5-over for a 40. Started off well - even after three holes - but I had a stretch of five bogeys. Finished with a par, though.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 12:33 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
I bought this cart after deciding that paying $4 for the lousy pull cart rentals was a sucker's plan with the frequency of my playing golf and at $99, this cart made a ton of sense, financially....
I like to play in cooler weather. What I don't like it bulky outerwear that restricts my golf swing. I searched out a number of lighter weight tops for fall golf. I tried on Oakley, Adidas,...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 707
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Sixty-eight years old and playing my second season of golf. Today, I made my first hole-in-one. 159 yards from Tee, over a pond with short Fairway. Hit an orange Bridgestone 6 with Adams 6 Hybrid. The ball hit short of the cup and went in on one bounce. Came close last year on same hole but stopped on the left lip of the cup. Had a bad case of the butterflies as I approached the Green with the ball nowhere in sight.
Even though were not supposed to respond to posts in this thread congrats anyways.
Gotta' love 3 day weekends! I teed it up this morning at Stone Canyon: 73.2cr and 141 slope
I am still trying to change my ball flight "on the fly" and today was a complete disaster!!
I'm still trying to play the ball more forward with an open stance with my irons too, and my ball contact is terrible. I can't seem to move the bottom of my arc forward! LOL ....oh well. On the rare chance I do hit a nice drive, I can't seem to hit any of my irons well except for my wedges. I haven't changed my wedge ball position....every other iron strike is a tad bit off the toe and a little heavy.
83 ESC 82 front 40 back 43 rated 73.4 slope 139 indexed 7.0
1 D bogey
1 T bogey
Well I have not been playing very much lately maybe 3 times the past 4 weeks so I wasn't expecting a lot of good things, Overall I really didn't play terrible I think if I could have just avoided 2 or 3 mistakes and my round would have been in the 70's. I know the total putt count looks high but the greens I play are not easy and I'm not a very good putter right now but I just don't think it's the only reason I'm having a hard time breaking 80 here lately, I think if I would have drove the ball a little better especially the first hole I caught the thing right on the neck and it barely went 50 yards.
Finally had a dry day for a round, still wet under foot, no run all carry, but the umbrella stayed in the bag. had 38 front nine, putter was hot,43 back nine, missed a few makeable 6 footers, but overall 81 very pleasing, Looking forward to Tuesday game if we have dry weather the next couple days, August rainfall my district was 375mm or 15 inches.
Moss Creek Golf Course, Clayton, OH
Bizarre round. I hit my driver better than I may have ever. Nothing super long, but either in the fairway or just barely off it. Kept the same ball all round long. Irons were poor and putting was a catastrophe. The funny thing was that the greens were so poor that I more or less mentally checked out on them. Usually a three-putt gets me mad. With the green-brown lunar landscape that passed for greens, I'd just putt out and move on to the next tee. I was actually stunned with I totaled it all up afterwards.
It is a real shame This course has a really solid layout and the damage to the greens makes it almost unplayable.
41, I was pretty close! An OOB tee shot on hole 6 was the only real awful shot I had today - I teed off with a hybrid and just launched it sideways off the toe. I made a double bogey on it which is pretty solid considering the circumstances. I had a couple good looks for birdie but I couldn't knock any of them down.
I was up a little too late last night and turned off the alarm this morning and decided to sleep in and stay rested because I always bowl with my son in the afternoons on the weekend. We only bowled 10 games each (usually 15 or more) so I decided to play golf this evening. I can't hit anything solid right now except for my wedges! I hacked all around the course today and carded a 42 at stone canyon with only 13 putts!!!! I tried to move the ball back to my normal setup, and now I'm still hacking!! LOL....now my golf game is in a pickle.
Im bowling better than I play golf right now! LOL........ I rolled a 10 game set and averaged a 205 today.
-3 32 on front and +12 47 on back of weird par 70 course I've never played. Rating was 1.2 under par so the 79 actually ticked my trend up a 10th. Weirdest day of golf I've ever played. Honestly I could have been -6 or so on the front I played that well. I missed a few birdie putts by miniscule distances, hanging on lip type stuff. Besides one long putt on a par 5 all the birdies I did make were tap in's. But all hell broke loose on the back and I played strangely, haven't made so many doubles since I started in 2012.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › Rate this drill! 10 minutes ago
- › What is the most important aspect of golf that you think can... 40 minutes ago
- › Still swinging: Indoor golf opportunities grow - The Journal News... 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › "Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › My Swing (deason) 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › AimPoint Green Reading 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › How to Effectively Create Lag on the Downswing 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Working On? 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes