A 40/40 for an 80. I missed a 10' footer on the last hole that would have put me on cloud 9 with a 79. Still pleased with the results. I saw some things I have been working on go my way. It's just a matter of time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
New this year from True Linkswear is the TRUE motion. Set at $119.95, it is a step up from last years TRUE vegas shoe. From True Linkswear: The Motion was inspired by the popular TRUE street...
This is a very solid belt. A little wider than what I normally wear for golf, but that's more a commentary on my lack of style, than on the belt itself. Nice supple leather that needs no...
River Forest CC is my home course. This is a shorter course but don't be fooled by the lack of length. The greens are small and the fairways are tight. The layout of the course is fair, but you...
In my opinion, they are an excellent grip for both players who use gloves and those who do not. I really like the feel of the "reduced taper" which gives my lower hand a positive feel. The top...
Bought 4 dozen of these when they on sale and I got a really good deal on the balls and I have used them this week playing 4 rounds. I really enjoyed using the ball and did not feel a huge...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 709
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot a 42 in my league match today. 7 bogies, 2 pars. I'm pretty happy with it. Only 1 penalty, lost a driver in the high grass left. Two 3 putts on par 3s wasn't great, but one of them I was like 50 feet from the hole.
Gotta say the steady head drills and that quickie chipping video of Erik's have revolutionized my game. Before I was shooting around 50 over 9, and now I'm in the low to mid 40s.
Oh, and we won the match 2&1.
I reverted back to my old driver today......I hit several balls on the front and lost many....I mostly experimented to give myself a chance to get re-acquainted....I played the back first...then turned to the front and played a 9 for a score.
Stone Canyon: par36..........36.4CR 145slope....
Scored a 38........8 pars and a double.
The 6th hole did me in.......408yd uphill par4......I pushed my ball left into lost ball territory.......hit 3 from the tee.....stroked a nice drive.........130yd wedge to 10foot and missed my bogey putt. The old driver is staying in the bag..... I'm not a big hitter, but my old driver definitely flies further.
Now, if I would've been even par at that point I might've just pushed through and hoped the heavy stuff didn't come through.
Community GC (Dales Course), Dayton, OH
I had 17 decent holes and one massive blowup hole that kept this round from being a lot better.
My buddy Chris (the fellow who started me on golf) and I breezed thru the first five holes as nice as pie.The toughest two holes on this course are six and seven. Both par-5s. Six goes down and seven is back up this hill. We hadn't seen anyone so far and Chris saw nobody after walking 10 feet in front of the tee box and looking down the hill. He should have walked a little further.
We both hit some awful pop ups, head down the hill and see four guys wandering around the bottom of the hill. We were real lucky not to hit any of them. A ranger (didn't even think this course had one) tells them to let us play through. I don't know if I was spooked or what, but an 11-stroke debacle ensues. The amazing thing was that I regrouped as well as I did. Chris ended up shading me by one stinking stroke,
44-41 for a +13 85. It was a pretty up-and-down round; I had 8 pars but I also had 5 double bogeys, all of which were on the hole following a par. Interesting. I was in the sand a ton, and I'm not good at getting it close from there. I putted pretty well, though, which is always nice.
Forgot to mention a birdie, which coincidentally was on a hole I previously posted in the Shot of the Week thread.
78 front 40 back 38 rated 73.4 slope 139 indexed 3.7
2 penalty strokes
Was a pretty good round but could have been one of my best ever, I put an extension on my driver shaft to get some weight back to the club head and I didnt' time to hit any balls to get a feel for it so I had some blown out drives that got lost so there was basically 4 strokes lost right there, I feel this round could have been closer to 73 with just a couple things going my way but overall a good score for such a long drought. Putting was what really made this happen though I think I may be turning a corner with that, hit an absolute beautiful approach from 115 that stopped 2inches from going in for a deuce on the #3handicap hole 430 yard par4, promising thing was the 2 doubles were on the #1 and #2 index holes and iha d to hit 3 off the tee on both but made net par with my 2nd ball basically 4 strokes lost.
I felt like I should have scored a little better but shot a 74 (par 71).
+2 on the front with no birdies and +1 on the back with one birdie. (3 putt bogey on 18).
BTW I played 9 holes before our game and shot -2 with no bogeys. It seems that I am losing focus and making silly mistakes whenever my teammates have a hole covered and that's when I'm making my bogeys.
I played nine this am at a new course. The most difficult course I've played thus far.
I finished +9.
Very happy with my score. 2 penalty strokes. One was because I didn't know the course well, and the other a horrible tee shot that I pushed out of bounds.
Tierra Rejada in So Cal. A really beautiful course, that I really enjoyed playing. We were the first ones out there, and there was no one in front of, or behind us.
Something about playing golf first thing in the am, when it's so quiet...Almost the same feeling you get when you can manage to go really deep into a meditation.
86 esc 84 front 43back43 index 8.6 rate 73.4 slope 139
Just could not get it going today and had a diusaster 9 on a par5 with 2 lost balls, I did however improve my driving technique and figured out what to do to improve and I hit 1monster drive up hill right at 280 yards so I do feel pretty good on that.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › "Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik 4 minutes ago
- › 2015 RBC Heritage Discussion Thread 16 minutes ago
- › How fast do you play? 21 minutes ago
- › 140mph + head speed, but driver is still bad. 23 minutes ago
- › San Francisco Giants 28 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Colin007) 30 minutes ago
- › A tour event played with the old equipment 41 minutes ago
- › My Swing (SoundandFury) 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › TST Talks with GAME Golf 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › 21 Handicapper - Avg. score around 98 - Avg putts per round 43! 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › True Linkswear TRUE motion by boogielicious
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by David in FL
- › Freeport, PA by dfreuter415
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by Club Rat
- › Srixon Z-Star XV by Tgb02
- › Talon Golf Glove by Jakester23
- › Cobra Men's Bio Cell Driver by Uncle Peter
- › George Wright Golf Course by Back 9 Bandit
- › PING Glide Wedges by Golfingdad
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Shindig
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest