Finally a good round. Swing is feeling much better. Driver can still be to much hook. Putting is really going good. 13 putts tonight.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 1/15/15 at 12:20pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 665
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
44/42 for an +14(88)
Best score to date and also played to +14 which i set as my goal handicap for the end of 2014 so this is a good step forward. Played the front 9 pretty poorly tbh, only 1 green and 3 sloppy double bogeys, two of which due to bladed pitches. Back 9 really came together nicely and was hitting the ball well.
Another bad night, but the weather was horrid so there's that "excuse", low 50's upper 40's with 20+mph wind and some periods of drizzling rain. 49 *par 35* from 4 bad holes, +4, +3 and 2 +2s. First hole great drive, 2nd shot just short, 3rd shot chipped in for bird, 2nd hole was the +3 from wind pushing my ball OB *or more accurately stopped my draw from bringing the ball back*. 3rd hole flew the green and duffed 1st chip, 2 putt for bogey. 4th hole horrible drive snap hook into thick rough, 2 shots to get out to fairway, miss green short right and then good chip and 1 putt for double bogey. 5th hole..... won't recount all the shots +4 just couldn't get anything going. 6th bladed tee shot, pitched on the green, 2 putt bogey. 7th, bad drive, 2nd shot wind "helped" my draw find the water, drop 3rd, 4th on green 2 putt double bogey. 8th great drive right down the middle, left 2nd short, chipped on, 2 putt bogey. 9th, another great drive, 2nd shot good distance but wind stopped draw again ended right side of green. Chipped on but left myself long putt. 2 putt bogey. So, most holes only have 1 bad shot except for 5 and 7. Big improvement over first 3 weeks.
85 front 42 back 43 ESC 83 Rate 73.4 slope 139 indexed 7.8
I'm really trying not to get too frustrated right now cause I feel like I'm on the verge of playing some good golf but I'm simply not avoiding the blowup holes right now, One of the main reasons is I'm not making it a priority to get out of trouble first when I find myself in it and I need to learn to trust my iron game a little better when the smart play is just get back on the short grass and hopefully I can make a good approach and par saving putt. The other thing is 4 strokes were added from lost ball penalties that are fairly common this time of year and once all the native grasses die off more it will not be as bad in another month or two. Also I missed 2 very makeable birdie putts one of 3 feet and the other about 5 feet and those just have to go in no excuses, I honestly see 9 strokes that should not have happened with a little better course management and a bit better putting today could have easily been 76.
Played a 3 man scramble. Didn't find it challenging till the end. Once we were 4 holes ahead, there was no point in trying. The second 9 was more exciting. I needed to pull it together on the last 4 holes. Had an approach shot go over a stream and plug itself a little in the opposite bank, and made a cool shot with a wedge standing at a 45 degree angle parallel to the bank landing 5 feet from the pin about 30 yards away, one of us (3) sunk the putt. Finished up with a par on a par 3 using a rental PW on the green from 125 yards 20 feet from the pin. Made a nice 20 foot put over a mound to a foot from the hole. Sunk it for par. The other team made a 4 foot putt for a push. Our team scored 2.5 points for the win and the other team got only half a point. Happy they finished with a push on the second 9, but I thought it would have been at least a point for them rather than only half.
I don't really like scrambles, because I ended up eating and enjoying the shows and scenery on the course rather than golfing. I got lazy once we were so many holes ahead as there was not real point in trying. I enjoyed the last 4 holes where we were one hole down only to tie it up on the 17th with an outrageous group birdie. This made the game a fun challenge.
Just played my first ever Major event at my home club. Round started off very poorly with 3 triple bogeys in first 7 holes then pulled a birdie on the 8th and chipped in from 70 yards for a par on the 9th. This little change of luck got my card going again and by the 17th I was -2 under for my handicap (Evens for the major as its 18 max HC) I got my drive away perfectly 250ish down the middle of the fairway, got my laser out shot the flag at 182 yards, wind was behind and the fairway roles out a club too, so I hit my 150 yard club (7i) came of the club nice but was pulled left a little. Thought no probs chip it on the green 1 or 2 putts and move on to the easy 18th. When we get down to the green, ball is nowhere to be seen. It was not left enough to be in the thick rough, only explanation is a freak bounce must of made it carry further and run into the trees. Spent 5 mins looking for it and ended up having to give up and no return the hole and the comp :(
I played pretty well today, but three 3-putts spoiled the party.
|H||5/17/2014||77||73.2/141||3.0||Stone Canyon Golf Club Black||View Full Report|
|0.0% Eagles11.1% Birdies55.6% Pars27.8% Bogeys5.6% Double Bogeys|
Putts Per Hole
Putts Per Green in Reg
Sand Saves Percentage
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Average Distances... How far do you hit each club? and don't lie... 1 minute ago
- › The good grief, I'm an idiot thread......! 2 minutes ago
- › Want to try to turn pro 6 minutes ago
- › What did you buy on your last trip to the golf store? 9 minutes ago
- › Robert Allenby Kidnapped, Beaten, Robbed in Hawaii 10 minutes ago
- › AJGA Tournaments 12 minutes ago
- › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. 27 minutes ago
- › 2015 WM Phoenix Open Discussion Thread 32 minutes ago
- › New PING G30 Wedges and Putters 51 minutes ago
- › Penalty stroke. 55 minutes ago
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes