Hahah I just shot a 44 on a par 37 and I would love to talk about it. I have been hovering around 48-51 on my local nine hold course. So I am thrilled to get down to 44. My goal this season is to play bogey golf on a regular basis and this was my first nine hole round under that mark. I also happened to get my first two birdies since I started playing last year. The frustrating part is I lipped out two par puts on other holes and hit one OB so that score could easily have been lower. My short game has greatly improved since I added wedges to my bag. Still a little scared of the 60 degree wedge.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 5:44 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 663
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I'm falling behind on scores...Stone Canyon Par72...6633yds...73.2CR 141slope
I played well tee to green and scored 80-78 without holing a GD #$%$ putt........
The latter rounds were an amazing adventure...LOL .........over the hills and through the woods avoiding the big bad wolf!! It is what it is.....
Shot a 96(+25) yesterday. First day round for a while so i guess it was due
I was hitting my driving better than i can ever remember but today was short game was quite simply not there. Chunking chips and a shank or two on my pitches. Not going to worry too much though, i have been playing well before this round so shall blame the rain and see what happens next time.
Played Sunday. 58 was the high temp reached all day. Constant 20 mph wind with stronger gusts at times. Sun came out maybe 10% of the round. Any question why I carded a 93?
Give me sunny and 80 with a slight breeze and a flat lie and I can PLAY some golf.
Not with the weather in NE Ohio. It's beyond gotten old already.
Bogus 46-42-88 yesterday, as I posted the max and didn't even finish two holes. Who knows what the score would have been if I finished them.
This is becoming a disturbing trend this season. I make lots of pars and a few birdies and completely shoot it up on multiple holes. I made 8 pars and a birdie yesterday and that should never translate to anything more than low 80's. My mid-iron game is perplexing. I can't believe some of the places I am hitting my 6 and 7 iron. At one point I hit 7 iron on two consecutive holes; one went thirty yards right and the next one was within five feet of the hole.
85 front 41 back 44 ESC 81 indexed 6.2 par 72 rate 73.7 slope 139
Today was one of my better putting rounds that I have had for a long time so there is the positive and in fact I have been putting better over the past few weeks so I certainly hope this is a trend I can build off of, now for the bad, I had 2 quads that were completely avoidable the first one was a lost ball penalty that I later saw the ball after I completed the hole further down the left side than originally thought and the second was just a fluke when I was hitting from a bad lie and the ball hit the stupid cart and that's another 2 stroke penalty, I also had to take a 1 stroke penalty because my home course has "environmentally sensitive" areas so if your in the hazard at all it's a 1 stroke penalty and I was in by about a foot. I know this wasn't a very good round but I know there are some low rounds coming soon I know these blow up holes are mostly flukes and the thing is the course I play if you hit a bad shot it's not just bogey your looking at but double is very much in play I think if I can get my swing a bit more back under control in the coming weeks I'll get my goals back on track.
Just finished a round and was +18, 109 slope. The overall score wasn't amazing but the day was absolutely awesome because it included the best 9 hole stretch I've ever had. The front 9 was pretty terrible with 1 par and a ton of double bogeys-- leaving me with a +13. The back 9 was insane... I had 6 pars in the first 7 holes! I didn't even realize I was playing that well until the 4th hole in which... naturally resulted in a blowup score of 6 on the #13 par 3 (I never seem to do well on this hole anyway). I went on to par the next 3 holes and started having dellusions of playing PGA tournaments and winning millions. Then I had another mini blowup hole and recorded a 5 on the #17 par 3 before making par on the final hole. I'm still pretty excited about it because for a while it felt like I actually knew what the hell I was doing. Weather is supposed to be crappy the next couple days so I'm looking forward to getting out and playing Monday or Tuesday to see if I can repeat any of this.
Shot 108 today. The first time I have played the course with 20MPH+ winds. So cant complain to much. To many hero shots attempted. Really need to get some good course management ingrained into my playing style. I am not the best with a wood off the deck but I seem to always go for it. I suppose its good practice.
Had a funny old round today. Playing Stableford came in with 36 Points but had 5 lost balls on the back nine, which equalled 3 no returns.
Really need to put more thought into my shots. Hitting a ball 20 yards past the green OOB on second shot because I under estimated the wind is plain stupid.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Joost Luiten 12 minutes ago
- › Xtreme Muscle Pro Tips To Achieve Success 23 minutes ago
- › One handed swing faster? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Article Says Real Reason for Slow Play is Short Tee Time Intervals 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Do Not Use a Heavy Club or Weighted Donuts 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Is this a ball or what? 3 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › What advice would you give Tiger? 4 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Would you play a non-conforming (illegal) driver? 4 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. 4 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › 5 wood over driver? 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes