Had first high school golf match of the year (which we lost by 6 because of a group getting disqualified for a bad card) and shot an 88. Putting was really the thing working, I didn't count putts but it seemed like everything was going in (including a 40 foot par putt). 42+46=88. Next match thursday at a MUCH easier course, so hopefully a good result comes from that!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 6/7/15 at 10:01am in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Yes, these are the grips that the most interesting golfer in the world uses on his clubs. While the Mechanic has aced a few holes with this grip in his hands, read on to see if these grips will fit...
For the last few years, I've worn the Next Belt, which is essentially identical to the Mission belt. Instead of the holes you find on a standard belt, the Mission belt uses a ratchet system. The...
Over the last few rounds I've been able to play the Snell My Tour golf ball, and at this point, I'd go so far as to say that it is my ball of choice. Even though I play right around a 9 handicap, I...
Sun Mountain just released a new hi tech cart called the "Reflex". I have been using it now for about 2 weeks and have formed an impression of it. It was pretty much ready to go out of the box...
One of the biggest gripes about golf is the high cost of playing it. As a new golfer I learned quickly that hazards are magnets for premium golf balls and there's nothing worse than watching a...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 703
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
41 with 3 3 putts not my best day on the greens but had fun. Played with former D1 college golfer. He was pretty good but I kept up with him until the last hole. Hit one in the lake, really wasn't paying attention and we spent quite a bit of time waiting on the guys in front of us. He made birdie after getting home in 2, short 501 yard par 5, I salvaged a bogey and that was the difference in our scores. Dude could bomb it. He hit a drive right to the edge of a 346 yard par 4 that plays uphill and we had a pretty good cross wind.
Played a nice round this afternoon, +15. I felt in control the whole time and apart from one double, where my tee shot hit a tree which is in the middle of the fairway, i had 17nGIR and so always felt like i would make a few U&Ds and play better than bogey golf. I did only hit 2GIR which is poor but i was never very far away from the green. Still feel like i'm on the verge of a low round.
Played the back tees of a pretty easy public course here in Omaha. Course rating is 70.7 from the back.
40-41 = 81 (par 70). I hit 5 Greens which is not very good, but scrambled pretty well. I also putted decent, but missed two makeable birdie putts.
I got up and down two out of three times from the sand for tap in pars which I was pretty happy about.
Need to work on the swing for sure, but it's so hard to make swing changes!
One double was because I ended up in a bunker. The bunkers at community should all be labeled ground under repair. There is NO SAND, just dirt + ROCKS!!! My 60 degree Edel wedge has a nice nick on the sole now. I should send the clubhouse a bill.
The other double was due to a thinned pitch shot.
7 nGIR with 5 GIR
Saturday....Stone Canyon par 72............73.2CR 141slope
40-41=82......a forgettable round.
Sunday: Drumm Farm Golf Club: par72.....72.5CR 137slope
This is my old home course and I played with my old regular group. I played pretty well from tee to green, but had one of those days when I couldn't score. I played well enough to flirt with par but I couldn't hole any putts!!...and I know these greens well!! They were slower than Stone Canyon and I could just never match pace with line to get anything IN!! We had a good time, so it's all good!!
This evening at Stone Canyon: 38-38=76
Pure smoke and mirrors......I decided to transition from hitting a hook to a fade and somehow hacked it around pretty well...LOL
I scrambled well to save a lot of pars and made a couple birdies when the opportunity presented itself.
Playing the City Tournament this weekend and hopefully next...
69, blue tees, Whispering Woods Golf Club.
That GameGolf link is cool. Tempting! What happened on your tee shot at #3? Gotta maximize your birdie opportunities on par 5s. :)
I shot a 42 in my league match today. 4 pars, 4 bogies and 1 blow up 8. Stupid hole. Lost my tee shot left, then on my 4th shot I hit a good 3 wood but could not find the ball. I guess I must have flow the green, but I thought I was pretty far out.
Oh, and partner and I won the match, 1 up.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › PING iE1 Irons 3 minutes ago
- › Sand Trap - The Best 4 minutes ago
- › Phil Mickelson Reportedly Tied to Money Laundering, Gambling Case 7 minutes ago
- › When should you change teachers? 7 minutes ago
- › Lowest Score Wins - a first-of-its kind golf book for anyone who... 11 minutes ago
- › Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer smoking [Photos] 14 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2014 Fall Outing December 7th Empire Lakes 20 minutes ago
- › i have no interest in "teeing it forward" 23 minutes ago
- › Warrior Custom Golf 23 minutes ago
- › Golfer shoots 57 with 3 aces, 2 of which were on par-4's 29 minutes ago
- › Lamkin Wrap-Tech Grip by Mr. Desmond
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by tristanhilton85
- › Snell Golf My Tour Ball by tristanhilton85
- › Sun Mountain Reflex Cart by Valleygolfer
- › Snell Golf Get Sum by newtogolf
- › ProAm by Morkin
- › PING G30 Driver by Mac62
- › Winn Dri-Tac Dark Gray Oversize Grip (+1/8 in.) by Mac62
- › Royal Manchester Golf Links by atb5079
- › Bridgestone e6 by mcat12
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes