Playing 18 holes at sunrise and bowling 15+ games afterward with my son makes for a long day. My son gets top priority and I was feeling worn out this morning so I skipped playing golf today and slept in............. my high game today was 243 with a split/open frame in the 10th
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 11/20/14 at 1:23pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
From the creator of the classic HipTi Driver comes this flat black, easygoing, straight driver with distance. Jesse Ortiz has always carved his prototypes from wood by hand. It was the way he was...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 705
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Sunday, Kittyhawk GC., Eagle course, front nine
Lapsed back into the old pull-slice (or is it slice-pull) pattern with the driver. Pinned myself behind the trees on 2. Popped it up on 5 and pulled it into a hazard on 9 that is so far from the fairway, you wouldn't have thought it possible. Also failed to negotiate the forced carry on no. 8 for the umpteen billionth time. My approach shots utterly lacked quality. The only silver lining was the putting. I made all but one inside of 8 feet.
Definitely need to get to the range before next weekend.
+2 at Delaware Golf Club. Those holes aren't listed in the proper order, though. It gets the first hole, jumps to the back nine 10-18, then picks up with the second hole as #11.
Also, really not sure about my 352 yard drive… but the second yardage is accurate. Google Earth seems to confirm it was pretty long though…
Google Earth (Click to show)
One of my favorites of the year so far - blue listed as 6711 yards. I was hitting fairways really well. Found my approach game again partway through the front half. Good round.
4 penalties - pulled a 3w left into trees (great contact), sliced one drive right and gone (felt it go bad during the back swing actually), thicked a par 3 iron short (marsh, no excuse), hit a beautiful par 3 shot hybrid long (wrong club choice). no pattern there....
I'm running out of weekends and there's still about 4 or 5 more courses I'm referred to that I want to hit....luckily have three day weekend coming up.
First round in 2+ months since my first kid was born. Was in the middle of swing changes, and haven't gotten to practice much but was actually feeling pretty good about my swing between the intermittent practice and lots of dry swings. Shot 38 on the front, felt amazing and in control, hitting consistent draws that I've been working on. Really only 2 bad shots the whole 9. Bad par 4 tee shot cost me a bogey, terrible par 3 tee shot got me a double. One other bogey was just mostly bad luck with good recover to save the bogey. Slightly over drew a 6i approach, landed it 2 feet off the fringe pin high, bounced on a sprinkler cover to a terrible spot. Would've had a good chance at saving it from where it should've landed.
Then got pumped up on the turn and started swinging too hard, rushing at the transition, lost my positions, and shot a 50 on the back! So 38 + 50 = 88.
Oh well, pretty excited about the new swing stuff still. When I get the chance to play regularly again I think I can make a big leap!
Brookside course 2 Blues (69/121): 86 front/back 43/43 (Sunday Evening)
Brookside course 1 White (71.1/127): 74 (for only 15 holes). In general, really shabby playing (shanks on a bunch of approaches, didn't read greens, fell back on some drives). I think my muscles were sore from the evening before. Front 44/Back up to and including the 15th was 30. Was on my way to par bogey on the remaining 3 holes, but lucky for me I had to go to work. So, we'll never know
I plan to play 9-18 holes every morning this month, because I just got a monthly weekday pass really cheap. Hopefully, one of these months I'll be able to report breaking 85?
Shot 41-44-85 at Little Mountain in NE Ohio yesterday morning. My short game and putting were terrible. I had a pretty good day tee to green for me. Hit 62% fairways and 50% greens. However, I 3 putted 4 times (would be more if you count when I putted from just off the green a couple of times). My worst hole came on of all holes a 120 yard par 3. That hole wrecked me. I barely got off the tee after hitting it way fat. Put the next one in a green side bunker. The bunkers are very deep at Little Mountain. I didn't get out of the bunker on the next shot and barley got out on the my 4th. Triple Bogey. All in all I scored a little better than average but it could have been my first time breaking 80 if my short game was just average. Oh well. I guess things tend to even out. My tee to green game was very good for me. And my short game and putting were terrible.
I wanted to get a quicker round in today since I haven't played in a week, so I went over to Crooked Creek in Indy...just a 9-hole course and shot a 31 (which is par). I felt good all day, birdied the par 5 hole 5...chipping game was good, but totally messed one up that I could've eagled that par 5. It was my third time there and I enjoy it immensely...not too difficult, and definitely a fun course
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone look at NBC's science of golf website? It's got some great... 3 minutes ago
- › Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Thread (Was Injury Thread) 14 minutes ago
- › Is "ready" golf against the rules? 17 minutes ago
- › What Would You Give To Hit It 40 Yards Further? 31 minutes ago
- › Bluejack National Video - This is NOT Satire 39 minutes ago
- › Walkers: Do you carry your bag or do you use a push cart? 41 minutes ago
- › Shoulder Turn & Balance 42 minutes ago
- › Should I Replace These Clubs? 47 minutes ago
- › Volvik Golf Balls... Yours FREE! 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › IceSkin Cooling Shirt by Garmatex by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes