Hahah I just shot a 44 on a par 37 and I would love to talk about it. I have been hovering around 48-51 on my local nine hold course. So I am thrilled to get down to 44. My goal this season is to play bogey golf on a regular basis and this was my first nine hole round under that mark. I also happened to get my first two birdies since I started playing last year. The frustrating part is I lipped out two par puts on other holes and hit one OB so that score could easily have been lower. My short game has greatly improved since I added wedges to my bag. Still a little scared of the 60 degree wedge.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
New this year from True Linkswear is the TRUE motion. Set at $119.95, it is a step up from last years TRUE vegas shoe. From True Linkswear: The Motion was inspired by the popular TRUE street...
This is a very solid belt. A little wider than what I normally wear for golf, but that's more a commentary on my lack of style, than on the belt itself. Nice supple leather that needs no...
River Forest CC is my home course. This is a shorter course but don't be fooled by the lack of length. The greens are small and the fairways are tight. The layout of the course is fair, but you...
In my opinion, they are an excellent grip for both players who use gloves and those who do not. I really like the feel of the "reduced taper" which gives my lower hand a positive feel. The top...
Bought 4 dozen of these when they on sale and I got a really good deal on the balls and I have used them this week playing 4 rounds. I really enjoyed using the ball and did not feel a huge...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 663
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
I'm falling behind on scores...Stone Canyon Par72...6633yds...73.2CR 141slope
I played well tee to green and scored 80-78 without holing a GD #$%$ putt........
The latter rounds were an amazing adventure...LOL .........over the hills and through the woods avoiding the big bad wolf!! It is what it is.....
Shot a 96(+25) yesterday. First day round for a while so i guess it was due
I was hitting my driving better than i can ever remember but today was short game was quite simply not there. Chunking chips and a shank or two on my pitches. Not going to worry too much though, i have been playing well before this round so shall blame the rain and see what happens next time.
Played Sunday. 58 was the high temp reached all day. Constant 20 mph wind with stronger gusts at times. Sun came out maybe 10% of the round. Any question why I carded a 93?
Give me sunny and 80 with a slight breeze and a flat lie and I can PLAY some golf.
Not with the weather in NE Ohio. It's beyond gotten old already.
Bogus 46-42-88 yesterday, as I posted the max and didn't even finish two holes. Who knows what the score would have been if I finished them.
This is becoming a disturbing trend this season. I make lots of pars and a few birdies and completely shoot it up on multiple holes. I made 8 pars and a birdie yesterday and that should never translate to anything more than low 80's. My mid-iron game is perplexing. I can't believe some of the places I am hitting my 6 and 7 iron. At one point I hit 7 iron on two consecutive holes; one went thirty yards right and the next one was within five feet of the hole.
85 front 41 back 44 ESC 81 indexed 6.2 par 72 rate 73.7 slope 139
Today was one of my better putting rounds that I have had for a long time so there is the positive and in fact I have been putting better over the past few weeks so I certainly hope this is a trend I can build off of, now for the bad, I had 2 quads that were completely avoidable the first one was a lost ball penalty that I later saw the ball after I completed the hole further down the left side than originally thought and the second was just a fluke when I was hitting from a bad lie and the ball hit the stupid cart and that's another 2 stroke penalty, I also had to take a 1 stroke penalty because my home course has "environmentally sensitive" areas so if your in the hazard at all it's a 1 stroke penalty and I was in by about a foot. I know this wasn't a very good round but I know there are some low rounds coming soon I know these blow up holes are mostly flukes and the thing is the course I play if you hit a bad shot it's not just bogey your looking at but double is very much in play I think if I can get my swing a bit more back under control in the coming weeks I'll get my goals back on track.
Just finished a round and was +18, 109 slope. The overall score wasn't amazing but the day was absolutely awesome because it included the best 9 hole stretch I've ever had. The front 9 was pretty terrible with 1 par and a ton of double bogeys-- leaving me with a +13. The back 9 was insane... I had 6 pars in the first 7 holes! I didn't even realize I was playing that well until the 4th hole in which... naturally resulted in a blowup score of 6 on the #13 par 3 (I never seem to do well on this hole anyway). I went on to par the next 3 holes and started having dellusions of playing PGA tournaments and winning millions. Then I had another mini blowup hole and recorded a 5 on the #17 par 3 before making par on the final hole. I'm still pretty excited about it because for a while it felt like I actually knew what the hell I was doing. Weather is supposed to be crappy the next couple days so I'm looking forward to getting out and playing Monday or Tuesday to see if I can repeat any of this.
Shot 108 today. The first time I have played the course with 20MPH+ winds. So cant complain to much. To many hero shots attempted. Really need to get some good course management ingrained into my playing style. I am not the best with a wood off the deck but I seem to always go for it. I suppose its good practice.
Had a funny old round today. Playing Stableford came in with 36 Points but had 5 lost balls on the back nine, which equalled 3 no returns.
Really need to put more thought into my shots. Hitting a ball 20 yards past the green OOB on second shot because I under estimated the wind is plain stupid.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Hitting a Plateau with Ability 7 minutes ago
- › YouTube (or Whatever) Video Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Opinion on pros and cons of private club membership 56 minutes ago
- › How do you grip the club? 57 minutes ago
- › Newbie 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your GAME Golf Rounds 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › The Films and Movies Thread 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Cobra Fly-z shafts 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Golfingdad) 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › True Linkswear TRUE motion by boogielicious
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by David in FL
- › Freeport, PA by dfreuter415
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by Club Rat
- › Srixon Z-Star XV by Tgb02
- › Talon Golf Glove by Jakester23
- › Cobra Men's Bio Cell Driver by Uncle Peter
- › George Wright Golf Course by Back 9 Bandit
- › PING Glide Wedges by Golfingdad
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Shindig
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest