Who's the greatest 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 NFL Football Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Here’s Who Vegas Is Picking to Win the Masters 13 minutes ago
- › Diary of a bogey golfer with his 1st custom fit clubs 19 minutes ago
- › How come Pros do not use iron covers or... 29 minutes ago
- › Off-Brand/Cloned Clubs 33 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Logo) 36 minutes ago
- › Poll: Did Ernie Els ground his club in a hazard? 36 minutes ago
- › 2.2M challenge on one of the betting sites for the MASTERS, you in ? 54 minutes ago
- › My Swing (boogielicious) 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Tgb02
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by meenman
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by cliffj
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes