Had first high school golf match of the year (which we lost by 6 because of a group getting disqualified for a bad card) and shot an 88. Putting was really the thing working, I didn't count putts but it seemed like everything was going in (including a 40 foot par putt). 42+46=88. Next match thursday at a MUCH easier course, so hopefully a good result comes from that!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 2:47 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 703
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
41 with 3 3 putts not my best day on the greens but had fun. Played with former D1 college golfer. He was pretty good but I kept up with him until the last hole. Hit one in the lake, really wasn't paying attention and we spent quite a bit of time waiting on the guys in front of us. He made birdie after getting home in 2, short 501 yard par 5, I salvaged a bogey and that was the difference in our scores. Dude could bomb it. He hit a drive right to the edge of a 346 yard par 4 that plays uphill and we had a pretty good cross wind.
Played a nice round this afternoon, +15. I felt in control the whole time and apart from one double, where my tee shot hit a tree which is in the middle of the fairway, i had 17nGIR and so always felt like i would make a few U&Ds and play better than bogey golf. I did only hit 2GIR which is poor but i was never very far away from the green. Still feel like i'm on the verge of a low round.
Played the back tees of a pretty easy public course here in Omaha. Course rating is 70.7 from the back.
40-41 = 81 (par 70). I hit 5 Greens which is not very good, but scrambled pretty well. I also putted decent, but missed two makeable birdie putts.
I got up and down two out of three times from the sand for tap in pars which I was pretty happy about.
Need to work on the swing for sure, but it's so hard to make swing changes!
One double was because I ended up in a bunker. The bunkers at community should all be labeled ground under repair. There is NO SAND, just dirt + ROCKS!!! My 60 degree Edel wedge has a nice nick on the sole now. I should send the clubhouse a bill.
The other double was due to a thinned pitch shot.
7 nGIR with 5 GIR
Saturday....Stone Canyon par 72............73.2CR 141slope
40-41=82......a forgettable round.
Sunday: Drumm Farm Golf Club: par72.....72.5CR 137slope
This is my old home course and I played with my old regular group. I played pretty well from tee to green, but had one of those days when I couldn't score. I played well enough to flirt with par but I couldn't hole any putts!!...and I know these greens well!! They were slower than Stone Canyon and I could just never match pace with line to get anything IN!! We had a good time, so it's all good!!
This evening at Stone Canyon: 38-38=76
Pure smoke and mirrors......I decided to transition from hitting a hook to a fade and somehow hacked it around pretty well...LOL
I scrambled well to save a lot of pars and made a couple birdies when the opportunity presented itself.
Playing the City Tournament this weekend and hopefully next...
69, blue tees, Whispering Woods Golf Club.
That GameGolf link is cool. Tempting! What happened on your tee shot at #3? Gotta maximize your birdie opportunities on par 5s. :)
I shot a 42 in my league match today. 4 pars, 4 bogies and 1 blow up 8. Stupid hole. Lost my tee shot left, then on my 4th shot I hit a good 3 wood but could not find the ball. I guess I must have flow the green, but I thought I was pretty far out.
Oh, and partner and I won the match, 1 up.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Shot in the hazard stays in the hazard, where do I drop? 7 minutes ago
- › Dan Jenkins On Tiger Beating "Nobodies" 8 minutes ago
- › Playing Golf with Someone Carrying a Weapon 8 minutes ago
- › 2015 U.S. Open Prediction Contest: Win a Callaway XR Driver and... 13 minutes ago
- › Acushnet (Titleist) patent-infringement case takes on start-up brands 14 minutes ago
- › Snickers Golf Bag 14 minutes ago
- › Does driver length influence ability to square club face? 20 minutes ago
- › Michelle Wie Twerking Video 22 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing - May 24th, 2015 @ Industry Hills... 24 minutes ago
- › New Season, new problem? 26 minutes ago
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest