36, front nine, at Whispering Woods. Tracked it all with my GAME Golf thing too.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
If you are going there for a fun and short weekend round, you can usually finish up on 2 hours or less depending upon how many golfers are playing. My kids and I used to play this course once a...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 701
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot an 86 (44-42) in windy and rainy conditions at Cardinal Golf Club - East Wing Course (par 71/6300yards 70.8CR/120slope). Switched my driver and putter this round and hit straighter drives and made longer putts. The course also scheduled my tee time right after a tournament, so the round was a little longer than usual.
Played a quick 9 after work.
Shot 2 over par with no birdies and 2 three putts. Hit 7 out of 9 GIR but only 2 of 7 fairways (which cost me chances to hit it closer to the pin).
Distance control on putts was absolute CRAP.
I don't know quite what to make of that because it has never been that bad going all the way back to the first day I ever played golf.
Hopefully it doesn't reoccur tomorrow morning when the game counts (and costs).
44-42 86, +12. Awesome course, http://www.pleasantvalleyic.com/coursephotos/
Best score of my life so far and felt like I could improve a lot still. Driver was very inconsistent, but had some clutch drives towards the end. Closed out with 4 straight pars after being 6 over thru 5 on the back. 37 putts, 3 ob strokes... Nothing was too special except I hit my irons very well for personal standards and hit 8 GIRs. Last hole was a 370 yard par 4 with water hazard mid-right at about 250 yards, panicked mid swing with 3w and chunked it about 120 yards. Proceeded to smack a perfect hybrid shot to the center of the green and 2 putt par. Was pretty stoked
Didn't putt well and hot and cold ball striking = Meh.
Started slow. Played the "harder" front nine last and shot even on it with a birdie and a bogey.
Thought I would do better today but as Shorty would never say "it is what it is".
Oh well, there's always next time.
Two solid results for me this weekend.
46-46-92 Kittyhawk GC (Eagle Course), Dayton, OH
This is probably the longest and most hazardous course I play on a regular basis. If I've played it 30 times, 29 have been triple-digit scores. Obviously a great result for me.
45-42-87, Miami Shores GC, Troy, OH
This was my fourth round in the 80s and tied for my best round ever. The previous 87 was at the very short and forgiving Dales course at Community GC.
I got to the range last week after work and really focused on my mid-irons. By the end I was flushing them and it carried through to the weekend. Even the driver was largely behaving itself. For the first time in a while, I felt no fear. Not everything was perfect, but nearly every stroke was productive. I even made a few putts.
45 + 51 = 96 6475 yards, 72.0 144
Front Nine: Score: 45, nFIR: 5/7 (3 FIR), nGIR: 6/9 (2 GIR), Putts: 19
I had two holes were I took an extra short game shot. Just couldn't get up and down at all. Drove the ball really well. 5 out of 7 tee shots were playable with normal shots. Approach shots were bad. I has hitting the irons great on the range, but just couldn't get a good swing on any of my approach shots. Putting was pretty bad. Just started some putts on some horrible lines and some distance control problems on the greens with steeper slopes, especially downhill putts.
Back Nine: Score: 51, nFIR 3/7 (2 FIR), nGIR: 3/9 (1 GIR), Putts: 20, 4 Lateral Hazards
Game just fell apart. Had one hole were I took an extra short game shot to get on the green. I had 3 holes were I three putted.
Overall just a bad day on the golf course!
Shot a +17 87 this morning.
Was hitting the driver well again but my irons where all over the place. Only 2 GIR, my short game was my saving grace today. Had a couple of very good U&Ds to scrape together the pars i did make. Highlight of the round was a birdie at #11. Hit a good drive down the middle, left with 155 to the middle of the green which is semi-blind, pin maybe at 160yrds. Hit a hard 7 iron, high flight, ball faded maybe 1yrd due to the left to right breeze. When i got to the green i was 1ft away for a tap-in birdie
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Got Woods? 12 seconds ago
- › Man Shoots Down Drone Plane 25 seconds ago
- › New Windows 10 - Discussions 1 minute ago
- › Dashcam catches off duty police officer out of control! 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 Quicken Loans National Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Drought in California 5 minutes ago
- › Fowler gets a Hole in One, buys Beer! 11 minutes ago
- › 2015/2016 Schedule Released 11 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Jetfan1983) 16 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Mugs050) 17 minutes ago
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes