Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
If you are going there for a fun and short weekend round, you can usually finish up on 2 hours or less depending upon how many golfers are playing. My kids and I used to play this course once a...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 678
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
bad round again - back nine 9 holes 45. some pars, but just some poor shots add up fast. handicap will be rising - playing bi-polar - 77, 82, 91, 35, and now this 45. I'm all over the place.
like last time, I went and played a few more before dark. 1, 2, 3, 9 bogie, par, par, par.....that's more like like it - even the bogie took 2 bad shots to avoid par..... That hole 9 is a goofy long par 4 (mediocre drive in fairway, then a great 2h 230 yards on the green, about a 60 foot putt to tap in distance - have to say, the 2h and the long putt were the best shots of the day)
either way, had a good time
42 last evening with 19 putts, 7/7 fairways and 5/9 GIR. I missed my first eagle of the year by two inches, but I am blaming the awfully aerated greens. First hole, 246 yards..... hit a perfect draw with the three wood stopping about 18 feet from the pin. Had the perfect line with a left to right break, ball tracking right for the cup and then it hit the wall.... Well, not really a wall, a stupid aeration hole that had no sand fill in it!! I left the hole a bit angry, but used the drive as a high note to keep my spirits up for the rest of the round.
San Dimas Canyon Blues: 71.7/126 (6400) yards played 12 holes. Shot 44 front 9, then par, birdie, bogie.
Took my new Cobra Bio Cell driver for a spin on the course. It hits farther than my old driver with a whole lot less effort. 12 degree loft setting. Drives were high and above trouble. I hit one ball OB when I over hit a dogleg, but once I got used to it I was able to cut doglegs over trees.
Two birdies out of 12 holes. My son recounted every stroke. Twice. One was a really short 452 yard par 5, that I cut over the trees on the drive. Another on a medium length 377 yard par 4 on the back 9.
State of mind makes a huge difference. 5 strokes per 9, anyway. My iron play was still crappy, but I managed to roll in a few GIR.
Forgot to mention my son shot 42, par, par, par on the same holes.
+24 with a few pars, 131 slope. Front 9 was exceptionally ugly (+15), couldn't get a handle on the proper putting speed (lipped out 3 or 4 times) and lost a few balls by being greedy. Straightened things out somewhat on the back 9 (+9) where I made several putts in the 8-15 foot range and all my pars.
I got 34 stableford points which was like, C- grade for effort.
I got zero points from as many as 8 holes, which was quite disastrous really. Topped irons, topped drives, thinned irons, duffed wedges, a couple OB balls (rough extremely penalizing)
Wind was mostly strong wind against our shots to be honest. Other times it was fast-changing strong crosswinds.
But I still got the 34 stableford points from the 12 other holes, including doing well on the most difficult holes. I made like 5 bogies and 1 par !!!
Other causes for topped shots and thinned shots include downhill and uphill lies especially in sand shots. And "ball beneath feet" lies in fairway and rough. There were even a couple of "buried deep in rough" lies.
Ya gotta love those buried in deep, lies in the rough...
Shot 84 in the dogfight group this morning. Would've easily broken 80 if not for some serious mental lapses. My ball striking was on point and I let a few mistakes mentally beat me.
Shot 40-44; the back nine continues to be a dumpster fire. I get so anxious about shooting well that it all goes out the window. Example: I hit a 280 yard drive and was left with 100 yards to the pin, and took a six. Next hole, perfect tee shot again, 7 iron to 20 feet, two putt par. It's really frustrating.
+6 on the back nine (which we played first) and +1 on the front nine.
Each green is totally different from the others and judging the reaction of chips and pitches and putting are both pretty tough.
Not a good combination when missing a lot of greens.
Stopped in for a quick nine as I was driving past the course today, shot a 41. Only 2/7 on fairways today, was missing right for some reason. The second shots were my saving grace as I hit some fantastic shots out of the rough, and only a couple of three putts, even though the aerated greens are still pretty bad.
46, front of Miami Shore GC (Troy, OH).
Not too bad for my standards. As my swing is straightening out, I'm working on my alignment which had been a compensation for my wicked slice. One funny thing is that a rather odd fellow insisted I borrow his sand wedge a few weeks back. I've tried to meet him twice in two weeks to return it and the guy no-showed. I'm started to get pretty comfortable with it and made some really nice shots yesterday.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › My Swing (bgoods1221) 23 seconds ago
- › Strength and Depth of Field in Jack's Day and Tiger's Day 1 minute ago
- › Fling Golf 1 minute ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (July 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › When to go for it vs when to lay up 7 minutes ago
- › My Swing (oudrees) 10 minutes ago
- › Tiger Woods and Chris Como spliting? 19 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 20 minutes ago
- › What type of course is best for you? 27 minutes ago
- › Post Your GAME Golf Rounds 27 minutes ago
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes