Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I was given a dozen of these balls to play and test out.. I have played these for over 6-7 rounds now and have shot some good scores for me (Mid-70-s). As such, I kept the same ball for a few...
First off I would like to thank The Sand Trap Staff along with Bridgestone Golf for the opportunity to test and write my review of the E-6 golf ball. Hopefully my review will enhance the...
I thought the book was well thought out. It dispels some long held myths about the golf game, but also shows you why they are myths instead of just telling you. It really takes game management...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 678
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
bad round again - back nine 9 holes 45. some pars, but just some poor shots add up fast. handicap will be rising - playing bi-polar - 77, 82, 91, 35, and now this 45. I'm all over the place.
like last time, I went and played a few more before dark. 1, 2, 3, 9 bogie, par, par, par.....that's more like like it - even the bogie took 2 bad shots to avoid par..... That hole 9 is a goofy long par 4 (mediocre drive in fairway, then a great 2h 230 yards on the green, about a 60 foot putt to tap in distance - have to say, the 2h and the long putt were the best shots of the day)
either way, had a good time
42 last evening with 19 putts, 7/7 fairways and 5/9 GIR. I missed my first eagle of the year by two inches, but I am blaming the awfully aerated greens. First hole, 246 yards..... hit a perfect draw with the three wood stopping about 18 feet from the pin. Had the perfect line with a left to right break, ball tracking right for the cup and then it hit the wall.... Well, not really a wall, a stupid aeration hole that had no sand fill in it!! I left the hole a bit angry, but used the drive as a high note to keep my spirits up for the rest of the round.
San Dimas Canyon Blues: 71.7/126 (6400) yards played 12 holes. Shot 44 front 9, then par, birdie, bogie.
Took my new Cobra Bio Cell driver for a spin on the course. It hits farther than my old driver with a whole lot less effort. 12 degree loft setting. Drives were high and above trouble. I hit one ball OB when I over hit a dogleg, but once I got used to it I was able to cut doglegs over trees.
Two birdies out of 12 holes. My son recounted every stroke. Twice. One was a really short 452 yard par 5, that I cut over the trees on the drive. Another on a medium length 377 yard par 4 on the back 9.
State of mind makes a huge difference. 5 strokes per 9, anyway. My iron play was still crappy, but I managed to roll in a few GIR.
Forgot to mention my son shot 42, par, par, par on the same holes.
+24 with a few pars, 131 slope. Front 9 was exceptionally ugly (+15), couldn't get a handle on the proper putting speed (lipped out 3 or 4 times) and lost a few balls by being greedy. Straightened things out somewhat on the back 9 (+9) where I made several putts in the 8-15 foot range and all my pars.
I got 34 stableford points which was like, C- grade for effort.
I got zero points from as many as 8 holes, which was quite disastrous really. Topped irons, topped drives, thinned irons, duffed wedges, a couple OB balls (rough extremely penalizing)
Wind was mostly strong wind against our shots to be honest. Other times it was fast-changing strong crosswinds.
But I still got the 34 stableford points from the 12 other holes, including doing well on the most difficult holes. I made like 5 bogies and 1 par !!!
Other causes for topped shots and thinned shots include downhill and uphill lies especially in sand shots. And "ball beneath feet" lies in fairway and rough. There were even a couple of "buried deep in rough" lies.
Ya gotta love those buried in deep, lies in the rough...
Shot 84 in the dogfight group this morning. Would've easily broken 80 if not for some serious mental lapses. My ball striking was on point and I let a few mistakes mentally beat me.
Shot 40-44; the back nine continues to be a dumpster fire. I get so anxious about shooting well that it all goes out the window. Example: I hit a 280 yard drive and was left with 100 yards to the pin, and took a six. Next hole, perfect tee shot again, 7 iron to 20 feet, two putt par. It's really frustrating.
+6 on the back nine (which we played first) and +1 on the front nine.
Each green is totally different from the others and judging the reaction of chips and pitches and putting are both pretty tough.
Not a good combination when missing a lot of greens.
Stopped in for a quick nine as I was driving past the course today, shot a 41. Only 2/7 on fairways today, was missing right for some reason. The second shots were my saving grace as I hit some fantastic shots out of the rough, and only a couple of three putts, even though the aerated greens are still pretty bad.
46, front of Miami Shore GC (Troy, OH).
Not too bad for my standards. As my swing is straightening out, I'm working on my alignment which had been a compensation for my wicked slice. One funny thing is that a rather odd fellow insisted I borrow his sand wedge a few weeks back. I've tried to meet him twice in two weeks to return it and the guy no-showed. I'm started to get pretty comfortable with it and made some really nice shots yesterday.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Why America fell out of love with golf - [Washington Post] 15 seconds ago
- › Keeping clubs looking like new 4 minutes ago
- › What irons? 7 minutes ago
- › Winter Depression Thread 7 minutes ago
- › As Tiger Woods Fades, a Fear That Revenue Will, Too [NYT] 8 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 12 minutes ago
- › Help me decide: Should I get new irons or an Edel putter first! 12 minutes ago
- › What do you think is the most important club in the bag? 16 minutes ago
- › Las Vegas Golf Course Recommendation 20 minutes ago
- › Harrison Ford Seriously Injured After Plane Crash at Golf Course 22 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by cliffj
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Club Rat
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by oregongolfguy
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes