81. And it felt even better than that because I had a stretch of 7 pars in a row, and another stretch of 5 holes under par. (Just don't ask me about 1, 9, 17, and 18.)
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
I picked up this book after it was posting for discussion in the Reading Room section of The Sand Trap. James Sieckmann is a former PGA Pro who turned to coaching. His methods were developed...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 680
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
82 - 45/37 at Cotton Fields.
It was a frustrating front nine. I played with a good friend of mine and instead of focusing I let my guard down and just shit the bed for the first two holes: bogey, triple bogey. I got it together until I quadruple-bogeyed the ninth.
Had two birdies on the back nine, with a bad three-putt par on a par five. Christ.
Fun round. Easy tee-to-green, super tough greens.
86 front 45 back 41 rate 72.6 slope 135
3 D bogeys
Just too many things still going wrong, poor putting with 4 three putts hurt very badly and a lost ball on the easiest hole caused a double where it's the least expected, one positive was I did settle down on the back nine which is 2-3 strokes more difficult and played the last 7 holes at only 2 over and 3 of the toughest holes are IMO so some good there. I'm simply not playing very well at all and I think an upward click in index to over 6 may in fact happen and to be honest not that un welcome right now I need the strokes so why not. I was playing with a good friend and we were talking about a course we used to play quite often that was much easier and how we would probably enjoy the round a little more but unfortunately they let it go to crap.
+19 with 6 pars, 131 slope. Hit some nice drives and a few nice irons, was really cool to have things come together on the par holes. One triple and 5 doubles mostly from lost balls which was annoying, I really need to cut down on that. Overall a big improvement from the last couple times I played this course.
82 front 44 back 38 par 72 rate 73.4 slope 139 indexed 7.0
Blew an opportunity to shoot a low round with a bad front 9 and it's the easier 9 by at least 2-3. still pleased with the way I finished though because breaking 40 on the back nine is a real accomplishment IMO and besides I won some money on that back 9 score and a skin on my 1 birdie, I remember one time I had 5 birdies on the round and wound up with none. My blowup holes namely double bogies are getting less and less and when I'm playing my best they disappear for a round or two so hopefully that is around the corner just in time for club championship. Putting was more on even though I missed a 3 footer for par on the first hole and had 2 other putts wrap around the cup, I want to get my putts down to as close to 30 as possible but the greens are tough where I play so I really have to be on my game for that I think I just have to be more delicate than what I normally am and not charge the putts, drove the ball not too bad and didn't have any real out of control drives that can cause real blowups the 2 doubles were caused by my second shot wound up in a divot near the green and I couldn't get the ball up on the surface with a good enough chance for at least bogey, the second double was caused by an approach that flew the green when the wind that was in my face suddenly stopped right after I hit a PW from 115 thinking I was going against the wind, anyways it's a ski slope from the back to front of this green where the flag was and I misjudged the speed and hit it clean off the front of the green another 20 feet, anyways got back on 2 putt for double.
Played 2nd Major of the season at my home club was going well (-4) then I just had a nightmare over 3 holes and lost my head.
9th - Took wedge from greenside down back and thinned it turning a 5 into a 7, should of just used my putter.
10th - Power hooked 2 balls from middle of fairway after a good tee shot and made a 9.
11th - Missed green on wrong side then left ball top side of green with down hill chip resulting in a 6.
I was really pleased with my play. This was my 4th outing this year. I was effectively back on track with where I left off in 2012 until I lost my head a little on #9 and put one OB off the tee.
The first two fairways I missed were very playable, so those didn't bother me. Some of the three putts were putts I took from off the green, not really sure if I should count those as putts (I'm assuming so) but I have been. No complaints here.
My goal is to get back to my 2012 scoring before I move back a set of tees. The course is really difficult (75.4/152 from the tips), so the whites serve me well for now. I'll probably settle in to the greens (70.6/137) in a few weeks when I'm back to the low 40s regularly from the whites (67.6/126).
Same story (becoming a pattern).
7 over on the back and 2 over on the front. Overall crap!
I can't decide if it's from lack of play, lack of motivation, lack of skill, or lack of consistent greens to putt on, but it's becoming obvious that I can't play the back nine. Two out of the last 3 weeks we played the back nine first with basically the same results. (And the front nine is considered harder).
I need to either find time to play more, go to a driving range, or quit.
My plans were to play a whole lot of golf this year to get used to the swing changes I made last winter but that certainly hasn't happened. I was also going to keep up with scores from rated courses to keep track of the handicap I started last year (just for me). I haven't played any so that hasn't worked out either.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 103 to >83 in one year by working hard and tracking my progress 3 seconds ago
- › Jack or Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer? 10 seconds ago
- › Get Better Now! April 2015 Practice Challenge Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Teacher recommendation for SE London? 7 minutes ago
- › I'm lost, what's the deal with these Super Stroke Grips... 12 minutes ago
- › 13 car companies want to make it illegal to work on your car. 20 minutes ago
- › Diary of a bogey golfer with his 1st custom fit clubs 22 minutes ago
- › Did you know your left side should be dominant? 25 minutes ago
- › Take Your Driver Out of the Bag 25 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Big C) 31 minutes ago
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest