It was yesterday but played 18. Shot an 80, it was a bit disappointing. I had a great front nine going an made bogey on 8 and 9 for a 38. Started the back nine with two pars and then kind of fell apart, made a double on 18 for 42 coming in. Decent day off the tee but the irons were a fair amount off with my start lines. I only hit 5 greens. No penalties. I was in the sand 4 times and only got down in two once. I was able to get up and down 4 out of 6 times other than that, and made my first holed pitch shot of the year on the second.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I have always enjoyed walking. Always feel much more connected to the round, feel like i can learn the course better etc. However, of late some lower back nerve problems have really slowed me down....
The Garmin G3 is a basic, but very solid GPS unit. This is a model that came out a few years ago and it certainly doesn't have some of the advanced features that its successors have added. But what...
I was very excited to get a chance to review the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoe. When I first checked them out on the Adidas website, I was intrigued by the Boost energy capsules, and I was...
Back in summer 2013, a Bridgestone ballfitting team visited my home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The pair offered us a chance to test our current ball vs. Bridgestone products, and...
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 666
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot 96 on a par 72 under heavy sun.Ok with the long game and irons(still some errors) ,but my scramble and putting is really not as good as I thought and costing me at least 10 shot.I get on par 4 in 2(or pin high) and end up with bogeys mostly or some double.30 yard of a par 5 in 2,end up with a double.Lots of 3 putts from 30/35 feet.But it's nice to see your irons fly to the pin ! Put an hybrid to 25 ft from 210 yards.
Played with @saevel25 at Cassel Hills and ended up with a humbling 1-0-0. Triple digits. Ugly.
Had a good time though. ...and I came home to discover that my son mowed the grass for me and the wife had chops on the grill.
But because it was stableford I still lower my hcp.
I also made two pars and one bogey so that was good result for high handicapper.
I hit one fairway but it was a skyball with driver.
Many shanks and topping the ball happened yesterday. Especially driver...
Lousy approach shots costed many strokes as well as a couple water and OB.
Putting was quite good.
38 stableford which lowers hcp little bit. Weather was summer sunshine and pleasant +25Celsius.
My choice or clothing worked quite well. Light colors reflect some of that sun so you dont sweat so badly.
Played Friday and was +19 (3 pars, buncha garbage), 109 slope. Got paired with 3 guys in their 20s, started out fine but they bought a bunch drinks on the 3rd hole and became annoying drunks over the rest of the round. Weather went to hell for several holes after about 2 hours as well. I've played half a dozen rounds so far this year and all but 1 has been interrupted by shitty weather at some point. It's getting extremely annoying, I need to just stop playing until the forecast is completely favorable.
Still just getting used to being on a course by going to the local nine hole par 3. It's cheap and I can play 9 within an hour.
Rainy day in Atlanta yesterday, so I was soaking wet and rushing my putts, shot a 39.
I've been thinking about how my par 3 course could possibly be used to estimate what I'd shoot on a big boy course. So an actual course would have 36 shots on nine holes. If I played 2 shots for every one of the 9 extra shots on a big course, that would put me at 39 + 18 = 57. So on a full 18 I'd be playing 114. Groan, meeting my goal of breaking 100 this year is clearly going to be tough.
Shot 85 at a tough private course over the weekend. Honestly probably the best golf I've ever played despite the score, I had 5 double bogeys and a few were plain old bad luck. The course was setup tough, there was a club tournament both Sat and Sun, we played late afternoon after they were done and today the course is hosting a sectional event. My folks are members and I play there often, the hole placements and tee markers were in places I've never seen before. If not for playing there I am fairly certain it would have been a best ever score, I had 9 pars.
6 pars, 1 bogey, 1 double, 1 triple
Started off with a double. Three putted from 15 feet (JUST STUPID!!!).
Then I went on a streak of 6 straight pars. Really was making this a good round. Then the short game gremlin strikes again. Hit a drive to just short of the left greenside bunker. Really nice drive. Have an easy 20 yard pitch shot. Proceed to dump it in the bunker. First pitch shot I was not aggressive with. Then I chunk the bunker shot to about 4 yards short of the green. Then I blade the short pitch shot because I was pissed and rushed it. So I pitched it to about 12 feet and the putt did the classic 270 degree lip were it rides the back of the lip and sling shots back down the slope. So, 1 shot to 20 yards to the hole, 4 shots to get it on the green and two putt. MOTHER !!!! The last hole was a three putt from 30 feet. The pin was in a NASTY spot. It was on a side slope of 5-6%. This guy tapped his putt and it rolled 10 feet past the pin. Just stupid spot for a pin. So I three putted that because I pushed my putt trying hit it hard instead of just increasing my putting stroke length.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › What are you Reading Right Now? 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone enjoying the drink tonight? 5 minutes ago
- › Ball markers 9 minutes ago
- › 7 WD's by 1/2 way thru Friday's round. Was only 6 when I started... 18 minutes ago
- › Counterfeit Vokey wedges 21 minutes ago
- › Basement bar/19th hole 27 minutes ago
- › Anyone else find it easier to hit blades? 35 minutes ago
- › AimPoint Green Reading 44 minutes ago
- › Bounce 48 minutes ago
- › What Do You Do for a Living? 48 minutes ago
- › Clicgear Model 3.5+ Push Cart by oregongolfguy
- › Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS by dkolo
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by k-troop
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes