Playing 18 holes at sunrise and bowling 15+ games afterward with my son makes for a long day. My son gets top priority and I was feeling worn out this morning so I skipped playing golf today and slept in............. my high game today was 243 with a split/open frame in the 10th
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I have always enjoyed walking. Always feel much more connected to the round, feel like i can learn the course better etc. However, of late some lower back nerve problems have really slowed me down....
The Garmin G3 is a basic, but very solid GPS unit. This is a model that came out a few years ago and it certainly doesn't have some of the advanced features that its successors have added. But what...
I was very excited to get a chance to review the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoe. When I first checked them out on the Adidas website, I was intrigued by the Boost energy capsules, and I was...
Back in summer 2013, a Bridgestone ballfitting team visited my home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The pair offered us a chance to test our current ball vs. Bridgestone products, and...
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 705
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Sunday, Kittyhawk GC., Eagle course, front nine
Lapsed back into the old pull-slice (or is it slice-pull) pattern with the driver. Pinned myself behind the trees on 2. Popped it up on 5 and pulled it into a hazard on 9 that is so far from the fairway, you wouldn't have thought it possible. Also failed to negotiate the forced carry on no. 8 for the umpteen billionth time. My approach shots utterly lacked quality. The only silver lining was the putting. I made all but one inside of 8 feet.
Definitely need to get to the range before next weekend.
+2 at Delaware Golf Club. Those holes aren't listed in the proper order, though. It gets the first hole, jumps to the back nine 10-18, then picks up with the second hole as #11.
Also, really not sure about my 352 yard drive… but the second yardage is accurate. Google Earth seems to confirm it was pretty long though…
Google Earth (Click to show)
One of my favorites of the year so far - blue listed as 6711 yards. I was hitting fairways really well. Found my approach game again partway through the front half. Good round.
4 penalties - pulled a 3w left into trees (great contact), sliced one drive right and gone (felt it go bad during the back swing actually), thicked a par 3 iron short (marsh, no excuse), hit a beautiful par 3 shot hybrid long (wrong club choice). no pattern there....
I'm running out of weekends and there's still about 4 or 5 more courses I'm referred to that I want to hit....luckily have three day weekend coming up.
First round in 2+ months since my first kid was born. Was in the middle of swing changes, and haven't gotten to practice much but was actually feeling pretty good about my swing between the intermittent practice and lots of dry swings. Shot 38 on the front, felt amazing and in control, hitting consistent draws that I've been working on. Really only 2 bad shots the whole 9. Bad par 4 tee shot cost me a bogey, terrible par 3 tee shot got me a double. One other bogey was just mostly bad luck with good recover to save the bogey. Slightly over drew a 6i approach, landed it 2 feet off the fringe pin high, bounced on a sprinkler cover to a terrible spot. Would've had a good chance at saving it from where it should've landed.
Then got pumped up on the turn and started swinging too hard, rushing at the transition, lost my positions, and shot a 50 on the back! So 38 + 50 = 88.
Oh well, pretty excited about the new swing stuff still. When I get the chance to play regularly again I think I can make a big leap!
Brookside course 2 Blues (69/121): 86 front/back 43/43 (Sunday Evening)
Brookside course 1 White (71.1/127): 74 (for only 15 holes). In general, really shabby playing (shanks on a bunch of approaches, didn't read greens, fell back on some drives). I think my muscles were sore from the evening before. Front 44/Back up to and including the 15th was 30. Was on my way to par bogey on the remaining 3 holes, but lucky for me I had to go to work. So, we'll never know
I plan to play 9-18 holes every morning this month, because I just got a monthly weekday pass really cheap. Hopefully, one of these months I'll be able to report breaking 85?
Shot 41-44-85 at Little Mountain in NE Ohio yesterday morning. My short game and putting were terrible. I had a pretty good day tee to green for me. Hit 62% fairways and 50% greens. However, I 3 putted 4 times (would be more if you count when I putted from just off the green a couple of times). My worst hole came on of all holes a 120 yard par 3. That hole wrecked me. I barely got off the tee after hitting it way fat. Put the next one in a green side bunker. The bunkers are very deep at Little Mountain. I didn't get out of the bunker on the next shot and barley got out on the my 4th. Triple Bogey. All in all I scored a little better than average but it could have been my first time breaking 80 if my short game was just average. Oh well. I guess things tend to even out. My tee to green game was very good for me. And my short game and putting were terrible.
I wanted to get a quicker round in today since I haven't played in a week, so I went over to Crooked Creek in Indy...just a 9-hole course and shot a 31 (which is par). I felt good all day, birdied the par 5 hole 5...chipping game was good, but totally messed one up that I could've eagled that par 5. It was my third time there and I enjoy it immensely...not too difficult, and definitely a fun course
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Tiger Passing On Bay Hill, Still Dangling Masters Possibility 29 seconds ago
- › Better chance to.. 7 minutes ago
- › Forum Profile Handicap Indices.... 8 minutes ago
- › Tiger Shot a Worst Ball 66 at Medalist Before Masters 10 minutes ago
- › Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce 10 minutes ago
- › Wilson Duo? and the great ball debate. 17 minutes ago
- › Why is Tiger's Short Game so Bad? Does he Have the Yips? 45 minutes ago
- › The Legacy Golf Club Las Vegas 46 minutes ago
- › My swing (Huddo) 49 minutes ago
- › womens starter clubs 54 minutes ago
- › Clicgear Model 3.5+ Push Cart by oregongolfguy
- › Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS by dkolo
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by k-troop
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes