Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 11/24/14 at 1:56pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Great all-around ball - good length, checks-up on shots to green, and arguable helps with a straighter flight. Totally disagree with comment that ball is "too pricey" - [less than $2.00/ball...
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 677
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot a 73 on a Par 71 layout yesterday. Was at even until I spun one off the green and into the drink on 17. I don't have a handicap, though I'd say it would likely be in the high teens prior to yesterday's round. Four previous rounds were all in the 91-95 range, and I hadn't broken 80 since June 2012.
I'd been having a terrible time for years with pulls and pull hooks, and gone down a slew of roads to alleviate the problem. After pull-hooking my opening tee shot (and scrambling for par), I went to the second tee with the thought of getting to "pitch elbow" on the downswing. I'm not even sure why I thought of it to be honest. I was so hung up on getting in the correct backswing positions for the longest time, I figured I would just mentally focus on the downswing and impact zone. For the first time in forever, I hit a long pure power fade. I carried that thought throughout the round and I struck it more crisply with my woods and irons than I probably have in the last 15 years. Power fade with the woods and a penetrating baby draw with the irons. Didn't focus much on the backswing at all, other than the thought of getting to a nice spot in which to slot the club to pitch elbow on the downswing. And once I got into the slot, I just threw my right hand and left side at the ball with everything I had. Felt great to be able to fully release like that without the fear of hooking the ball.
Really hoping this is more than a one day fix, as I had almost given up on ever playing good golf again.
35 on a 33
not as good as it sounds, this is a super easy course and I left a lot of opportunities on the course (missed short putts) but they were balanced by about an equal number of really good pitches that let me save par from bad approach shots
I should probably stop using scores from these short 9 courses in my handicap calcs, I'm likely showing something better than is reasonable for my level of mediocrity.
On the other hand, it should be about 10 more rounds before some of the end of last year's good scores start to fall off and some of the crappy scores show up anyway. It's pretty self correcting either way I suspect.
82. Much, much better!
But I really didn't play that much better than the last time out when I scored a 97. The difference? I was back at my nice, forgiving home course. :) Only 1 penalty instead of 7. My (second) putts were sinking instead of lipping out.
...I need to play a greater variety of courses...
Scheduled a last minute tee time and barely got there in time. Didn't clean my clubs from my last round plus a trip to the range so they were all cruddy and forgot I ran out of real balls and had to play random junk/found balls all day. Between rushing and being totally unprepared I just never got into a groove and played like ass all day-- +30 with 3 pars, 131 slope.
42 for a quick nine on the front of my local muni course. Thought I was playing a links course with all the weather changes throughout the round (cold, wet for the first few holes, to hot and humid for the middle, to cool and breezy for the closing holes). My game wasn't too bad though and I made most fairways and good contact all day long.
I live out in California and got a chance to head out on Friday the6th
Played San Jose Municipal:
Front 9: hit 6 out of 9 fairways and 2 pars for a 46
Back 9: hit 7 out of 9 fairways longest drive 280+ 1 par for a 43
Short game was ruff need to work about 60 yds and closer putting is ok
6/1 played Napa Valley Country Club:
Played like S_ _ _ nothing to brag about
Course is beautiful scene is great from all angles wish i played better
Memorial Day played Willow park:
Front 9: played ok hit 5 out of 9 fairways longest drive 290+
Back 9: shot a little better 7 out of 9 fairways drives are on hit short game needs work
putting is ok
Shot a 91 at a tough 6400 yard par 72 today. Was just going to go the range, but made some adjustments and starting hitting straight monster shots with the driver so decided to play. All was well until ~14th hole, I pushed or sliced my last 3 drives of the day. Fell apart on last few holes.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Emojis have a mind of their own 4 minutes ago
- › The "Ball Under a Foot of Water" Challenge 6 minutes ago
- › Favorite TV Show(s) 10 minutes ago
- › Is Distance Really That Important for Amateurs? 20 minutes ago
- › What's Your Scariest Hole? 25 minutes ago
- › Can't take soccer (football) seriously 42 minutes ago
- › The Top 13 Best Landscaped College Golf Courses 47 minutes ago
- › How many courses have you played? 52 minutes ago
- › What Are Your 2015 Golf Goals? Official Thread 52 minutes ago
- › Food Thread 58 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes