Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I have always enjoyed walking. Always feel much more connected to the round, feel like i can learn the course better etc. However, of late some lower back nerve problems have really slowed me down....
The Garmin G3 is a basic, but very solid GPS unit. This is a model that came out a few years ago and it certainly doesn't have some of the advanced features that its successors have added. But what...
I was very excited to get a chance to review the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoe. When I first checked them out on the Adidas website, I was intrigued by the Boost energy capsules, and I was...
Back in summer 2013, a Bridgestone ballfitting team visited my home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The pair offered us a chance to test our current ball vs. Bridgestone products, and...
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 688
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
42/42 for an 84. Pretty consistant play, with no real bad shots to speak of. Just needed to have some more accurate approach shots to the pin. Had 33 putts. Golfed with a couple tourists from Germany. As I understand it they will be flying out of LAX on Monday to take in the Open Championship. Lucky dogs they are.
Saturday, Kittyhawk GC (Hawk Course) 46-52-98
I did ok on the front. Nothing spectacular, but I was hitting the ball. After the turn, I pulled a bunch of shots into bunkers. Normally, I do ok getting out, but not this day. If not for the 8 or so wasted shots in the sand, this would have been a pretty solid round for me.
Sunday, Miami Shores GC (back nine) 50
Eight holes of so-so golf followed by a meltdown on the 18th hole. Left off the tee, topped the second, left into a waste area. Three to get out. Missed the green right. Pitched on and two-putted for a pathetic 10. Lousy way to end a weekend.
87 and 81 respectively. Not happy these but I am trying to change my swing a lot to get lag and man it's hot as hell here. Like trying to golf in a hot sauna. I find my focus on the green to be severely lacking right now. Don't want to read putts just want to hit them toward the hole and get to the shade somewhere. That equals 34 and 37 putts.
86 on a very easy course. Wildly inconsistent, and awful with all irons 6 and above. Many bad tee shots. After hitting a drive on a 523-yard par 5 to a couple of yards before the blue 200 yard stakes dead-center on fairway, on the next hole I had to carry a pond 50 yards in front of the tee box. I topped the ball so badly that it skimmed the water and hit a tree, landing on the ladies tee box. Very frustrating round.
Best round in quite a while. Got a little lucky on one shot, pitching one in from 40 yards, but if it didn't go in it would have been a tap in. A couple of missed birdie putts are a trade off.
Getting my drives tuned in a little better, but still room for improvement. Follow up with the pro this week.
76 par 72 rate 72.5 slope 135 front 38 back 38 net 65
index 2.9 3rd place
This was a 2 man alternate shot best ball so I will not be posting this score, I really thought me and my partner had a good shot at winning this thing he gets 14 and I had 8 so we got 11 shots all together, we started off well with pars on the first 3 holes and then I chipped in for birdie on the #2 indexed hole for a net eagle and adding the net birdie on the first hole we where already 3 under through 4 holes and looking good. unfortunately I was still fighting my hook that day so it reared it's ugly head on the 5th hole and my partner who is not very long at all left me with a 160 yard uphill approach, anyway he's in a fairway bunker with a huge lip in front and I just got through hitting a bad hook facing a mid iron approach for my next shot needless to say it went left again but not near as bad I just missed the green on the left side but my partner skulled the chip and we had our first bogey. Anyways we just could not play the par 4's well that day we where even on the 3's and 5's but +4 on the par 4's and that made the difference and that was what I was worried about was getting past those relatively easy par 4's with simple pars, my partner has a bad slice and I just kept at him all day to play more left and not down the middle but he just didn't seem to get it I had to hit out of at least 10 bunkers that day lol. I did however stick a couple irons very nicely though on #9 I stuck a wedge from 115 to less than a foot to save par on a par 4 of course and a tee shot on #17 a par 3 to a couple feet from 166 for a nice birdie. Overall a good time my partner felt bad about not playing well but we improved over last year by 2 shots so I think next year we should be more ready.
Yesterday, Flatbush Golf Course in Littlestown, PA. Played 9 holes with an older gentleman, a complete stranger, and shot a 48. This is a very good score for me as I can rarely break 95 (through 18) on the easier course in my town. My ball striking was on point all day long. I credit that to playing with the stranger because instead of chatting with my buddies I was focused the whole round. I hit most GIR but my putter let me down big time.
Played 36 holes for the first time in a looong time on Sunday.
First 18: Played an incredibly hard course, struggled to a 91. Couldn't hit a green in regulation for the life of me. Greenside chipping was horrendous as well.
Second 18: Played a bit better, hit lots of fairways, shot a 86. Par 3's were my nemesis.. double bogeyed a few of them.
Eaton Canyon Blues. 43. 5 fairways. 3 greens the only pars I got were on the vlogs. The only doubles were also on the vlog.
Anyway there's 25Gb of data to download and stitch together.
Shot a +7 43 today at Heron Bay Golf Course.
It was a weird day, because I felt like I played so much better. I had a triple on the par 3 third (UGH I HATE THIS HOLE) and a double on the par 4 eighth. I putted terribly. I missed three three footers for bogey or better, and left my four birdie putts way short.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Breaking 80 with the help of LSW 21 minutes ago
- › Who putts like Bobby Locke? 43 minutes ago
- › Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Downwind - Knocking the Ball Out of the Air 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › What Do You Do for a Living? 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Torres9) 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › What did you buy on your last trip to the golf store? 3 hours ago
- › Who finds Peter Jacobson funny? 3 hours ago
- › Will I ever be a great golfer? 3 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone else find it easier to hit blades? 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Clicgear Model 3.5+ Push Cart by oregongolfguy
- › Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS by dkolo
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by k-troop
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes