Playing 18 holes at sunrise and bowling 15+ games afterward with my son makes for a long day. My son gets top priority and I was feeling worn out this morning so I skipped playing golf today and slept in............. my high game today was 243 with a split/open frame in the 10th
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 5/22/15 at 3:17pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 705
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Sunday, Kittyhawk GC., Eagle course, front nine
Lapsed back into the old pull-slice (or is it slice-pull) pattern with the driver. Pinned myself behind the trees on 2. Popped it up on 5 and pulled it into a hazard on 9 that is so far from the fairway, you wouldn't have thought it possible. Also failed to negotiate the forced carry on no. 8 for the umpteen billionth time. My approach shots utterly lacked quality. The only silver lining was the putting. I made all but one inside of 8 feet.
Definitely need to get to the range before next weekend.
+2 at Delaware Golf Club. Those holes aren't listed in the proper order, though. It gets the first hole, jumps to the back nine 10-18, then picks up with the second hole as #11.
Also, really not sure about my 352 yard drive… but the second yardage is accurate. Google Earth seems to confirm it was pretty long though…
Google Earth (Click to show)
One of my favorites of the year so far - blue listed as 6711 yards. I was hitting fairways really well. Found my approach game again partway through the front half. Good round.
4 penalties - pulled a 3w left into trees (great contact), sliced one drive right and gone (felt it go bad during the back swing actually), thicked a par 3 iron short (marsh, no excuse), hit a beautiful par 3 shot hybrid long (wrong club choice). no pattern there....
I'm running out of weekends and there's still about 4 or 5 more courses I'm referred to that I want to hit....luckily have three day weekend coming up.
First round in 2+ months since my first kid was born. Was in the middle of swing changes, and haven't gotten to practice much but was actually feeling pretty good about my swing between the intermittent practice and lots of dry swings. Shot 38 on the front, felt amazing and in control, hitting consistent draws that I've been working on. Really only 2 bad shots the whole 9. Bad par 4 tee shot cost me a bogey, terrible par 3 tee shot got me a double. One other bogey was just mostly bad luck with good recover to save the bogey. Slightly over drew a 6i approach, landed it 2 feet off the fringe pin high, bounced on a sprinkler cover to a terrible spot. Would've had a good chance at saving it from where it should've landed.
Then got pumped up on the turn and started swinging too hard, rushing at the transition, lost my positions, and shot a 50 on the back! So 38 + 50 = 88.
Oh well, pretty excited about the new swing stuff still. When I get the chance to play regularly again I think I can make a big leap!
Brookside course 2 Blues (69/121): 86 front/back 43/43 (Sunday Evening)
Brookside course 1 White (71.1/127): 74 (for only 15 holes). In general, really shabby playing (shanks on a bunch of approaches, didn't read greens, fell back on some drives). I think my muscles were sore from the evening before. Front 44/Back up to and including the 15th was 30. Was on my way to par bogey on the remaining 3 holes, but lucky for me I had to go to work. So, we'll never know
I plan to play 9-18 holes every morning this month, because I just got a monthly weekday pass really cheap. Hopefully, one of these months I'll be able to report breaking 85?
Shot 41-44-85 at Little Mountain in NE Ohio yesterday morning. My short game and putting were terrible. I had a pretty good day tee to green for me. Hit 62% fairways and 50% greens. However, I 3 putted 4 times (would be more if you count when I putted from just off the green a couple of times). My worst hole came on of all holes a 120 yard par 3. That hole wrecked me. I barely got off the tee after hitting it way fat. Put the next one in a green side bunker. The bunkers are very deep at Little Mountain. I didn't get out of the bunker on the next shot and barley got out on the my 4th. Triple Bogey. All in all I scored a little better than average but it could have been my first time breaking 80 if my short game was just average. Oh well. I guess things tend to even out. My tee to green game was very good for me. And my short game and putting were terrible.
I wanted to get a quicker round in today since I haven't played in a week, so I went over to Crooked Creek in Indy...just a 9-hole course and shot a 31 (which is par). I felt good all day, birdied the par 5 hole 5...chipping game was good, but totally messed one up that I could've eagled that par 5. It was my third time there and I enjoy it immensely...not too difficult, and definitely a fun course
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › TST Talks with GAME Golf 45 seconds ago
- › 2015 U.S. Open Prediction Contest: Win a Callaway XR Driver and... 58 seconds ago
- › Dayton, OH 5 minutes ago
- › Best Sunglasses for vision enhancement on the course 11 minutes ago
- › Oakley Golf Prizm Lenses 14 minutes ago
- › What will you watch more of? Wentworth or Colonial. *VOTE* 15 minutes ago
- › Miguel "The Most Interesting Man in Golf" Jimenez Aces Par 3 36 minutes ago
- › Frustrating Round-Bad Putters Represent 36 minutes ago
- › PING - Tell Me About your Pings 43 minutes ago
- › Nicest Guy on the Tour 59 minutes ago
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest