Playing 18 holes at sunrise and bowling 15+ games afterward with my son makes for a long day. My son gets top priority and I was feeling worn out this morning so I skipped playing golf today and slept in............. my high game today was 243 with a split/open frame in the 10th
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 6/7/15 at 10:01am in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
So I was ordering some stuff online from Golfsmith and my order was a few dollars shy of qualifying for free shipping. Added a Snake Eyes leather glove to my order because it was cheap but still...
Bought this net from Walmart to make better use of my home practice time. The net was easy to assemble, disassemble, and stow away when not in use. The indoor stand was a bit flimsy and requires...
Yes, these are the grips that the most interesting golfer in the world uses on his clubs. While the Mechanic has aced a few holes with this grip in his hands, read on to see if these grips will fit...
For the last few years, I've worn the Next Belt, which is essentially identical to the Mission belt. Instead of the holes you find on a standard belt, the Mission belt uses a ratchet system. The...
Over the last few rounds I've been able to play the Snell My Tour golf ball, and at this point, I'd go so far as to say that it is my ball of choice. Even though I play right around a 9 handicap, I...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 705
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Sunday, Kittyhawk GC., Eagle course, front nine
Lapsed back into the old pull-slice (or is it slice-pull) pattern with the driver. Pinned myself behind the trees on 2. Popped it up on 5 and pulled it into a hazard on 9 that is so far from the fairway, you wouldn't have thought it possible. Also failed to negotiate the forced carry on no. 8 for the umpteen billionth time. My approach shots utterly lacked quality. The only silver lining was the putting. I made all but one inside of 8 feet.
Definitely need to get to the range before next weekend.
+2 at Delaware Golf Club. Those holes aren't listed in the proper order, though. It gets the first hole, jumps to the back nine 10-18, then picks up with the second hole as #11.
Also, really not sure about my 352 yard drive… but the second yardage is accurate. Google Earth seems to confirm it was pretty long though…
Google Earth (Click to show)
One of my favorites of the year so far - blue listed as 6711 yards. I was hitting fairways really well. Found my approach game again partway through the front half. Good round.
4 penalties - pulled a 3w left into trees (great contact), sliced one drive right and gone (felt it go bad during the back swing actually), thicked a par 3 iron short (marsh, no excuse), hit a beautiful par 3 shot hybrid long (wrong club choice). no pattern there....
I'm running out of weekends and there's still about 4 or 5 more courses I'm referred to that I want to hit....luckily have three day weekend coming up.
First round in 2+ months since my first kid was born. Was in the middle of swing changes, and haven't gotten to practice much but was actually feeling pretty good about my swing between the intermittent practice and lots of dry swings. Shot 38 on the front, felt amazing and in control, hitting consistent draws that I've been working on. Really only 2 bad shots the whole 9. Bad par 4 tee shot cost me a bogey, terrible par 3 tee shot got me a double. One other bogey was just mostly bad luck with good recover to save the bogey. Slightly over drew a 6i approach, landed it 2 feet off the fringe pin high, bounced on a sprinkler cover to a terrible spot. Would've had a good chance at saving it from where it should've landed.
Then got pumped up on the turn and started swinging too hard, rushing at the transition, lost my positions, and shot a 50 on the back! So 38 + 50 = 88.
Oh well, pretty excited about the new swing stuff still. When I get the chance to play regularly again I think I can make a big leap!
Brookside course 2 Blues (69/121): 86 front/back 43/43 (Sunday Evening)
Brookside course 1 White (71.1/127): 74 (for only 15 holes). In general, really shabby playing (shanks on a bunch of approaches, didn't read greens, fell back on some drives). I think my muscles were sore from the evening before. Front 44/Back up to and including the 15th was 30. Was on my way to par bogey on the remaining 3 holes, but lucky for me I had to go to work. So, we'll never know
I plan to play 9-18 holes every morning this month, because I just got a monthly weekday pass really cheap. Hopefully, one of these months I'll be able to report breaking 85?
Shot 41-44-85 at Little Mountain in NE Ohio yesterday morning. My short game and putting were terrible. I had a pretty good day tee to green for me. Hit 62% fairways and 50% greens. However, I 3 putted 4 times (would be more if you count when I putted from just off the green a couple of times). My worst hole came on of all holes a 120 yard par 3. That hole wrecked me. I barely got off the tee after hitting it way fat. Put the next one in a green side bunker. The bunkers are very deep at Little Mountain. I didn't get out of the bunker on the next shot and barley got out on the my 4th. Triple Bogey. All in all I scored a little better than average but it could have been my first time breaking 80 if my short game was just average. Oh well. I guess things tend to even out. My tee to green game was very good for me. And my short game and putting were terrible.
I wanted to get a quicker round in today since I haven't played in a week, so I went over to Crooked Creek in Indy...just a 9-hole course and shot a 31 (which is par). I felt good all day, birdied the par 5 hole 5...chipping game was good, but totally messed one up that I could've eagled that par 5. It was my third time there and I enjoy it immensely...not too difficult, and definitely a fun course
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Golfer shoots 57 with 3 aces, 2 of which were on par-4's 4 seconds ago
- › Donald Trump for president? 47 seconds ago
- › B And Q Kitchens For New Castle Upon Tyne 1 minute ago
- › Crush the ball when driving 1 minute ago
- › Smartgolf - Kickstarter project, sensors built inside clubhead to... 4 minutes ago
- › Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100 9 minutes ago
- › Hope Solo - star US women soccer player might be left off world cup... 9 minutes ago
- › What grade of golf net to buy 11 minutes ago
- › Golf Fuel Brain Vitamin - Junk 13 minutes ago
- › Rory McIlroy Ruptures Tendon, Out of British Open + Longer? 14 minutes ago
- › Snake Eyes Mens Leather Golf Glove by SavvySwede
- › Club Champ Multi-Sport Quik Net by SavvySwede
- › Lamkin Wrap-Tech Grip by Mr. Desmond
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by tristanhilton85
- › Snell Golf My Tour Ball by tristanhilton85
- › Sun Mountain Reflex Cart by Valleygolfer
- › Snell Golf Get Sum by newtogolf
- › ProAm by Morkin
- › PING G30 Driver by Mac62
- › Winn Dri-Tac Dark Gray Oversize Grip (+1/8 in.) by Mac62
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes