Had first high school golf match of the year (which we lost by 6 because of a group getting disqualified for a bad card) and shot an 88. Putting was really the thing working, I didn't count putts but it seemed like everything was going in (including a 40 foot par putt). 42+46=88. Next match thursday at a MUCH easier course, so hopefully a good result comes from that!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
I picked up this book after it was posting for discussion in the Reading Room section of The Sand Trap. James Sieckmann is a former PGA Pro who turned to coaching. His methods were developed...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 703
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
41 with 3 3 putts not my best day on the greens but had fun. Played with former D1 college golfer. He was pretty good but I kept up with him until the last hole. Hit one in the lake, really wasn't paying attention and we spent quite a bit of time waiting on the guys in front of us. He made birdie after getting home in 2, short 501 yard par 5, I salvaged a bogey and that was the difference in our scores. Dude could bomb it. He hit a drive right to the edge of a 346 yard par 4 that plays uphill and we had a pretty good cross wind.
Played a nice round this afternoon, +15. I felt in control the whole time and apart from one double, where my tee shot hit a tree which is in the middle of the fairway, i had 17nGIR and so always felt like i would make a few U&Ds and play better than bogey golf. I did only hit 2GIR which is poor but i was never very far away from the green. Still feel like i'm on the verge of a low round.
Played the back tees of a pretty easy public course here in Omaha. Course rating is 70.7 from the back.
40-41 = 81 (par 70). I hit 5 Greens which is not very good, but scrambled pretty well. I also putted decent, but missed two makeable birdie putts.
I got up and down two out of three times from the sand for tap in pars which I was pretty happy about.
Need to work on the swing for sure, but it's so hard to make swing changes!
One double was because I ended up in a bunker. The bunkers at community should all be labeled ground under repair. There is NO SAND, just dirt + ROCKS!!! My 60 degree Edel wedge has a nice nick on the sole now. I should send the clubhouse a bill.
The other double was due to a thinned pitch shot.
7 nGIR with 5 GIR
Saturday....Stone Canyon par 72............73.2CR 141slope
40-41=82......a forgettable round.
Sunday: Drumm Farm Golf Club: par72.....72.5CR 137slope
This is my old home course and I played with my old regular group. I played pretty well from tee to green, but had one of those days when I couldn't score. I played well enough to flirt with par but I couldn't hole any putts!!...and I know these greens well!! They were slower than Stone Canyon and I could just never match pace with line to get anything IN!! We had a good time, so it's all good!!
This evening at Stone Canyon: 38-38=76
Pure smoke and mirrors......I decided to transition from hitting a hook to a fade and somehow hacked it around pretty well...LOL
I scrambled well to save a lot of pars and made a couple birdies when the opportunity presented itself.
Playing the City Tournament this weekend and hopefully next...
69, blue tees, Whispering Woods Golf Club.
That GameGolf link is cool. Tempting! What happened on your tee shot at #3? Gotta maximize your birdie opportunities on par 5s. :)
I shot a 42 in my league match today. 4 pars, 4 bogies and 1 blow up 8. Stupid hole. Lost my tee shot left, then on my 4th shot I hit a good 3 wood but could not find the ball. I guess I must have flow the green, but I thought I was pretty far out.
Oh, and partner and I won the match, 1 up.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Professional Golf? 5 minutes ago
- › Diary of a bogey golfer with his 1st custom fit clubs 8 minutes ago
- › What did you make first... an eagle or bunker hole out ? 11 minutes ago
- › AimPoint Green Reading 17 minutes ago
- › 2015 WGC Cadillac Match Play Discussion Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Did you know your left side should be dominant? 29 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing the correct shot shape. 36 minutes ago
- › Take Your Driver Out of the Bag 40 minutes ago
- › Anyone enjoying the drink tonight? 46 minutes ago
- › TST Talks with GAME Golf 50 minutes ago
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest