Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 5/22/15 at 3:17pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 678
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
bad round again - back nine 9 holes 45. some pars, but just some poor shots add up fast. handicap will be rising - playing bi-polar - 77, 82, 91, 35, and now this 45. I'm all over the place.
like last time, I went and played a few more before dark. 1, 2, 3, 9 bogie, par, par, par.....that's more like like it - even the bogie took 2 bad shots to avoid par..... That hole 9 is a goofy long par 4 (mediocre drive in fairway, then a great 2h 230 yards on the green, about a 60 foot putt to tap in distance - have to say, the 2h and the long putt were the best shots of the day)
either way, had a good time
42 last evening with 19 putts, 7/7 fairways and 5/9 GIR. I missed my first eagle of the year by two inches, but I am blaming the awfully aerated greens. First hole, 246 yards..... hit a perfect draw with the three wood stopping about 18 feet from the pin. Had the perfect line with a left to right break, ball tracking right for the cup and then it hit the wall.... Well, not really a wall, a stupid aeration hole that had no sand fill in it!! I left the hole a bit angry, but used the drive as a high note to keep my spirits up for the rest of the round.
San Dimas Canyon Blues: 71.7/126 (6400) yards played 12 holes. Shot 44 front 9, then par, birdie, bogie.
Took my new Cobra Bio Cell driver for a spin on the course. It hits farther than my old driver with a whole lot less effort. 12 degree loft setting. Drives were high and above trouble. I hit one ball OB when I over hit a dogleg, but once I got used to it I was able to cut doglegs over trees.
Two birdies out of 12 holes. My son recounted every stroke. Twice. One was a really short 452 yard par 5, that I cut over the trees on the drive. Another on a medium length 377 yard par 4 on the back 9.
State of mind makes a huge difference. 5 strokes per 9, anyway. My iron play was still crappy, but I managed to roll in a few GIR.
Forgot to mention my son shot 42, par, par, par on the same holes.
+24 with a few pars, 131 slope. Front 9 was exceptionally ugly (+15), couldn't get a handle on the proper putting speed (lipped out 3 or 4 times) and lost a few balls by being greedy. Straightened things out somewhat on the back 9 (+9) where I made several putts in the 8-15 foot range and all my pars.
I got 34 stableford points which was like, C- grade for effort.
I got zero points from as many as 8 holes, which was quite disastrous really. Topped irons, topped drives, thinned irons, duffed wedges, a couple OB balls (rough extremely penalizing)
Wind was mostly strong wind against our shots to be honest. Other times it was fast-changing strong crosswinds.
But I still got the 34 stableford points from the 12 other holes, including doing well on the most difficult holes. I made like 5 bogies and 1 par !!!
Other causes for topped shots and thinned shots include downhill and uphill lies especially in sand shots. And "ball beneath feet" lies in fairway and rough. There were even a couple of "buried deep in rough" lies.
Ya gotta love those buried in deep, lies in the rough...
Shot 84 in the dogfight group this morning. Would've easily broken 80 if not for some serious mental lapses. My ball striking was on point and I let a few mistakes mentally beat me.
Shot 40-44; the back nine continues to be a dumpster fire. I get so anxious about shooting well that it all goes out the window. Example: I hit a 280 yard drive and was left with 100 yards to the pin, and took a six. Next hole, perfect tee shot again, 7 iron to 20 feet, two putt par. It's really frustrating.
+6 on the back nine (which we played first) and +1 on the front nine.
Each green is totally different from the others and judging the reaction of chips and pitches and putting are both pretty tough.
Not a good combination when missing a lot of greens.
Stopped in for a quick nine as I was driving past the course today, shot a 41. Only 2/7 on fairways today, was missing right for some reason. The second shots were my saving grace as I hit some fantastic shots out of the rough, and only a couple of three putts, even though the aerated greens are still pretty bad.
46, front of Miami Shore GC (Troy, OH).
Not too bad for my standards. As my swing is straightening out, I'm working on my alignment which had been a compensation for my wicked slice. One funny thing is that a rather odd fellow insisted I borrow his sand wedge a few weeks back. I've tried to meet him twice in two weeks to return it and the guy no-showed. I'm started to get pretty comfortable with it and made some really nice shots yesterday.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015) 16 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Stretch) 20 minutes ago
- › Right sided swing aka Gary Edwin 36 minutes ago
- › Going to range tonight ;-p 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › "The A Swing: The Alternative Approach to Great Golf" by David... 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › My Swing (FaldosEgo) 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › how to get more outward with the right shoulder? 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Buck Nutz) 2 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Diary of a bogey golfer with his 1st custom fit clubs 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest