Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I thought the book was well thought out. It dispels some long held myths about the golf game, but also shows you why they are myths instead of just telling you. It really takes game management...
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 687
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Not sure why I decided today to finally start hitting the ball well, but it was a nice day!
69 on a 72.9 course rating. 13 GIR and 8 FIR. Front 9 hit 8 GIR, back 9 was 5 GIR. Had some good up and downs on the back. Final hole finished well, hit the front side sand trap to the green in 2 and hit the perfect sand shot to hole it for eagle!
This course has big hills to walk up, and there was a 4some in front of me, they asked me to play through after I just walked up one of these big hills, and I told them to go on as I needed a breather. But they started looking for balls near the green. It was a par 3 170ish from my tees. They waved me up, so I'm sweating badly and step up with my 8iron choked up a bit, and I stick it 3ft away from the hole! Kinda cool do that under the pressure and conditions. Hopefully I can continue to play well!
42 on a medium 36
only hit the last two fairways, but I was hitting greens from everywhere (luckily, that was balanced by three 3 putts). no birdies
I have to bring it all together again soon. Handicap is rising (probably back to where it should be....)
playing 18 today - hopefully the rest comes back
weird - lately I've been drawing and hooking my 3w - normally it's a fading club....trying figure it out - the rest of the bag is great. gotta be club path, I'm not flipping....doesn't 'feel' like I'm over amping on the club path.....
Should have been a +2, was 90 yards on a par 4, and I pulled my wedge slightly and ended up 2 yards off the green. I was taking practice swings, and the rough felt thicker there. Well the ball was sitting up, and I kinda duffed the chip high on the clubface. Then I ended up jacking my putt from fringe 10 feet past the hole. Ended up with a double.
46 with a quad on the last... Swing is getting much better, had 6 bad shots that cost me close to probably 8-10 total strokes. 2 of them lost balls.
Double, Double, Par, Par, Par, Bogey, Bogey *3 putt*, Bogey, Quad *drive into trees, punch out was good but rolled out behind a tree guarding the green, punch under tree dropped in creek, drop and pitch over ran off green bad chip and 2 putt...*
I feel like I'm pretty close to breaking through and dropping my handicap down again. At least I hope.
5 penalties but saved bogey on 4 of the 5. Score terrible but actually feeling much better about my game. Ball striking improving and I'm getting some drives out there over 270 again, just need more consistency which I'll get with rep.
Playin twice this weekend, 2man Stableford tourney 2morrow so I suspect I'll be posting a good round Sun.
Thinking about this, lame to quote myself but dang this round angers me. Yes I made some lucky putts but I hit the ball really well. +6 on the easier back was a disaster. But I am trending down. I have a 39 hanging out there that I can combine with another good 9 and maybe one more low 80's score should get me back to 8ish handicap.
One thing I noticed that was critical in how I scored was most of my misses were pin high. Even chipping seemed easier from there. Can't say I've ever looked into it but there must be something to this.
5 days after taking the golftec swing evaluation for 99$ and it getting my feet aligned correctly I shot a 75 on a 6000 yard local course.opened with 2 bogeys and finished with a bogey so I played even the 15 in between.took the first two holes to get used to having my feet lined up at target rather than using my open stance.really feels weird lining up different than you have for 20 years but clearly it worked plus a good putting round.10 pars,1 birdie,1 eagle and 6 bogies.
89 at Quail Creek-St Lous
I couldn't hit a putt for the life of me including an eagle put. My wedge play was on par with the past few rounds and continuing to keep me in the rounds. My drives were a little better but my consistency on my 3w and 3h are increasing. I am finally to the point where I trust my 3w as much (if not more) than my driver. I had some bad rounds and didn't use my 3w for about 8 rounds but I recently switched my 14.5 adams for a 16 cobra and the difference is night and day.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › 2015 WGC-Cadillac Championship Discussion Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Indoor full swing practice 32 minutes ago
- › Popcorn Time? 52 minutes ago
- › Camera course VLOGS 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › The Golf Channel Amateur Tour 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › SwingByte and SwingByte 2 Discussion Thread 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Joost Luiten 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Keeping clubs looking like new 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Robbo68) 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Winter Depression Thread 4 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by oregongolfguy
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes