Playing 18 holes at sunrise and bowling 15+ games afterward with my son makes for a long day. My son gets top priority and I was feeling worn out this morning so I skipped playing golf today and slept in............. my high game today was 243 with a split/open frame in the 10th
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
I picked up this book after it was posting for discussion in the Reading Room section of The Sand Trap. James Sieckmann is a former PGA Pro who turned to coaching. His methods were developed...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 705
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Sunday, Kittyhawk GC., Eagle course, front nine
Lapsed back into the old pull-slice (or is it slice-pull) pattern with the driver. Pinned myself behind the trees on 2. Popped it up on 5 and pulled it into a hazard on 9 that is so far from the fairway, you wouldn't have thought it possible. Also failed to negotiate the forced carry on no. 8 for the umpteen billionth time. My approach shots utterly lacked quality. The only silver lining was the putting. I made all but one inside of 8 feet.
Definitely need to get to the range before next weekend.
+2 at Delaware Golf Club. Those holes aren't listed in the proper order, though. It gets the first hole, jumps to the back nine 10-18, then picks up with the second hole as #11.
Also, really not sure about my 352 yard drive… but the second yardage is accurate. Google Earth seems to confirm it was pretty long though…
Google Earth (Click to show)
One of my favorites of the year so far - blue listed as 6711 yards. I was hitting fairways really well. Found my approach game again partway through the front half. Good round.
4 penalties - pulled a 3w left into trees (great contact), sliced one drive right and gone (felt it go bad during the back swing actually), thicked a par 3 iron short (marsh, no excuse), hit a beautiful par 3 shot hybrid long (wrong club choice). no pattern there....
I'm running out of weekends and there's still about 4 or 5 more courses I'm referred to that I want to hit....luckily have three day weekend coming up.
First round in 2+ months since my first kid was born. Was in the middle of swing changes, and haven't gotten to practice much but was actually feeling pretty good about my swing between the intermittent practice and lots of dry swings. Shot 38 on the front, felt amazing and in control, hitting consistent draws that I've been working on. Really only 2 bad shots the whole 9. Bad par 4 tee shot cost me a bogey, terrible par 3 tee shot got me a double. One other bogey was just mostly bad luck with good recover to save the bogey. Slightly over drew a 6i approach, landed it 2 feet off the fringe pin high, bounced on a sprinkler cover to a terrible spot. Would've had a good chance at saving it from where it should've landed.
Then got pumped up on the turn and started swinging too hard, rushing at the transition, lost my positions, and shot a 50 on the back! So 38 + 50 = 88.
Oh well, pretty excited about the new swing stuff still. When I get the chance to play regularly again I think I can make a big leap!
Brookside course 2 Blues (69/121): 86 front/back 43/43 (Sunday Evening)
Brookside course 1 White (71.1/127): 74 (for only 15 holes). In general, really shabby playing (shanks on a bunch of approaches, didn't read greens, fell back on some drives). I think my muscles were sore from the evening before. Front 44/Back up to and including the 15th was 30. Was on my way to par bogey on the remaining 3 holes, but lucky for me I had to go to work. So, we'll never know
I plan to play 9-18 holes every morning this month, because I just got a monthly weekday pass really cheap. Hopefully, one of these months I'll be able to report breaking 85?
Shot 41-44-85 at Little Mountain in NE Ohio yesterday morning. My short game and putting were terrible. I had a pretty good day tee to green for me. Hit 62% fairways and 50% greens. However, I 3 putted 4 times (would be more if you count when I putted from just off the green a couple of times). My worst hole came on of all holes a 120 yard par 3. That hole wrecked me. I barely got off the tee after hitting it way fat. Put the next one in a green side bunker. The bunkers are very deep at Little Mountain. I didn't get out of the bunker on the next shot and barley got out on the my 4th. Triple Bogey. All in all I scored a little better than average but it could have been my first time breaking 80 if my short game was just average. Oh well. I guess things tend to even out. My tee to green game was very good for me. And my short game and putting were terrible.
I wanted to get a quicker round in today since I haven't played in a week, so I went over to Crooked Creek in Indy...just a 9-hole course and shot a 31 (which is par). I felt good all day, birdied the par 5 hole 5...chipping game was good, but totally messed one up that I could've eagled that par 5. It was my third time there and I enjoy it immensely...not too difficult, and definitely a fun course
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Practice backswing is good - actual not so much 7 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Women 9 minutes ago
- › Where do you leave your phone while playing? 15 minutes ago
- › 2015 WGC Cadillac Match Play Inside the Ropes Pics and Videos 23 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 27 minutes ago
- › Paula Creamer wants a Women’s Masters at Augusta [SB Nation] 28 minutes ago
- › Anyone carry 14 clubs and no FWs? 43 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing - May 24th, 2015 46 minutes ago
- › New 3w recommendations 56 minutes ago
- › Swing Analysers - help to fix faults ? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest