5-over for a 40. Started off well - even after three holes - but I had a stretch of five bogeys. Finished with a par, though.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
New this year from True Linkswear is the TRUE motion. Set at $119.95, it is a step up from last years TRUE vegas shoe. From True Linkswear: The Motion was inspired by the popular TRUE street...
This is a very solid belt. A little wider than what I normally wear for golf, but that's more a commentary on my lack of style, than on the belt itself. Nice supple leather that needs no...
River Forest CC is my home course. This is a shorter course but don't be fooled by the lack of length. The greens are small and the fairways are tight. The layout of the course is fair, but you...
In my opinion, they are an excellent grip for both players who use gloves and those who do not. I really like the feel of the "reduced taper" which gives my lower hand a positive feel. The top...
Bought 4 dozen of these when they on sale and I got a really good deal on the balls and I have used them this week playing 4 rounds. I really enjoyed using the ball and did not feel a huge...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 707
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Sixty-eight years old and playing my second season of golf. Today, I made my first hole-in-one. 159 yards from Tee, over a pond with short Fairway. Hit an orange Bridgestone 6 with Adams 6 Hybrid. The ball hit short of the cup and went in on one bounce. Came close last year on same hole but stopped on the left lip of the cup. Had a bad case of the butterflies as I approached the Green with the ball nowhere in sight.
Even though were not supposed to respond to posts in this thread congrats anyways.
Gotta' love 3 day weekends! I teed it up this morning at Stone Canyon: 73.2cr and 141 slope
I am still trying to change my ball flight "on the fly" and today was a complete disaster!!
I'm still trying to play the ball more forward with an open stance with my irons too, and my ball contact is terrible. I can't seem to move the bottom of my arc forward! LOL ....oh well. On the rare chance I do hit a nice drive, I can't seem to hit any of my irons well except for my wedges. I haven't changed my wedge ball position....every other iron strike is a tad bit off the toe and a little heavy.
83 ESC 82 front 40 back 43 rated 73.4 slope 139 indexed 7.0
1 D bogey
1 T bogey
Well I have not been playing very much lately maybe 3 times the past 4 weeks so I wasn't expecting a lot of good things, Overall I really didn't play terrible I think if I could have just avoided 2 or 3 mistakes and my round would have been in the 70's. I know the total putt count looks high but the greens I play are not easy and I'm not a very good putter right now but I just don't think it's the only reason I'm having a hard time breaking 80 here lately, I think if I would have drove the ball a little better especially the first hole I caught the thing right on the neck and it barely went 50 yards.
Finally had a dry day for a round, still wet under foot, no run all carry, but the umbrella stayed in the bag. had 38 front nine, putter was hot,43 back nine, missed a few makeable 6 footers, but overall 81 very pleasing, Looking forward to Tuesday game if we have dry weather the next couple days, August rainfall my district was 375mm or 15 inches.
Moss Creek Golf Course, Clayton, OH
Bizarre round. I hit my driver better than I may have ever. Nothing super long, but either in the fairway or just barely off it. Kept the same ball all round long. Irons were poor and putting was a catastrophe. The funny thing was that the greens were so poor that I more or less mentally checked out on them. Usually a three-putt gets me mad. With the green-brown lunar landscape that passed for greens, I'd just putt out and move on to the next tee. I was actually stunned with I totaled it all up afterwards.
It is a real shame This course has a really solid layout and the damage to the greens makes it almost unplayable.
41, I was pretty close! An OOB tee shot on hole 6 was the only real awful shot I had today - I teed off with a hybrid and just launched it sideways off the toe. I made a double bogey on it which is pretty solid considering the circumstances. I had a couple good looks for birdie but I couldn't knock any of them down.
I was up a little too late last night and turned off the alarm this morning and decided to sleep in and stay rested because I always bowl with my son in the afternoons on the weekend. We only bowled 10 games each (usually 15 or more) so I decided to play golf this evening. I can't hit anything solid right now except for my wedges! I hacked all around the course today and carded a 42 at stone canyon with only 13 putts!!!! I tried to move the ball back to my normal setup, and now I'm still hacking!! LOL....now my golf game is in a pickle.
Im bowling better than I play golf right now! LOL........ I rolled a 10 game set and averaged a 205 today.
-3 32 on front and +12 47 on back of weird par 70 course I've never played. Rating was 1.2 under par so the 79 actually ticked my trend up a 10th. Weirdest day of golf I've ever played. Honestly I could have been -6 or so on the front I played that well. I missed a few birdie putts by miniscule distances, hanging on lip type stuff. Besides one long putt on a par 5 all the birdies I did make were tap in's. But all hell broke loose on the back and I played strangely, haven't made so many doubles since I started in 2012.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Article on Low T as we age 3 minutes ago
- › Opinion on pros and cons of private club membership 4 minutes ago
- › My Swing (SoundandFury) 7 minutes ago
- › 2015 Shenzhen China Intl Open (Euro Tour) 8 minutes ago
- › TST Investigates GAME Golf 11 minutes ago
- › Article on:Spieth taking more money from Tony Romo than he can count 12 minutes ago
- › Nasty People Abound On Some Forums 15 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Jetfan1983) 21 minutes ago
- › Average Distances... How far do you hit each club? and don't lie... 27 minutes ago
- › The Stack and Tilt Golf Swing 34 minutes ago
- › True Linkswear TRUE motion by boogielicious
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by David in FL
- › Freeport, PA by dfreuter415
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by Club Rat
- › Srixon Z-Star XV by Tgb02
- › Talon Golf Glove by Jakester23
- › Cobra Men's Bio Cell Driver by Uncle Peter
- › George Wright Golf Course by Back 9 Bandit
- › PING Glide Wedges by Golfingdad
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Shindig
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest