Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Today at 8:41 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 677
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot a 73 on a Par 71 layout yesterday. Was at even until I spun one off the green and into the drink on 17. I don't have a handicap, though I'd say it would likely be in the high teens prior to yesterday's round. Four previous rounds were all in the 91-95 range, and I hadn't broken 80 since June 2012.
I'd been having a terrible time for years with pulls and pull hooks, and gone down a slew of roads to alleviate the problem. After pull-hooking my opening tee shot (and scrambling for par), I went to the second tee with the thought of getting to "pitch elbow" on the downswing. I'm not even sure why I thought of it to be honest. I was so hung up on getting in the correct backswing positions for the longest time, I figured I would just mentally focus on the downswing and impact zone. For the first time in forever, I hit a long pure power fade. I carried that thought throughout the round and I struck it more crisply with my woods and irons than I probably have in the last 15 years. Power fade with the woods and a penetrating baby draw with the irons. Didn't focus much on the backswing at all, other than the thought of getting to a nice spot in which to slot the club to pitch elbow on the downswing. And once I got into the slot, I just threw my right hand and left side at the ball with everything I had. Felt great to be able to fully release like that without the fear of hooking the ball.
Really hoping this is more than a one day fix, as I had almost given up on ever playing good golf again.
35 on a 33
not as good as it sounds, this is a super easy course and I left a lot of opportunities on the course (missed short putts) but they were balanced by about an equal number of really good pitches that let me save par from bad approach shots
I should probably stop using scores from these short 9 courses in my handicap calcs, I'm likely showing something better than is reasonable for my level of mediocrity.
On the other hand, it should be about 10 more rounds before some of the end of last year's good scores start to fall off and some of the crappy scores show up anyway. It's pretty self correcting either way I suspect.
82. Much, much better!
But I really didn't play that much better than the last time out when I scored a 97. The difference? I was back at my nice, forgiving home course. :) Only 1 penalty instead of 7. My (second) putts were sinking instead of lipping out.
...I need to play a greater variety of courses...
Scheduled a last minute tee time and barely got there in time. Didn't clean my clubs from my last round plus a trip to the range so they were all cruddy and forgot I ran out of real balls and had to play random junk/found balls all day. Between rushing and being totally unprepared I just never got into a groove and played like ass all day-- +30 with 3 pars, 131 slope.
42 for a quick nine on the front of my local muni course. Thought I was playing a links course with all the weather changes throughout the round (cold, wet for the first few holes, to hot and humid for the middle, to cool and breezy for the closing holes). My game wasn't too bad though and I made most fairways and good contact all day long.
I live out in California and got a chance to head out on Friday the6th
Played San Jose Municipal:
Front 9: hit 6 out of 9 fairways and 2 pars for a 46
Back 9: hit 7 out of 9 fairways longest drive 280+ 1 par for a 43
Short game was ruff need to work about 60 yds and closer putting is ok
6/1 played Napa Valley Country Club:
Played like S_ _ _ nothing to brag about
Course is beautiful scene is great from all angles wish i played better
Memorial Day played Willow park:
Front 9: played ok hit 5 out of 9 fairways longest drive 290+
Back 9: shot a little better 7 out of 9 fairways drives are on hit short game needs work
putting is ok
Shot a 91 at a tough 6400 yard par 72 today. Was just going to go the range, but made some adjustments and starting hitting straight monster shots with the driver so decided to play. All was well until ~14th hole, I pushed or sliced my last 3 drives of the day. Fell apart on last few holes.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Golf Celebrations 11 minutes ago
- › The Films and Movies Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Your GAME Golf Profile 16 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 20 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Rudder97) 35 minutes ago
- › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. 41 minutes ago
- › Is Distance Really That Important for Amateurs? 41 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 53 minutes ago
- › TRUE Linkswear Tour Shoes 53 minutes ago
- › TRUE Shoes, Barefoot, and More 55 minutes ago
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes