Drove the ball really well, putted decently. Short game was horrible, I couldn't hit my irons at all. Whole swing felt horrible on the course for the approach shot. Only one good iron shot in 27 holes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 656
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Finally - first round of the year.
84 on a par 71. Good enough to start the season. Really learned a lot about chipping over the winter and made a lot of those 6-8 foot putts (because I kept leaving stuff short - the indoor green if FAST, the real thing, not so much).
Not a great score, but much of the play showed signs of a really good year to come.
Yesterday first competition day for me. Could not play the first day.
We start the day off with a Foursome matchplay over 18 holes.
At first i was a little off with my drives so we were 2 down after 9. Than i started playing
very decent golf. hole 10 a par 3 with water right big bunker front and side left. About 170 yards long.
Pin position back left with a wind came from front right. I hit a knock doen 6 iron to about 6 feet and my mate holed for birdie.
We halved 11,12,13,14,15 with 4 pars and a bogey. Hole 16 we won with another birdie, so AS on 17. We halved with bogeys.
Hole 18 dogleg right with a big bunker in front my mate hat a good teeshot and left me with a 150 yard approach to a back center pin.
Our opponents where to hit first, and did wel by leaving a 10 feet putt up hill. I selected a 9 iron for my shot and my strike was great,
it ended just a feet from the hole for a tap in birdie. Opponents missed the putt and we won by one. Was probably my best shot i hit this year, felt good to do that with some pressure on the shot.
Boy did I suck this weekend. 45-45-90. Even though the scores were the same, the way I played each nine couldn't have been more different. I scrambled the whole front nine to just make bogies, but I had 5 pars on the back and a bunch of doubles.
I have to make a decision about a pro, as our assistant staff is all new and I want to help out one of the young guys make a few bucks. Can't wait much longer as some important competitions will be on us soon.
Still knocking off the winter rust and the swing changes are still a work-in-progress, although it seemed like fatigue was also a factor as I noticed reverting back to some sloppy habbits as the round went along.
This past weekend I was lucky enough to play both Saturday and Sunday. (Snow coming tonight, Monday)
FIR 8 / 14
GIR - 3
putts - 37
FIR 9 / 13
GIR - 5
putts - 37
I was happy getting off of the tee. I was not happy with my short game. Last year I averaged about 31 putts per round. This is something I know I can fix with some work. What gave me fits was from 50 yards in. I had several holes with multiple chip shots. Take away the multiple chip shots and I would have been breaking 90. I figured I could have saved about 8 strokes each day.
Room for improvement!
On another note, with warmer temperatures and the ground starting to firm up a bit, we are finally seeing our golf balls fly and roll out much better. The course plays so much longer when temps are in the 40's and the ground is mushy...
Played my home course today, 72.9 rating at tips, 6900yds. A little windy but not bad, 60°. Tee shots weren't spectacular, but didn't get me in trouble and approaches weren't the best. But I got some putts to drop and shot a 69. My distances are still off on the approaches. My accuracy is good, so just need to figure distance out and I can move on.
I am totally slacking on my golf game this year and playing much less. I only played 9 tonight once again....
Stone Canyon Black Tees Front9 : 72.4CR 145slope............score: 39
Greens: 2/9.......... I holed a putt for birdie on one, and 3-putted the other...LOL
In spite of hitting only 4 fairways and 2 greens, I hit the ball solid and kept the ball in play. I used the same ball all 9 holes, and that's saying something around this track! I was scrambled well and was even par through 6, but limped in......bogey, bogey, bogey in spite of striking the ball solidly. Oh well..
Hidden Valley Golf Course:
Shot from Black, Blue and White tees. Total score for my son and I each was around 96.
We played Blues and Blacks on the first 9 holes then played the White and Black on the back 9.
We only played the tips (about half the time) if it was dramatic and fun
BTW, faster greens (Stimp 10 or more?) seem to be more predictable than the constantly punched greens we usually play.
Hopefully this is a new start to the mental side of my game this year. Bad starts can usually get to me but I tried to hold it together this time. Very windy and not the warmest. Shot a 76 for my first round of the year. Took a quadruple bogey on the Par 3 second hole. Tried to clear my head and move on. Almost got one back on the next hole but missed a short 4 foot birdie put and again tried to let it go. Finished with an eagle on 9 and back-to-back birdies on 15,16 (all puts within 10 feet). Hit some very good approach shots. Very happy with the score and even more happy with my mental approach. One round is one thing but hopefully my mental approach can continue throughout the year.
Tied my lowest round ever yesterday with an 83. Should have shot an 82, on 17 I was about 90 yards out and hit my GW sideways into a tree, no clue how that happened considering how well I played. Didn't hit into any bunkers. Only had one double bogey, and it was on a hole I hit into a different fairway and rushed to hit the shot to get out of the way of the group coming up it. Now I just have to keep it up.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › How to Hit a Driver (Hit it Further and Stop Slicing!) 15 minutes ago
- › Homeschooled for golf? 24 minutes ago
- › How to Make a Centered Hip Turn 39 minutes ago
- › Quickie Pitching Video - Golf Pitch Shot Technique 45 minutes ago
- › It's on!!! Mayweather vs. Pacquiao 52 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015) 57 minutes ago
- › Taking massive divots with irons 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing - May 24th, 2015 @ Industry Hills... 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Drives going straight, then curving right. 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › How many courses have you played? 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest