A 40/40 for an 80. I missed a 10' footer on the last hole that would have put me on cloud 9 with a 79. Still pleased with the results. I saw some things I have been working on go my way. It's just a matter of time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I was given a dozen of these balls to play and test out.. I have played these for over 6-7 rounds now and have shot some good scores for me (Mid-70-s). As such, I kept the same ball for a few...
First off I would like to thank The Sand Trap Staff along with Bridgestone Golf for the opportunity to test and write my review of the E-6 golf ball. Hopefully my review will enhance the...
I thought the book was well thought out. It dispels some long held myths about the golf game, but also shows you why they are myths instead of just telling you. It really takes game management...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
What'd You Shoot Today? - Page 709
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Shot a 42 in my league match today. 7 bogies, 2 pars. I'm pretty happy with it. Only 1 penalty, lost a driver in the high grass left. Two 3 putts on par 3s wasn't great, but one of them I was like 50 feet from the hole.
Gotta say the steady head drills and that quickie chipping video of Erik's have revolutionized my game. Before I was shooting around 50 over 9, and now I'm in the low to mid 40s.
Oh, and we won the match 2&1.
I reverted back to my old driver today......I hit several balls on the front and lost many....I mostly experimented to give myself a chance to get re-acquainted....I played the back first...then turned to the front and played a 9 for a score.
Stone Canyon: par36..........36.4CR 145slope....
Scored a 38........8 pars and a double.
The 6th hole did me in.......408yd uphill par4......I pushed my ball left into lost ball territory.......hit 3 from the tee.....stroked a nice drive.........130yd wedge to 10foot and missed my bogey putt. The old driver is staying in the bag..... I'm not a big hitter, but my old driver definitely flies further.
Now, if I would've been even par at that point I might've just pushed through and hoped the heavy stuff didn't come through.
Community GC (Dales Course), Dayton, OH
I had 17 decent holes and one massive blowup hole that kept this round from being a lot better.
My buddy Chris (the fellow who started me on golf) and I breezed thru the first five holes as nice as pie.The toughest two holes on this course are six and seven. Both par-5s. Six goes down and seven is back up this hill. We hadn't seen anyone so far and Chris saw nobody after walking 10 feet in front of the tee box and looking down the hill. He should have walked a little further.
We both hit some awful pop ups, head down the hill and see four guys wandering around the bottom of the hill. We were real lucky not to hit any of them. A ranger (didn't even think this course had one) tells them to let us play through. I don't know if I was spooked or what, but an 11-stroke debacle ensues. The amazing thing was that I regrouped as well as I did. Chris ended up shading me by one stinking stroke,
44-41 for a +13 85. It was a pretty up-and-down round; I had 8 pars but I also had 5 double bogeys, all of which were on the hole following a par. Interesting. I was in the sand a ton, and I'm not good at getting it close from there. I putted pretty well, though, which is always nice.
Forgot to mention a birdie, which coincidentally was on a hole I previously posted in the Shot of the Week thread.
78 front 40 back 38 rated 73.4 slope 139 indexed 3.7
2 penalty strokes
Was a pretty good round but could have been one of my best ever, I put an extension on my driver shaft to get some weight back to the club head and I didnt' time to hit any balls to get a feel for it so I had some blown out drives that got lost so there was basically 4 strokes lost right there, I feel this round could have been closer to 73 with just a couple things going my way but overall a good score for such a long drought. Putting was what really made this happen though I think I may be turning a corner with that, hit an absolute beautiful approach from 115 that stopped 2inches from going in for a deuce on the #3handicap hole 430 yard par4, promising thing was the 2 doubles were on the #1 and #2 index holes and iha d to hit 3 off the tee on both but made net par with my 2nd ball basically 4 strokes lost.
I felt like I should have scored a little better but shot a 74 (par 71).
+2 on the front with no birdies and +1 on the back with one birdie. (3 putt bogey on 18).
BTW I played 9 holes before our game and shot -2 with no bogeys. It seems that I am losing focus and making silly mistakes whenever my teammates have a hole covered and that's when I'm making my bogeys.
I played nine this am at a new course. The most difficult course I've played thus far.
I finished +9.
Very happy with my score. 2 penalty strokes. One was because I didn't know the course well, and the other a horrible tee shot that I pushed out of bounds.
Tierra Rejada in So Cal. A really beautiful course, that I really enjoyed playing. We were the first ones out there, and there was no one in front of, or behind us.
Something about playing golf first thing in the am, when it's so quiet...Almost the same feeling you get when you can manage to go really deep into a meditation.
86 esc 84 front 43back43 index 8.6 rate 73.4 slope 139
Just could not get it going today and had a diusaster 9 on a par5 with 2 lost balls, I did however improve my driving technique and figured out what to do to improve and I hit 1monster drive up hill right at 280 yards so I do feel pretty good on that.
- What'd You Shoot Today?
- › 2015 NFL Football Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Club postion behind ball affecting ball flight? 11 minutes ago
- › Automated Strike Zones MLB 39 minutes ago
- › Anchored Pros Switching - How Are They Doing? 39 minutes ago
- › Golf stats and correlation to average score vs. handicap 54 minutes ago
- › Greg Norman Says Players Content with Top 20s over Wins 56 minutes ago
- › Golf Score Changer 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Joe vs pro 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › My swing (Huddo) 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › A question on de-lofting the club at address. 4 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by cliffj
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Club Rat
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by oregongolfguy
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes