Not sure what I shot today since the guy driving the cart kept the scorecard-- wasn't anything special though, several pars with the rest of the holes split evenly between singles and doubles. 133 slope, Heritage Eagle Bend for the Colorado people here, course is in fantastic shape.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I have always enjoyed walking. Always feel much more connected to the round, feel like i can learn the course better etc. However, of late some lower back nerve problems have really slowed me down....
The Garmin G3 is a basic, but very solid GPS unit. This is a model that came out a few years ago and it certainly doesn't have some of the advanced features that its successors have added. But what...
I was very excited to get a chance to review the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoe. When I first checked them out on the Adidas website, I was intrigued by the Boost energy capsules, and I was...
Back in summer 2013, a Bridgestone ballfitting team visited my home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The pair offered us a chance to test our current ball vs. Bridgestone products, and...
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 671
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Only 9 but I think I ironed out a few things with the exception of putting, I think I may have my full swing back on track some.
38 on rate 36 slope 138 index 1.6
The absolutely nasty duck hook I have been fighting lately may finally be under control to some degree, I was as usual overswinging and getting my upper body ahead of my lower too much causing everything to just close down on impact, I just need to really focus on slowing down and the ball goes just fine, in fact it goes a very long ways when everything gets in sync. I think I could have a shot at my goal now if I can keep what works in the forefront of my mind while on the course, I just don't have the swing ingrained very well and it's going to take time to work it into habit.
Stone Canyon: 73.2CR 141slope....
I was cruising along playing well and making easy pars. I had a couple decent looks at birdie, but never capitalized. I was still playing well and only +3 through the 14th hole in spite of making no birdies when disaster reared it's ugly head. Two bad swings cost me 4 strokes and I played the final 4 holes in +6!! Ouch............
Good times! LOL
New low score of 85 and tied for best score to par. It was a 42/43 (+14) on an easy course but very pleased with my game. Hit the ball better than ever before, nice baby draws on almost every shot. Just couldn't quite hit enough greens for how well i was playing though, was playing well enough the challenge sub-80.
Lost 3 shots due to one shank on hole 7. Middle of the fairway, 145yrds to go and hit a pure shank into knee high rough, managed to hack out for a triple when really should have been looking at par but oh well. That was my only terrible shot of the day.
Scorecard (Click to show)
Yesterday evening: San Dimas Canyon Blues. 71.7/126 (6400 yards) 98. 15 bogies, 4-over, 4-over and 3-over. Pretty bad round in general, and my behavior was less than optimal.
Mood really makes a huge difference on these short tight courses. Of the bogies, at least half were three putts. I didn't keep detailed stats (and my hand writing was pretty bad yesterday), but I think I got something like 6 Fairways, a few GIR. I didn't really care since I 3 putted all of them. The holes seemed to have lips that turn the ball away. I ended up trying to hit the back of the cup anywhere inside of 5 feet. My average drive was really short, only about 220 yards, if I didn't count the -10 yard one that bounced off a pole 45 yards away. I kept hitting through the trees for some reason. My longest drives were OB, with one lucky fairway at 281. We used the cart GPS to measure our approaches, and it reported that I had 200 yards left to a pin on that hole. Wrong, it was about 175, with a slight uphill. Good thing I depended upon instincts and pulled my 5i or I would have lost the ball in poison ivy. In general, I think I just let too many things get to me. My key 1 failure was also an issue, which my son brought up after the round. He said I was picking up my whole body an inch or so after the transition from roughly A3 to A6.
I felt really good about a putt that came to about 18 inches all the way from the back on 14. I claimed it was a 100 foot putt to a gimme, my son claimed it was 60 feet. I just google mapped it to be about 80 feet, even though we both paced it off. There's a massive hump it needed to go over and a three way break. Still a bogie because my shorter hybrid was giving me trouble off the tee (a significant part of my behavior problem).
Anyway, on to the next round tomorrow.
was playing tournament today.started off par par,bogey,par.on 435 yard par 4 I tried to hit driver too hard and pulled it lil bit and must have hit tree or something because I found it but still had 280 left so missed a 4 footer for bogey to make a 6.couple more pars and a bogey before reaching a 220 yard par 3.so im only 5 over thru 10 holes but on the par 3 my ball winds up in bunker in someones unraked footprint and I triple the hole.next hole tripled followed by bogey and finishing with an 86.the bad break in bunker cost me dearly as it rattled me.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › Should you play tees/courses based solely from driver times 28? 5 minutes ago
- › How Would You Play It? An Exercise in LSW Shot Zones and Shades of... 7 minutes ago
- › "Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik 15 minutes ago
- › TRUE Linkswear 2015 Lineup 16 minutes ago
- › Putting Stroke Tips 16 minutes ago
- › Question on posting scores for handicaps 17 minutes ago
- › Downwind - Knocking the Ball Out of the Air 22 minutes ago
- › The Most Annoying Golf Partners 23 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Torres9) 27 minutes ago
- › Forum Profile Handicap Indices.... 33 minutes ago
- › Clicgear Model 3.5+ Push Cart by oregongolfguy
- › Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS by dkolo
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by k-troop
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes