Drove the ball really well, putted decently. Short game was horrible, I couldn't hit my irons at all. Whole swing felt horrible on the course for the approach shot. Only one good iron shot in 27 holes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I thought the book was well thought out. It dispels some long held myths about the golf game, but also shows you why they are myths instead of just telling you. It really takes game management...
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 656
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Finally - first round of the year.
84 on a par 71. Good enough to start the season. Really learned a lot about chipping over the winter and made a lot of those 6-8 foot putts (because I kept leaving stuff short - the indoor green if FAST, the real thing, not so much).
Not a great score, but much of the play showed signs of a really good year to come.
Yesterday first competition day for me. Could not play the first day.
We start the day off with a Foursome matchplay over 18 holes.
At first i was a little off with my drives so we were 2 down after 9. Than i started playing
very decent golf. hole 10 a par 3 with water right big bunker front and side left. About 170 yards long.
Pin position back left with a wind came from front right. I hit a knock doen 6 iron to about 6 feet and my mate holed for birdie.
We halved 11,12,13,14,15 with 4 pars and a bogey. Hole 16 we won with another birdie, so AS on 17. We halved with bogeys.
Hole 18 dogleg right with a big bunker in front my mate hat a good teeshot and left me with a 150 yard approach to a back center pin.
Our opponents where to hit first, and did wel by leaving a 10 feet putt up hill. I selected a 9 iron for my shot and my strike was great,
it ended just a feet from the hole for a tap in birdie. Opponents missed the putt and we won by one. Was probably my best shot i hit this year, felt good to do that with some pressure on the shot.
Boy did I suck this weekend. 45-45-90. Even though the scores were the same, the way I played each nine couldn't have been more different. I scrambled the whole front nine to just make bogies, but I had 5 pars on the back and a bunch of doubles.
I have to make a decision about a pro, as our assistant staff is all new and I want to help out one of the young guys make a few bucks. Can't wait much longer as some important competitions will be on us soon.
Still knocking off the winter rust and the swing changes are still a work-in-progress, although it seemed like fatigue was also a factor as I noticed reverting back to some sloppy habbits as the round went along.
This past weekend I was lucky enough to play both Saturday and Sunday. (Snow coming tonight, Monday)
FIR 8 / 14
GIR - 3
putts - 37
FIR 9 / 13
GIR - 5
putts - 37
I was happy getting off of the tee. I was not happy with my short game. Last year I averaged about 31 putts per round. This is something I know I can fix with some work. What gave me fits was from 50 yards in. I had several holes with multiple chip shots. Take away the multiple chip shots and I would have been breaking 90. I figured I could have saved about 8 strokes each day.
Room for improvement!
On another note, with warmer temperatures and the ground starting to firm up a bit, we are finally seeing our golf balls fly and roll out much better. The course plays so much longer when temps are in the 40's and the ground is mushy...
Played my home course today, 72.9 rating at tips, 6900yds. A little windy but not bad, 60°. Tee shots weren't spectacular, but didn't get me in trouble and approaches weren't the best. But I got some putts to drop and shot a 69. My distances are still off on the approaches. My accuracy is good, so just need to figure distance out and I can move on.
I am totally slacking on my golf game this year and playing much less. I only played 9 tonight once again....
Stone Canyon Black Tees Front9 : 72.4CR 145slope............score: 39
Greens: 2/9.......... I holed a putt for birdie on one, and 3-putted the other...LOL
In spite of hitting only 4 fairways and 2 greens, I hit the ball solid and kept the ball in play. I used the same ball all 9 holes, and that's saying something around this track! I was scrambled well and was even par through 6, but limped in......bogey, bogey, bogey in spite of striking the ball solidly. Oh well..
Hidden Valley Golf Course:
Shot from Black, Blue and White tees. Total score for my son and I each was around 96.
We played Blues and Blacks on the first 9 holes then played the White and Black on the back 9.
We only played the tips (about half the time) if it was dramatic and fun
BTW, faster greens (Stimp 10 or more?) seem to be more predictable than the constantly punched greens we usually play.
Hopefully this is a new start to the mental side of my game this year. Bad starts can usually get to me but I tried to hold it together this time. Very windy and not the warmest. Shot a 76 for my first round of the year. Took a quadruple bogey on the Par 3 second hole. Tried to clear my head and move on. Almost got one back on the next hole but missed a short 4 foot birdie put and again tried to let it go. Finished with an eagle on 9 and back-to-back birdies on 15,16 (all puts within 10 feet). Hit some very good approach shots. Very happy with the score and even more happy with my mental approach. One round is one thing but hopefully my mental approach can continue throughout the year.
Tied my lowest round ever yesterday with an 83. Should have shot an 82, on 17 I was about 90 yards out and hit my GW sideways into a tree, no clue how that happened considering how well I played. Didn't hit into any bunkers. Only had one double bogey, and it was on a hole I hit into a different fairway and rushed to hit the shot to get out of the way of the group coming up it. Now I just have to keep it up.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 2 minutes ago
- › Golf stats and correlation to average score vs. handicap 18 minutes ago
- › Number of balls allowed by Pros in a single round or day? 18 minutes ago
- › Is it ok to tilt your head 20 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Robbo68) 27 minutes ago
- › Anyone use the Nike Lunar Control shoes? 35 minutes ago
- › To golfers who score in the 70s - What's your story? 38 minutes ago
- › USGA Handicap 42 minutes ago
- › Tracking Round Statistics 53 minutes ago
- › 2015 The Honda Classic Discussion Thread 54 minutes ago
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by oregongolfguy
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes