Really shitty ball striking. No consistent ball flight at all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Today at 10:38 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 700
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Well, I broke 30. (perspective - this course is equivalent of miniature golf) I think my chipping is helping a lot. Didn't track the stats, but I didn't miss the greens much at all. That's a huge win for me. for reference - This course is about HALF the length of a respectable 9 hole. I was still chipping from just off on 3. I think my chips were better than my typical 1st putts....Almost holed a dicey short ship on 8 (medium grass, down hill, short lie).
But I think I'll do this more often - it's pretty much a drill for practicing my approach shots and I learned quite a bit. And the greens were tiny, so that, I think, helped me focus
The only issue is greens were soft and all my REALLY good tee shots spun back a lot more than usual. I seemed to be putting a lot from the edge of the green while my ball mark was up by the hole.
And I seemed to fixing 3 or 4 ball marks on every green - sigh
and this little track had two holes on each green - one regulation, the other one the big holes - on the third, I actually had to putt around the big one to hit the regulation hole. Still, this is ok. Disappointed no birdies. Good drive on 9. Crappy drive on 6 - should have been able to play that as a Par 3 IMO.
Rough round score wise, but was actually hitting the ball very consistently. Almost every drive was in the fairway, chips were good, but putting let me down.. Had 19 putts in 9, and a couple bad irons.. Chips were great though. Started one over through three, but finished double, double, double, bogey, double, triple.. It felt like I was playing to shoot about a 40, but finshed with a +13 49.. Sigh, tomorrow is a new day, when I'll play 18
Not a good day - pretty much the Fairways hit metric says it all. GIR and Penalties are all pretty much a result of missing the tee shot. One GIR miss I had my 120 club out and the course guy drove up and noted we were about 135....so I hit my 135 club and overshot by about 10 yards (I deserved that)
First time playing this course - Really nice, mature trees (I know, because I was standing under quite a few of them). I'm coming back. The back nine is particularly nice and needs a bit more thought than just Driver/wedge....I know how I should play it now.
Couldn't sink a birdie putt to save my life.....had quite a few chances. Missed them all.
I had been hitting my woods and hybrids super well, but just couldn't do it this time - the ones that went well went REALLY well, but.....
Stone Canyon Golf Club: Par72 6633yds..... 73.2CR 141slope
2/13 fairways!!!...possibly a record low for me. LOL I drove the ball OK Too! .......several drives barely ran off at the very end of the run-out.
1 Birdie....a 'tap in'
1 penalty........on a par3
Missed 8 greens and got up and down 5 times to save par......this was key to my round and considering 1 miss involved a penalty.
Considering I had 2 doubles on the card and I only made 1 birdie, I am thrilled with a 76. I was a par making machine today. I had maybe 2 good looks inside of 10 feet that I missed, and the rest of the day was comfortable 2-putt range but outside of likely birdie range. The sole birdie was a leaner....a near ace.
Not a bad front nine, but got overshadowed by a PATHETIC back nine.. It was like I just hated golf in the second nine.. So shot a 98, with a +10 46 on the front, and a +16 52 on the back.. The front nine started Par, bogey, par, so I figured it was going to be a good day.. Then right where I fall apart every round, I did so again today, going triple double triple, but finished the front with par par par. Then started the back with a lost drive and a triple on the hardest hole on the course (hole has one handicap). Then bogey, bogey bogey, double, doubletriple, double, bogey.. Not a single par on the back nine. +10 +16, +26 98. Back nine definitely killed me, but the back is by far the harder nine, so have to have a better front score to compensate.. Also, strategically was alittle sloppy, like hitting driver when I shouldn't, and it cost me. . . Just for perspective, I lost 7 tee shots today, and those penalties really add up.. If I could keep it straight off the tee, I'm fine because everywhere else in my game is good. So I've been bouncing it around, and I think at my match Tuesday I'll be hesitant to pull the driver out, because if I keep it in play, I'm good. In the holes I didn't lose the drive, I was 8 over. Get rid of the drives and I'm fine.. 5 GIR, 4 on the front 36 putts, 2 a hole. No birdies, 5 pars (all on front) 4 bogeys, 5 doubles (way to high) and 4 triples (once again, way too high). If I convert just two of the doubles and two triples, that's four shots there. say I play smarter and keep 4 drives in using a different club, theres three (subtract one to compensate for distance). So overall, after this round I feel confident going into my match because of good ball striking and understanding what I need to do to play well.
I apologize this is so long, I didn't realize I was dragging on.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › 2 questions about evolvr 8 minutes ago
- › introduction 37 minutes ago
- › Best shot you ever witnessed (not by you) ----> 55 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › POLL: Do you book tee times online? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Is it legal in a tournament to carry a card that lists your distances? 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Robert Allenby Claims He Was Kidnapped, Beaten, Robbed in Hawaii 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Distance Ratio: Are your iron distances proportionate to your Driver 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › 2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open Discussion Thread 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes