Had first high school golf match of the year (which we lost by 6 because of a group getting disqualified for a bad card) and shot an 88. Putting was really the thing working, I didn't count putts but it seemed like everything was going in (including a 40 foot par putt). 42+46=88. Next match thursday at a MUCH easier course, so hopefully a good result comes from that!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
Was given a sleeve of these today from a friend and decided to use them instead of pro v1's or junk balls and they feel great. Felt about the same as pro v1's except for on the green. Only thing I...
I was given a pair of the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoes for the purpose of writing a review. My previous experience with golf shoes is a couple of pairs of FootJoys and a couple of pairs of...
I bought these when I was still playing baseball and considering getting back into golf. Had them for about 8 months and they were decent enough and they worked. After about 7 ish months though of...
There's probably not much I can say about this book that hasn't already been addressed in either these other reviews or the myriad forums on the website. With that said, let me offer some insights...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 703
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
41 with 3 3 putts not my best day on the greens but had fun. Played with former D1 college golfer. He was pretty good but I kept up with him until the last hole. Hit one in the lake, really wasn't paying attention and we spent quite a bit of time waiting on the guys in front of us. He made birdie after getting home in 2, short 501 yard par 5, I salvaged a bogey and that was the difference in our scores. Dude could bomb it. He hit a drive right to the edge of a 346 yard par 4 that plays uphill and we had a pretty good cross wind.
Played a nice round this afternoon, +15. I felt in control the whole time and apart from one double, where my tee shot hit a tree which is in the middle of the fairway, i had 17nGIR and so always felt like i would make a few U&Ds and play better than bogey golf. I did only hit 2GIR which is poor but i was never very far away from the green. Still feel like i'm on the verge of a low round.
Played the back tees of a pretty easy public course here in Omaha. Course rating is 70.7 from the back.
40-41 = 81 (par 70). I hit 5 Greens which is not very good, but scrambled pretty well. I also putted decent, but missed two makeable birdie putts.
I got up and down two out of three times from the sand for tap in pars which I was pretty happy about.
Need to work on the swing for sure, but it's so hard to make swing changes!
One double was because I ended up in a bunker. The bunkers at community should all be labeled ground under repair. There is NO SAND, just dirt + ROCKS!!! My 60 degree Edel wedge has a nice nick on the sole now. I should send the clubhouse a bill.
The other double was due to a thinned pitch shot.
7 nGIR with 5 GIR
Saturday....Stone Canyon par 72............73.2CR 141slope
40-41=82......a forgettable round.
Sunday: Drumm Farm Golf Club: par72.....72.5CR 137slope
This is my old home course and I played with my old regular group. I played pretty well from tee to green, but had one of those days when I couldn't score. I played well enough to flirt with par but I couldn't hole any putts!!...and I know these greens well!! They were slower than Stone Canyon and I could just never match pace with line to get anything IN!! We had a good time, so it's all good!!
This evening at Stone Canyon: 38-38=76
Pure smoke and mirrors......I decided to transition from hitting a hook to a fade and somehow hacked it around pretty well...LOL
I scrambled well to save a lot of pars and made a couple birdies when the opportunity presented itself.
Playing the City Tournament this weekend and hopefully next...
69, blue tees, Whispering Woods Golf Club.
That GameGolf link is cool. Tempting! What happened on your tee shot at #3? Gotta maximize your birdie opportunities on par 5s. :)
I shot a 42 in my league match today. 4 pars, 4 bogies and 1 blow up 8. Stupid hole. Lost my tee shot left, then on my 4th shot I hit a good 3 wood but could not find the ball. I guess I must have flow the green, but I thought I was pretty far out.
Oh, and partner and I won the match, 1 up.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 2015 Valero Texas Open Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Got geese? 3 minutes ago
- › How many balls do you keep in your bag and how many balls do you... 5 minutes ago
- › What did you buy on your last trip to the golf store? 6 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 10 minutes ago
- › TST Investigates GAME Golf 15 minutes ago
- › Cheyenne Woods - video of iron swing slow motion down the line 17 minutes ago
- › What do you think of Mark Crossfield? 20 minutes ago
- › Jack or Tiger: Who's the greatest 21 minutes ago
- › Winter Depression Thread 33 minutes ago
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Tgb02
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by meenman
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by cliffj
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes