Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I have always enjoyed walking. Always feel much more connected to the round, feel like i can learn the course better etc. However, of late some lower back nerve problems have really slowed me down....
The Garmin G3 is a basic, but very solid GPS unit. This is a model that came out a few years ago and it certainly doesn't have some of the advanced features that its successors have added. But what...
I was very excited to get a chance to review the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoe. When I first checked them out on the Adidas website, I was intrigued by the Boost energy capsules, and I was...
Back in summer 2013, a Bridgestone ballfitting team visited my home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The pair offered us a chance to test our current ball vs. Bridgestone products, and...
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 693
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Wife and I played in our club's annual couples championship. (The Divorce Open)
Modified Alternate shot, we had a score of 76, four over par.
Our best ever playing together in this event - tied for low gross.
Lost in the playoff on first hole, but we had a grrrrrreeeeaaat day.
I think she'll keep me around for another year.
Was debating even admitting to my weekend activities.
Saturday, Kittyhawk GC (Eagle course) 55-49- 1-freakin-04
Did not hit two decent shots in a row at any point. Putted so badly that my playing partner suggested I buy a new putter.
Sunday, Miami Shores GC. No score recorded.
Went out by myself. After losing two balls in as many holes in a field of little white flowering weeds, I chucked the score card. It seemed like a pointless waste of time and effort.Since no one was behind me, I took the opportunity to hit a couple of balls from various spots. The putting went a bit better. Not really anything else to say about it.
^^ Played with Mc at KHawk Eagle. My score wasn't any better really, carding a 103, however I wasn't upset with my overall play. I had 3 pretty bad holes and some trouble putting, 3 putting both par 3's after hitting the green in regulation. I couldn't make a good shot out of the sand once and chubbed several chips from the rough which seemed "stickier" than I am used to. I easily threw away 16 strokes 5 of them on one hole. I do feel like I played much better than my score showed so I am not upset with it.
Was 2 under going into 16. Hit a tee shot into the rough just off the left side of the fairway. Line of sight on the left is blocked by a few trees but opens up with absolutely no trouble. Couldn't find my ball and tried to ask the group that just walked through there if they picked it up (7 runs parallel with 16). They said no. 3 guys in my group said there was no other explanation (no trouble, no gopher holes, just grass) and that I should drop and play 2. I did the right thing and re-teed putting it in the hazard on the right, ended up making an 8. Made a bogey on the next hole as I was still heated. Finished with a par. The most upsetting 74 I have shot in a long time. 15 greens in reg today so I was striking the ball well. 3 birdies, 2 bogeys and an 8.
Sunday's round made up for my misfortunes on Saturday. Two doubles (just poor concentration), one bogey and 7 birdies. Finished with a 69 (Par 71/71.4). Hit some really nice approach shots and had a good amount of birdie opportunities under 10 feet. I have never been a really good wedge player. I have been working on them hard for some time. It is amazing the difference that it can make in your game. I feel that it has had a positive effect on my 9 iron and PW as well.
Shot 37 this morning. More importantly than scoring decently again, I did not have any smother hooks off the tee. For the most part I was able to play a big push fade/sliceish thingy that helped advance the ball safely as far as I have been able to do for a while. Fairly happy camper here.
On Sunday played at Fossil Trace GC from the tips (~6800 yds).
Shot 42 + 38 = 80.
Driver needs a time-out as it was not behaving well. Thank goodness my irons bailed me out to make up for the mess the driver made on some of the holes. On 18, one of the rare times yesterday, I hit a good drive down the right side of the fairway, left myself 170 to the pin on a par 5 finishing hole. Hit 9 iron to 10 feet, but missed eagle putt and had to settle for birdie.
I also put in play Callaway X2 HOT 3-wood I won in the 2014 British Open Prediction contest from TST (review to follow). It's a great looking club and seems to be easy to hit from the deck as it has a shallow face, similar to my Titleist 980 3-wood.
The day after completing LSW, I shot the round of my life!!
I have never shot below 86 and beat it by 4 strokes. I haven't even been able to put some of the stuff from the book into play yet. I also noticed I didn't swing club too much better but my score showed a huge difference. I had some bad shots but was able to put myself into position to make every swing count. I started the day with 2 double bogeys (3 total on the front) but followed up with 2 pars and finished the front with a birdie. On the back my game got more consistent as I hit 4 bogeys and 5 pars (including pars on the final 4 holes). I hit 6 GIR and 6 Fairways and an all time best 31 putts. I was so happy when I got done to finish a round with my best score and break 40. I think I am going to go have a beer now!!
Well it was yesterday, but I want to confess and get it off my chest.
I played 9 holes. Hit the ball fairly well, but putted like sh!t. Shot 49 and had 3 putted 5 times. Knock those to two putts and I'm at 44.
I rarely get into the 80s, so my goal for each 9 holes is to break 45. If I could have used the flat stick, I would have done it.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › How do you check upper body/head not too forward post impact when... 3 minutes ago
- › First and perhaps only Double Eagle!! in my life 4 minutes ago
- › Your Golf Stats and Handicap 9 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Lihu) 9 minutes ago
- › 2015 NFL Football Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Ball markers 20 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 23 minutes ago
- › Anyone enjoying the drink tonight? 25 minutes ago
- › Post-mortem: 130 to 88 in 6 months... what worked, what did not. 31 minutes ago
- › Anybody here live in Maine? 32 minutes ago
- › Clicgear Model 3.5+ Push Cart by oregongolfguy
- › Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS by dkolo
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by k-troop
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes