Had first high school golf match of the year (which we lost by 6 because of a group getting disqualified for a bad card) and shot an 88. Putting was really the thing working, I didn't count putts but it seemed like everything was going in (including a 40 foot par putt). 42+46=88. Next match thursday at a MUCH easier course, so hopefully a good result comes from that!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 10:38 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 703
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
41 with 3 3 putts not my best day on the greens but had fun. Played with former D1 college golfer. He was pretty good but I kept up with him until the last hole. Hit one in the lake, really wasn't paying attention and we spent quite a bit of time waiting on the guys in front of us. He made birdie after getting home in 2, short 501 yard par 5, I salvaged a bogey and that was the difference in our scores. Dude could bomb it. He hit a drive right to the edge of a 346 yard par 4 that plays uphill and we had a pretty good cross wind.
Played a nice round this afternoon, +15. I felt in control the whole time and apart from one double, where my tee shot hit a tree which is in the middle of the fairway, i had 17nGIR and so always felt like i would make a few U&Ds and play better than bogey golf. I did only hit 2GIR which is poor but i was never very far away from the green. Still feel like i'm on the verge of a low round.
Played the back tees of a pretty easy public course here in Omaha. Course rating is 70.7 from the back.
40-41 = 81 (par 70). I hit 5 Greens which is not very good, but scrambled pretty well. I also putted decent, but missed two makeable birdie putts.
I got up and down two out of three times from the sand for tap in pars which I was pretty happy about.
Need to work on the swing for sure, but it's so hard to make swing changes!
One double was because I ended up in a bunker. The bunkers at community should all be labeled ground under repair. There is NO SAND, just dirt + ROCKS!!! My 60 degree Edel wedge has a nice nick on the sole now. I should send the clubhouse a bill.
The other double was due to a thinned pitch shot.
7 nGIR with 5 GIR
Saturday....Stone Canyon par 72............73.2CR 141slope
40-41=82......a forgettable round.
Sunday: Drumm Farm Golf Club: par72.....72.5CR 137slope
This is my old home course and I played with my old regular group. I played pretty well from tee to green, but had one of those days when I couldn't score. I played well enough to flirt with par but I couldn't hole any putts!!...and I know these greens well!! They were slower than Stone Canyon and I could just never match pace with line to get anything IN!! We had a good time, so it's all good!!
This evening at Stone Canyon: 38-38=76
Pure smoke and mirrors......I decided to transition from hitting a hook to a fade and somehow hacked it around pretty well...LOL
I scrambled well to save a lot of pars and made a couple birdies when the opportunity presented itself.
Playing the City Tournament this weekend and hopefully next...
69, blue tees, Whispering Woods Golf Club.
That GameGolf link is cool. Tempting! What happened on your tee shot at #3? Gotta maximize your birdie opportunities on par 5s. :)
I shot a 42 in my league match today. 4 pars, 4 bogies and 1 blow up 8. Stupid hole. Lost my tee shot left, then on my 4th shot I hit a good 3 wood but could not find the ball. I guess I must have flow the green, but I thought I was pretty far out.
Oh, and partner and I won the match, 1 up.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Distance Ratio: Are your iron distances proportionate to your Driver 18 seconds ago
- › 2 questions about evolvr 49 seconds ago
- › Recent Tiger Woods swing from skybox, dtl iron 2 minutes ago
- › TST Fantasy Golf 2015 9 minutes ago
- › Anyone interested in a tee that you don't have to stick in the ground 9 minutes ago
- › Natalie Gulbis being Natalie Gulbis 22 minutes ago
- › What did you buy on your last trip to the golf store? 31 minutes ago
- › YouTube (or Whatever) Video Thread 33 minutes ago
- › 10 minutes of pro tracer drives from last week at La Quinta 33 minutes ago
- › 5 wood over driver? 34 minutes ago
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes