Really shitty ball striking. No consistent ball flight at all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
I picked up this book after it was posting for discussion in the Reading Room section of The Sand Trap. James Sieckmann is a former PGA Pro who turned to coaching. His methods were developed...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 700
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Well, I broke 30. (perspective - this course is equivalent of miniature golf) I think my chipping is helping a lot. Didn't track the stats, but I didn't miss the greens much at all. That's a huge win for me. for reference - This course is about HALF the length of a respectable 9 hole. I was still chipping from just off on 3. I think my chips were better than my typical 1st putts....Almost holed a dicey short ship on 8 (medium grass, down hill, short lie).
But I think I'll do this more often - it's pretty much a drill for practicing my approach shots and I learned quite a bit. And the greens were tiny, so that, I think, helped me focus
The only issue is greens were soft and all my REALLY good tee shots spun back a lot more than usual. I seemed to be putting a lot from the edge of the green while my ball mark was up by the hole.
And I seemed to fixing 3 or 4 ball marks on every green - sigh
and this little track had two holes on each green - one regulation, the other one the big holes - on the third, I actually had to putt around the big one to hit the regulation hole. Still, this is ok. Disappointed no birdies. Good drive on 9. Crappy drive on 6 - should have been able to play that as a Par 3 IMO.
Rough round score wise, but was actually hitting the ball very consistently. Almost every drive was in the fairway, chips were good, but putting let me down.. Had 19 putts in 9, and a couple bad irons.. Chips were great though. Started one over through three, but finished double, double, double, bogey, double, triple.. It felt like I was playing to shoot about a 40, but finshed with a +13 49.. Sigh, tomorrow is a new day, when I'll play 18
Not a good day - pretty much the Fairways hit metric says it all. GIR and Penalties are all pretty much a result of missing the tee shot. One GIR miss I had my 120 club out and the course guy drove up and noted we were about 135....so I hit my 135 club and overshot by about 10 yards (I deserved that)
First time playing this course - Really nice, mature trees (I know, because I was standing under quite a few of them). I'm coming back. The back nine is particularly nice and needs a bit more thought than just Driver/wedge....I know how I should play it now.
Couldn't sink a birdie putt to save my life.....had quite a few chances. Missed them all.
I had been hitting my woods and hybrids super well, but just couldn't do it this time - the ones that went well went REALLY well, but.....
Stone Canyon Golf Club: Par72 6633yds..... 73.2CR 141slope
2/13 fairways!!!...possibly a record low for me. LOL I drove the ball OK Too! .......several drives barely ran off at the very end of the run-out.
1 Birdie....a 'tap in'
1 penalty........on a par3
Missed 8 greens and got up and down 5 times to save par......this was key to my round and considering 1 miss involved a penalty.
Considering I had 2 doubles on the card and I only made 1 birdie, I am thrilled with a 76. I was a par making machine today. I had maybe 2 good looks inside of 10 feet that I missed, and the rest of the day was comfortable 2-putt range but outside of likely birdie range. The sole birdie was a leaner....a near ace.
Not a bad front nine, but got overshadowed by a PATHETIC back nine.. It was like I just hated golf in the second nine.. So shot a 98, with a +10 46 on the front, and a +16 52 on the back.. The front nine started Par, bogey, par, so I figured it was going to be a good day.. Then right where I fall apart every round, I did so again today, going triple double triple, but finished the front with par par par. Then started the back with a lost drive and a triple on the hardest hole on the course (hole has one handicap). Then bogey, bogey bogey, double, doubletriple, double, bogey.. Not a single par on the back nine. +10 +16, +26 98. Back nine definitely killed me, but the back is by far the harder nine, so have to have a better front score to compensate.. Also, strategically was alittle sloppy, like hitting driver when I shouldn't, and it cost me. . . Just for perspective, I lost 7 tee shots today, and those penalties really add up.. If I could keep it straight off the tee, I'm fine because everywhere else in my game is good. So I've been bouncing it around, and I think at my match Tuesday I'll be hesitant to pull the driver out, because if I keep it in play, I'm good. In the holes I didn't lose the drive, I was 8 over. Get rid of the drives and I'm fine.. 5 GIR, 4 on the front 36 putts, 2 a hole. No birdies, 5 pars (all on front) 4 bogeys, 5 doubles (way to high) and 4 triples (once again, way too high). If I convert just two of the doubles and two triples, that's four shots there. say I play smarter and keep 4 drives in using a different club, theres three (subtract one to compensate for distance). So overall, after this round I feel confident going into my match because of good ball striking and understanding what I need to do to play well.
I apologize this is so long, I didn't realize I was dragging on.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › The Films and Movies Thread 8 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 NHL Season 15 minutes ago
- › My Swing (WillM) 17 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing - May 24th, 2015 27 minutes ago
- › My Swing zhoy19 32 minutes ago
- › 13 car companies want to make it illegal to work on your car. 43 minutes ago
- › 2015 Zurich Classic Discussion Thread 46 minutes ago
- › True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 3-PW 48 minutes ago
- › Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34in (Price Drop!) 48 minutes ago
- › WTB: Mizuno MP-630 X-Stiff 9.5 or 10.5 49 minutes ago
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest