Not sure what I shot today since the guy driving the cart kept the scorecard-- wasn't anything special though, several pars with the rest of the holes split evenly between singles and doubles. 133 slope, Heritage Eagle Bend for the Colorado people here, course is in fantastic shape.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Modern’ wedges bear a puzzling similarity to those dating all the way back to the 1950s, the ones Ben Hogan said should not be hit over 40 yards. (This from a man who was known to hit his driver...
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 671
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Only 9 but I think I ironed out a few things with the exception of putting, I think I may have my full swing back on track some.
38 on rate 36 slope 138 index 1.6
The absolutely nasty duck hook I have been fighting lately may finally be under control to some degree, I was as usual overswinging and getting my upper body ahead of my lower too much causing everything to just close down on impact, I just need to really focus on slowing down and the ball goes just fine, in fact it goes a very long ways when everything gets in sync. I think I could have a shot at my goal now if I can keep what works in the forefront of my mind while on the course, I just don't have the swing ingrained very well and it's going to take time to work it into habit.
Stone Canyon: 73.2CR 141slope....
I was cruising along playing well and making easy pars. I had a couple decent looks at birdie, but never capitalized. I was still playing well and only +3 through the 14th hole in spite of making no birdies when disaster reared it's ugly head. Two bad swings cost me 4 strokes and I played the final 4 holes in +6!! Ouch............
Good times! LOL
New low score of 85 and tied for best score to par. It was a 42/43 (+14) on an easy course but very pleased with my game. Hit the ball better than ever before, nice baby draws on almost every shot. Just couldn't quite hit enough greens for how well i was playing though, was playing well enough the challenge sub-80.
Lost 3 shots due to one shank on hole 7. Middle of the fairway, 145yrds to go and hit a pure shank into knee high rough, managed to hack out for a triple when really should have been looking at par but oh well. That was my only terrible shot of the day.
Scorecard (Click to show)
Yesterday evening: San Dimas Canyon Blues. 71.7/126 (6400 yards) 98. 15 bogies, 4-over, 4-over and 3-over. Pretty bad round in general, and my behavior was less than optimal.
Mood really makes a huge difference on these short tight courses. Of the bogies, at least half were three putts. I didn't keep detailed stats (and my hand writing was pretty bad yesterday), but I think I got something like 6 Fairways, a few GIR. I didn't really care since I 3 putted all of them. The holes seemed to have lips that turn the ball away. I ended up trying to hit the back of the cup anywhere inside of 5 feet. My average drive was really short, only about 220 yards, if I didn't count the -10 yard one that bounced off a pole 45 yards away. I kept hitting through the trees for some reason. My longest drives were OB, with one lucky fairway at 281. We used the cart GPS to measure our approaches, and it reported that I had 200 yards left to a pin on that hole. Wrong, it was about 175, with a slight uphill. Good thing I depended upon instincts and pulled my 5i or I would have lost the ball in poison ivy. In general, I think I just let too many things get to me. My key 1 failure was also an issue, which my son brought up after the round. He said I was picking up my whole body an inch or so after the transition from roughly A3 to A6.
I felt really good about a putt that came to about 18 inches all the way from the back on 14. I claimed it was a 100 foot putt to a gimme, my son claimed it was 60 feet. I just google mapped it to be about 80 feet, even though we both paced it off. There's a massive hump it needed to go over and a three way break. Still a bogie because my shorter hybrid was giving me trouble off the tee (a significant part of my behavior problem).
Anyway, on to the next round tomorrow.
was playing tournament today.started off par par,bogey,par.on 435 yard par 4 I tried to hit driver too hard and pulled it lil bit and must have hit tree or something because I found it but still had 280 left so missed a 4 footer for bogey to make a 6.couple more pars and a bogey before reaching a 220 yard par 3.so im only 5 over thru 10 holes but on the par 3 my ball winds up in bunker in someones unraked footprint and I triple the hole.next hole tripled followed by bogey and finishing with an 86.the bad break in bunker cost me dearly as it rattled me.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › A friend just asked 16 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015) 28 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (September 2015) 30 minutes ago
- › My Swing (MattM) 35 minutes ago
- › Player of the Year - Jordan Spieth? What would Jason Day have to do... 37 minutes ago
- › Donald Trump for president? 40 minutes ago
- › Sore Ribs after Playing - Why? 43 minutes ago
- › AimPoint Green Reading 1 hour ago
- › your shopping experience 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › The Films and Movies Thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Ben Hogan Golf Men's TK1561TVS Sand Wedge, Right Hand, Steel,... by bmartin461
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes