36, front nine, at Whispering Woods. Tracked it all with my GAME Golf thing too.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 11/20/14 at 1:23pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
From the creator of the classic HipTi Driver comes this flat black, easygoing, straight driver with distance. Jesse Ortiz has always carved his prototypes from wood by hand. It was the way he was...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 701
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot an 86 (44-42) in windy and rainy conditions at Cardinal Golf Club - East Wing Course (par 71/6300yards 70.8CR/120slope). Switched my driver and putter this round and hit straighter drives and made longer putts. The course also scheduled my tee time right after a tournament, so the round was a little longer than usual.
Played a quick 9 after work.
Shot 2 over par with no birdies and 2 three putts. Hit 7 out of 9 GIR but only 2 of 7 fairways (which cost me chances to hit it closer to the pin).
Distance control on putts was absolute CRAP.
I don't know quite what to make of that because it has never been that bad going all the way back to the first day I ever played golf.
Hopefully it doesn't reoccur tomorrow morning when the game counts (and costs).
44-42 86, +12. Awesome course, http://www.pleasantvalleyic.com/coursephotos/
Best score of my life so far and felt like I could improve a lot still. Driver was very inconsistent, but had some clutch drives towards the end. Closed out with 4 straight pars after being 6 over thru 5 on the back. 37 putts, 3 ob strokes... Nothing was too special except I hit my irons very well for personal standards and hit 8 GIRs. Last hole was a 370 yard par 4 with water hazard mid-right at about 250 yards, panicked mid swing with 3w and chunked it about 120 yards. Proceeded to smack a perfect hybrid shot to the center of the green and 2 putt par. Was pretty stoked
Didn't putt well and hot and cold ball striking = Meh.
Started slow. Played the "harder" front nine last and shot even on it with a birdie and a bogey.
Thought I would do better today but as Shorty would never say "it is what it is".
Oh well, there's always next time.
Two solid results for me this weekend.
46-46-92 Kittyhawk GC (Eagle Course), Dayton, OH
This is probably the longest and most hazardous course I play on a regular basis. If I've played it 30 times, 29 have been triple-digit scores. Obviously a great result for me.
45-42-87, Miami Shores GC, Troy, OH
This was my fourth round in the 80s and tied for my best round ever. The previous 87 was at the very short and forgiving Dales course at Community GC.
I got to the range last week after work and really focused on my mid-irons. By the end I was flushing them and it carried through to the weekend. Even the driver was largely behaving itself. For the first time in a while, I felt no fear. Not everything was perfect, but nearly every stroke was productive. I even made a few putts.
45 + 51 = 96 6475 yards, 72.0 144
Front Nine: Score: 45, nFIR: 5/7 (3 FIR), nGIR: 6/9 (2 GIR), Putts: 19
I had two holes were I took an extra short game shot. Just couldn't get up and down at all. Drove the ball really well. 5 out of 7 tee shots were playable with normal shots. Approach shots were bad. I has hitting the irons great on the range, but just couldn't get a good swing on any of my approach shots. Putting was pretty bad. Just started some putts on some horrible lines and some distance control problems on the greens with steeper slopes, especially downhill putts.
Back Nine: Score: 51, nFIR 3/7 (2 FIR), nGIR: 3/9 (1 GIR), Putts: 20, 4 Lateral Hazards
Game just fell apart. Had one hole were I took an extra short game shot to get on the green. I had 3 holes were I three putted.
Overall just a bad day on the golf course!
Shot a +17 87 this morning.
Was hitting the driver well again but my irons where all over the place. Only 2 GIR, my short game was my saving grace today. Had a couple of very good U&Ds to scrape together the pars i did make. Highlight of the round was a birdie at #11. Hit a good drive down the middle, left with 155 to the middle of the green which is semi-blind, pin maybe at 160yrds. Hit a hard 7 iron, high flight, ball faded maybe 1yrd due to the left to right breeze. When i got to the green i was 1ft away for a tap-in birdie
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Beautiful Women 33 seconds ago
- › Hit down they said... 6 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 6 minutes ago
- › Favorite TV Show(s) 17 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Mailman) 20 minutes ago
- › Chris Como Named Tiger's New Coach 22 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 33 minutes ago
- › Best balls on a tight budget? 35 minutes ago
- › What Would You Give To Hit It 40 Yards Further? 39 minutes ago
- › Whats the best Handheld GPS, for the money? 45 minutes ago
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › IceSkin Cooling Shirt by Garmatex by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes