Not sure what I shot today since the guy driving the cart kept the scorecard-- wasn't anything special though, several pars with the rest of the holes split evenly between singles and doubles. 133 slope, Heritage Eagle Bend for the Colorado people here, course is in fantastic shape.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Gripping the club has always been an adventure with me. My father had me reading 5 lessons before I even picked up a club and it really instilled in me just how important the grip is to the swing....
I was at my local golf shop in need of a putter. I played around with Ping, Odyssey & scotty Camerons. I finally picked up a Cleveland Classic #1, 34" and it was on! It was buttery soft with a...
I bough this bag when I made the transition from carrying to walking with a cart. My local golf shop had them on clearance for $99. I chose the lime green figure I might aswell make a statement...
I got this bag 2 years ago and was never disappointment. The zipperless ball pocket is a great invention. The Drink Pouch is accessible while walking. I like the club compartments are individual....
I received this as a gift. One can never have too many socks or belts. However I usually purchase both at a neo-department store. I will not give the name of the store, but they target their...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 671
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Only 9 but I think I ironed out a few things with the exception of putting, I think I may have my full swing back on track some.
38 on rate 36 slope 138 index 1.6
The absolutely nasty duck hook I have been fighting lately may finally be under control to some degree, I was as usual overswinging and getting my upper body ahead of my lower too much causing everything to just close down on impact, I just need to really focus on slowing down and the ball goes just fine, in fact it goes a very long ways when everything gets in sync. I think I could have a shot at my goal now if I can keep what works in the forefront of my mind while on the course, I just don't have the swing ingrained very well and it's going to take time to work it into habit.
Stone Canyon: 73.2CR 141slope....
I was cruising along playing well and making easy pars. I had a couple decent looks at birdie, but never capitalized. I was still playing well and only +3 through the 14th hole in spite of making no birdies when disaster reared it's ugly head. Two bad swings cost me 4 strokes and I played the final 4 holes in +6!! Ouch............
Good times! LOL
New low score of 85 and tied for best score to par. It was a 42/43 (+14) on an easy course but very pleased with my game. Hit the ball better than ever before, nice baby draws on almost every shot. Just couldn't quite hit enough greens for how well i was playing though, was playing well enough the challenge sub-80.
Lost 3 shots due to one shank on hole 7. Middle of the fairway, 145yrds to go and hit a pure shank into knee high rough, managed to hack out for a triple when really should have been looking at par but oh well. That was my only terrible shot of the day.
Scorecard (Click to show)
Yesterday evening: San Dimas Canyon Blues. 71.7/126 (6400 yards) 98. 15 bogies, 4-over, 4-over and 3-over. Pretty bad round in general, and my behavior was less than optimal.
Mood really makes a huge difference on these short tight courses. Of the bogies, at least half were three putts. I didn't keep detailed stats (and my hand writing was pretty bad yesterday), but I think I got something like 6 Fairways, a few GIR. I didn't really care since I 3 putted all of them. The holes seemed to have lips that turn the ball away. I ended up trying to hit the back of the cup anywhere inside of 5 feet. My average drive was really short, only about 220 yards, if I didn't count the -10 yard one that bounced off a pole 45 yards away. I kept hitting through the trees for some reason. My longest drives were OB, with one lucky fairway at 281. We used the cart GPS to measure our approaches, and it reported that I had 200 yards left to a pin on that hole. Wrong, it was about 175, with a slight uphill. Good thing I depended upon instincts and pulled my 5i or I would have lost the ball in poison ivy. In general, I think I just let too many things get to me. My key 1 failure was also an issue, which my son brought up after the round. He said I was picking up my whole body an inch or so after the transition from roughly A3 to A6.
I felt really good about a putt that came to about 18 inches all the way from the back on 14. I claimed it was a 100 foot putt to a gimme, my son claimed it was 60 feet. I just google mapped it to be about 80 feet, even though we both paced it off. There's a massive hump it needed to go over and a three way break. Still a bogie because my shorter hybrid was giving me trouble off the tee (a significant part of my behavior problem).
Anyway, on to the next round tomorrow.
was playing tournament today.started off par par,bogey,par.on 435 yard par 4 I tried to hit driver too hard and pulled it lil bit and must have hit tree or something because I found it but still had 280 left so missed a 4 footer for bogey to make a 6.couple more pars and a bogey before reaching a 220 yard par 3.so im only 5 over thru 10 holes but on the par 3 my ball winds up in bunker in someones unraked footprint and I triple the hole.next hole tripled followed by bogey and finishing with an 86.the bad break in bunker cost me dearly as it rattled me.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Shanking wedges!!!! 36 minutes ago
- › Do you go to the practice range before every round? 43 minutes ago
- › Paula Creamer wants a Women’s Masters at Augusta [SB Nation] 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › How Often Do You Replace… Your Putter? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › How Often Do You Replace… Your Irons? 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Are you a picker or a digger 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › How Often Do You Replace… Your Driver? 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › My Swing (chris3putt) 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Get Better Now! April 2015 Practice Challenge Thread 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Greetings Everyone! 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by SavvySwede
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › True Linkswear TRUE motion by boogielicious
- › River Forest CC by dfreuter415
- › Srixon Z-Star XV by Tgb02
- › Talon Golf Glove by Jakester23
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest